Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.15 is Now Available, Adds Suzuki Vision GT, New Cafe Menus, Races, Online Time Trials, Image Export & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 314 comments
please don't be disingenuous and make it a silly discussion about semantics of "promise" or these kind of specific things, you know what I mean by promised. by saying "gran turismo is back", and kaz saying something along the lines of how he noticed people were still enjoying the old games and how the intention was to rediscover the feeling of the old games. there are loads of other examples
TBH, I’m playing GT7 exactly like I played the old games. With the notable exception of GTS. That is competing in events, winning cars, earning credits, tuning cars. Testing & racing ‘em.

I didn’t do this in GTS as I couldn’t abide the slider tuning. I’m not bothered about a car having an additional 15bhp. I am interested in adding a sports exhaust and seeing how it changes the cars performance, sound, looks etc.

For me modifying and tuning cars is a huge part of GT. Making a car my own. The more comprehensive the better. Hopefully in the future we can modify interiors.

Dak0ta
i hope this finally helps people not to support games at launch

I’m an informed consumer and GT enthusiast. I read every bit of news regarding GT7 and am thoroughly enjoying the game. As are everyone of my friends. Well, I say everyone. One friend is continually complaining about the online. But is also online 8-12hrs a day as his GT focused channel is booming!😆

Given the hours some spend on GT Planet discussing GT7 (for good and for bad). I’m quickly coming to the conclusion that’s just how some people enjoy gaming. No different to following your favourite sports teams.

Last edited:
TBH, I’m playing GT7 exactly like I played the old games. With the notable exception of GTS. That is competing in events, winning cars, earning credits, tuning cars. Testing & racing ‘em.

I didn’t do this in GTS as I couldn’t abide the slider tuning. I’m not bothered about a car having an additional 15bhp. I am interested in adding a sports exhaust and seeing how it changes the cars performance, sound, looks etc.

For me modifying and tuning cars is a huge part of GT. Making a car my own. The more comprehensive the better. Hopefully in the future we can modify interiors.

Dak0ta
i hope this finally helps people not to support games at launch

I’m an informed consumer and GT enthusiast. I read every bit of news regarding GT7 and am thoroughly enjoying the game. As are everyone of my friends. Well, I say everyone. One friend is continually complaining about the online. But is also online 8-12hrs a day as his GT focused channel is booming!😆

Given the hours some spend on GT Planet discussing GT7 (for good and for bad). I’m quickly coming to the conclusion that’s just how some people enjoy gaming. No different to following your favourite sports teams.
I have played all Gran Turismo numbered games like GT5, and I hardly missed a day playing that game and the same goes for GT6. I played for hours & hours playing GT5 & GT6 back then with a lot of enjoyment, but GT7 comes along and I barley get an hour of play out of the game each day, before I stop playing. Before I stop playing I had the time to play GT7 all day if I wanted to but it does not feel right like a numbered game, and it's more like a GT Sport type game with a few things from previous past games.

GT7 is nowhere near as good as the last 2 numbered games and if GT7 was good, well I still be playing the game a lot more. There must be a reason why I am no paying GT7, but I have figure it out why because it's a poorly designed game.

This is very important below.
You should not get cars or tracks in future updates for GT7 from previous numbered games. Them cars or tracks from previous games should be there at the start of the game, and not slowly drip feeding them things over time.

So wake up people and think what PD is doing to us, by slowly drip feeding things from previous numbered games, that should have been in the game now, and not many many months down the track.

I think there are some new driver names. I noticed Pounder and Pinnell today. And Brooks.

I did a run at Tokyo Expressway in the Kei Cup. A bit excited with the nitro I dive bombed Lopez into the hairpin, then got double divebombed by Pinnelll. I love Kei cars. :D
The Kei cars are super fun for sure.

I think we are only getting 3 cars in the Holiday update this year I think. I bet every Gran Turismo 7 update wil have 3 cars each and almost 600 cars by the end of the life cycle.

In a Christmas update on Gran Turismo Sport in 2019, we got 7 cars: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-v153-update-arrives-next/.

