Gran Turismo 7 Trophy Guide and Walkthrough

• Thread starter Famine
  • 58 comments
Hi guys,

I have a stupid question:

When I want to enter a race in Sport Mode, in order to get the two Sport Mode trophies, it says that I need PS Plus subscription which costs money. But when I read all the trophy guides on the internet, it says that one can do the races and get the two Sport Mode trophies for free!

Am I doing something wrong or is it correct that I have to pay for a PS Plus subscription, in order to get these two trophies?

Hi guys,

I have a stupid question:

When I want to enter a race in Sport Mode, in order to get the two Sport Mode trophies, it says that I need PS Plus subscription which costs money. But when I read all the trophy guides on the internet, it says that one can do the races and get the two Sport Mode trophies for free!

Am I doing something wrong or is it correct that I have to pay for a PS Plus subscription, in order to get these two trophies?

I know for a fact you need PlayStation Plus for most of the games to acces online gameplay. Not sure about Gran Turismo though.

Last edited:

Yes you need a PS Plus subscription to get them as it's needed to play online. Or you can wait until there is a free weekend (no plus required) which Sony seem to have every now and then.

:gtplanet::cheers:

All online multiplayer in all games on PlayStation* require a PS Plus subscription. It is, in fact, what the PS Plus subscription is for: access to online multiplayer.

*With the exception of some budget titles that have no Platinum trophy and some free-to-play games

Ok, thanks a lot for your quick replies. I'm not familiar with PS Plus because I never play online multiplayer ...

So that means I can't get the Platinum Trophy if I don't want to pay for a PS Plus subscription?! Man, that sucks ...

Ok, thanks a lot for your quick replies. I'm not familiar with PS Plus because I never play online multiplayer ...

So that means I can't get the Platinum Trophy if I don't want to pay for a PS Plus subscription?! Man, that sucks ...

You can also buy a 1 month subscription instead of a yearly. And it ends automatically.

Last edited:
You can also buy a 1 month subscription instead of a yearly. And it ends automatically.

I'm not familiar with PS Plus because I never play online multiplayer ...
There is a chance that you are still eligible for a free trial, so poke around on your console's PS Store and see if there is a free trial button.

There is a chance that you are still eligible for a free trial, so poke around on your console's PS Store and see if there is a free trial button.
Yes, indeed. Found this;

14-DAY TRIAL

PlayStation customers may experience PlayStation Plus benefits free of charge by selecting the 14-day trial.

At the end of your 14-day trial period, your PlayStation Plus subscription will automatically roll into a paid-for ongoing subscription with a recurring monthly subscription fee which will be taken automatically each month.

If you want to prevent this, you can cancel your subscription prior to the end of the 14-day trial period. You can continue to use the benefits for the full 14 days even if you cancel before that

Dirt 4 not ps +

1654527889287.png

I entered online 2 years ago 100% without a plus.
PlayStation runs free online play periods throughout the year:

That doesn't change the fact that PS Plus is required for online multiplayer in all "full" releases.

In-Depth Mastery - Finished 50 races in Sport Mode, This one hasn't unlocked for me So I was wondering if anybody else is having this issue? You can see that I completed The required number of races So I'm not sure what the issue is.!

Attachments

• SHARE_20220626_1057590 ink.jpeg
    SHARE_20220626_1057590 ink.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I haven't heard of that problem since whatever patch it was that originally fixed it, but running a few more races would be the first step.

Does anyone know why "Student of Motoring History" is not earned even though I finished all menu books?
And what is "Hidden Trophy"?
1857c0eb00b17-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
1857c0ed04170-screenshotUrl.jpg

Does anyone know why "Student of Motoring History" is not earned even though I finished all menu books?
This is strange, you should earn it as one of the first trophies.
The secret trophy is the "Finale" earned after completing all 39 menu books, so if you completed them all you should also unlock this one.
There were comments that Finale is glitched when you try to unlock second stack of GT7 trophies (when first played on ps5 and then the second stack on ps4 - or vice versa), but the glitch was reported to be removed in later patches.

