Gran Turismo 7 Releasing in "First Half of 2021"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think a game has released with over 1000 cars using modern assets.

GT5 and 6 had 1000+ but 3/4 of the list were ported PS2 assets with minimal if any adjustments.

I don’t know if any Forza game has gotten up to those numbers with post-launch support, but they’ve certainly never launched with 1000 - and they’re the ones known for having an outsourced modeling crew. It’s a bit insane of an ask for GT7, especially knowing the pace that PD seemed to be able to add content to GTS.

Polyphony finally started to outsource as well which is never a bad move :)

Would you really not buy the game if it only has 400 cars? I somehow doubt that.
I would buy the game even if it only had 200 cars but I wouldn't be very satisfied... I don't think the game is only going to have 64ish more cars than GT SPORT. The game's website says: "choose from a huge variety of cars with no loading times" so I think they are referring to more than 400. 500 would be great in my opinion

I would buy the game even if it only had 200 cars

Which to PD, is all that matters.

I don't think it'll only have 400 either, I think they'll aim for that 500 barrier ,but my point is PD don't need to include a crazy number of cars when 99% of people will buy it with far less. Simple business.

My prediction is something around 580 cars simply because of the used car dealership. It is a very delicate subject and I feel it could play an important role on these numbers because, in my opinion, the GT Sport car list can't handle a proper GT UCD very well. That's basically the main reason I'm going for 500+ cars. If there was no UCD confirmed, I would say 400 should be enough.

I don't know why people think GT7 needs 500+ cars because it has a used car dealership feature. GT1 had a used car dealership with around 180 cars, GT Sport has almost double that number. 325 is certainly enough to make a used car dealership type feature work in a game.

The used car dealership will likely feature certain cars much more prominently than others, that means most cycles you'll probably see Honda Civic's, Preludes, R32, 33 and R34 Skylines, Mitsubishi Lancers etc. They will cycle in their various availalbe colours and then rarer cars might feature only 1 in 50 or more cycles.

That's just guesswork, we don't really know how it will work, but while I do believe GT7 will possibly have around 500 cars at launch I don't think the fact it has a used car dealership feature has anything to do with that.

I don't know why people think GT7 needs 500+ cars because it has a used car dealership feature. GT1 had a used car dealership with around 180 cars, GT Sport has almost double that number. 325 is certainly enough to make a used car dealership type feature work in a game.

The used car dealership will likely feature certain cars much more prominently than others, that means most cycles you'll probably see Honda Civic's, Preludes, R32, 33 and R34 Skylines, Mitsubishi Lancers etc. They will cycle in their various availalbe colours and then rarer cars might feature only 1 in 50 or more cycles.

That's just guesswork, we don't really know how it will work, but while I do believe GT7 will possibly have around 500 cars at launch I don't think the fact it has a used car dealership feature has anything to do with that.
We aren't suggesting that it's a pre-requisite, it's just what the majority of us expect.

We aren't suggesting that it's a pre-requisite, it's just what the majority of us expect.

Exactly, a few months ago I made a prediction of which cars from GT Sport are likely to appear as used cars on GT7 on another thread. I could only list about 45. Of course, this is based on some restrictions I made by myself, such as 1980-2010 models only, excluding race cars and very exotic ones... so I can be totally wrong at the end, but who knows.

Yes, GT1 had a used car dealer but the models were repetitive, you occasionally got 6 or 7 S13 Silvias on the same lineup, for example. GT2 also has this repetition but on the other hand with a much larger variety of models.

Ultimately, GT4 is the one that has the perfect example of the UCD, fingers crossed to see something like this on GT7.

Last edited:
My point wasn't so mucch aimed at the expectation of 500 cars and how that would benefit a used car dealership as much as the expectation that we would get 500 cars simply because of the used car dealership. For example "My prediction is something around 580 cars simply because of the used car dealership".

I think we'll get 500 or so cars too, but I don't think at any point Polyphony decided that they needed 500 cars because they wanted to put a used car dealership in the game.

Don't forget, GT1 had 6 used car dealerships, 1 for each of the Japanese manufacturers, GT2 had 8. They would have been a lot less repetitive if all of the dealers were merged into one used car dealership. A whole 6 times less and 8 times less repetetive respectively.

Last edited:
My prediction is something around 580 cars simply because of the used car dealership. It is a very delicate subject and I feel it could play an important role on these numbers because, in my opinion, the GT Sport car list can't handle a proper GT UCD very well. That's basically the main reason I'm going for 500+ cars. If there was no UCD confirmed, I would say 400 should be enough.

Why not? I don't see why every GTS car couldn't be realistically available as a used car. It's already unrealistic that many of the cars are available brand new in GT World, why not have them all available used?

Why not? I don't see why every GTS car couldn't be realistically available as a used car. It's already unrealistic that many of the cars are available brand new in GT World, why not have them all available used?
The used car dealer should be for discontinued models. The year doesn't matter.

Last edited:
The used car dealer should be for discontinued models. The year doesn't matter.

Why? In the real world you can buy pretty much anything used, you don't have to wait until a model is discontinued before you sell your car. Plenty of 2020 plate cars for sale with a few thousand miles on the clock.

Which brings up many questions about how PD will utilise the UCD this time.

If there's a marketplace, which we've never seen in this game, a large number of cars aren't needed.
In GT5 or GT6, we could gift friends a car. The GT7 UCD could include replicas players have made. Being this game requires an internet connection, having a marketplace like the Mileage Exchange, opens the UCD globally.

Depending on how many liveries players have made for one car, there are nearly infinite car choices.
Stock, customised, tuned, painted, stickers, etc.

