Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
The Urus is amazing after weight reduction, I want more performance SUVs now! The gtone is definitely overpowered for gr 2, had to use the gr 1 Peugeot to catch it in 10 laps… maybe I’m just a slow driver :D
R8 looks great with the v shaped spoiler.
About to try the new engine swaps

Last edited:
I’m genuinely wondering, why did PD add a 2016 R8 and a 2018 Urus and not a more recent model year version (were available of course)? I’m guessing either license restrictions or maybe availability?

Without the inlet cover(and a power detune to 600 BHP) players can create the ‘98 spec car and road car.
.... aaaand a weight increase to 920kg. It is still not really a '98 spec car, but at least the numbers are correct and it looks kinda right.

.... aaaand a weight increase to 920kg. It is still not really a '98 spec car, but at least the numbers are correct and it looks kinda right.
924 kgs, to be precise (source Mulsanne Corner or another website like that, I don't remember correctly).

EDIT: source

Last edited:
924 kgs, to be precise (source Mulsanne Corner or another website like that, I don't remember correctly).

EDIT: source
Number 27 weighed in at 924kg, 28 and 29 at 920kgs

Link

EDIT: Also your source has its fuel capacity at 90 liters which is incorrect, for the 1998 version it was 100 liters and 90 liters for 1999

Last edited:
Plus, the way PD do their thing, we can only get your avatar by creatively using what we got.

Created a sub 7-minute Urus:

IMG_20240329_093113.jpg

686 pp, Sports Soft tires.

How about more cars that don’t have weight issues to begin with? Then you don’t have to spend credits on cutting off the extra layers of fat. I think the 2016 Audi R8 is 700 kg or so lighter from the get go.
Tell that to the manufacturers that are cramming SUVs down our throats. Once the backlog of the Chevrolet Camaro (which did get a 2024 model year designation and ended production at the end of December 2023), Dodge Charger/Challenger and Chrysler 300 (which did not get a 2024 model year designation) gets sold out, America's Big Three are offering, until Dodge gets the ICE-powered next-gen Charger going in 2025, four ICE-powered vehicles that are not SUVs, trucks or minivans.

Tell that to the manufacturers that are cramming SUVs down our throats. Once the backlog of the Chevrolet Camaro (which did get a 2024 model year designation and ended production at the end of December 2023), Dodge Charger/Challenger and Chrysler 300 (which did not get a 2024 model year designation) gets sold out, America's Big Three are offering, until Dodge gets the ICE-powered next-gen Charger going in 2025, four ICE-powered vehicles that are not SUVs, trucks or minivans.
Mustang, Corvette, Cadillac CT4 and CT5, right? Or were you counting the Caddies as 1 and I'm missing another?

Even removing the ICE-powered criterion only adds a couple. Beyond the Cadillac Celestiq (which is a $300k limited production halo car) I can't think of any. Does the Bolt count too? Are there any others? Of course expanding from the big 3 to all current US carmakers adds 2 Teslas and the Lucid but that still isn't a lot.

Last edited:
Mustang, Corvette, Cadillac CT4 and CT5, right? Or were you counting the Caddies as 1 and I'm missing another?

Even removing the ICE-powered criterion only adds a couple. Beyond the Cadillac Celestiq (which is a $300k limited production halo car) I can't think of any. Does the Bolt count too? Are there any others? Of course expanding from the big 3 to all current US carmakers adds 2 Teslas and the Lucid but that still isn't a lot.
You got it. The Bolt is no more (it died in December), neither the Celestiq (now slated to be a 2025 model) nor the electric version of the next-gen Charger (supposedly still planned to be a 2024 model, at least in 3-door variety) is in production yet, and the Ford electric vehicles are a SUV and a truck.