You can't unlock both trophies connected with menu books so there is some problem there. Make sure you really cleared all of them, accepted prizes from them, try to complete some additional menu books. Maybe you'll unlock them eventually.

Last edited:
You can see the info for Hidden Trophies by clicking on them in the trophy list.

You can see the info for Hidden Trophies by clicking on them in the trophy list.
There is pretty much nothing to read?
PXL_20230104_134559646.jpg

This is strange, you should earn it as one of the first trophies.
The secret trophy is the "Finale" earned after completing all 39 menu books, so if you completed them all you should also unlock this one.
There were comments that Finale is glitched when you try to unlock second stack of GT7 trophies (when first played on ps5 and then the second stack on ps4 - or vice versa), but the glitch was reported to be removed in later patches.

You can't unlock both trophies connected with menu books so there is some problem there. Make sure you really cleared all of them, accepted prizes from them, try to complete some additional menu books. Maybe you'll unlock them eventually.
I am done with all of them long time ago.
1857d08a57f15-screenshotUrl.jpg
1857d08ebf51-screenshotUrl.jpg

There is pretty much nothing to read?
View attachment 1220560
Well it tells you the name of the trophy and what its for. That's the one you get when you finish the last of the original menu books and get the end credits. If it hasn't unlocked then something must have been missed or bugged with one of the earlier ones. I'd click through them and make sure all are showing as complete.

Well it tells you the name of the trophy and what its for. That's the one you get when you finish the last of the original menu books and get the end credits. If it hasn't unlocked then something must have been missed or bugged with one of the earlier ones. I'd click through them and make sure all are showing as complete.
I just did, through every single one. Nothing shows?

Do you watch all your collection ? (specialy the last one "Finale" ?)
Honestly I do not remember watching every single one all the way to the end. I can do that now but i do doubt that's the solution. What I understood, this trophy is earned after first menu, or am I wrong?
Did you do some on a PS4 and some on a PS5?
I did play from the beginning on PS4 and then I got PS5 after a month or two of playing on PS4? So what should I do now? I do remember that something wasn't really correct when I transferred game, maybe since I upgraded PS4 version to PS5?

I upgraded PS4 version to PS5?
Yep. The PS4 version and the PS5 upgrade version are treated as separate games even though they use the same save file.

What you can do that might fix it (I've not confirmed this myself, but others have reported it as working) is:
  • Sync trophies on PS5
  • Shut PS5 off (fully, not standby)
  • Boot PS4 up
  • Boot GT7 up on PS4; PS5-earned trophies should ping at this point
  • Sync PS4 trophies
  • Shut PS4 off
  • Boot PS5 up; PS4-earned trophies should now be reflected on PS5 status

Yep. The PS4 version and the PS5 upgrade version are treated as separate games even though they use the same save file.

What you can do that might fix it (I've not confirmed this myself, but others have reported it as working) is:

• Sync trophies on PS5
  • Boot PS4 up
  • Sync PS4 trophies
  • Shut PS4 off
Ah.. Thank you very much for your kind help, but I have sold my PS4 week after I got PS5.

Any solution without access to PS4?

• Sync trophies on PS5
  • Boot PS4 up
  • Sync PS4 trophies
  • Shut PS4 off
Two questions.
I do have PS4 version of the game on my PS5 console, and I can clearly see that I have both "Student of Motoring History" and "Finale" Trophies earned on PS4 version but not on PS5 version of GT7. So what you are suggesting, is something similar possible to do on only PS5 console?

And another question from less experienced, how to sync trophies?

Do you watch all your collection ? (specialy the last one "Finale" ?)
Yes I watched every single one from start to the end, now again to make sure if that was the problem, it's not, didn't earn any trophy by watching them again .

Glad I found this guide. I’ve been buying Le Mans winning cars for ages to try complete the “Three Legendary Cars” trophy. I just spent 15 mil on the McLaren F1 GRR from 1995 5 minutes ago & was dumbfounded as to why I still didn’t have it having already purchased 3 Group C cars 😂 Literally the last trophy I need before I get the platinum.

Last edited:
Back