Buying a 2020 GR Yaris, do the Time Trial or the Nations Race and sell it after, seem like what many players will do. Might be good for someone new to the game and see a GRY for 10k Cr. less, with only Daily Workout Gift mileage on the odometer.

Which brings up many questions about how PD will utilise the UCD this time.

If there's a marketplace, which we've never seen in this game, a large number of cars aren't needed.
In GT5 or GT6, we could gift friends a car. The GT7 UCD could include replicas players have made. Being this game requires an internet connection, having a marketplace like the Mileage Exchange, opens the UCD globally.

Depending on how many liveries players have made for one car, there are nearly infinite car choices.
Stock, customised, tuned, painted, stickers, etc.

Buying a 2020 GR Yaris, do the Time Trial or the Nations Race and sell it after, seem like what many players will do. Might be good for someone new to the game and see a GRY for 10k Cr. less, with only Daily Workout Gift mileage on the odometer.

I like this concept but might add that maybe they are thinking to utilise an idea in Forza and have it like an auction house style UCD.

So players could just sell a normal car and if another player bought it they would receive the game credits or if you wanted to make a rare custom car with parts and a special livery etc.

Would certainly be better than having no credits at all for daily mileage cars and since game economy is always a talking point would mean that players would keep the game's UCD afloat because there would always be stock coming and going.

Will be interesting to see how this actually turns out when the game is released.

Not to get too silly and this isn't a wish, but cars like the dirty Audi, Gr.4 Nurb Supra and Lewis Hamilton TT AMG VGT. Cars like those, could actually become limited models in the UCD. Maybe a car(livery) designed & built by Igor Fraga or Kaz himself, go on sale limited to the fist 1,000 buyers or limited to S/S players. Again, it's not a wish or saying I want those ideas. Just throwing it out here in the discussion.

Hopefully, game's UCD won't be a full online feature. We all know what is going to happen when the servers will be closed. Moreover, I don't want the UCD to be another argument to force online save only.

I just hope the UCD has certain cars in special colours that aren't in the manufacturer line-up and can only be obtained that way.

remember those days when the ucd was solely composed of standard cars in gt5?

and the lineup mechanic was ugh..

i mean you can't just buy anything you like immediately so you have to skip it somehow for different random standard cars to spawn until you see what you want to buy.

They promised a bigger variety of cars compared to Sport so considering they outsourcing, the budget, the number of employers and everything I think these numbers are fine. At very worst at least I hope 450 cars if everything goes at worst (at really worst, which I can still accept) and 600 at end of support. Can't see a full fledged revolutionary and complete Gran Turismo game (waited for so much 7-8 years by the fun) with less than 600 cars with every dlc and update on after years of hype by the fans. The game will sell regardless, but stil...

Considering the quantity is important for a campaign singleplayer GT game with used dealership, and that they promised an old style GT game, as well as the outsourcing, they're budget, and that they already have all the gt sport cars imported with not too much of a problem to GT7, then 500 cars should be the minimum if the game come out in April-June 2021 (in 4 years of development you don't need to be a genius to put at the very least 120-130 new cars and some other imported premium gt6 or gt sport beta models scrapped before release of sport) Of course, if we reach 750-1000 cars in 2025 (beating the crap of GT4 rooster) that would be amazing, and would be phenomenal! But I don't except that much altough it's possible. Please PD don't disappoint us.

FINGER CROSSED :cheers::cheers::cheers::gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Please PD don't screw it up again :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I would be happy with GT Sport level of graphics until 2030 or so lol. The cars simply look amazing and this is going to be more enhanced in GT7 obviously due to the much more powerful PS5 system.

And until 2030, GT7 could add pretty much 1000+ cars and a lot of tracks, even real world ones. Finally my dream of collecting all cars with extreme details... GT5 and GT6 killed that for me with the "standart" 600+ PS2 models mixed in with the, at the time, beautiful Premium models. It just didn't do it justice.

GT4 so far was the one that gave me such satisfaction. For the time of release 2004/2005 it had amongst the best graphics of it's time, and needless to say, all of it's cars were of the same highest quality. Was the only game where I collected every car. In GT5 I bought all Premiums and then bought about 600+ Karts for the 1.000 car Trophy (this was a painful grind... in fact, GT5 was a painful grind overall, terrible system in what was still a very good and fun/challenging game, getting to level 40 A-Spec... no my proudest trophy).

Last edited:
by 2030 GT8 willl be out and PS6 will already be there maybe approaching GT9 for PS6, while GT8 could be PS5 still as long as it don't release after 2026. By 2026 they can add many cars to GT7 to about 800+ cars or even 1,000 depending how they'll work on it and the budget and times to make new cars with outsourcing.... I hope 800-900 cars for Gran Turismo 7 at release of GT8 with so many tracks everything after ported to GT8 straitghaway and another 300 new cars so will be 1,100-1,300 cars for GT8 at launch and then add another dlc and patch reaching 1,500 cars count way more than GT6 and with less duplicates and pretty much a good number of cars of every type, genre, date, period, category, sport, road, formula, suv, hatchbacks, vintage etc. etc.

Maybe it's a dream, but I hope GT7 will be polished and the best GT ever made better than 4..... We really have to see

after finals we will see if something is boiling in the pot, if it's boiling at all... I don't wish to hear that GT7 is delayed for 2022 due to covid

confirmed
EmYfD8zW8AUT253

update ......... WTF ?

upload_2020-12-20_17-44-56.png

upload_2020-12-20_17-48-59.png

wow REPORT ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back