Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
And back to our regularly scheduled program:

Pretty happy with the price of the GT-One and the reward for the Jag cafe. Already had the car but was able to sell it for ~3.4mil. Then was able to go to the LCD and not only buy the GT-One but also the 250GTO. Nabbing that Ferrari checks a big one off the list. Down to only four more legends cars to get, at only 73mil in value.

And, I still have ~3.7mil in the bank so I don't feel like I have to pinch pennies on other stuff in the meantime.

The Urus is just as fun as I thought it would be. It's basically a WRC hot hatch with a pituitary gland issue that caused it to gain a ton of muscle weight. It's strong, but it's dense. If you're aware of the weight and adjust your braking and turn-in points accordingly, this thing is a weapon, and it's so gentle too. It doesn't really want to do anything you don't want it to. With some tuning, tires and a diet the Urus will make for a very capable option in many classes, but here it is stock as the day it was born, beating up on every sports car around it at the 'Ring.

Last edited:
I think this was a small, but well conceived update.
  • the TS020 is a great addition
  • they fixed the payout of the Nur 600pp event, which was silly
  • they finally added a decent prototype event to Le Mans. Why was that so hard and didn't that happen 2 years ago :confused:
  • they gave us a really nice gift with the Jaguar menu book

I am genuinely pleased :cheers:

I think this was a small, but well conceived update.
  • the TS020 is a great addition
  • they fixed the payout of the Nur 600pp event, which was silly
  • they finally added a decent prototype event to Le Mans. Why was that so hard and didn't that happen 2 years ago :confused:
  • they gave us a really nice gift with the Jaguar menu book

I am genuinely pleased :cheers:
...and that about sums up this update!

Probably the best update to me personally so far, even though it's small they added a highly requested car along with 2 other decent ones; I haven't purchased or driven the Urus yet but just going off the reviews here i'll give it a go, also love how cheap the GT-ONE is, will purchase 3 more just incase they raise the price and also the timing is interesting that both the Escudo and Pennzoil R34 are available at the same time as the GT-ONE almost like a mini GT2/GT3 reunion. :cool:

For those complaining about the sound of the GT-ONE, the sound is actually almost on point with the actual 1999 car, it's the 1998 car that sounds better different. Looking at onboard videos of the GT-ONE at Le Mans classic it's almost a 1-to-1 though I think the exterior noise could've been more 'raw' if that makes sense.

That new R8 has some wild looking aero parts to add to it. Practically turns it into a GT car.
Pretty much with the A110 and AMG GT R to make the GT4 versions. I swear PD just figured to save licensing and give us the road cars to build all these cars ourselves. A work around for fuel economy are also engine swaps from race cars, but I’m sure the consensus from players are to give us at least racing fuel tanks.

Anyway, gotta add two more GT-One’s(one for WTC700 and one for WTC800) specifically for grinding. Thanks to the greater GT Community for the ‘98 & ‘99 GT-One race car liveries. Easy enough to do the road car versions. :) All done.
IMG_3864.jpeg

The Audi is... well, it's a thing.

I am very surprised at how poorly this thing handles its power. It's fun to drive, but not for reasons of being quick, more for "how does this thing want to be controlled"?

It is crazy on the brakes and lift-throttle. Always wanting to bring the rear around with any steering input at all. Any of us that have done the recent Dino TT will be familiar with this trait, but the Audi turns it up to 11. It's a very strange thing in that it is always wanting to come around on decel, then immediately transitions into horrendous understeer on throttle, so finding the balance it's comfortable with is tough. I haven't put as much time into trying to drive it smooth as I have chucking it in and gathering up the slide, which can be fun, but not fast.

This R8 will likely be much improved with some tuning, and I look forward to messing around with it to see if it can be as fast as I think it can be.

Last edited:
Why not using multiple settings sheets ?
Sure it take no time to switch a setting, but I just want to keep the cars separate. I understand the “six” versions of the race car are just the same three upgraded. I also don’t need to keep switching liveries by having several cars.
Also the fact my grind cars will have different compounds(the hard tyre) so I don’t have to use those for AI cars.

Last edited:
Any idea what are the other most requested cars? Think GT-One was number one on that list
Without any quantifiable evidence, I'd say the LFA was #1. GT-One way up there, though.

I think the EB110 is up there. Then the R390, Bentley Speed 8, and a few modern race cars - off the top of my head.
Oooohhh, the EB110 would be great!

Speaking of which, Bugatti needs a Gr3 car in this game so it can be used as a Manu. Two birds with one stone!

