Gran Turismo 8 - if you had the power to completely design the experience…

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_reddevil
  • 169 comments
  • 42,254 views
I finally tried the Powerpack.

It pales in comparison to custom races I've set up with a (very) limited imagination.

Sharing custom races would transform the experience.
I’m glad you agree. I suggested this awhile ago.

I think users should be able to share the custom race, share the tune(s) for the custom race maybe it all automatically applies. Let’s you slap your livery on the car they utilized. Can have the custom race locked just so people can’t reshare it, except allow a voting system and let the users decide which custom races are really worth it.

I know how difficult it is to setup. I had a trans am or muscle car race. Tuned a bunch of cars. It feels like I’m constantly fighting to get a good race, I either blow them away or I blow them away but that lead car gets way out front or I’m way behind.

But in general, it’s much better than a lot of the PD events.

At least with my just Ok custom race, I slowly pick through the pack over 5 laps or so from a grid start vs rolling start.

There’s a lot of new events I haven’t even touched yet, started on them and I’m just finding them meh. At least I’m earning some money. But that’s how excited I get for updates bringing new events. I don’t get excited.
 
I wouldn't change much tbf, it's amazing game, only thing is that whole directory menus are kinda too open in sense that if you just want finish races you'll find yourself using sam 5-6 cars all the time.. I think races should be like human comedy, especially kyoto driving park where there's restrictions but you can still use many cars that can't beat it. Also I'd remove difficulties, what's the purpose of easy difficulty? So what if someone struggles to beat some race, we all struggle on license tests for example (to gold them)..
 
overhaul the race car roster and split the current groups up into their irl categories.

for the career mode i'm thinking something along the lines of 3 separate paths: one for stock cars (maybe they could be allowed a suspension upgrade), one for tuned cars, and one for fully fledged race cars.

ditch the roulette awards and the rotating dealership system. instead have all cars available all the time, but with rotating discounts. maybe pink slips that you can trade in for a free car in a certain category as a reward for longer championships as well.
 
Keep all the Techboys /Softwarebros etc. , but get a new Game Director who isn´t that out of touch with Videogames as Kaz is...

change the money making and the standart AI with these stupid race starts and we are golden
 
I would roll the Power Pack featureson the main Game. But I understand why Sony would'n do it.
In regards to other wishes, at least bring back the qualy. That give PD the excuse to improve the basic AI too. Since the rabbit wouldn't need to be easy, to be a fair race.
Graphically, the leap from SPORT on PS4 to GT7 on PS5 was nice. But, if they update the engine itself, A larger jump is not beyond the expectations. Especially if GT8 is a PS6 title as expected.
 
for the career mode i'm thinking something along the lines of 3 separate paths: one for stock cars (maybe they could be allowed a suspension upgrade), one for tuned cars, and one for fully fledged race cars.

ditch the roulette awards

I like this idea.

Stock street car campaign.
Tuned car campaign.
Full fledged race car campaign.

I don’t mind earning cars, I just think it shouldn’t take so much time and effort. That’s not what makes the game, grinding for credits to obtain all of the cars. I think they think that’s what makes Gran Turismo Gran Turismo. But for myself it’s always been the most annoying part about the game.

They need to focus more on the campaign and I think a multiplayer campaign could be worth exploring. We all have race friends, now imagine being able to get into a campaign race together against AI as a team and earn some money together.

If multiplayer lobbies had AI we’re halfway there. My brother and I used to love doing the Crash Team Racing cups together as kids. It would be cool to be able to team up in Gran Turismo and win a championship.

We need more different tracks not just layouts and more focused car classes. I still don’t understand why they haven’t dumped a ton of their original tracks into the game yet. No licensing costs.
 
I don't have a career system idea that could implemented, but Just to echo what some have said, an experience where customization and the freedom of choice to roam about at the very start isn't locked behind a progression system, would be greatly appreciated.

If the first thing I want to do in my play through is take part in a track day, online/offline and have a go at the selection of tracks that are available in the game, then let me do that.
  • Allow me access to all the tracks available
  • Allow me to select my first car independently (more budget cars from various regions please)
  • Allow me to access GT Auto, tuning shop, livery editor and photo mode
  • Allow me access, to license tests, mission challenges and special events, all from the very beginning.
I'd like it be my career path, my choices, my experiences, not one predetermined to you by the game. An experience just like the PS1 and PS2 era games.

Some might prefer it the tutorial way, where they are guided and selections are narrowed or even hidden as to not overwhelm new players, that's fine. I just want the option to turn that all off for a veteran, please.

A nice QOL some of already mentioned, is a menu that can navigate you to the different types of racing disciplines you can explore. Saves time and lessens the chance of getting lost. Sometimes I like that though.

It is said the world is your Oyster. What you can see can inspire you. So hopefully my view to the digital racing one in the next GT isn't blocked behind silly criteria like obtaining certain cars or whatever, just to unlock a feature that should be ready available.
 