Last edited:
That new R8 has some wild looking aero parts to add to it. Practically turns it into a GT car.
Pretty much with the A110 and AMG GT R to make the GT4 versions. I swear PD just figured to save licensing and give us the road cars to build all these cars ourselves. A work around for fuel economy are also engine swaps from race cars, but I’m sure the consensus from players are to give us at least racing fuel tanks.
Yea , i just wish we had those custom hood options and race fuel tank upgrade :dopey:

Having followed the discussion between @chebuzdatel and @Famine, I think we can all agree on some things:
  • the placement of the Toyota GT-One '99 in Gr. 2 (as a lower class) compared to its possible placement in Gr. 1 is correct, indisputable. I gave a simple example a few hours ago; in my garage I have a Porsche 919 tuned roughly like a 963 LMDh, therefore with 1,048 kgs of weight x 600 hp (the engine tuning for the 919 in Gran Turismo 7 doesn't allow to have more power), so I'm talking about a car about 150 kgs heavier than the GT-One and with the same power, considering that its stock power of over 760 hp isn't realistic, perhaps that is the power of the unrestricted engine, but many specialized websites usually indicate a maximum power of around 600 hp for the GT-One '99. Well, at Le Mans with the Porsche I did 3:25.xxx and with the Toyota GT-One 3:39.xxx, we're talking about a 14 second difference, there's enough to talk about two different categories. And even if the comparison had been between the GT-One and completely stock Gr. 1 cars, it wouldn't have gone much differently: the LMP1-Hs have the hybrid advantage, the same goes for the only real HyperCar present (the Toyota GR010), which however is heavier, then there are LMP1s like the Peugeot 908 which, being turbodiesel with massive torque and in any case with 700 hp of power, go very fast. So, like already said, the GT-One couldn't go in Gr. 1;
  • having said that, whether the comparison with Mercedes CLK LM and McLaren F1 GTR is not on par is another matter, BUT it is a matter spoiled by a basic error (sorry chebuzdatel): the Toyota GT-One '99 is NOT a GT1, it is an LMGTP, and despite the aesthetic similarity it's simply another kind of beast. It's not just a question of engine power: there is more refined aerodynamics and a little less weight (24 kg to be exact) compared to the proper GT1 version, the '98 one. So, even by reducing the power to 600 hp the car would have more PP than the others two. To have a somewhat equal comparison you also need to add 24 kgs of ballast, and roughly replicate the '98 version. In fact, in this way the PPs drop to around 814;
  • the comparison with the GT500 makes no sense because, although Gran Turismo places them in Gr. 2 together with cars like the Toyota GT-One, this happens simply because the division into the various groups isn't done well and makes the groups themselves too messed up. There is no point in denying it, it's a problem that we have encountered in all groups and that PD should solve: we have a Gr. 1 in which modern prototypes, Gr. C cars, VGT Gr. 1 coexist; a Gr. 2 in which GT500s and prototypes from the late 90s coexist; a Gr. 3 in which the GT3s coexist together with the GT500s of the 90s, with a car capable of obtaining the overall victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans (the Ueno Clinic McLaren F1) and even with a Gr. 5 from the 80s; and finally a Gr. 4 which is truly a "mixed fry" of FF, FR, MR, AWD cars, proper GT4 cars, silhouette cars and TCR-like cars. It's a mess. The solution would be to divide the cars differently to have more balanced groups, but I fear that won't happen before GT8 (and maybe not even).
Forgive me for the very long message but I think that sometimes certain discussions are quite senseless because, beyond what happens in the game, real life is another matter. It makes no sense to compare a '99 LMGTP with a 2016 GT500. Unfortunately, the game has the various groups that are really badly organised, but we shouldn't be influenced by this. Where the game goes wrong, we must be able to recognize it and if possible correct it. It's also the reason why so many of us have appreciated custom races so much: because this way we can recreate more realistic racing, more similar to the real counterparts.
Don't forget about the DBR9 GT1 also being in Gr.3 along with the GT3 V10 Vantage, not to take away from your point. I just rule the classes down to gran turismo logic at this point.