1711662437276.png

A vehicle "sucking" can be independent of it being fast. You dropped 1500 lb of weight, added 150 hp and used RH tires. And it's AWD. Doesn't get much easier to win with than that. You tuned the vehicle to the point where it shares almost nothing with an actual Urus. Apply those settings to the minivan or wagon and you'll get the same results. Strange argument.
I specifically was speaking to those calling it the "worst car ever." Not to anyone saying it sucks. I argue that plenty of cherished cars require far more tuning than the Urus did to make driveable, let alone competitive.

Current Super GT500 cars are faster than LMP900s. I think they should belong to Gr.2. The old Super GT500 cars should be moved to Gr.3.
There is precedent that group decisions are not based on pace, the Toyota LMH car is in group 1 but they're hardly faster than LMP2 cars.

Also the 90s GT500 cars are already in Group 3, and tbh in real life they were massively slower than modern GT3 cars.

Last edited:
Having followed the discussion between @chebuzdatel and @Famine, I think we can all agree on some things:
  • the placement of the Toyota GT-One '99 in Gr. 2 (as a lower class) compared to its possible placement in Gr. 1 is correct, indisputable. I gave a simple example a few hours ago; in my garage I have a Porsche 919 tuned roughly like a 963 LMDh, therefore with 1,048 kgs of weight x 600 hp (the engine tuning for the 919 in Gran Turismo 7 doesn't allow to have more power), so I'm talking about a car about 150 kgs heavier than the GT-One and with the same power, considering that its stock power of over 760 hp isn't realistic, perhaps that is the power of the unrestricted engine, but many specialized websites usually indicate a maximum power of around 600 hp for the GT-One '99. Well, at Le Mans with the Porsche I did 3:25.xxx and with the Toyota GT-One 3:39.xxx, we're talking about a 14 second difference, there's enough to talk about two different categories. And even if the comparison had been between the GT-One and completely stock Gr. 1 cars, it wouldn't have gone much differently: the LMP1-Hs have the hybrid advantage, the same goes for the only real HyperCar present (the Toyota GR010), which however is heavier, then there are LMP1s like the Peugeot 908 which, being turbodiesel with massive torque and in any case with 700 hp of power, go very fast. So, like already said, the GT-One couldn't go in Gr. 1;
  • having said that, whether the comparison with Mercedes CLK LM and McLaren F1 GTR is not on par is another matter, BUT it is a matter spoiled by a basic error (sorry chebuzdatel): the Toyota GT-One '99 is NOT a GT1, it is an LMGTP, and despite the aesthetic similarity it's simply another kind of beast. It's not just a question of engine power: there is more refined aerodynamics and a little less weight (24 kg to be exact) compared to the proper GT1 version, the '98 one. So, even by reducing the power to 600 hp the car would have more PP than the others two. To have a somewhat equal comparison you also need to add 24 kgs of ballast, and roughly replicate the '98 version. In fact, in this way the PPs drop to around 814;
  • the comparison with the GT500 makes no sense because, although Gran Turismo places them in Gr. 2 together with cars like the Toyota GT-One, this happens simply because the division into the various groups isn't done well and makes the groups themselves too messed up. There is no point in denying it, it's a problem that we have encountered in all groups and that PD should solve: we have a Gr. 1 in which modern prototypes, Gr. C cars, VGT Gr. 1 coexist; a Gr. 2 in which GT500s and prototypes from the late 90s coexist; a Gr. 3 in which the GT3s coexist together with the GT500s of the 90s, with a car capable of obtaining the overall victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans (the Ueno Clinic McLaren F1) and even with a Gr. 5 from the 80s; and finally a Gr. 4 which is truly a "mixed fry" of FF, FR, MR, AWD cars, proper GT4 cars, silhouette cars and TCR-like cars. It's a mess. The solution would be to divide the cars differently to have more balanced groups, but I fear that won't happen before GT8 (and maybe not even).
Forgive me for the very long message but I think that sometimes certain discussions are quite senseless because, beyond what happens in the game, real life is another matter. It makes no sense to compare a '99 LMGTP with a 2016 GT500. Unfortunately, the game has the various groups that are really badly organised, but we shouldn't be influenced by this. Where the game goes wrong, we must be able to recognize it and if possible correct it. It's also the reason why so many of us have appreciated custom races so much: because this way we can recreate more realistic racing, more similar to the real counterparts.

Last edited:
This is probably Gran Turismo acting on my feelings where I start caring about any car... but the Urus is kinda growing on me!

It's good to drive and fast. Not that ugly, too. Honestly, seeing the car in GT Auto... I actually quite like it. Too sad that the car is suffering from short-term memory:
iybJkjT.png

Back