Genesis X Gran Berlinetta Vision Gran Turismo Concept

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 183 comments
One of the wikis indicated that the Exeneo was possibly ready MUCH early in the Vision GT project's life - 2014 to be precise. That would again possibly tally with an interior not necessarily being part of the brief.
Yet the writeup for the ItalDesign specifically mentioned an interior design.

...."everything we do we always want to, make sure there’s a level of feasibility and realism that we bring to it, and it’s not something that’s maybe just a fantasy,”

So many good quotes from Krsteski in this Deep Dive, especially what he mentioned about making it close to becoming a reality.
IMO Krsteski's, along with a handful of others, VGT design approach/philosophy is the mind set that leads to a successful VGT car. I don't think it's a mystery why this VGT is met with mostly good reception on GTP.

The lengths the designers went to to put the believability into this project is simply outstanding.

This entire article was good insight on the car and Genesis brand. A great read.

...."everything we do we always want to, make sure there’s a level of feasibility and realism that we bring to it, and it’s not something that’s maybe just a fantasy,”

So many good quotes from Krsteski in this Deep Dive, especially what he mentioned about making it close to becoming a reality.
IMO Krsteski's, along with a handful of others, VGT design approach/philosophy is the mind set that leads to a successful VGT car. I don't think it's a mystery why this VGT is met with mostly good reception on GTP.

The lengths the designers went to to put the believability into this project is simply outstanding.

This entire article was good insight on the car and Genesis brand. A great read.
i love his quote about using gt as a spark for maybe putting the concept into production even if the car changes a bit in the process which is alright.The old R35 concept had alot of changes till the Nissan GT-R released but the base is still there.
It's the right way to use Gran Turismo as a platform for your brand.I wish some other brands did it this way

I'm glad to hear they they designed this car with VR in mind during the development process. While I do enjoy driving the Genesis X GR3 quite a bit, there are a few minor details that bug me in VR - such as the super narrow side mirrors that lack much visibility and the shift lights being on the bottom of the steering wheel rather than the top where it would be much more noticeable.

Also excited about the Gr.1 variant they teased. I had hoped it would also arrive in the January update but it sounds like it might be a bit further off.

Copen is just too stable and neutral to be exciting given it's slow speed in my humble opinion.

The Zagato, Infiniti and Honda are pretty enjoyable for a more simplistic driving experience.
I just love kei cars. It was always going to be up the top. The BMW is more my style, than all the other VGTs. I'd have both.

I just love kei cars. It was always going to be up the top. The BMW is more my style, than all the other VGTs. I'd have both.
Yes the BMW VGT is very close to a production car they could have rolled off the manufacturer's production line or as a limited-run car like the Z8 or it could have been a Halo car for the manufacturer and used parts from a M3/M4 to save on costs etc.

Why do the game designers have to make the Genesis VGT so incredibly annoying to drive. I finally made gold in the trial and will never touch the thing again.

Why do the game designers have to make the Genesis VGT so incredibly annoying to drive. I finally made gold in the trial and will never touch the thing again.
Let me guess: Lazy on Corner entry and exit. shocking braking, etc

I really like how the Genesis VGT looks but it's stupidly overpowered to the point of being simply not fun. It just blows the tires off at any speed under 120mph. I might try putting a limiter on it, but even then I doubt I'll ever use it again. I wish PD laid out some stricter ground rules so that the VGT cars were anchored in some version of reality.

The Genesis is far from unrealistic with a number of production cars around its level existing but I won't disagree that it's hard to drive with SS tires as the default. That much wheelspin as a 4WD car is pretty crazy, and you can't adjust the torque distribution either. I'll be giving it a try at 750pp with some racing tires though since I like giving cars people avoid chances.

Last edited:
Hyundai were very slick to choose the name Genesis and its winged emblem. Truly seems like a separate brand from its parent company than what Honda and Toyota have done with their luxury brands.

While the car is horrible and insane to drive in game you have to admit it is quite the looker.

Side note, with the wheel/arch gap do you think they are actually able to turn the front wheels? :D

Let's hope this isn't coming as DLC 🤣
Season 3 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Let's hope this isn't coming as DLC 🤣
Considering we managed to get the Dior De Tomaso AND the Gran Turismo Movie Nissan GT-R GT3 Nismo without taking up one of the 3 DLC spots...

Considering we managed to get the Dior De Tomaso AND the Gran Turismo Movie Nissan GT-R GT3 Nismo without taking up one of the 3 DLC spots...
Difference is that the GT Movie GT-R GT3 was a variation livery (see also the MSR liveries on certain Mazda cars and the Igor Fraga RC F GT3) while the Dior Mangusta was a whole car.

Difference is that the GT Movie GT-R GT3 was a variation livery (see also the MSR liveries on certain Mazda cars and the Igor Fraga RC F GT3) while the Dior Mangusta was a whole car.
Thing is, people could literally get the whole car solely in that GT movie livery (albeit for a limited time).

Like I said though, PD managed to squeeze both those in without effecting the usual 3 car DLC line up.

Why would Genesis make a car looking like a spaceship looka-like with a rally car from 2045. bro finna be the next 2014 BAC Mono lol

Thing is, people could literally get the whole car solely in that GT movie livery (albeit for a limited time).

Like I said though, PD managed to squeeze both those in without effecting the usual 3 car DLC line up.
true brotha

I find it quite strange that they choose Jacky Ickx as he's a brand ambassador for Porsche, and there's the Le Mans link between them. But there's no link between Hyundai/Genesis and Jacky. I suppose money makes the link...

Back