Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 183 comments
Imagine responding to an article (that has said explanation) with THAT question.

As I understand it, there's an upcoming event for expensive watches. Jacky Ickx and watchmaker Chopard took said event as motivation to organize a small get-together beforehand on which a wrist watch designed in collaboration was presented. The watch carries colors and design choices Ickx had throughout his racing career. This new Genesis VGT design, presented for the same event, in turn is a nod to Ickx' career and the watch by adapting the same colors/design choices.

It's a bit convoluted. In the end, I guess that using a world famous name from racing surely helps sales and publicity for products geared (har har) towards men.

Last edited:
As I understand it, there's an upcoming event for expensive watches. Jacky Ickx and watchmaker Chopard took said event as motivation to organize a small get-together beforehand on which a wrist watch designed in collaboration was presented. The watch carries colors and design choices Ickx had throughout his racing career. This new Genesis VGT design, presented for the same event, in turn is a nod to Ickx' career and the watch by adapting the same colors/design choices.

It's a bit convoluted. In the end, I guess that using a world famous name from racing surely helps sales and publicity for products geared (har har) towards men.
And Jacky Ickx is a Genesis brand ambassador.

And Jacky Ickx is a Genesis brand ambassador.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

🤣

Back