Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 183 comments
I'm a rare VGT... well, not fan or lover, I dunno if the word ''Liker'' exists but that's where I'd stand... Unless it's a Copen VGT. :lol:

I think it looks amazing personally.
Even amazinger in person.
And if you don't watch the stream, When can you get access to it?
You don't actually need to watch the stream, as previously noted. Just click the button and you can back out immediately; it changes to "Entry Submitted" right away!

That's a good angle!
GENESIS.png

And at the very end of the Genesis video it looks like we're going to have a racing version. (sorry if this has already been pointed out before).

GENESISGT#.png

Hell yeah, looks Gr1 eligible to me!
Honestly if they're putting it anywhere I'd rather them put it in Gr.2, that class needs more cars or something interesting added to it since nothing's really been done since launch besides the Audi.

It looks like it could fit too, too low and long for Gr.3 but not quite a prototype either like in Gr.1, but I guess the Bugatti, Audi, Peugeot VGTs would like a word with me lol.

Honestly if they're putting it anywhere I'd rather them put it in Gr.2, that class needs more cars or something interesting added to it since nothing's really been done since launch besides the Audi.

It looks like it could fit too, too low and long for Gr.3 but not quite a prototype either like in Gr.1, but I guess the Bugatti, Audi, Peugeot VGTs would like a word with me lol.
Bugatti's Gr1 car was originally planned for Gr3 back in GTsport's demo at events!

Last edited:

At least the Peugeot is just a Quirky French Panoz in terms of its shape. The Audi is just strange and I have no idea why the Bugatti even has a variant for any group because even looking at its potential GR.3 form, it just doesn't fit to me.

At least the Peugeot is just a Quirky French Panoz in terms of its shape. The Audi is just strange and I have no idea why the Bugatti even has a variant for any group because even looking at its potential GR.3 form, it just doesn't fit to me.
Back in Sport I was hoping the Audi would be added to Gr.2 when it was announced, and it would have been cool back then to have all the DTM skins for it and stuff people make. But in 7 they added the real thing so I guess I can't complain too much lol, now it's just we have an Audi that looks like it doesn't belong in Gr.1 when they already have two R18s.

I'll agree, out of those three cars the Peugeot probably fits the best in Gr.1 with its huge pikes-peak style wings.

And ironically the Bugatti VGT Gr1 has the best tyre life in the class...but only average fuel economy haha and dreadful speed. Arguably one of the slowest Gr1 cars in the whole class...

The Peugeot I've recently come to really like actually since the recent physics update in march

Last edited:
And if you don't watch the stream, When can you get access to it?
If it wasn't clear to everyone. You have until Dec. 10th to watch it. You also don't need to watch the whole thing to get your entry. You just need to watch some of it.

It looks really nice but does anyone else think it's a bit weird to have a timed reward and hype builder for a car that won't even be in the game for at least 4 weeks, presumably 7 weeks if they release it at the end of the month like usual?

Like, it's cool. But I don't think I'll care in essentially 2 months? It just kind of makes it fall flat on its face.
The only way I would be letdown is if it doesn't have a cockpit view. I did not see a cockpit in that video so it does worry me a bit.

The only way I would be letdown is if it doesn't have a cockpit view. I did not see a cockpit in that video so it does worry me a bit.
Fairly sure it will do, they made specific mention of the interior design in the interivew/reveal.

Fairly sure it will do, they made specific mention of the interior design in the interivew/reveal.
Aww nevermind. I see the photo of it in the in-game announcement. I will edit this post in a second with the photo.
genesis_13.jpg
Snapinsta.app_407362487_18370928581079194_7693034882283985833_n_1080.jpg

I'm a rare VGT... well, not fan or lover, I dunno if the word ''Liker'' exists but that's where I'd stand... Unless it's a Copen VGT. :lol:
I guess being a VGT fan would qualify as a guilty pleasure. I'm in that boat. Things might be different if I didn't play almost exclusively in VR with a haptic vest. The only thing that stops me from being a VGT Superfan is that too many of them don't have a cockpit view.

Last edited:
People often call these VGTs "spaceships" but most don't look much crazier nor have much crazier specs than the real supercars, hypercars, LMP, etc. coming out these days.

Beautiful car btw. At least ballast and power restrictors exist to make it usable sometimes (if you can find a lobby where VGTs aren't banned).

I am in awe of the monumental feat that Kazunori Yamauchi has accomplished with this game and Vision GT. When he first dreamed of and pitched making Gran Turismo in the 90s, video games were considered a child's toy, and adults who played them were looked at as immature or losers. Flash forward to today and sim racing is its own industry and this game helped develop real racers and real racecars. I counted 8 VisionGT cars that were on stage and viewable in person today in Barcelona. His vision has helped shape the automotive industry for years to come. An absolute legend to the entire gaming industry.

A couple of years ago I would have told you that I don't care much about cars and never thought I would ever own a Sportscar or Supercar. Visualization is a powerful tool. With PSVR2 and Gran Turismo being such a big part of my life now, I am now confident I will own a Supercar.

EDIT: There were 10 VGT cars on display in Barcelona today. According to Kazunori.

Last edited:
If it wasn't clear to everyone. You have until Dec. 10th to watch it. You also don't need to watch the whole thing to get your entry. You just need to watch some of it.
Ah thought we might of got it earlier watching the stream, So just free in the update if you watch stream :)

Last edited:
Also I see the ingame thumbnail of the car looks quite different from the reveal shots with the body colored canopy.

Easily turned into one of my favorite VGTs, design-wise.

Now I am curious how it performs ingame, knowing the specs.

A little tease at the end of the video suggesting a Gr.3 variant, which I am also eager to drive because the current Genesis X Gr.3 looks horrendous to me.

Easily turned into one of my favorite VGTs, design-wise.

Now I am curious how it performs ingame, knowing the specs.

A little tease at the end of the video suggesting a Gr.3 variant, which I am also eager to drive because the current Genesis X Gr.3 looks horrendous to me.
Here is the point in the video today where the full interview with the senior designer talks about it. If you can decipher anything from that.

Last edited:
Aww nevermind. I see the photo of it in the in-game announcement. I will edit this post in a second with the photo.View attachment 1308620View attachment 1308621

I guess being a VGT fan would qualify as a guilty pleasure. I'm in that boat. Things might be different if I didn't play almost exclusively in VR with a haptic vest. The only thing that stops me from being a VGT Superfan is that too many of them don't have a cockpit view.
Now, seeing all this should mean that the interior will be in the game, but history is patchy. The Italdesign EXENEO had only a description of an interior, for whatever reason, and I find it funny that this Genesis interior looks so similar to the AMG VGT interior from 10 years ago that has still only been seen in concept art on GT's website.

i1pI5FRklAPUd.jpg
i1UqV9ip2UkgN.jpg

Latest Posts

Back