Having followed the discussion between @chebuzdatel and @Famine, I think we can all agree on some things:
  • the placement of the Toyota GT-One '99 in Gr. 2 (as a lower class) compared to its possible placement in Gr. 1 is correct, indisputable. I gave a simple example a few hours ago; in my garage I have a Porsche 919 tuned roughly like a 963 LMDh, therefore with 1,048 kgs of weight x 600 hp (the engine tuning for the 919 in Gran Turismo 7 doesn't allow to have more power), so I'm talking about a car about 150 kgs heavier than the GT-One and with the same power, considering that its stock power of over 760 hp isn't realistic, perhaps that is the power of the unrestricted engine, but many specialized websites usually indicate a maximum power of around 600 hp for the GT-One '99. Well, at Le Mans with the Porsche I did 3:25.xxx and with the Toyota GT-One 3:39.xxx, we're talking about a 14 second difference, there's enough to talk about two different categories. And even if the comparison had been between the GT-One and completely stock Gr. 1 cars, it wouldn't have gone much differently: the LMP1-Hs have the hybrid advantage, the same goes for the only real HyperCar present (the Toyota GR010), which however is heavier, then there are LMP1s like the Peugeot 908 which, being turbodiesel with massive torque and in any case with 700 hp of power, go very fast. So, like already said, the GT-One couldn't go in Gr. 1;
  • having said that, whether the comparison with Mercedes CLK LM and McLaren F1 GTR is not on par is another matter, BUT it is a matter spoiled by a basic error (sorry chebuzdatel): the Toyota GT-One '99 is NOT a GT1, it is an LMGTP, and despite the aesthetic similarity it's simply another kind of beast. It's not just a question of engine power: there is more refined aerodynamics and a little less weight (24 kg to be exact) compared to the proper GT1 version, the '98 one. So, even by reducing the power to 600 hp the car would have more PP than the others two. To have a somewhat equal comparison you also need to add 24 kgs of ballast, and roughly replicate the '98 version. In fact, in this way the PPs drop to around 814;
  • the comparison with the GT500 makes no sense because, although Gran Turismo places them in Gr. 2 together with cars like the Toyota GT-One, this happens simply because the division into the various groups isn't done well and makes the groups themselves too messed up. There is no point in denying it, it's a problem that we have encountered in all groups and that PD should solve: we have a Gr. 1 in which modern prototypes, Gr. C cars, VGT Gr. 1 coexist; a Gr. 2 in which GT500s and prototypes from the late 90s coexist; a Gr. 3 in which the GT3s coexist together with the GT500s of the 90s, with a car capable of obtaining the overall victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans (the Ueno Clinic McLaren F1) and even with a Gr. 5 from the 80s; and finally a Gr. 4 which is truly a "mixed fry" of FF, FR, MR, AWD cars, proper GT4 cars, silhouette cars and TCR-like cars. It's a mess. The solution would be to divide the cars differently to have more balanced groups, but I fear that won't happen before GT8 (and maybe not even).
Forgive me for the very long message but I think that sometimes certain discussions are quite senseless because, beyond what happens in the game, real life is another matter. It makes no sense to compare a '99 LMGTP with a 2016 GT500. Unfortunately, the game has the various groups that are really badly organised, but we shouldn't be influenced by this. Where the game goes wrong, we must be able to recognize it and if possible correct it. It's also the reason why so many of us have appreciated custom races so much: because this way we can recreate more realistic racing, more similar to the real counterparts.
You're just saying what soo many people have said for years. It's about time PD did away with their 5 groups of race cars because they've outgrown their boots.