I bet this is because the Gran Turismo 7 cars have higher quality than Gran Turismo Sport's cars.

We can call this "Gran Turismo Sport 2"

Last edited:
I think we are only getting 3 cars in the Holiday update this year I think. I bet every Gran Turismo 7 update wil have 3 cars each and almost 600 cars by the end of the life cycle.

In a Christmas update on Gran Turismo Sport in 2019, we got 7 cars: https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-v153-update-arrives-next/.

I bet this is because the Gran Turismo 7 cars have higher quality than Gran Turismo Sport's cars.

can you imagine? less cars than gran turismo 2

I'd say all between a minimum of 550 to a max of 650 cars is a reasonable expectation for GT7 at the end of the lifecycle. I'm not expecting anything less than 550 and anything more than 650 cars as a max realistic prediction. So it will probably get similar to GT2 car count, about 600 cars more or less... As far as quality and quantity ratio 600+ cars with the amazing detail and quality of GT7 engine would be more than satisfyng for me as long as they are well treated with the right depth

My thoughts

The problem with people not playing the game properly is this, I don’t even grab the tomahawk and grind whatever race was the one you could do. I just looked at what paid out the best I for me it’s some Ferrari challenge that pays out $105,000 for 10 minutes of racing. I’d like to run different cars on different tracks but my thinking is why? Why would I do this Porsche challenge for a little less money for the same amount of time? I’m sick of racing the Ferrari challenge now so I just resort to racing with friends online and earning very little money because I have a lot more fun than any challenges they have up.

Also let us sell cars already, can’t be that hard to add into the game considering I think a lot of this game is just a copy of previous gran turismo‘s. I wouldn’t doubt the code is pretty much sitting there they just have to unlock it, and I don’t doubt that’s all they did was lock it.

Some of the missions are ridiculously difficult. Some people may have an easy time with it but I bought the game to race a bunch of different cars, not grind on some circuit experience or mission for a couple hours and come out of it with hardly anything Or two hours later and get $1,000,000 credits.

And please for the love god let us make some changes within an online lobby room such as amount of laps, pp limit, tire limit, penalty limits. I don’t care if I can change the track if that can’t be done but it would be nice to be able to put some pp restrictions in place. More often than not we like to run a variety but when you run 450pp and one guy pops in with a formula 1, it’s like what the hell is the point of that? Race by yourself? Instant kick.

Also let us sell cars already, can’t be that hard to add into the game considering I think a lot of this game is just a copy of previous gran turismo‘s. I wouldn’t doubt the code is pretty much sitting there they just have to unlock it, and I don’t doubt that’s all they did was lock it.
Assuming they completely removed all code relating to selling cars, it's not exactly a hard task either! Cars have a set value in the game, this is known. Collector score increases, new engines, and new bodies are all based on this value.

Here's the very basics of what would be required:
  • Create a menu entry to provide the option of selling the car
  • Upon selecting that option, find the value of the car and divide it by some amount (probably 50%?)
  • Add that value to the player's balance
  • Delete the car

Deleting cars is already a working feature. Really, the only work left is adding some percentage of the value of the car to the player's balance when deleting it.

I know people excuse these missing features by saying game development is hard, and it absolutely is. But this is not a case where it's actually difficult at all. It's a feature that's been in most if not all Gran Turismo games up to this point. It's achieved with very simple math using numbers that already exist. They don't need to find new values. The hardest part they might run into is figuring out just the right amount to frustrate people with the percentage of the value that's given upon selling. Remember, their goal with this game is to sell MTX.

The reality is that Polyphony just don't want to add it. It's not a feature that takes 3 months to implement, one person could finish it in a few hours. They promised it would come eventually to get people to calm down after the initial income nerf and 30+ hour server outage. I have absolutely no doubt they hoped to just get away with removing it and never adding it back. Otherwise, why would it be missing on release, and why would it still be missing now? This is also the case with the quickly improved race rewards and the increased credit cap. They always wanted the rewards to be that low, and they always wanted the credit cap to sit at 20M. They were forced into changing these, and forced into promising a very easy feature that they will push as far as they can into the future.

