Gran Turismo Car Database for Android

Yes premium/standard is something I'll add at some point. I've been a bit sidetracked and haven't had much time to develop the app since one of my other apps got mentioned on a few high profile blogs and I've been working hard on that one.

Any further updates on this app? My wish list is standard/premium indicators, pics sourced from game, and ability to save filter options across sessions...I only use gt5 so would love to be able to have it pull that up without always having to apply the filter

Any further updates on this app? My wish list is standard/premium indicators, pics sourced from game, and ability to save filter options across sessions...I only use gt5 so would love to be able to have it pull that up without always having to apply the filter

I will do the standard/premium indicator pretty soon but pics from the game for every car is a massive job so it's very low down on my priorities. I will try something to save the filter, or maybe allow you to permanently hide the games your not interested in.

I will do the standard/premium indicator pretty soon but pics from the game for every car is a massive job so it's very low down on my priorities. I will try something to save the filter, or maybe allow you to permanently hide the games your not interested in.

That is awesome - thanks for your work! Is the picture collection something GTPlanet can help with? Interested parties could take the pics and submit them? Honestly this is last on my wish list - the other two items are functional improvement while pictures are just aesthetics.

Hey MonsterMunch,
It's a great wee app.
A request for an enhancement.
Any chance of getting it to produce an xml spreadsheet with your garage in it?
Or possibly e-mail the garage list (with details)?

It's great having it on my phone, but I want to send it to my mates and show off all my cars.

have you though of contacting PD?
It's be great if there was some way to tie it to your PSN data and pull down the garage from your online profile.

Hey MonsterMunch,
It's a great wee app.
A request for an enhancement.
Any chance of getting it to produce an xml spreadsheet with your garage in it?
Or possibly e-mail the garage list (with details)?

It's great having it on my phone, but I want to send it to my mates and show off all my cars.

have you though of contacting PD?
It's be great if there was some way to tie it to your PSN data and pull down the garage from your online profile.

Some kind of garage export would be possible, but I'm not exactly sure what the best way to do it would be. Emailing a CSV file sounds quite easy but I've never done it so I'll have to do some experimenting.

Getting the data from the online profile is going to be difficult, my app would need to know your username and password to log in and then parse the html to try and find which cars you've got. I haven't contacted PD because they would probably shut me down for copyright infringement.

I hope you're still working on this app because i quite like it :)

I'd like to see the garage saved to sd, my phone needed a hard reset and now i lost all data..

Also, is it possible that when you browse cars that it shows if it's already in your garage?

I hope you're still working on this app because i quite like it :)

I'd like to see the garage saved to sd, my phone needed a hard reset and now i lost all data..

I work on it a little bit when I have time, but it's kind of low priority.

Saving garage to SD should be possible, I was thinking about implementing some kind of export/import so you can export the garage to excel or google docs, and import a new garage from a spreadsheet in the same way. This would allow you to backup your garage before you do a reset.

Also, is it possible that when you browse cars that it shows if it's already in your garage?

Yes that's something I'm working on at the moment.

I've got an iPhone version waiting for approval, but it's only for GT5. It's taking some time to compile car data & images but I'll eventually get everything into the app via updates.

I'll post again once Apple approves it with a link to the App Store. Thanks!

Cars.png

Honda Cars.png

Integra.png

Tracks.png

Track View.png

I've got an iPhone version waiting for approval, but it's only for GT5. It's taking some time to compile car data & images but I'll eventually get everything into the app via updates.

I'll post again once Apple approves it with a link to the App Store. Thanks!

Wow that looks really great! I wish I had your UI design skills.

Back