Gran Turismo 7 Update Coming September 1

• Thread starter Famine
  • 158 comments
Well as it is likely a bug fix update after the regular one last week, it will probably fix something they broke or did not implement well during that update. The Bathurst mission is the only one I am aware of.

Since update 1:19 my ps won’t recognise any discs?? :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
No, just another mission that they totally broke again.
But it's excellent now; it's a real test of tyre management unlike anything else - similar in principle to the fuel management missions in other sets, but on tyres.

It's entirely achievable. The only issue is the AI suck at driving on very worn tyres, but they suck at everything anyway.

If this update won't feature 100 cars, 10 tracks and a personal letter with apologies by Kaz in handwriting then I will break my GT7 disk and make a YouTube video about it with title all in caps.
Get ready to break it my friend, you won't receive what you want.

In the Sardegna WTC 800 race, RH tire wear and RM tire wear are rather close to identical. On a stock Subaru BRZ GT300 (other than tires, in the case of RMs), I can get 8 laps out of RM tires and barely 9 out of RH tires. Prior to 1.20, RMs would probably have lasted 9 laps (I needed fuel after 8) and RHs lasted all 15.

I hadn't noticed this closeness between RH and RM on either of the other two Meta Three races, though overall tire wear for both me and the AI has increased slightly.
On the Daytona Gr.1 race RM tyres are done on lap 5 on a tuned 787B (950pp). You can make the RH tyres go the full 10 laps. Although it’s touch and go.

With an 800pp 787B you can just about make RM tyres last the full race. Although, on balance, probably quicker to stop.

Yeah I like the idea of having too pit too fix damage. would need too be applied too the ai too :)
Yeah, only thing about that would be the fact that the AI are programmed to not make mistakes, so the chances of them pitting for damage would be highly unlikely.

Yeah, only thing about that would be the fact that the AI are programmed to not make mistakes, so the chances of them pitting for damage would be highly unlikely.
I don't think this is true, the AI get a lot of flak (rightly so) but they make mistakes quite often, they will misjudge their braking positions and go wide, spin when it rains, make contact with each other etc. In that regard, they feel somewhat human.

It's just the other 90% that sucks.

I don't think this is true, the AI get a lot of flak (rightly so) but they make mistakes quite often, they will misjudge their braking positions and go wide, spin when it rains, make contact with each other etc. In that regard, they feel somewhat human.

It's just the other 90% that sucks.
Ah Ive maybe missed out on this

You definitely have as I've experienced the same. They will make mistakes but just not as often as you would think / hope. That all goes out the window though when it rains hard IME. I have experienced many yellow flags as a result of AI spinning off, etc.

@Nebuc72 is also right in that they will occasionally misjudge their speed going into corners. I found this especially true when pressured or previously nudged as they tend to get more aggressive after contact. The also do a fair share of pushing each other around as mentioned. Can't count how many times I've seen smoke up ahead from scuffles, skidding, etc.

I wish it happened more often though.

Because they drive so slow to allow pretty much anyone to gain places. It's a shame they don't all try 100%.

What I find interesting is that there seems to be something akin to motivation built into them. I had a couple of custom race set ups with very fast cars at the back. If those cars managed to get past enough of the others, they kept their pace up and even drove from last to first (yes, I made them very fast). However, if they got bogged down, they'd hold station. Oddball behavioural choice if you ask me.

Maybe make damage on the car permanent, and force the driver to pit to fix damage for longer races?
I remember something like this in GT Sport FIA rounds but it didn't work,the drivers on the receiving end would go a whole lap with damage and lose time in pits,by that point their race was ruined

Hoping this update improves the 2 player split screen mode 🤞

Holy crap this. My kids like to play with me, and the split screen is so lacking. Would be sweet if there was a co-op split screen too where you could gain credits for split screen races.

I mentioned in the article that the phrasing varies from region to region, but I think that out of all of them it's the US version of the announcement that's the most different...

View attachment 1188739
My in game notice on the cover says 1 September and opening it it says "general bug fixes and game update maintenance" scheduled for 6 July 2022.

Back