Gran Turismo HD E3 2006 Showcase Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 16 comments
United Kingdom
England
Doomotron
Gran Turismo HD.jpg

I only got my PS3 in 2014, so I never could get GT HD Concept, but I do know about it. I know that it was a project for a GT game on PS3 which would be based nearly entirely on downloadable content, but was scrapped.
But there was another demo, shown at E3 2006, which had cars from GT4 and Bikes from Tourist Trophy in one game.

Gran Turismo HD (Car Selection).jpg

I am interested in what this is, and what happened to it.

Last edited:
I got a video showing the R32 in action finally, Eiger has since changed when it became a Prolouge. Here it is.

This is as close as we can get to the earliest demo of Gran Turismo 5 I have on my PS3. The game was going to be about Kaz's vision on what a GT would look like. Much like Vision GT it changed into cars because he wanted to put concepts in his game. That's my guess.

Last edited:
I got a video showing the R32 in action finally, Eiger has since changed when it became a Prolouge. Here it is.

This is as close as we can get to the earliest demo of Gran Turismo 5 I have on my PS3. The game was going to be about Kaz's vision on what a GT would look like. Much like Vision GT it changed into cars because he wanted to put concepts in his game. That's my guess.

Jesus! That is very different.

Any news about hidden files?

But there was another demo, shown at E3 2006, which had cars from GT4 and Bikes from Tourist Trophy in one game.

View attachment 507813

I am interested in what this is, and what happened to it.
That was GT:HD Classic. It was also the one also shown off as "Vision Gran Turismo" at E3 2005, and it was basically just GT4 running on the PS3. It was the version of the game that was (rightfully) so badly received by the public when it was formally announced that Sony just cancelled the entire thing and announced Prologue instead.

I've got a small question: was there an interior view?
There wasn't. Just cycled between chase cam and bumper cam. GT:HD Premium had cars that were all new models built specifically for the PS3, but they weren't as detailed in general as the stuff in GT5. Confusing this somewhat is that the marketing for this particular version of the game was loaded with bullshots and faked trailers.

That brings me to mind..

There was going to be a game for "Boys", most likely a simplified GT in terms of the PS2 age. Which was called; Gran Turismo: For Boys. It was never released due to GT:HD of having a E3 Demo and 2007 GT:HD demos.
Kazunori said that the PSP version is a rendition of For Boys.

And another thing, I found this on the Gran Turismo Wiki: (...) Among the planned contents he introduced an "iTunes-like" download service and various download packs including additional cars and tracks, advanced AI or car damage, all of which being compatible with the future Gran Turismo 5.

The Wiki also mentioned two versions. GTHD Classic was a PSS download and was GT4 on the PS3 (and would probably free as well) and Premium would be on a disc and be the proper game.

Kazunori said that the PSP version is a rendition of For Boys.

And another thing, I found this on the Gran Turismo Wiki: (...) Among the planned contents he introduced an "iTunes-like" download service and various download packs including additional cars and tracks, advanced AI or car damage, all of which being compatible with the future Gran Turismo 5.

The Wiki also mentioned two versions. GTHD Classic was a PSS download and was GT4 on the PS3 (and would probably free as well) and Premium would be on a disc and be the proper game.
That makes me extremely sad man... would have loved to have GT4 on the PS3.

Back