Gran Turismo 7's Next Update Arrives April 13

• Thread starter Famine
  • 423 comments
Might just be a update do fix some bugs.. anyway talking about tracks I hope we get variations of real circuits, like Nürb GP/D, shorter layout of Barcelona for slower cars racing, and who knows, maybe Bugatti Circuit in Le Mans

Btw one imporant thing guys, do you remember seeing a day-night cycle timelapse on GT7' State of Play? Currently we don't night conditions for Spa, it hopefully indicates that we will get more dynamic conditions on more tracks like Trial Mountain, Daytona etc.

Aaaaalllllllll abooooooarrrd the Hype Train!

train GIF

There's a problem with invitations to buy cars expiring way too quickly since the previous update, I assume they'll fix that.

And then hopefully:
  • nerf BoP for Atenza Gr4 & RCZ Gr3
  • make it so my qualication laps in sport mode add up to my distance driven counter, both total and for daily practice.

For me everything else will feel like a bonus :)

Have PD given any indication of how they intend to proceed as far as free content, i.e new cars, tracks?

If I remember correctly, during GT Sport there were tweets sent out each month with 2 or 3 blacked out cars in silhouette?

Have they given any clue as to real world tracks?

Any news of a potential f1 tie in, like they did with the 2017 Mercedes?

Oh it's official! :D Finally we're able to buy the cars! Thanks for the link.

Have PD given any indication of how they intend to proceed as far as free content, i.e new cars, tracks?
Not really, no. Just on the day of release they posted this:

Additional content and improvements are planned to be added to Gran Turismo 7 with future updates. The following is a list of what to expect:

・New courses
・New cars
・New World Circuits events
・More Mission races
・More Music Rally songs
・Adding engine parts to swap
・New Lobby features
・New Time Trials for 'Sport' mode
・Improvements to the penalty algorithm and overall quality of online races
No specifics were given.

I wonder if no one, like me, expected an improvement in sport mode over the old GT Sport. Until now I have only seen serious worsening and only some small improvements ... I expected, for example, to be able to see the times of all the laps in the daily races... but also in those of the periodic events: not only you do not see all the laps but you don't even see your best lap anymore and not even the fastest lap of the race!!! I also found the pre-filled sentences for the race chat of GT Sport very useful... disappeared in GT7. No more music in the lobby.
I would also have expected an improvement in the information regarding the driver category, possibly with evidence of the points gained or lost after each race. But considering the aggravations made in this chapter, it seems to me to be talking about science fiction.
Even the information available online about the best lap times for each event is no longer public and it is not possible to see the replay of the 10 best drivers on the given track. In short, one worsening after another!
In general I have seen improvements only in a few aspects that I consider marginal and in the areas that are not of my interest (everything that is not sport mode). I'm expecting a lot from these updates but so far I am very disappointed with the GT7!!

Last edited:
I wonder if no one, like me, expected an improvement in sport mode over the old GT Sport. Until now I have only seen serious worsening and only some small improvements ... I expected, for example, to be able to see the times of all the laps in the daily races... but also in those of the periodic events: not only you do not see all the laps but you don't even see your best lap anymore and not even the fastest lap of the race!!! I also found the pre-filled sentences for the race chat of GT Sport very useful... disappeared in GT7. No more music in the lobby.
I would also have expected an improvement in the information regarding the driver category, possibly with evidence of the points gained or lost after each race. But considering the aggravations made in this chapter, it seems to me to be talking about science fiction.
Even the information available online about the best lap times for each event is no longer public and it is not possible to see the replay of the 10 best drivers on the given track. In short, one worsening after another!
In general I have seen improvements only in a few aspects that I consider marginal and in the areas that are not of my interest (everything that is not sport mode).
For the moment I am very disappointed with the GT7

Might just be a update do fix some bugs.. anyway talking about tracks I hope we get variations of real circuits, like Nürb GP/D, shorter layout of Barcelona for slower cars racing, and who knows, maybe Bugatti Circuit in Le Mans

Btw one imporant thing guys, do you remember seeing a day-night cycle timelapse on GT7' State of Play? Currently we don't night conditions for Spa, it hopefully indicates that we will get more dynamic conditions on more tracks like Trial Mountain, Daytona etc.
The Nurburgring and Barcelona I could see, as all of the track assets are there. Bugatti is essentially a new circuit given how little of it is part of the 24h layout.

i've got 1211 miles on Tokyo express today so far. And I'll double that before I go to sleep tonight. Last chance for fast credits.

Back