Gran Turismo 7 to Host Olympic Esports Series 2023 Motor Sport Event

• Thread starter Famine
  • 66 comments
I got a silver and 2,000,000 Cr. for this event, but could not manage to break 1.18...

It's a bit surprising to me that the top of the leaderboard is so heavily dominated by well-known pro-drivers, but I guess that in order to get sub 1.15 times, you'd have to be playing this professionally/constantly. I saw Kylian Drumont say that his lap took 10 days... ouch.

Pity for Gallo to come 2nd globally, but miss out because #1 is also from Italy... now that's harsh!

I got a silver and 2,000,000 Cr. for this event, but could not manage to break 1.18...

It's a bit surprising to me that the top of the leaderboard is so heavily dominated by well-known pro-drivers, but I guess that in order to get sub 1.15 times, you'd have to be playing this professionally/constantly. I saw Kylian Drumont say that his lap took 10 days... ouch.

Pity for Gallo to come 2nd globally, but miss out because #1 is also from Italy... now that's harsh!
Not sure how you think their domination is surprising? Au contraire, much expected, I’d say.

Anyway, as you slightly touch upon, the qualifying format could definitely be debated, with Gallo in 2nd and Beauvois in 4th not actually making the competition, that’s pretty absurd to be frank.

It turns out, despite the whining from C/C drivers who would totally be in the top 10 if only they had a wheel, the best in the world are actually really, really good.

I suspect the IOC asked for the 1 driver per country requirement. A lot of Olympic sports have similar restrictions, and yes, they often mean that some of the best in the world don't make the finals. That's just sort of how a lot of big international competitions work.

but I guess that in order to get sub 1.15 times, you'd have to be playing this professionally/constantly. I saw Kylian Drumont say that his lap took 10 days... ouch.
I saw this post from one of the pro players, almost 11,000 km and they weren't one of those fast enough to qualify 🤯

I kind of want to say I'm surprised you didn't bother with this because I've seen how fast you are in Gr1 cars at Le Mans. But so am I and I couldn't be bothered either. I did have and usually do have plenty of time to put in the miles but the it all seems a bit ridiculous to me as was the FIA colab. Old Super GT meme FIA intro videos is how I see GT and any big colabs.
I did try in the end, I spent far too much time trying to get a gold that was always out of my reach. I would've done better if it was done like a real Olympic race, on a 400m oval 😂

Here's to hoping round 2 is the steeplechase!

Hello;
Did any of you run into an issue where the event never recorded your times? i drove and drove but my elapsed time never recorded, unlike all the other online GT TT's i have run in. super frustrating.

Hello;
Did any of you run into an issue where the event never recorded your times? i drove and drove but my elapsed time never recorded, unlike all the other online GT TT's i have run in. super frustrating.
Were they clean laps or did they show up in red? The track limits for the fake Olympics were a lot stricter than usual and you didn't get a time penalty for exceeding them, just a straight laptime deletion (the following lap too if it was at the hairpin or later).

I like the NASCAR style qualifying with one flying lap and each driver's lap being seen live.
I don't like that there has already been some kind of mechanical failure.

I love the Gr.4 1-hour mission at Deep Forest, but I don't think I have enough focus to drive 42 laps in the same track with a Gr.1 car. :lol:
I like the NASCAR style qualifying with one flying lap and each driver's lap being seen live.
I don't like that there has already been some kind of mechanical failure.
I wonder why it's happening so much in GT7. :guilty:
Hope this race goes well without any tech problems

Watched it all live. Funny about malfunctioning steering wheel during qualifying. Lucky that did not happen during the race.

Watching the sportsmanship in the race also made me realize why we have poor penalty system in the Sport. Kinda shocking how poor the overtakes were, and how lenient the stewards were.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the race. Really cheered for Inostroza but the start was just not the best. Didn't enjoy the bumping very much though!

What a comeback for Drumont to get the second best time after the most high pressure qualifying session. Moment of the race for me was on lap 35 when Inostroza, Carazza and Drumont all changed places in the twisty section. Also congrats to Will Murdoch, a new face to watch in future.

I should note that Kylian's lap time through the first sector on his 2nd try was only 1 thousandth slower. So, although it might have affected his mentality, the crash didn't really cost him any time.

I didn't catch the race live, because I thought I could always watch it in post.

The original video appears to have been made unavailable due to a copyright claim from voot. Shame.

Untitled.png

Back