Gran Turismo on PS Vita???

• Thread starter TomBrady
  • 27 comments
United States
Mass UTC-5
HugoStiglitz_420 and GTP_HugoStiglitz
I would love to see a Gran Turismo game on the PS Vita.

The PS Vita has one of the highest attach rates for any console. Users on average by 12 games or more and Gran Turismo is perhaps the most popular playstation franchise of all. I think it would be a success and worth PD's time.

Plus, with the power Vita has, they could really deliver a high quality addition to the franchise complete with a CAREER MODE, many cars, and many tracks.

Make it happen Kaz.

GTPSP had the potential to be a feature-complete recreation of GT3 or GT4, but PD dropped the ball on the career mode. If they had another go at a portable GT, it would be interesting to see how they'd do it differently.

It woulc be great to see a Gran Turismo Vita but I cannot see it arriving for a long time yet. GT7, and GT6 updates, are surely PD's priority and I reckon the only GT we'll get on Vita for a considerable period will be GT7 Remote Play.

It woulc be great to see a Gran Turismo Vita but I cannot see it arriving for a long time yet. GT7, and GT6 updates, are surely PD's priority and I reckon the only GT we'll get on Vita for a considerable period will be GT7 Remote Play.

This! It works pretty well, only if you have a decent wifi-fi network provider.

I support this! 👍

I am going to explain why I don't support this. I'd rather the Gran Turismo series stick to the consoles so the development time doesn't have to be split between two separate platforms. A PS Vita version also probably would move fewer copies for the amount of developing cost than a console version.

I am on 150mb so should have no issues. Fingers crossed...

Well if you're doing remote play over the internet, you not only need a strong connection at home, but wherever you are as well. I can't do remote play over the internet because my connection at home isn't strong enough. My home connection is 3 mbps down, 1 up, and my mobile hotspot was 6.5mbps down, 2.5 up. It said the connection wasn't fast enough.

Apparently they recommend both connections to have 15 mbps download, and 10mbps upload. Most places don't have connections that strong so it depends where you go but as far as using remote play on the go through mobile hotspotting, or public WiFi it's highly unlikely that remote play is ever going to be a solution for the Vita.

A better way to wait for GT Vita is to play GT PSP, but I'm sure GT Vita will be a thousand times better... more cars, etc.

If we expect 1500+ cars (all cars currently in GT6 plus all cars from previous games that didn't make it to GT6) on GT Vita, then we got some serious business to do if it comes out like this.

It must be at least very similar to a full GT game (like GT5 or GT6), but still with GT PSP's philosophy trying to collect all the cars in the game, in every color and livery, and with a trade/share function.

PD should base the Vita version of GT on a different philosophy. The decision to go 60fps in GTPSP was a big wrong turn in my opinion.
What I would like to see in GT Vita:
1. Native resolution, with no AA, a consistent, locked and v-synced 30fps persentation (60 fps is possible but considering GT5/GT6 have never held on to 60 fps, I would rather have consistent 30 instead of 60). PD can use "Sly Cooper :thieves in time" as a reference for this.
2. A huge career (one of the biggest let down of gtpsp was it was an infuriating mega car collection demo with great physics instead of a full priced game) To me it seems with so much of content GT has, it just doesn't utilize them to their maximum potential.
3. No unfinished stuff in the game be it game design elements, tracks or cars (If your car assets have no cockpits, consider releasing them post launch gradually when you have updated them). This hurts the overall package as it causes inconsistency.
4. Newer and better soung engine resulting in better, less muffled engine and exhaust sounds (do I even need to say this).
5. No dynamic time of the day and no weather. I know this sounds stupid but the vita just isn't powerful enough for this. Give me separate Day, Dusk & night versions of tracks with pre-baked lightning and shadows.
6. A 8 racers grid with Al that actually has "Intelligence", that take risk and defend their position. (I personally found gtpsp's AI to be better than GT5). PD can use race driver grid's AI as a reference.
7. An arcade mode where we get to decide what car each AI opponent drives.
8. Better car selection. Yes GT has introduced some underdog car companies and individual vehicles but where's brands like koenigsegg,Ariel, BAC, KIA cars like Mclaren P1, bentley continental supersports, Pagani Zonda F, Toyota's LeMans prototype etc.
9. Opponents that actually bring upgraded cars (like some of the last seasonals of GT5).
10. A photo mode on the scale of at least GT4.

