Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.44 Now Available, Adds Toyota GT-One, Lamborghini Urus, Audi R8

• Thread starter Famine
  • 889 comments
Obviously, I’m happy to see the more recent R8 and the TS020, but I’m also fascinated by the Urus. Hopefully we’ll get more performance SUVs to join it, and after that, an event specifically for them. Maybe the Ferrari Purosangue and Porsche Cayenne could be next in this regard. (I’m also still waiting for the Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 and Dodge Ram Rebel to complete the performance pickup truck quartet.)

As for the Audi R8 in general, I wonder if we could still potentially see the return of the 2012 LMS Ultra that only appeared in GT6? Then I feel like the R8 lineup would be complete - that is, barring the original Le Mans-winning prototype racer that gave the road car its name.

Anyway, I don’t doubt we’ll get new rounds of either the WTC 600 or the Schwarzwald League when it comes to the R8, and more rounds of the Gr.1 Prototype Series for the TS020.

As for any new Extra Menus, I bet we could see a “Toyota TS” menu with the TS020, TS030, and TS050. I could also see there being an Audi R8 menu with both road cars, and one of the two LMS Ultra models we have based on the later model.

Of course, I’d love to see a new racing venue - or at least a new layout - as well as new mission sets. The latter especially interests me not only because of the 24h races that were mentioned very early in the game’s life, but also because the last drag mission implies there are more like it to come.

Last edited:
If only we could add our own songs to the game for the menu's, would love to convert the menu music to that of the older gt games.

I can still hear the gt2 version of the Toyota GT-one in my head! (the engine noise and that ott bov) Glad to see it making a return.

Purposeful championships with the ai of the clubman cup plus races would be nice to see. (plus ai for private lobbies) But will realistically have to wait and see if they bring that kind of stuff in the next game.

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

The day has finally come

Hope PD nails the sound :drool: Finally the CLK LM will have some competition in Gr.2.

Hoping the R8 is the RWS just to spice things up. We already have the Huracan 4WD which is basically the same car.

Urus, meh. Never been a fan of these super SUVs. If they must add one I would prefer the Purosangue rather than a rebodied Audi RS Q8.

Hoping for a new track or maybe addon weather for existing tracks (it's the 2nd Anniversary of the game after all), but as always with PD best to keep expectations low.

Nothing for me in this update car-wise (I already got all I need anyway :lol:), Urus is personally one of the worst cars ever made, though new R8 is pretty good to see. But this line-up will make a lot of people satisfied, so great update overall. And nice to see PD keep going with the updates in general, means there's more to come. Now we wait for the trailer and the articles, maybe there's more to come even in this one.

THE TOYOTA GT-ONE IS HERE, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, I USED TO PRAY FOR TIMES LIKE THESE!
Does this mean we'll get the R390 eventually???

Nothing for me in this update car-wise (I already got all I need anyway :lol:), Urus is personally one of the worst cars ever made, though new R8 is pretty good to see. But this line-up will make a lot of people satisfied, so great update overall. And nice to see PD keep going with the updates in general, means there's more to come. Now we wait for the trailer and the articles, maybe there's more to come even in this one.
Agree on the Urus, but not even any emotion regarding the TS020? I feel like whether you like it or not, it's PD again doing some fan service.

Last edited:
Not the most exciting update personally, but the GT-One is a staple and important while the R8 just fits right in. Grats to those who have been waiting for this stuff in particular.

Couldn't care less about an SUV in this game though, performance oriented or not 🤷‍♂️ Gimmie like.. a 2003 Ford Focus SVT or somethin. Anything.

Last edited:
@Famine : Little typo in article "Wednesday March 27 ahead of the upate on Thursday March 28. Watch this space for all the latest information!" Also : "Coming this week?" It's writen next week in Kaz post

Great car selection, now praying for endurances races 🙏

Also : "Coming this week?" It's writen next week in Kaz post
Next week = the next calendar week; this week = the week coming up.

If it was posted on a Wednesday as "next week", I'd write "next week". However it was posted on a weekend, so next week = this week.

Like a couple of others have said, I'm not personally bothered about the GT One for a few reasons; this is my first GT game, I rarely spend time in GR2/GR1 and I don't have many memories of Le Mans from that era. BUT, I'm really pleased they have added it given the number of people asking for it, I hope it makes y'all happy. I'll enjoy it on the rare occasion I use it for sure. :)

R8 is probably the most interesting to me. Be nice if there was a sneaky track included but I'm not expecting it.

No doubt some new low pp SUV event to make you buy the Lambo. 25 seconds down 3 laps kinda BS. I pray every update for some actual races but they come few and far between. Would settle for some more rubber band endurance events.
GTone is great for nostalgia but won't fit in with the more modern cars unless we get a restricted event to promote it.
I appreciate they're still doing updates but we're being drip fed useless filler for the most part and cars you might buy, use in a couple events and forget about unless they fall into possible use in a weekly event.

Last edited:
PD is back on form with the monthly content updates! Not going to lie, the prospect of last month’s Lancer Evo IX excited me more than any of these.

GT-One is a staple that deserves to be in the game, but personally I don’t feel much about it. Bad Le Mans memories. Second generation Audi R8 was overdue, so that’s good to see. Interesting how we’ve had so few Audi road cars in GT for years and suddenly they’re arriving left and right. No comment on the Urus.

Like most 4WD cars in this game, the Urus is going to a monster on the track with upgrades isn't? I've never been picky about the cars being added so 👍. One of them is even a new type of vehicle to add to the series' history.

Woooah, am I dreaming?
The legendary Toyota TS020 GT-one...so many fond memories of Gran Turismo 3
Audi R8 2nd generation - long overdue. Love this car. Excited to see if it's the 4WD or RWD version and if it's the 4WD 2016 or 2021 model. In any case I'm happy to finally get it.
Lamborghini Urus - fantastic SUV. Hope to see a RSQ8 and Macan/Cayenne sometime.

HYPED! 😍 :gtpflag:

Back