  • Return of settings such as turbo boost (which for some unknown reason, only appeared in GT1), brake pressure (which appeared in GT5/6 but in a per-axle setting)
  • Financial rewards and for pole positions, fastest laps and grand slams, adding for the percentage in the game's completion
  • Each AI driver to have an individual profile / behavior
  • Loyalty rewards for racing repeatedly with a single manufacturer
  • Reproductions of the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Series tournaments inside the campaign
  • Return of the GT4 pre-pit stop menu
  • Expansion of the current driving missions, including more drift and drag events
  • Penalties, yellow flags and slow zones in campaign, with safety cars in some circuits
Online:
  • Return of the drift trials
  • Increase the time trial silver trophy tolerance from 5% to 7% and the bronze trophy tolerance from 10% to 15%, but reduce both money rewards
  • Display the current DR/SR in numbers instead of a bar, helping to display how much DR/SR the driver has exactly gained or lost after a race
  • More variety of weekly races (i.e. Gr.4 but FR/MR only, Gr.3 but German only, reproduction of campaign events such as Ferrari Challenge)
Lobbies:
  • Allow the races or events to start automatically after a certain period of time as it was present in GT6
  • Allow the host to set the exact starting time of the race (i.e. 09:00 instead of "morning"), and amount of water in the track as it was present in GT6
  • Allow the host and/or other players to enter as stewards so they could judge, add or remove penalties
  • Allow the host to choose the way players will serve their penalties (additional pit stop time, drive through, mandatory slow zone or off throttle time)
 
Last edited:
A extensive career mode that utilizes the AI and realistic qualifying sessions from the Power Pack would be awesome in my opinion. Some more up-to-date cars, as well as optional Group sub-classes, would make me very happy indeed.

Improved graphics and physics that are more realistic would be nice too, but this would be an afterthought
 
Last edited:
Shuffle Racing
Championships
Ability to lock tunes
Different BoP locks for each car (makes road cars infinitely more useful for online)
Changing the race intervals for Daily Races (Dropping A + B to 15 minute intervals if not making races longer)
Every car available for purchase all the time (have the discount on rotation, not the car)
No races with leading car starting 1km ahead
Championship Filter for events (switchable to track filter)
Better track ordering (who knows how they order it)
New categories
Sub-dividing existing categories in a repeatable way rather than bespoke (e.g. Gr4 Hot Hatches, Gr1 Group C)
Better AI and not rubber banding
Have economy reward sport mode more
Sort Tuning Menus into parts. Beginner to Extreme makes no sense, I have no idea where anything is.
Drop the GT4 menu layout - GT Sport was so much cleaner and intuitive.
 
Last edited:
Shuffle Racing
Championships
Ability to lock tunes
Different BoP locks for each car (makes road cars infinitely more useful for online)
Changing the race intervals for Daily Races (Dropping A + B to 15 minute intervals if not making races longer)
Every car available for purchase all the time (have the discount on rotation, not the car)
No races with leading car starting 1km ahead
Championship Filter for events (switchable to track filter)
Better track ordering (who knows how they order it)
New categories
Sub-dividing existing categories in a repeatable way rather than bespoke (e.g. Gr4 Hot Hatches, Gr1 Group C)
Better AI and not rubber banding
Have economy reward sport mode more
Sort Tuning Menus into parts. Beginner to Extreme makes no sense, I have no idea where anything is.
Drop the GT4 menu layout - GT Sport was so much cleaner and intuitive.
Locking tunes is genius.
Track organizing does baffle me sometimes. I just get used of where they are in the menu when setting up a lobby until a new track comes out and then it all shifts again.
 
Apologies if mentioned before, but I would like a fuel cell to be an optional upgrade either through maintenance or tuning, for IC or EV cars. Fanciful perhaps, but there are some epic and competitive “road” cars (looking at you, P1 GTR and FXXK) rendered non-viable due to having a road car fuel tank. EV VGTs would presumably be more useable than they are now. I tried a WTC race in the Porsche VGT and had to pit literally every lap.

Another fanciful request is tuning options for the EVs, beyond simple brake and suspension upgrades. Even a fictional flux capacitor would be welcome.
 
Last edited:
In addition to my previous post

More maintenance items, like brake pads, brake rotors
Heck if you are doing an endurance race, make it so your braking performance degrades over time and you need to pit in to replace the brakes, heck its done in V8 Supercars.
Add some variation to pit stops times, not all robotic takes 4seconds to do tires.

Allow changing of options before you box, how many times have we hit confirm when we did not mean to(eg you hit X to shift up and the screen changes to tire selection at that exact moment)

Engine Temperature, drafting for long periods will cause engine temperature to increase, as will keeping the stock cooling system if you do heavy upgrades to the engine.

Allow users to change the MDF items, I hate having to scroll between weather map and fuel map, i want these two things next to each other.

DITCH VGT CARS these fake cars do not belong in this game, they have fake specs like the Tomahawks 2500hp engine, they're fast for their group(like the Group 1 VGTs being faster than actual Group 1), you cant do anything to them, heck even the Diahatsu Copen Racing Jacket is pointless if you cant even tune the anything.
 
In addition to my previous post

More maintenance items, like brake pads, brake rotors
Heck if you are doing an endurance race, make it so your braking performance degrades over time and you need to pit in to replace the brakes, heck its done in V8 Supercars.
Add some variation to pit stops times, not all robotic takes 4seconds to do tires.

