Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.23 Now Available: Adds New Cars, Menu Books, Races, and Scapes

• Thread starter Famine
  • 805 comments
Kaz I'll give u 5 of my VGT's if u bring back the Dome Zero.
Dome Zero.jpg

Wish they add the EG6 in this game.
…and that Robles EG6 doesn’t count.

The EG6 takes me back to the first demos I saw of Gran Turismo. It was battling a C4 Corvette at Grand Valley. I couldn’t believe the graphics. The body lean in the corners. I mean, the EG6 was keeping up with the Vette and I couldn’t understand that was possible. Not at that time because, in the USA, we had the little 125hp Civic Si. I read about the UK CRX V-Tec in the early 1990s and Jackson Racing(USA) Honda CRXs were fast back then, but this was awesome to see. An icon we definitely need.

Tokyo 600 is cool, but what if we had Tokyo 500 or even Tokyo 450?

The S14 is a good addition to any 450-550pp, but taking it to Tokyo 600 would require about 390-400hp. At this point, it's another different car.

Every time I see Best MOTORing I think how nice would be if we had nice paying events for 450-550pp cars...
Thought we have Tokyo 450. I think it’s just FF though. Would be nice to take the S14(plus, any road car) and use it at every track in those ranges of performance points.

Can never say anything’s guaranteed. But alongside the other Pikes Peak cars release & leaked, a specific Pikes Peak designation in the garage, and various Pikes Peak images released alongside recent Suzuki’s. I’d be pretty amazed if the full Pikes Peak course isn’t one of the major updates planned. The tarmac version of course.

When it arrives is anyones guess. I’d also be interested to see how it’s utilised given it could, theoretically, be split up into different sections. Even used for small grid races or Touge events.

On a smaller scale. It would be nice to see the Goodwood Hillclimb return.
Good call. Keeping fingers crossed You’re right. Now… Will it be partially or fully paved?

Here before the "this update doesn't have my uncle's 1997 Chrysler Grand Voyager LX in it, not playing again Polyphony" comments.
Damn, your uncle had a nice ride,check out my uncle's ride from communist Romania!😀PS:He mostly had to push it around but still counts as a ride...I guess.

Attachments

• dacia-lastun_91297.jpg
    dacia-lastun_91297.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 14
Here to complain as usual- based on the past updates I put my bet on-

Still no sell cars

Still horrible online lobbies

Still broken pp system (ride height etc.)

Still same few "big payout races"

Still 1 new engine and part menu

Still 1 new scape

Still 3 cars, 2 no one wants-

Guarantee- 3 "new" cars.. almost guarantee 2-3 new engines, and a couple new chassis for existing engine list..

Bug fixes for minor issues like exhaust not showing when changed, but no fixes for the major "known issues" since release. Rant over

Which begs the question of what role the manufacturers play in the lack of modern real-world cars in GT7.
Most likely none. There's no reason for manufacturers to not want their newer cars, that are actually on sale, in a game. In the end, it's free publicity.

The lack of modern cars, is PD's choice, as I'm sure Nissan didn't force them to model the S14 over something else Nissan makes.

The real question is, why is PD only adding 3 cars per month, and why most of them are so lackluster in terms of appeal? If they are adding another Silvia, a VGT and a classless race car, atleast do it in an update with atleast 3 other cars.

I agree with some of these complaints (more events, car selling, drop the roulettes) because they are definitely doable in a short amount of time by PD, but the car/tracklist complains are insane. Do they know how long it takes to model even one of these cars?
I do have a complain as well. Why do they don't hire more people then. Maybe a change in leadership as well? If it takes so long to model a car, then it's not sustainable and needs to change.

I do have a complain as well. Why do they don't hire more people then. Maybe a change in leadership as well? If it takes so long to model a car, then it's not sustainable and needs to change.
Car modeling and selection is the least of the issue imo-
believe kaz just wants to sprinkle content over time to keep us playing, and be exicted for "whats to come" in his tomi-town' road map'...

There needs to be communication with the community about the issues. Hey Kaz, how bout,

"This week we are working on the pp issue" rather than dropping 3 silhouettes on twitter once a month..

We as a community want everything the game advertised, and and at least the quality of past titles or better. The anticipation of whats to come is the only reason alot of these players still log in..

Logging in for a daily this entire month has yeilded small gold and purchasable parts...meh

Most of the COMPLAINTS are more about the games overall instability and bugs that have been a plauge since release...

You expect a MUCH better product from polyphunky, and a AAA title game.

Mw2/cod are re making past titles, cmon kaz, just bring back gt 4/5!

It depends on whether PD considers 2001+ a hard line for Brand Central or not.
Most definitely yes... The ID.R actually isn't anywhere near as legendary (certainly doesn't have the feats) as some of the cars that are already being sold in Brand Central like the 3x Le Mans and WEC winner 919 Hybrid, same for the R18 Tdi.

So yeah, if it's a 2001+ car, it's going on Brand Central. All others go to UCD or LCD, now the way PD distinguish between these two is the real question... Considering a '70s BMW 3.0 CSL is "plain" enough to be in the UCD, or even a Testarossa and a 25th Anniversary Countach, and yet we have some American Muscle cars like the Camaro Z28 and the Challenger in the LCD, no disrepesct to these two cars, they IMO deserve to be in the LCD, but I don't see a trait in them that warrants them being in the LCD more than the other 3 cars I mentioned.

Last edited:
Most likely none. There's no reason for manufacturers to not want their newer cars, that are actually on sale, in a game. In the end, it's free publicity.

The lack of modern cars, is PD's choice, as I'm sure Nissan didn't force them to model the S14 over something else Nissan makes.

The real question is, why is PD only adding 3 cars per month, and why most of them are so lackluster in terms of appeal? If they are adding another Silvia, a VGT and a classless race car, atleast do it in an update with atleast 3 other cars.
Which, of course, explains why, for example, the post-launch Porsche Cayman is the previous generation from 2016, despite the current generation starting in 2017 and PD including 21 road cars from 2017 or later (including the electric Porsche, and a Nissan that wasn't released until months after GT7) at launch...and getting the current generation 86/BRZ in post-launch.

Last edited:
Back