Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title

I didn't feel the reflections were bouncing off the cars as accurately as the photo models, over and above that .. the tracks had various LOD "problems" .. which I find weird given what was demo'd in the UE5 demo.
Car model detail will be down to LoD. Something devs often adjust dependent on how much overhead they have. GTS changed pre & post launch. Reflections, and specifically Ray Tracing, is something that can be implemented in an almost limitless amount of ways. Full Ray Tracing won’t be seen in a 4K/60 game.

LoD ‘problems’ are the kind of things that will be addressed. The UE5 demo was a 1440p/30 vertical slice. The GT7 trailer is in development footage put together in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. It would be far more worrying if we got a CGI trailer or even title screen.

Seeing so much footage was very encouraging to me. It shows PD have a near release ready PS5 engine 6-12 months before release. Maybe even 18 months if it’s a late ‘21 title. That’s a far cry from the mess GTS was in at it’s reveal.

Last edited:
I think that many people would be satisfied with some kind of demo or Prologue for console launch.

Something to do km's with and GT7 in title.

Seeing so much footage was very encouraging to me. It shows PD have a near release ready PS5 engine 6-12 months before release. Maybe even 18 months if it’s a late ‘21 title. That’s a far cry from the mess GTS was in at it’s reveal.

But, we already knew GT SPORT was running on a PS5, like a year ago. How did you figure the game is near release ready? We only saw the same mechanics as GT SPORT have. Same graphics, same physics, same audio, same AI. Is that near ready for you, really? How about all the other stuff GT7 is supposed to have?

Track, grass and rock texture quality in GT7 is not the same as GTS across the board. Of course there is some replication, with the same low quality, screenshot posted over and over again.

It become a bit pathetic to see that :lol:

Car model detail will be down to LoD. Something devs often adjust dependent on how much overhead they have. GTS changed pre & post launch. Reflections, and specifically Ray Tracing, is something that can be implemented in an almost limitless amount of ways. Full Ray Tracing won’t be seen in a 4K/60 game.

LoD ‘problems’ are the kind of things that will addressed. The UE5 demo was a 1440p/30 vertical slice. The GT7 trailer is in development footage put together in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. It would be far more worrying if we got a CGI trailer or even title screen.

i like your optimism... and I'll give PD the benefit if the doubt. But I must say.. saying in bold letters "Get ready for next gen.." and to see what we saw.. was a disappointment.

PD should have just released a trailer at a later time.
All the differences aside(LOD etc) , What we saw wasn't as big a difference as the PS5 hardware allows.

But, yeah.. I look foward to seeing more and dissecting it's improvements.

Well, if this is a launch title and people are still dissatisfied by the graphics by then, they can always patch it later to look prettier like they did with rain being added to Sport. Especially if they plan on it being the sole GT title on PS5 as with Sport.

But, we already knew GT SPORT was running on a PS5, like a year ago. How did you figure the game is near release ready? We only saw the same mechanics as GT SPORT have. Same graphics, same physics, sample audio, same AI. Is that near ready for you, really? How about all the other stuff GT7 is supposed to have?
We only know GTS was on a dev kit to demo DS5 features. Much like a version of Spider-Man was used to demo the SSD.

That’s a far cry from having your engine running at 4K/60, with Ray Tracing, and whatever else is going on under the hood. Likewise, we have no idea about AI, physics etc. These are refined and polished upto, and beyond, release.

A reveal trailer is the first part of the marketing cycle. With GT7 and R&C getting the biggest gameplay reveals and being prominently placed in the show. I think that tells it’s own story.

I don’t know what others are expecting of GT7. I’m expecting the GTS engine running in upgraded PS5 form. Potentially with dynamic lighting/weather, and a single-player campaign, very similar to GT4. The bulk of this work could’ve been started with an initial plan for a PS4 sequel. But most Sony 1st parties have been focused on PS5 for at least 2yrs.

I could be completely off the mark. But enough stars are aligning to suggest GT7 is a launch window title.

Rutter used Gran Turismo 7, one of the many upcoming PS5 games shown at the company's June 11 PS5 blowout, as one example of how exclusive games can make the most of PS5. "Gran Turismo 7 is going to benefit from almost every single technological enhancement that we have in PlayStation 5," he said. Rutter stressed that the 3D audio capabilities of the console, coupled with the tailored feedback of the DualSense controller, make for a uniquely engaging racing experience built on the PS5's feature kit.