Assuming they completely removed all code relating to selling cars, it's not exactly a hard task either! Cars have a set value in the game, this is known. Collector score increases, new engines, and new bodies are all based on this value.

Here's the very basics of what would be required:
  • Create a menu entry to provide the option of selling the car
  • Upon selecting that option, find the value of the car and divide it by some amount (probably 50%?)
  • Add that value to the player's balance
  • Delete the car

Deleting cars is already a working feature. Really, the only work left is adding some percentage of the value of the car to the player's balance when deleting it.

I know people excuse these missing features by saying game development is hard, and it absolutely is. But this is not a case where it's actually difficult at all. It's a feature that's been in most if not all Gran Turismo games up to this point. It's achieved with very simple math using numbers that already exist. They don't need to find new values. The hardest part they might run into is figuring out just the right amount to frustrate people with the percentage of the value that's given upon selling. Remember, their goal with this game is to sell MTX.

The reality is that Polyphony just don't want to add it. It's not a feature that takes 3 months to implement, one person could finish it in a few hours. They promised it would come eventually to get people to calm down after the initial income nerf and 30+ hour server outage. I have absolutely no doubt they hoped to just get away with removing it and never adding it back. Otherwise, why would it be missing on release, and why would it still be missing now? This is also the case with the quickly improved race rewards and the increased credit cap. They always wanted the rewards to be that low, and they always wanted the credit cap to sit at 20M. They were forced into changing these, and forced into promising a very easy feature that they will push as far as they can into the future.
Not disagreeing with you, but the Lewis Hamilton TT seemed like the test for the next MTX. They also got money from players buying cars in GTS. Maybe they thought it would work with GT7.

PD wanting us to collect and actually keep every car, is logical. However, the way to store cars is the pain. Again, we’ve been given all the tools, but the execution is bad. We can arrange cars when we click on the drop down options. The bad thing is, it doesn’t save/lock that format. We can create races and yet, can’t that race set up.

Sure, the MTX should be done away with, but they tried to mask the cost of the in-game cars with buying credits instead of the car. Had they stuck to the option of buying the car, instead of buying ”money“, it’d take some of the sting out of doing so. Anyway, it’s way beyond that and the damage been done.

Christmas is 6 months away. I would hope by then we’ll have at least another 18-20 cars. Plus at least two all new tracks. I also believe we’ll get a paid DLC. A game mode or Challenge separate from the core game.

I don’t think we’ll get paid tracks unless it’s something oddball like Pikes Peak, Goodwood Hillclimb or Top Gear Test Track.

Last edited:
CBH
I have played all Gran Turismo numbered games like GT5, and I hardly missed a day playing that game and the same goes for GT6. I played for hours & hours playing GT5 & GT6 back then with a lot of enjoyment, but GT7 comes along and I barley get an hour of play out of the game each day, before I stop playing. Before I stop playing I had the time to play GT7 all day if I wanted to but it does not feel right like a numbered game, and it's more like a GT Sport type game with a few things from previous past games.

GT7 is nowhere near as good as the last 2 numbered games and if GT7 was good, well I still be playing the game a lot more. There must be a reason why I am no paying GT7, but I have figure it out why because it's a poorly designed game.

This is very important below.
You should not get cars or tracks in future updates for GT7 from previous numbered games. Them cars or tracks from previous games should be there at the start of the game, and not slowly drip feeding them things over time.

So wake up people and think what PD is doing to us, by slowly drip feeding things from previous numbered games, that should have been in the game now, and not many many months down the track.
I watched some videos of GT6 the other day and... no. Just no. I felt unfunny things happening in my stomach.

From a technical standpoint I'd say GT6 is "primitive" next to GT7 and I'm being gentle.

Wasn’t going to buy this car, but watched the 2021 WEC at Spa and reread some of the info about GT3 are being used for next years season(as the GTE cars will be defunct). Bought the #7 for the Gr.1 races and there after, bought the #8.

Having fun making WEC races. I’m using a GT3 car, but it’s cool to have the faster cars whizz past.
20970468532610339 2.jpg

Back