Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
Did not get the CRB even though I never picked up a penalty or crashed. (Any ideas why that is?)
Just the mere touch of another car will kill it whether he hits you touches you or you just brush up next to him will kill the crb

The R8 is definitely set apart from its Italian sibling by having better downforce adjustments. Even has turbo kit upgrades which the Huracan doesn't (unless you opted for the Bugatti engine swap).

IMG_20240328_170732.jpg

*700 pp, Sports Soft tires, naturally-aspirated.

There is no question where the GT-One fits PP-wise. OK, I would like a distinct category that would only have Late 90s / Early 00s LeMans cars, but based on the categories we have at the moment the categorization of GT-One is consistent to GT7.
FM-not-8 does this, but sadly there is no singleplayer career to race these cars (or any of the racing cars).

2003Bentley#7 Team Bentley Speed 8Early LMP
1999BMW#15 BMW Motorsport V12 LMREarly LMP
1998Ferrari#12 Risi Competizione F333 SPEarly LMP
1999Nissan#23 NISMO Clarion R391Early LMP
1999Toyota#3 Toyota Motorsports GT-ONE TS020Early LMP

There is no question where the GT-One fits PP-wise. OK, I would like a distinct category that would only have Late 90s / Early 00s LeMans cars, but based on the categories we have at the moment the categorization of GT-One is consistent to GT7.
Yeah, the core problem is trying to fit so many cars into four groups, it's always going to cause issues like this one. It'd be best if the CLK, F1 GTR and GT-One were their own mini-group and didn't need to BoP against Class One cars (or BoP against Group C cars and hybrids, if you think they should be Gr.1 instead).

It'll never change though, because they need at least a wide, all-encompassing Gr.3 for Manufacturers Cup to be a thing, and the other groups just follow from that.

Yeah, the core problem is trying to fit so many cars into four groups, it's always going to cause issues like this one. It'd be best if the CLK, F1 GTR and GT-One were their own mini-group and didn't need to BoP against Class One cars (or BoP against Group C cars and hybrids, if you think they should be Gr.1 instead).

It'll never change though, because they need at least a wide, all-encompassing Gr.3 for Manufacturers Cup to be a thing, and the other groups just follow from that.
But when they set a race they can restrict the cars we can use. Let's have a proper gr2 race with the F1, GT-One and CLK, and another with gr2 Super GT cars (and balance the different eras of Super GT).

:lol: to those who said the Urus is the worst car ever. Some of your opinions are so comical. This was my first race with the car on hard difficulty and I made no adjustments to the Suspension, LSD, Downforce, or Gearbox. I could have gone full power on this race because there was no PP limit but I reduced power to have the car under 700pp.

18e848bc75446-screenshotUrl.jpg
18e848bf76654-screenshotUrl.jpg

R8 V10 Plus feels weird to drive bone stock it likes to slide around a lot being 4WD and I can't get aggressive with it at all unless in a straight.
Reminds me a lot of early Corvette but with twice the horsepower.
Like driving on Icy Road.
Urus to me was a surprise it weirdly drives better than R8 V10 Plus and more stable but still wants to bend out of shape and crash from time to time coming into the corner with a little too much braking.
GT-One is fun to do laps with but not too stable it still wants to bite a bit.

LMP900s and the Speed 8 LMGTP are absolutely going to be Gr.1 should they get added.

The way to think of it is "does this car have a road car version?". If not, it'll be in Gr.1. If it does, it'll be Gr.2.
Current Super GT500 cars are faster than LMP900s. I think they should belong to Gr.2. The old Super GT500 cars should be moved to Gr.3.

Last edited:
GTP 1.44 Preview Article
One new Extra Menu Book will be coming in the update, setting players with a collection task. This book will be themed around Jaguar, and from the preview image it looks like you’ll need to pick up three cars from the Legends Cars dealer.

Handily one is available right now if you need to prepare, with the Jaguar XJR-9 ’88 race car appearing in the dealer yesterday, alongside the E-Type and XJ220. It’s not clear what the reward for the book is, but given the high prices of these vehicles — the XJR-9 particularly — we hope it’s something valuable!
:D

So apologies if somone has already asled but if I do create liveries with the anime themed character decals that have been added in the update, will they remain if they decals are susbequently taken out of the creator in a future update as I am tempted to get back to livery making using this series as my theme.

So apologies if somone has already asled but if I do create liveries with the anime themed character decals that have been added in the update, will they remain if they decals are susbequently taken out of the creator in a future update as I am tempted to get back to livery making using this series as my theme.
I can't even begin to imagine the point of having decals that literally vanish from your car because some tie-in promo expired, so although I can't give a definite answer it seems unlikely that it will be the case.

FM-not-8 does this, but sadly there is no singleplayer career to race these cars (or any of the racing cars).

2003Bentley#7 Team Bentley Speed 8Early LMP
1999BMW#15 BMW Motorsport V12 LMREarly LMP
1998Ferrari#12 Risi Competizione F333 SPEarly LMP
1999Nissan#23 NISMO Clarion R391Early LMP
1999Toyota#3 Toyota Motorsports GT-ONE TS020Early LMP
There is no singleplayer CAREER mode race, but you can choose the class in custom race and have it set up anyway you want, with up to 4 class multiclass, including custom classes.

Been running GTX Sportcars Enduros quite a bit lately.

Last edited:
The engine swaps are a bit meh. They seem to be focussing on one manufacturer each update, hopefully they get around to Chevrolet and Ferrari eveventually
The lack of an LS option for basically everything is the first thing they should address lol.

The fact that every major Japanese car doesn't have an LS as an engine swap option sucks. It's simply how things work 🤣. Rotary, 4 cyl, inline 6 go yoink and God tier V8 go BRRRRRR

It's hard to make a comparison between late 90s cars and modern cars at La Sarthe because there have been many changes over the years, especially the 2002 changes which slowed the track down by several seconds, but yes, modern LMP2 cars are quicker than cars like the GT-One. But the Gt-One also put down much faster times at Fuji and La Sarthe than the 787B, 962C and XJR-9 (Fuji comparison only), so what group do those three go in?
Ideally they would go in "Gr.C"

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath for Ferrari engine swaps, sounds like the kind of thing they wouldn't agree to as a brand.
You can swap an Enzo engine into the holy grail of Ferrari - F40. So it seems like they are fine with that, probably as long as it's their own engines though.

Latest Posts

Back