Gran Turismo Experiences Widespread Christmas Day Server Outages

• Thread starter StealthVel
  • 87 comments
Tried the livery editor, everything (still) fine. Unfortunately the problem with the community is still around. Fingers crossed, that it maybe come back to life tomorrow...

If think that a game company should know that during holidays there is always an increase of players and connections on the server. If I remember the story already happened last year or 2 years ago. That's no good.

If think that a game company should know that during holidays there is always an increase of players and connections on the server. If I remember the story already happened last year or 2 years ago. That's no good.
Handling high server loads is (very) hard, even if you expect them. It's tough to simulate so many users at the same time all doing different things, so it's not something you can easily test before.

Handling high server loads is (very) hard, even if you expect them. It's tough to simulate so many users at the same time all doing different things, so it's not something you can easily test before.
********. I am cloud architect. It's easy if You failed once. They did. In 2017. In cloud times load and infrastructure is not a problem. If You still use dedicated servers You are stuck in computer stone age. (Ofc it applies to game or it companies not for users with simple one page)

Not every contribution you make as a soldier is for the greater good of freedom or as you put it “so people like us could spend time home with our families”. Get over yourself.

You’ve done a job which most people would respect you for. But you chose your job, we civilians owe you nothing. You have no way of quantifying if or how your role as a soldier has impacted us either positively or negatively.
What? Are you smoking crack? Are you typing on your phone or keyboard? You know why you can?Because people like him and others who have given their lives for you and me to have an opinion. No matter how stupid some opinions can be. You should thank your lucky stars that people like my Uncles and Grandfather gave their lives for us.

Still down... It’s taking a long long time to fix the website issues!

5A52A2E5-D336-4AF9-8054-863F91CEC720.jpeg

Last edited:
Sir, all I can do at this moment is SMILE. :)

Smile and also hope that the people who despise the military find themselves in need of protection someday so they can understand the importance of the military. There will always be a regime somewhere preying on the weak.

What? Are you smoking crack? Are you typing on your phone or keyboard? You know why you can?Because people like him and others who have given their lives for you and me to have an opinion. No matter how stupid some opinions can be. You should thank your lucky stars that people like my Uncles and Grandfather gave their lives for us.

Yo
I don't agree not every soilder or army does good so you can't say that.
We all know 90% wars where only done because rich people and yes only 1 type of people start war.
Many many times you hear the wrong some of these great people have done.
Please don't start a war history lesson, to many bad things have been to to out way the good.

How many wars where started to actually save people and not for profit.

How many times war kill more innocent more than solved a solution.

Hell even today you hear about things.

This is a game area, zone of enjoyment.

Less stop this war crap chat.

Last edited:
Guys I want to apologize for taking this thread so far from where it started. That was not my intention. Nor was I trying to act like I'm some kind of hero. I just found it ironic that someone makes a post about others taking a day off from Gt Sport only to find oneself posting about GT Sport. :crazy: Again I'm sorry for my rant. But thank God I was deployed or else I may not have discovered this GT franchise and been able to hang out with all of you filthy animals. :lol: I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish nothing but the best for you all in the new year.

Keith.

Few hours ago I downloaded some liveries but I couldn't see them in My Library>Collection. Older liveries were missing too. My whole Library was empty!!!
What the **** is going on? :confused:

You'd think they'd have this thing figured out by now. Way to turn off all the new players who just got the game for Xmas. I guarantee they're costing themselves a whole bunch of GT sales for PS5 right now by leaving a bad impression with the newbies.

Yo
I don't agree not every soilder or army does good so you can't say that.
We all know 90% wars where only done because rich people and yes only 1 type of people start war.
Many many times you hear the wrong some of these great people have done.
Please don't start a war history lesson, to many bad things have been to to out way the good.

How many wars where started to actually save people and not for profit.

How many times war kill more innocent more than solved a solution.

Hell even today you hear about things.

This is a game area, zone of enjoyment.

Less stop this war crap chat.

What???? I think I’m dumber from reading that.

You'd think they'd have this thing figured out by now. Way to turn off all the new players who just got the game for Xmas. I guarantee they're costing themselves a whole bunch of GT sales for PS5 right now by leaving a bad impression with the newbies.
Not their fault if people are impatient. **** happens, they're working on it.

I still don't have access to edit the liveries I created. All of my race and scape photos are still missing, no activity feed....this is screwed up.
I HATE/LOVE THIS GAME....

I do have sympathy for anyone who has had their FIA plans messed up by this, but it's a small hiccup compared to the Great PSN Easter Outage of 2011.

From a business point of view I guess there's an argument for not having enough server to handle one solitary day each year when that extra capacity would sit around the rest of the time going to waste?

20/20 hindsight though, maybe scheduling the showcase FIA events on Christmas day wasn't such a bright move.

From a business point of view I guess there's an argument for not having enough server to handle one solitary day each year when that extra capacity would sit around the rest of the time going to waste?

One day?????? We are on day 3 of things still being jacked up.

Since I've only had this game for a few days and it's been like this about 75% of the time if not more, I have to ask... how often does this actually occur? The livery editor was one of the major reasons I decided to finally cave and download the game, and it's disheartening to find it barely working for two and a half days for me.

Since I've only had this game for a few days and it's been like this about 75% of the time if not more, I have to ask... how often does this actually occur? The livery editor was one of the major reasons I decided to finally cave and download the game, and it's disheartening to find it barely working for two and a half days for me.
Once, two years ago. And since they update it every month with new content, things can break from time to time. Just a coincidence you came in at this time.

Thank goodness I left my PS4 dormant for the 48 hours between December 24th and 26th. I didn't even play on Christmas day, so I've avoided this disaster.:lol:

So the Livery Editor appears to be working fine for me and both Desktop and Mobile Site Says servers are up, yet going to the Community section on both gives me a "Maintenance is Taking place" page.

So the Livery Editor appears to be working fine for me and both Desktop and Mobile Site Says servers are up, yet going to the Community section on both gives me a "Maintenance is Taking place" page.

Same. Been that way all day for me. Frustrating when you have decals to upload...

Back