Allow changing of options before you box, how many times have we hit confirm when we did not mean to(eg you hit X to shift up and the screen changes to tire selection at that exact moment)

Engine Temperature, drafting for long periods will cause engine temperature to increase, as will keeping the stock cooling system if you do heavy upgrades to the engine.

Allow users to change the MDF items, I hate having to scroll between weather map and fuel map, i want these two things next to each other.
I agree with everything you've said here...

DITCH VGT CARS these fake cars do not belong in this game, they have fake specs like the Tomahawks 2500hp engine, they're fast for their group(like the Group 1 VGTs being faster than actual Group 1), you cant do anything to them, heck even the Diahatsu Copen Racing Jacket is pointless if you cant even tune the anything.
...except this. I'm sorry but as a person who's interested in car design I can't help but admire these cars that GT has designed. It's a way to put the unbelievable into a world were there are no limits, and the concepts have influenced real-life production vehicles and prototypes. Most of these designs are feasible, enjoyable and admirable with the exception of the toyish, bonkers Tomahawk. In my opinion they definitely have a place in GT. I find it unlikely that PD will ditch such a big collaboration just because. I respect your opinion though, remember you don't have to buy/drive these cars if you don't want to.
 
I agree with everything you've said here...


...except this. I'm sorry but as a person who's interested in car design I can't help but admire these cars that GT has designed. It's a way to put the unbelievable into a world were there are no limits, and the concepts have influenced real-life production vehicles and prototypes. Most of these designs are feasible, enjoyable and admirable with the exception of the toyish, bonkers Tomahawk. In my opinion they definitely have a place in GT. I find it unlikely that PD will ditch such a big collaboration just because. I respect your opinion though, remember you don't have to buy/drive these cars if you don't want to.
The Pulse Jet Chaparral VGT doesn't seem feasible.
If these cars are to be kept, they need to be put in their own group like they were in GTS.
Dont why PD removed Group X.

These cars also need to be modifiable.
You pay easily 1,000,000cr for these cars and you cant do any thing with them
Cant add power, cant change settings, cant modify in GT Auto.
 
The Pulse Jet Chaparral VGT doesn't seem feasible.
If these cars are to be kept, they need to be put in their own group like they were in GTS.
Dont why PD removed Group X.

These cars also need to be modifiable.
You pay easily 1,000,000cr for these cars and you cant do any thing with them
Cant add power, cant change settings, cant modify in GT Auto.
Fine. The Chaparral VGT isn't feasible. Does that mean the rest aren't?

Screenshot 2026-09-28 at 12-35-48 Mclaren solus gt at DuckDuckGo.webp
Screenshot 2026-09-28 at 12-36-46 bugatti vgt at DuckDuckGo.webp

While better classing and tuning options would be nice, VGTs aren't taking away from the experience, so why bother? You could of just requested these features instead of saying "ditch VGTs."

Edit: apologies if my wording came across aggressive, my friend
 
Last edited:
Given the spread of AI and image generators almost everywhere, I suppose that such tools can be introduced in GT8 as a livery generator based on textual prompts, that can easily adapt to each car. Not a fan of, I think user-made liveries will have more love behind, but such application can be spread also to the opponent cars in single player content varying a bit the roster when repeating the same race.
 
Given the spread of AI and image generators almost everywhere, I suppose that such tools can be introduced in GT8 as a livery generator based on textual prompts, that can easily adapt to each car. Not a fan of, I think user-made liveries will have more love behind, but such application can be spread also to the opponent cars in single player content varying a bit the roster when repeating the same race.
As far as liveries go, it would be cool to be able to make a livery, then have it transfer to another car. Maybe AI can help transfer it over.

Even something as simple as like a base coat transfer. Say you make that red white and blue amc javelin paint job, have it saved and quickly apply it to other cars including a number. Takes some steps out rather than working from scratch. If this were a feature, I’d probably have a lot of my cars with the same livery. Some I don’t try replicating because it would take too long to copy it to another car. I’ve got a nice 69 Camaro masked out but it took me many many hours to make. I won’t be bothering on another car even though I’d love to have it on all of my cars.

Almost like your own preset livery style applicator. I’ve asked AI to put stripes on some vehicles and it does a fairly good job, faster than me trying to draw it.
 
As far as liveries go, it would be cool to be able to make a livery, then have it transfer to another car. Maybe AI can help transfer it over.

Even something as simple as like a base coat transfer. Say you make that red white and blue amc javelin paint job, have it saved and quickly apply it to other cars including a number. Takes some steps out rather than working from scratch. If this were a feature, I’d probably have a lot of my cars with the same livery. Some I don’t try replicating because it would take too long to copy it to another car. I’ve got a nice 69 Camaro masked out but it took me many many hours to make. I won’t be bothering on another car even though I’d love to have it on all of my cars.

Almost like your own preset livery style applicator. I’ve asked AI to put stripes on some vehicles and it does a fairly good job, faster than me trying to draw it.

The automatic livery transfer would certainly be awesome!
 
Back