You're just saying what soo many people have said for years. It's about time PD did away with their 5 groups of race cars because they've outgrown their boots.
yea , i get why PD did it this way less groups less bop to do but it is not correct this way

imho easiest to fix it would be next game to introduce the proper subcategories like: Gr.1- GrC , Gr.2- GT500 and so on

Last edited:
yea , i get why PD did it this way less groups less bop to do but it is not correct this way

imho easiest to fix it would be next game to introduce the proper subcategories like: Gr.1- GrC , Gr.2- GT500 and so on
Sub categories are stupid, just place the cars in their rightful classes. If PD want to continue with their online events, they should mandate certain cars instead of a convoluted group.

Sub categories are stupid, just place the cars in their rightful classes. If PD want to continue with their online events, they should mandate certain cars instead of a convoluted group.
I don't get what makes them stupid(?) that subcategory places the cars in the proper category , you can't really expect they would go from 5 main classes into 50 classes in a Sport mode

Last edited:
I don't get what makes them stupid(?) that subcategory places the cars in the proper category , you can't really expect they would go from 5 main classes into 50 classes in a Sport mode
You're still going to have the same number of categories.

Last edited:
I was able to do a few quick races yesterday to get money for the GT-One, and it definitely feels like how I drove the car back in GT4 when I was younger :D btw, thank you to the guys that told me which races to grind on, I'll be doing that more often now :)

The Urus though was quite a surprise to me, how pleasant it drives. Good car to cruise around with friends / randoms in online lobbies

Haven't tried the R8 though, I suppose it's good aswell...good update nonetheless imo! (without a track, but still :))

i like to adress the big elephant in the room. i had 1.43 installed om ps4, now it downloading 45,591 GB 1.44 update. that seams a bit big.

i like to adress the big elephant in the room. i had 1.43 installed om ps4, now it downloading 45,591 GB 1.44 update. that seams a bit big.
I had the same thing, but if I remember correctly it went down to only a few gb's

Gt-One: stock 845 PP (from screenshot earlier in the thread)

Using Kudos Prime data:
  • Gr.2 stock max 851 PP
  • Gr.1 stock min >870 PP

There is no question where the GT-One fits PP-wise. OK, I would like a distinct category that would only have Late 90s / Early 00s LeMans cars, but based on the categories we have at the moment the categorization of GT-One is consistent to GT7.
:)

l05n1E7.png

So, originally, I only wanted to get a single GT-One, slap the #27 livery on it and call it a day. But then I took it to Fuji Speedway for the new time trial, and... damn, what a machine. The look, the sound. Probably the first time in almost 20 years that I had the chance to drive the GT-One with that particular livery again. I almost cried out of joy. Almost.

In the end, I got two more (that price is a steal), applied the #28 and #29 livery, and made a plan to have a mixed full grid of Le Mans cars - not just from the late 90s, but also from 2010-2012 (Audi/Peugeout/Toyota) and 2016-2018 (Audi/Porsche/Toyota). Let's see where this goes and if I ultimately get to do these custom races.

A dream custom race.:sly:

8 - F1 GTR
8 - TS020
4 - CLK '98
View attachment 1341143
bow-wow-tokyo-drift.gif

You guys didn't tell me PD had implemented multi class races! I did the new Le Mans races and the classic gt500 were also in the grid. And they didn't finish last.

You guys didn't tell me PD had implemented multi class races!
My understanding of multi class races is that multiple classes race at the same time on the same track (gt7 does this), that there are overall winners (gt7 does this) and that there are class winners (gt7 doesn't have this feature)

I’m genuinely wondering, why did PD add a 2016 R8 and a 2018 Urus and not a more recent model year version (were available of course)? I’m guessing either license restrictions or maybe availability?
The R8 I get but the Urus is still the same today as it was in 2018, only that there's now a Performante model. If they changed the model year in the game you'd be hard pressed to find a difference.

Last edited:
You are not entirely right, we need to compare technical characteristics either in the game or in real life, I start from the characteristics of cars in real life. So, in real life the performance of the GT-One you fear is not even close to the performance of the LMP1, I'll explain why..

