Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming July 28

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,359 comments
Still no sophy news 4 months after release, hopefully we'll be able to sell car after this update but not getting my hopes up either.

I'm super happy for the skyline R30, one of my favorite old jdm cars, but honestly we dont need more cars, we need more events and tracks...

This is mind blowing from PD honestly, I'm happy with new car, but the fact they dont realize this SINGLE player focused game need more events is just weird at this point. I wonder why they called Sports GTS now actually, because considering how GT7 is, GTS is definitely GT7 and this is GT8. Serisouly PD, hire a japanese student, give him a race generator and let him do events as his works. It shouldnt be that hard, it's the same as custom race basically. Just have to make them official races. Or I dont know, just up the pay of custom and mp events so we can get money on these instead of doing the same 3 races over and over.

Last edited:
These "pre-updates" about the updates are beyond stale. Specifically, the silhouettes. I mean, it feels like something that would have been done in the early years of social media. You can poop on this all you want but it's a fact. It's antiquated and quite frankly, borderline childish. Just give us the list of ALL the cars that are eventually coming!

Classic cars are fine, but what I really want is new Gr.3/4 race cars, to keep up with the real-world GT3/4 events.
I heard somewhere that ACC had exclusive licenses for the newer GT3/GT4 cars, meaning PD can't add them in just yet. I hope, if they do end up getting introduced, that they all arrive at once in a Spec II-style bundle, rather than being drip-fed over many months.

Edit: I guess I was wrong about the licenses. Seems PD has no excuse then.

Last edited:
The Gran Turismo 7 Patented Three-Car Update Formulaâ„¢:

Interesting racecar that deserves to be in the game but nothing comparable to race it against

One new or new-ish sportscar

Some super rare one of three examples ever made classic car that drives like a tug boat and is never featured in a single race

It shows more and more with every update, that they don't read people comments (or just don't care). They seem to have a pool of extra cars ready, which they probably pulled out of the finished game and just drip feed them to people over the months. 3 cars per month? Wow! They don't seem to be doing anything in the background at all. The game has not changed since the release. Economy is broken. There are hardly any events. Game has plenty of useless cars which we can't race anywhere. They don't add any real content. There is less and less to do in the game, as many people slowly going through all the content and there is nothing new added at all.

The game needs more races, events, championships. After that the game needs a lot of new road cars, so people can modify them, make liveries for them, race them and enjoy. What's the point adding fake VGT cars which you can't tune or modify in any way. I'm getting more and more annoyed with every update.

3 cars per update is not the best way, but the selection is really gold, 918 and R30 are glorious and requested cars frequently, i don't know about the Maserati because those old racing things cost a lot of Cr.

3 updates for the moment and Escudo, GR10, R30 silhouette, 918 and some GR3 cars for all those GR3lovers are nice aditions for sure, but...the problem is the not addition of more races with more cash to gain, La Sarthe with 700PP is fun but the same over and over again is really tedious.

The Maserati will probably be about 5 million on the LCD. The R30 will probably be between 1 to 2.5 million, the same as old JGTC cars.
The 918 Spyder, if it really is it, will be about the same as the La Ferrari, and will be an invitational car.

I am almost begging, to be able to sell cars.

That, and to have more variety in the events we can grid. Although in my case, if I can sell cars, I won't be bothered to grind for a long time, but a lot of people are definitely getting bored of doing the same 3 or 4 races every time...

A new 10 race championship that pays like 3 million per hour average. That would be a banger. Hopefully something other than Gr.4 or Gr.3 though... Really goddamn tired of those cars.

Last edited:
A new 10 race championship that pays like 3 million per hour average. That would be a banger. Hopefully something other than Gr.4 or Gr.3 though... Really goddamn tired of those cars.
Agree totally, If they would just flesh out the existing championships with more locations like they did in GTS I would be happy.

Please no more VGT bull**** cars....
They just need to start experimenting with other segments instead of just doing low slung supercars all the time. Surprised Kaz hasn't realized that most of the Visions have this same-ish quality to them now. Jaguar literally has 3 different versions of the same vision lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Update is free = people complains.

GTPlanet = people complains. ;)

edit: and leave poo emojis :D
PD - There are millions of people playing the game, but we're so car geeky we'll put in cars that appeal to a couple of thousand, because that shows we know our car history. ;) Oh, and we make it so most of the cars don't fit in a category, or have a similar rival to race against, because that will emphasize how special they are. :confused: :indiff: :rolleyes: Surely no one could argue with that, look at the detail and time we have taken to do it! And they are getting the free content we promised them for, er, free. :banghead:

I don't mind niche cars if they at least give two that are similar that can race each other.

It says something about GT7 compared GT Sport, that these monthly additions are met with mainly 'meh'. The small number of additions does not help either. Who knew GT Sport would be the DLC MVP!

But hey, it is free, and we shouldn't have anything negative to say, and just be thankful for what you have been given. Yes, OK then. :rolleyes:

The problem I have with theses updates, the content seems to be disjointed, three cars tossed out, that currently would have little use with the existing events,
are we going to get new historic events that payout hefty credits to offset there costs, personally I think they need more focus on modern road cars & current race cars.

PD needs to be creating plenty of events for historical cars

Other games when adding content have a theme, that helps to move the game forward.

The problem I have with theses updates, the content seems to be disjointed, three cars tossed out, that currently would have little use with the existing events,
are we going to get new historic events that payout hefty credits to offset there costs, personally I think they need more focus on modern road cars & current race cars.

PD needs to be creating plenty of events for historical cars

Other games when adding content have a theme, that helps to move the game forward.

You can adjust their pp to meet requirements for a lot for the better credit earning races, at least the Skyline silhouette & 918.

Fix multiplayer fix multiplayer fix multiplayer
We still cannot run leagues with how unstable rooms are, I don’t care about cars tracks untell I can race with my friends online like I was able too do in sport gt6 gt5

Sport races are stable so it’s possible to fix

La Ferrari, Huayra, Veyron, and now the 918 Spyder. 4 Hypercars to race each other (not counting the track days hyper cars)
Shouldn't be that hard to make a propper supercar championship. Add in other cars like the Carrera GT, Enzo, F1, Aventador LP750 SV, SLR McLaren to make for more variety in the grid and with cars that don't feel out of place.

With this Maseratti you will now have a pretty decent list of classical mid-tier race cars to race against each other as well, alongside the D-Type, DB3S, Spyder Type 550/1500 RS, XNR Ghia Roadster, 300 SL W194...

It should be a standart that when PD adds cars to the games, at the very least, they should add events where we can use them.

The R30 Skyline however I have no idea where it would go... But Gr.3 is probably the closest it can be. It's way too powerful to be Gr.4 and it's way too slow to be Gr.2 or above. But its aero is so radical... And it also has quite a lot of power to weight, IIRC this car was less than 1.000 Kgs, which is a lot less than any Gr.3 car and has a decent 550hp.

If it's Gr.3, then no need for events for it... As we have a crapton of it already.

Last edited:
Back