Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7’s New Deep Forest Layout Revealed in 4K Cockpit Video

A day after confirming what we all expected — Deep Forest Raceway is returning to the Gran Turismo series in GT7 — Polyphony Digital has shown off a 4K cockpit video of the new track, revealing the changes to the circuit...

Very disappointed with the changes to the final sector. One of the best parts of the original circuit with an amazing final corner and it's all gone! I am intrigued by the new last few corners but not a fan of the hairpin at this stage. I'm not against the new layout, I'm just sad it has come at the cost of the original. It also doesn't look like they have designed it as though you could use the old layout as an option either, it's just gone.

The changes to the front straight are interesting and look good in terms of elevation change. The wall being backed off the track on the now tighter corner onto the back straight is probably more realistic but also a little neutered compared to the original. It doesn't feel deep foresty though, with the trees being opened up in the middle sector and letting a lot of light through...not sure, it may grow on me. Excitement dampened for now.

Last edited:
Here, have a thing:

1638653059550.png

I think it’ll have a better feel with race cars. Anything from a Capuccino race version to LMP.
Reliving the Alfa 155 versus a CLK DTM might be a bit more exciting than using road cars.

edit: Any chance World Tour drivers helped with testing these layouts?

Last edited:
Very disappointed with the changes to the final sector. One of the best parts of the original circuit with an amazing final corner and it's all gone! I am intrigued by the new last few corners but not a fan of the hairpin at this stage. I'm not against the new layout, I'm just sad it has come at the cost of the original. It also doesn't look like they have designed it as though you could use the old layout as an option either, it's just gone.

The changes to the front straight are interesting and look good in terms of elevation change. The wall being backed off the track on the now tighter corner onto the back straight is probably more realistic but also a little neutered compared to the original. It doesn't feel deep foresty though, with the trees being opened up in the middle sector and letting a lot of light through...not sure, it may grow on me. Excitement dampened for now.
Agreed about the final sector. I used to love watching people drop a wheel onto the dirt on the final turn, have a big slide and end up in pit lane. Good times :sly:

Looks like a good way to make it a better racing circuit, while the last corner change is a bit of a shame, I prefer the hairpin to the fast left at the end of the tunnel section.

I probably missed this point in previous news, but is the shaking cockpit camera a real thing ? Or is this a "simulation"/post production for the promotional video ? It looks really great, would be cool if that's the real in game camera.
Well, this was a 100% gameplay trailer, not CG or mixed like the other promotional videos, so I expect this shaking camera to be used in GT7. But PD works in misterious ways, so who knows...

In GT Sport demo we could rotate the external camera, but in the final game we can't.

Why would you Tilke-fy a fictional circuit?
How is it "Tilke-fy"? I don't see any artificial elevation changes, or an attempt to mirror one of many iconic historical tracks, or unnecessary off and on camber corners, or a chicane...

So where exactly are you getting that idea from. Or is that something people say when any track they like is changed or updated?

Why would you Tilke-fy a fictional circuit?
Exactly. The original Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Autumn Ring etc were a unique mix between normal roads and a tiny race track embeded in nature. They had character. And by the way, if you ask me, they all were located in Japan, not North America ( Monkey sitting on tree in Trial Mountain, can't be in the US). Now every track was modified to a generic race track with too many auditoriums, too wide etc. I mean, better than nothing, but I would prefer them to be as close as possible to the original. Sure, that would limit the amount of cars on track, but if you want to race against 15 GT3 class cars, go to Fuji Speedway... Just my opinion....

I mean look at it, sure, the layout is similiar, but the vibe is totally destroyed or "changed/updated"

Last edited:
Well, this was a 100% gameplay trailer, not CG or mixed like the other promotional videos, so I expect this shaking camera to be used in GT7. But PD works in misterious ways, so who knows...

In GT Sport demo we could rotate the external camera, but in the final game we can't.
That was because players had issues with the stiff camera being 100% glued to the rear bumper. So they added options to adjust the behaviour of the chase cam at the expense of the player-controlled movement.

Back