Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 183 comments
Bugatti's Gr1 car was originally planned for Gr3 back in GTsport's demo at events!
This is a good reminder why Polyphony should make a Bugatti Gr. 3 based on the Chiron Pur Sport.

That's a good angle!View attachment 1308587

And at the very end of the Genesis video it looks like we're going to have a racing version. (sorry if this has already been pointed out before).

View attachment 1308588
This looks interesting. Also reminds me of an unreleased version of the IsoRivolta Zagato VGT with a rear wing.

It looks great. They've pretty much made the "headlights going into the fenders" their signature by now. I bet I could fit inside that long-as-hell hood. Unless it's perspective and it's not actually that long.

Car looks pretty amazing with all the details. I mean we will get it for free with the viewers campaign, I absolutely won’t complain here.
Don’t think we get another content update until the end of the year. Next one will be in January.

The cool part is some of the technology and design in this will probably be used in future Hyundai models.....heck the Next generation Genesis or the next sonata already kinda have that nose design.....

OMG ! japan youtube

1702066481382.png

1702066538579.png

Don’t get it like a complain but I’m not a fan of VGT. I would prefer more road cars that are popular and often seen at track days like BMW E36 m3 or just 328i and many many other cars. We also have pretty outdated gr3 cars in the game.

What are everyone's favourite VGT cars, for me its the Lambo V12, the Porsche VGT, then the Nissan 2020, the Mazda and Mclaren and maybe the BMW if only it had an interior would be great.

What are everyone's favourite VGT cars, for me its the Lambo V12, the Porsche VGT, then the Nissan 2020, the Mazda and Mclaren and maybe the BMW if only it had an interior would be great.
Only Ferrari Vgt. Others are trash for me although I haven't tried all VGT since I only play in cockpit view

Copen is slightly ahead of the BMW, due to the Copen having a manual. However, they’re at a stalemate.

Gotta get in that Bulgari and Genesis.

For me and me only, they are not worthless, they can all be sold for 500k, so if acquired for free, then yay VGT. Also, a big shout out to the Tommy-hawk, who has supplied us with precious bounty TwICE, once as a winner and once as a gracious loser. Outside of that what a worthless waste of time (for me) - I have nothing to do with them... just wish the time spent on them had gone into developing models of real cars - GT7 is missing so many compared to previous iterations...

wow that was quite a deep dive,i like the way Genesis is treating the VGT.
This may be my favorite VGT simply by the striking design and paint combo,Genesis said they were inspired by volcanos but when i look at the car my mind goes straight to sand dunes.
It's beautiful
images (53).jpeg

Last edited:
Copen is slightly ahead of the BMW, due to the Copen having a manual. However, they’re at a stalemate.
Copen is just too stable and neutral to be exciting given it's slow speed in my humble opinion.

The Zagato, Infiniti and Honda are pretty enjoyable for a more simplistic driving experience.

Now that is promoting your product!

I would love for the talkative and colorful Genesis Design North America’s senior chief designer John Krsteski to play GT7 for a week and give me his impressions about the current form and how it may be improved.

On the VGT, I think they could have pushed it a bit further. But the overall stance and side profile reflects classic proportions and the rear is starting to be recognizable as a Genesis. Where it falls a bit is the front. I'm not sold on that grill. It's different, but isn't very interesting as there have been many V-shaped noses in the past by others. However, the low point for me is the interior. It does not reflect the dramatic effort going on the exterior and lacks personality. If you isolated that interior without any badging, nobody would guess it was a Genesis VGT.

I honestly avoid the VGT cars. They look like a PC gamer's overpriced mouse and they drive on rails. I'd rather tune my 911 GT1 Strassenversion against them.

That being said, I still think this program is great as it provides an opportunity for automotive designers to flex their creativity and pitch forward designs to their company that aren't a crossover or an SUV. A lot of companies don't have a process or way for front-line creatives to jump marketing in their pitch and design, and we've seen the erosion of sports car design due to the reduced demand for sports cars. So it's still crazy to see more commercial companies coming up with their ideas of exotic street hypercars.

If I had to pick though, the Bugatti VGT and the BMW VGT are my favorites because they contain a strong manufacturer identity and are believable as real cars. And that's the downside of the program too, that unshackled designers can go too far and jump the shark trying to make their version of a smoothed out LaFerrari.

I wish all the cars had working interiors. I wish PD made that a must have when signing with those manufacturers. All created cars must have a cockpit. 😌

The manufacturers to speed things up probably said hey these casual gamers don’t play in cockpit view anyways right? Phft we don’t need to make one. Takes too long. Let’s just make the car and be done with it. While others be like we are going all out like a real car unveiling. 😁

I wish all the cars had working interiors. I wish PD made that a must have when signing with those manufacturers. All created cars must have a cockpit. 😌

The manufacturers to speed things up probably said hey these casual gamers don’t play in cockpit view anyways right? Phft we don’t need to make one. Takes too long. Let’s just make the car and be done with it. While others be like we are going all out like a real car unveiling. 😁
It does seem like every VGT as of late has an interior, whereas it seems only some of those from earlier in the program lack them, such as those from Mercedes, Mitsubishi, and the first entry from Peugeot.

Come to think of it, what’s the last VGT we got that didn’t have an interior?

Last edited:
It does seem like every VGT as of late has an interior, whereas it seems only some of those from earlier in the program lack them, such as those from Mercedes, Mitsubishi, and the first entry from Peugeot.

I believe it was the Italdesign Exeneo pair.

I believe it was the Italdesign Exeneo pair.
Ah, gotcha. That is disappointing, considering that I do like Italdesign. Hopefully they'll continue to be a very rare exception as far as more recent VGTs go. If Pininfarina gets another go - and hopefully this time as an actual Pininfarina Automobili model - I'd be so upset if they didn't bother with an interior since Pininfarina is my favorite designer by a country mile, as much as I also like Zagato, Bertone, and the aforementioned Italdesign.

Last edited:

I believe the Peugeot was the last one.

Edit: Forgot all about the Exeneo

Last edited:
Hopefully they'll continue to be a very rare exception as far as more recent VGTs go

One of the wikis indicated that the Exeneo was possibly ready MUCH early in the Vision GT project's life - 2014 to be precise. That would again possibly tally with an interior not necessarily being part of the brief.

Back