Last edited:
I think the main problems are the textures and the trees. If they add better trees, especially better foliage, change some of the textures with better looking ones (grass, tunnel concrete etc.), solve the pop-in and improve the tunnel lighting, the game will look pretty good in the end. Let's hope they solve these issues until the launch.

I didn't feel the reflections were bouncing off the cars as accurately as the photo models, over and above that .. the tracks had various LOD "problems" .. which I find weird given what was demo'd in the UE5 demo.
You must bear in mind the UE5 demo wasn't true 4k and it was also running at 30fps, so sacrifices were very much made in that, just perhaps not in the same areas PD will make for GT7.

We will have to wait and see the final result anyway to see if more polish is added to GT7 or not. But at the same time I think a lot of people are selling GT7's graphics short, when you actually analyse what is being accomplished with the lighting etc. I find it's actually quite impressive what we're seeing.

Many people will be seeing it in varying degrees of quality based on internet connections, video compressions etc. as well so that's another consideration to make.

Last edited:
You clearly haven't seen the screenshots above

I really hope someone at PD will see this post
I clearly have seen the screenshots above. And tbh, @Vspectra makes a fair point in the post. I actually see where Vspectra is coming from.

However, we’ve only seen ONE trailer for GT7. I’m going to wait until the actual game releases before I judge it. Forza Horizon 4 is a fully released game with plenty of updates. Tbh Horizon 4 was impressive from the start. But again, we’ve literally seen one trailer for GT7 and you’re already moaning about the graphics. Just wait until it’s released. The GTSport graphics aren’t even bad, they’re gorgeous. Not saying you have to like it, each to our own we all have different opinions but come on man... yet to see you say at least one positive thing about the GT7 trailer considering how much you complain about it in almost every thread.

Edit: I’m sending you a direct message. No abuse, no fighting, just want a civil conversation with you about this.

Last edited:
More than 4M views for trailer :) !

I'm never tire of watching this trailer ! Return of Gran Turismo with gorgeous graphics, classic tracks and modes !

I'm not suprised if GT7 will release holiday 2020 or early 2021 ! I can't wait to play it !

We only know GTS was on a dev kit to demo DS5 features. Much like a version of Spider-Man was used to demo the SSD.

That’s a far cry from having your engine running at 4K/60, with Ray Tracing, and whatever else is going on under the hood. Likewise, we have no idea about AI, physics etc. These are refined and polished upto, and beyond, release.

A reveal trailer is the first part of the marketing cycle. With GT7 and R&C getting the biggest gameplay reveals and being prominently placed in the show. I think that tells it’s own story.

I don’t know what others are expecting of GT7. I’m expecting the GTS engine running in upgraded PS5 form. Potentially with dynamic lighting/weather, and a single-player campaign, very similar to GT4. The bulk of this work could’ve been started with an initial plan for a PS4 sequel. But most Sony 1st parties have been focused on PS5 for at least 2yrs.

I could be completely off the mark. But enough stars are aligning to suggest GT7 is a launch window title.
They had the game running on a PS5 system. It makes zero difference if it was a devkit or not, at the time there was no official PS5 anyway. We don’t know at what resolution, what fps. Also, we saw a raytracing GT-based tech-demo.

I can tell you what I was expecting. A freaking generational leap and, sorry, but this wasn’t it. They didn’t even bother to hide the fact that it was pretty much GTS. That being said, that’s not inherently a bad thing, GT6 was also very much GT5, with advanced physics, more content and some new visual effects, but that’s understandable as the games were released on the same platform. So I don’t see a problem with them using GTS as a jump point for GT7, but having the words “prepare for next gen” in the trailer is just laughable.

And again, I’m not hating on GT7 specifically. I am simply not amazed by what they showed so far in terms of gameplay and discussing it with people who claim it looks like a proper next-gen title, like you.

They had the game running on a PS5 system. It makes zero difference if it was a devkit or not, at the time there was no official PS5 anyway. We don’t know at what resolution, what fps. Also, we saw a raytracing GT-based tech-demo.

I can tell you what I was expecting. A freaking generational leap and, sorry, but this wasn’t it. They didn’t even bother to hide the fact that it was pretty much GTS. That being said, that’s not inherently a bad thing, GT6 was also very much GT5, with advanced physics, more content and some new visual effects, but that’s understandable as the games were released on the same platform. So I don’t see a problem with them using GTS as a jump point for GT7, but having the words “prepare for next gen” in the trailer is just laughable.

