Gran Turismo 7 Undocumented Changes Thread (1.71)

  • Thread starter Thread starter RACECAR
  • 85 comments
  • 16,339 views
Just noticed this while doing a few lobby races with practice in between.
I think this is new.

The mileage driven in practice in a lobby now gets added to the daily driving marathon! =)
 
Just noticed this while doing a few lobby races with practice in between.
I think this is new.

The mileage driven in practice in a lobby now gets added to the daily driving marathon! =)
I just spent an hour doing practice in a lobby and my daily workout is at 0.0 miles
 
I just spent an hour doing practice in a lobby and my daily workout is at 0.0 miles
Maybe it's the combi of doing pratice and than a race? I am doing 1-lap races atm, so we were practicing at Deep Forest for about 10 min and after the 1-lap race I got awarded 30+km. Far too much for the one lap race so I figured it must have been the practice before because I had not done any racing prior and the counter jumped from 0 km to 30 km. Try with the race.

Edit: I recorded a clip of it during my racing as a proof, I'll upload it later, when I am done racing =)
 
Last edited:
Maybe it's the combi of doing pratice and than a race? I am doing 1-lap races atm, so we were practicing at Deep Forest for about 10 min and after the 1-lap race I got awarded 30+km. Far too much for the one lap race so I figured it must have been the practice before because I had not done any racing prior and the counter jumped from 0 km to 30 km. Try with the race.

Edit: I recorded a clip of it during my racing as a proof, I'll upload it later, when I am done racing =)
Maybe. I didn't run any races, just practice laps.
 
Gearshifts seem to have changed, on controller manual shifting auto clutch, it revs up a bit during the gearshift, similar to how it was in Forza if I shifted without clutch
 
Hey everyone,

here's my proof that GT7 now adds practice mileage in a lobby to your daily mileage, but only if you do a race as well at the end of practice, because the mileage will only be added as part of the race rewards.

I've uploaded a video from some lobby racing I did today. The video is long, about 13 min, at the beginning I show my daily mileage (97 km), then I do about 5 practice laps around Brands Hatch GP, then we do a 1 lap race in the lobby and at the end of the race I get rewarded 28.5 km, much more than a single lap around that circuit. I timestamped the end of the race in this Youtube-Link so you can just see the end and what I am talking about:


Cheers
 
AI cornering ability in the Powerpack races has definitely been nerfed. They frequently turn in too soon and have to correct themselves, and often mount the inside kerb and gingerly brake and bumble their way around the corner. Maybe they learn on the fly and havn't been optimized for the new physics yet
 
Is this a new way of lifting lightweight cars in the pits that I hadn't noticed before? (Sawhorses vs. pistons)

The newly added Caterham Vs the A220 below :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20260824113549.webp


Gran Turismo™ 7_20260824121446.webp
 
Last edited:
Not sure if this counts as an undocumented change, but with the physics change ABS weak is a better choice than the ABS default. I've had a much better time modulating the brakes, and getting significantly faster lap times with ABS weak now.
 
Not sure if this counts as an undocumented change, but with the physics change ABS weak is a better choice than the ABS default. I've had a much better time modulating the brakes, and getting significantly faster lap times with ABS weak now.
However, the ‘weak’ ABS has actually been better than the standard ABS for some time now
 
However, the ‘weak’ ABS has actually been better than the standard ABS for some time now
Well, I don't know about that. I regularly test it and "better" is relative. I was definitely still faster on default although, I will grant that the feel of weak was a little better to me.

Now, it's faster. It's specifically faster by allowing more control of speed to the apex.
 
Is this a new way of lifting lightweight cars in the pits that I hadn't noticed before? (Sawhorses vs. pistons)

The newly added Caterham Vs the A220 below :

They've always been like that in GT7.
Basically road cars/race cars difference.

(I think all cars in GT Sport had a piston lifter, though)
 
Last edited:
Well, I don't know about that. I regularly test it and "better" is relative. I was definitely still faster on default although, I will grant that the feel of weak was a little better to me.

Now, it's faster. It's specifically faster by allowing more control of speed to the apex.
I don't think there's ever been a catch-all answer the the question of which is better.

As the years have gone on, I've learnt that every car favours one or the other.

Each individual will probably have their own opinions too.
 
I don't think there's ever been a catch-all answer the the question of which is better.

As the years have gone on, I've learnt that every car favours one or the other.

Each individual will probably have their own opinions too.
Fair, but I suggest trying the setting back to back with this new update.
 
One thing we noticed in our league race this week is that you now get the start logo and sfx come in qualifying when exiting the pits
 
I'm going to sound like a madman, but it seems they've been doing microscopic tweaks in the Livery Editor.

When selecting "Projection Range", the cursor's default position used to be at "Limit Angle". Now it defaults to "Projection Type". I only noticed this because it messed with my muscle memory.

Previously:

(No guarantees on no foul language used... it's Fossil Fueled.)
​


Also, when placing decals, we can now zoom the camera much closer to the car. However, this only applies when selecting "Front", "Rear", or "Roof" on the "Select Camera" screen before selecting the decal. I noticed that I was able to zoom the camera much further in as I almost always use max zoom when placing small decals. This effect is more pronounced the larger the car is.

Before v1.71:
Gran Turismo® 7_20260821043604.webp


1.71:
Gran Turismo® 7_20260821043624.webp

Interestingly, this trick can also work for decals placed on the sides of the car; simply choose Front, Rear, or Roof from Select Camera, then move the camera over to the side of the car before placing your decal.

Before v1.71:
Gran Turismo® 7_20260821042627.webp


1.71:
Gran Turismo® 7_20260821042634.webp
 
Oh boy my mileage graph is gonna go full stonks from now on
Nice! Yeah, I already profited from it as well =) However, remember, it only gets added if you do a race as well afaik, bc it will only be added in the race rewards.
 
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but they seem to have fixed the bug where custom liveries don't load properly into replays.

It hasn't happened since the update for me.
 
Discovered during Weekly Challenges run: Kylian Drumont's name in WTC700 at Spa (Elantra N's tie-in race) has been corrected (was "A. Drumont").
 
Last edited:
It's extremely likely that I'm just seeing things and have happened to come across lighting conditions that I've missed previously, but it feels like something has been done. Headlights giving more reflections on trackside corner markers, setting sun lighting billboards more than before, things like that. Maybe not an actual lighting change but glossier materials, or then simply nothing but I've noticed a lot of them after the update in place that have never caught my attention before.
 
It's extremely likely that I'm just seeing things and have happened to come across lighting conditions that I've missed previously, but it feels like something has been done. Headlights giving more reflections on trackside corner markers, setting sun lighting billboards more than before, things like that. Maybe not an actual lighting change but glossier materials, or then simply nothing but I've noticed a lot of them after the update in place that have never caught my attention before.
One thing I can say is GT7s HDR implementation has impressed me more than any other game. My TV only puts out a max of 800nits IIRC, but even still on some tracks when the sun moves into shot it legit makes me squint, moreso if i'm playing in a dimly lit room
 
Back