Gran Turismo 7 Will Allow You to Import Liveries and Decals from GT Sport

• Thread starter Famine
  • 202 comments
Decals will most likely just stay in your collection.

My assumption as to how it works is that everything that is accessible from the public GT website is what will be ported over. Decals are uploaded on the page anyways and for liveries in a nutshell a bot will add all accessible ones to its collection and then gives editing access for them to you in GT7.

Last edited:

My assumption as to how it works is that everything that is accessible from the public GT website is what will be ported over. Decals are uploaded on the page anyways and for liveries in a nutshell a bot will add all accessible ones to its collection and then gives editing access for them to you in GT7.
Makes sense. Thanks!

That’s my assumption too. First job though will be to sort out all my decals!

As a decal creator/uploader I am glad to see we can port them over. But I wonder if the stats will carry over to GT7? I'd hate to lose all my comments and likes I've gathered on them.

Same thing goes for liveries too.
No comments or likes will carry over

4F052425-B2B0-45D1-8DC3-0ED2EB2821D1.jpeg

As a decal creator/uploader I am glad to see we can port them over. But I wonder if the stats will carry over to GT7? I'd hate to lose all my comments and likes I've gathered on them.

Same thing goes for liveries too.
Don't worry about what the other kids think. They're just kids.
Well I wouldn't say that necessarily. It certainly does skew the stuff that ends up on the trending page but likes to an extent do separate an actual well-done racing livery from a guy uploading the 999th gold chrome 911 RSR.

If there are no bonuses or achievements for likes on posts it'll only become better at separating those two extremes.
Both cases are just as relevant as the other is. Every liberty is as good as any other to someone.

I think this should be in the headline -

Share your GT Sport liveries now if you want them in GT7 !

Just went through and shared a dozen of mine that I hadn't previously bothered to; would have hated to lose them.
Not sure if serious. We’ve been informed that even after launch, if you make a livery in GTS, it’ll automatically transfer to GT7.

Awaiting to see how this actually works as I don't currently own any car in GT7 that I had a livery on in GTS. So I have no idea if anything I've made is currently available in GT7. When I go into the livery editor as it is now, I have no saved decals which I've previously used in GTS and I don't see any indication that anything I've done in GTS is moved over.

So I've logged in to GT7 hoping to see my GT sport decals ready to go. Sad to see I only had the last 100 decals available to me. (I have many hundreds more). I've now shared the 100 I can see so those are up and available but do we know if the rest will be available at some point? Hopefully they're just easing things in gently to prevent the servers being overwhelmed?

Somebody f'ed up at PD it seems, no private decals were brought over and you can only access your 100 most recently uploaded decals curently.

This feature of carrying over liveries from GT Sport at the moment seams to be a disaster, at the moment it's useless

Gran Turismo®SPORT-2.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7-2.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not showing anything available at all yet. Not sure if you have to own liveried cars first or what. Fortunately I'm not far enough along that it matters yet.

Came on here to see if I was the only one as my library is completely empty. I didn't make too many liveries, but I was proud of the ones I had made so it would have been nice to carry them across. I thought they were transferring them across a while ago when the message popped up in GTS.

I'm lost. The decals aren't originally mine. How do I go about transferring them to 7. I want the GTP decal. Also my DR and SR never updated...

Yup...

DON'T APPLY YOUR OLD LIVERIES IF YOU DON'T HAVE ALL THE DECALS IN GT7.

Just tried to apply a livery from GTS, I deleted a lot of the decals a long time ago, now the livery is absolutely wrecked.

I still have all my original decals to upload - but I do not want to have to re-upload everything before I apply a livery.

Huh, I shared one my liveries in GTS and it showed up just fine in GT7. Which is kinda weird because all the decals aren't mine, but they do show up when I go to adjust the livery in GT7. Which is even more weird because I'd like the option to save those decals to my collection if they DO indeed show up in GT7.

Huh, I shared one my liveries in GTS and it showed up just fine in GT7. Which is kinda weird because all the decals aren't mine, but they do show up when I go to adjust the livery in GT7. Which is even more weird because I'd like the option to save those decals to my collection if they DO indeed show up in GT7.
If the decals you used happened to be the ones that got carried over on the creators accounts, you shouldn't get any problems...

Unfortunately...

This is the kind of mess you get if the decals aren't available.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220306171752.jpg

Instead of this...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20220306172133.jpg

I'm not sure if it's permanently lost know I applied it.

Last edited:
@Famine @Jordan

I wonder if it's worth putting something on the front page. I know some glitches with the decals are listed in the games 'Known Issues', but at the moment if there's a risk people might loose livery designs that they import permanently it might be better to warn them not to apply stuff in case it is irrecoverable.

Last edited:
Can someone help me out I'm trying to design some Ohio State buckeye styles and can't find the decals that I had on GT sport if one of you find decal uploaders could upload me a variety of Ohio State buckeye University decals I would greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately I don't have the means to do so myself or I would already I'm just relying on what has already been uploaded any help on this would be great happy racing

Begs the question how long GT sport will remain online for. My guess is 6 months, but who knows.
Think its safe to say, more then 6 months. Still no actual date of the GT Sport servers going down though, which at least still leaves me time to go for my first ever Platinum Trophy (Only 17 Poles and 20 more wins to go).

Think its safe to say, more then 6 months. Still no actual date of the GT Sport servers going down though, which at least still leaves me time to go for my first ever Platinum Trophy (Only 17 Poles and 20 more wins to go).

If you want to smash it out quickly just in case I suggest quitting races you won't win so you will lose DR and get paired with slower people for next slot or otherwise do a few races late night/ early morning

If you want to smash it out quickly just in case I suggest quitting races you won't win so you will lose DR and get paired with slower people for next slot or otherwise do a few races late night/ early morning
That's been my main strategy. At times, it worked so well that either only 1 other person shows up or no one else does. I think I found the perfect combo to likely finish it off in Race C: Gr.3 at Spa in the wet. Considering how little wet races I see people do (if ever), I feel like this will likely be the best time to crank out those final few wins this month.

Last edited:
DIFFICULT is all I can say. Many thanks to ya'll who made decals and liveries. It looks deceptively easy...but it takes time and patience.

Back