And again, I’m not hating on GT7 specifically. I am simply not amazed by what they showed so far in terms of gameplay and discussing it with people who claim it looks like a proper next-gen title, like you.
I mean we’re at the point in technological advancement in the game industry where graphically speaking, diminishing returns are becoming more common. Gran Turismo has always pushed the hardware of each PlayStation generation, and GT Sport has only pushed even harder, so there’s not much more they can do.

I mean we’re at the point in technological advancement in the game industry where graphically speaking, diminishing returns are becoming more common. Gran Turismo has always pushed the hardware of each PlayStation generation, and GT Sport has only pushed even harder, so there’s not much more they can do.
Precisely, people need to understand the polygon race is currently suspended, now it's all about speed of processing data and effects. Removing limitations that previousely existed rather than pumping out more polygons.

The problem is you look at a car model being made for a game now it takes several months to make, back on the PS1 a car in GT2 took two weeks to make. Just becuase the PS5 is more powerful than the PS4 the same car model will take the same time to make. So that means focusing on the sheer polygon race will mean games get much smaller in content but more expensive to produce. So features like Ray Tracing and more felxible level design due to fast loading times, higher resulutions at faster frame rates etc. are all much more attainable within a similar budget.

Therefore we aren't going to see significant increees in model detail, we weill see increases, higher LOD's beign used etc. but it's not going to be like the leap from PS3 to PS4 in that area.

For whatever technical reason we still don’t have a night version of the Le Mans track! And I’ve yet to see a graphically convincing night version in any game. Nordschlief in GTS gives us a hint of what’s possible. But I want night, plus rain, plus dynamic track conditions.

Add 24-30 car grids and that’s the kind of gen leap I’m looking for.

For whatever technical reason we still don’t have a night version of the Le Mans track! And I’ve yet to see a graphically convincing night version in any game. Nordschlief in GTS gives us a hint of what’s possible. But I want night, plus rain, plus dynamic track conditions.

Add 24-30 car grids and that’s the kind of gen leap I’m looking for.
Well if they showed stuff you just wrote, that would be a different story :) let’s keep our fingers crossed for all that in next trailers.

The GT Sport Brand Central car models have far, far more detail than the PS5 can handle. They will be scaled down LOD but hopefully twice the detail than the PS4 Pro versions of GT Sport used.

Regarding launch window.... why would Sony not say it was for 2020 if that was the plan? They did for the next Spiderman. I think we can expect 2021 and maybe late 2021 at that. I hope I am wrong but if you have a big launch gun, you declare it, don't you? Sony didn't with GT7. Gameplay with one track and car does not prove GT7 is ready to launch this year. It means they are making progress but I don't think it signals more than that.

The GT Sport Brand Central car models have far, far more detail than the PS5 can handle. They will be scaled down LOD but hopefully twice the detail than the PS4 Pro versions of GT Sport used.

Regarding launch window.... why would Sony not say it was for 2020 if that was the plan? They did for the next Spiderman. I think we can expect 2021 and maybe late 2021 at that. I hope I am wrong but if you have a big launch gun, you declare it, don't you? Sony didn't with GT7. Gameplay with one track and car does not prove GT7 is ready to launch this year. It means they are making progress but I don't think it signals more than that.
So the problem for GTS (and dunno if GT7 currently) graphics are about the environments?

So, how would players classify actual game play models? Do the in-game cars of GTS, look like the trailers from GT4-GT6? When will we see cars look exactly like the trailer models?

If only because Spidey Miles is more or less a game that reuses assets from the 2018 game. A standalone expansion, if you will.

Hmm, I think we should wait for whenever they feel like revealing the launch lineup for this thing. If GT7 doesn't show up there...

Between having a full time job and a life outside of gaming I guess I just dont play GTS enough. I bought GTS to race because it is a racing game and to me it looks extremely good while I am racing. If there is any improvement at all in graphics on the PS5 I will be more than pleased. What I am expecting from GT7 is improved single player, more cars, tracks, and features, if PD can gives all that along with improved graphics and maybe improved physics it will be a success to me.

You must bear in mind the UE5 demo wasn't true 4k and it was also running at 30fps, so sacrifices were very much made in that, just perhaps not in the same areas PD will make for GT7.

We will have to wait and see the final result anyway to see if more polish is added to GT7 or not. But at the same time I think a lot of people are selling GT7's graphics short, when you actually analyse what is being accomplished with the lighting etc. I find it's actually quite impressive what we're seeing.

Many people will be seeing it in varying degrees of quality based on internet connections, video compressions etc. as well so that's another consideration to make.

Then I saw her face....
now I'ma Believer!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back