1 - Firstly; According to estimates from specialized publications and resources such as "mulsannescorner" and "racecar-engineering", lmGTP and LMP cars of the late 90s and early 00s had an approximate aerodynamic ratio of 3/1, this indicates a downforce of about ~900kg and is logical that with the same regulations, these indicators were approximately similar for all participants, no matter GT-One or CLR or R391. Here's a short clip from the MC:
"In general, the cars of this era were pretty downforce-light to start, especially in Le Mans configuration. Looking at data for the open top Nissan R391 LMP900, this is a car with between 2000-2500 lbs of downforce at 200 mph.Intriguingly, according to Mercedes-Benz, in a post-warm up crash press release, attempting to reassure that their cars were viable for the race, indicated that the dive planes they would be using in the race added as much as 25% more front downforce. Assuming a 45/55 split, 2000 lbs total, 900 lbs front, 25% gains you 225 lbs of downforce and is certainly within reason. Rebalanced to 45/55, and you've added as much as 500 lbs to total downforce. But ultimately it goes back to one thing, how absolutely little aerodynamic downforce the cars that were racing during this era had."
And this with a weight of about 900 kg, and a power of about 600 hp, adjusted for the handling characteristics of the engine, from this we can easily conclude about the effectiveness of LMP-GTP of those years. This is the first.

2 - Second, the LMP1 cars I was talking about in my comparison were the 2014 R18 and 2011 R18 and Toyota GR010. The aerodynamic quality of LMP1 cars, and specifically the R18 MY11, according to the above-described specialist engineers RE and MC, was no less than in the ratio 5:1, this is an abyss compared to the GT-ONe, and this against the backdrop of similar power and weight, with better engine controllability in the R18 , a more advanced gearbox, etc., there’s nothing even to discuss here, the LMP1 prototype will simply destroy the TS020’s lap time, no matter whether it was ’98 or ’99 (after all, these are basically the same cars, just with different EoT tolerances). It makes no sense to compare the LMP1 prototypes of 2014 and later years with the TS020; this is the level of Renault Logan and AM Valkyrie.

3-Third, speaking about comparing the latest generation GT500 with LMP1 prototypes, just look at Sam Collins’s reviews on PE, it is clearly stated that class 1 GT500s go at the pace of private LMP1s of recent years, and sometimes even caught the time of factory LMP1 hybrids on one lap, and taking into account the above performance difference between the TS020 lmgtp and LMP1, I think there is no point in hoping that the TS020 will be faster than the modern Class1 GT500.Just for reference, modern GT500s generate more downforce than GT1-LMGTP prototypes, albeit with a little more air drag. According to manufacturers, a class 1 GT500 car has ~1200kg of downforce at a speed of 200kmh, the internal combustion engine power of modern GT500s is around ~700hp and this with a fuel consumption of 95kg/h, the GT500 uses purely racing engines with technologies equal to Formula 1 (SPCCI, TJI and etc.), and modification of the engine is allowed 2 times during the season, this is unthinkable for modern motorsport. The base weight of the GT500 without taking into account the “ballast of success” is equal to 1020 kg, combined with impressive downforce, advanced and powerful engines and tire wars, where tires are specially prepared not just for each specific racing team and track, these cars become very fast, and despite GTA's ongoing 3-year cycle of measures to reduce the speed of the GT500, these cars are still the fastest "sports cars" on the planet, including faster than the current LMH and LMDH, which, having an advantage in top speed, cannot beat the GT500 cars in lap time on the Fuji track with its huge straight, you can imagine what a difference it will be on a track like Suzuka where cornering speed is even more important than on Fuji... And yet the GT500 class 1 cars in GT7 are not next to LMP1 but next to CLK-LM and TS020, that's the whole paradox...

Took the GT-One to Le Mans 10 laps. I finished just 9 secs behind the other GT-One running 1st place. I really like the GT-One. It drives really well and passed other Gr.2 so easily. Its opponent is really just another one of itself.

Back