PD should base the Vita version of GT on a different philosophy. The decision to go 60fps in GTPSP was a big wrong turn in my opinion.
What I would like to see in GT Vita:
1. Native resolution, with no AA, a consistent, locked and v-synced 30fps persentation (60 fps is possible but considering GT5/GT6 have never held on to 60 fps, I would rather have consistent 30 instead of 60). PD can use "Sly Cooper :thieves in time" as a reference for this.
2. A huge career (one of the biggest let down of gtpsp was it was an infuriating mega car collection demo with great physics instead of a full priced game) To me it seems with so much of content GT has, it just doesn't utilize them to their maximum potential.
3. No unfinished stuff in the game be it game design elements, tracks or cars (If your car assets have no cockpits, consider releasing them post launch gradually when you have updated them). This hurts the overall package as it causes inconsistency.
4. Newer and better soung engine resulting in better, less muffled engine and exhaust sounds (do I even need to say this).
5. No dynamic time of the day and no weather. I know this sounds stupid but the vita just isn't powerful enough for this. Give me separate Day, Dusk & night versions of tracks with pre-baked lightning and shadows.
6. A 8 racers grid with Al that actually has "Intelligence", that take risk and defend their position. (I personally found gtpsp's AI to be better than GT5). PD can use race driver grid's AI as a reference.
7. An arcade mode where we get to decide what car each AI opponent drives.
8. Better car selection. Yes GT has introduced some underdog car companies and individual vehicles but where's brands like koenigsegg,Ariel, BAC, KIA cars like Mclaren P1, bentley continental supersports, Pagani Zonda F, Toyota's LeMans prototype etc.
9. Opponents that actually bring upgraded cars (like some of the last seasonals of GT5).
10. A photo mode on the scale of at least GT4.
I like #'s, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, but we need all the cars in the game in arcade mode (for details, see this suggestion thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/all-the-cars-in-the-game-useable-in-arcade-mode.310624/), 8, 9 and 10. Oh, and 60FPS is considered too much "ultra graphics", and might nearly kill your PSVita's battery faster than normal if your battery is aged and your brightness is at its highest.

Two more things I want in GT Vita:
All Vision GT cars (let's hope they will continue staying in GT even after GT6)
and the Lunar Exploration with the Lunar Roving Vehicle.

Last edited:
I like #'s, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, but we need all the cars in the game in arcade mode (for details, see this suggestion thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/all-the-cars-in-the-game-useable-in-arcade-mode.310624/), 8, 9 and 10. Oh, and 60FPS is considered too much "ultra graphics", and might nearly kill your PSVita's battery faster than normal if your battery is aged and your brightness is at its highest.

Two more things I want in GT Vita:
All Vision GT cars (let's hope they will continue staying in GT even after GT6)
and the Lunar Exploration with the Lunar Roving Vehicle.

Interesting thought on the vision gt cars. After that Nike 2022 never appeared in gt after gt4, its only right to hope these new cars - made for gt - appear in all future iterations.

OK, here are the things I want to see in GT Vita:
1. All cars and tracks from previous GT games that didn't make it to GT6 shall return. Also, all existing cars in GT6 must be included in the game.
2. Career mode (similar to GT6), but with B-Spec and special events.
3. Tuning for purchased cars similar to a full-on GT game and with improved customization (e.g. you can edit a car's ECU and boost settings for a maximum HP of up to 2700HP, and electric motor settings for electric cars to go up to a maximum of 2000HP)
4. No car limit for the garage, just buy all the cars you want in every color and livery (similar to GT PSP's car collection system)
5. Arcade mode- all the cars in the game in that feature, plus a quick-tune feature similar to GT4, but this time you can increase the power up to 50% more than the normal amount, and you can drop the weight by up to 25%, and adjust transmission settings.
6. All cars with premium quality build
7. Custom soundtrack feature
8. Livery editor (with the ability to share/download liveries/vinyls)
9. Course maker (for the sake of those who want it)
10. All the cars that all GT Planeteers want in the suggestions thread, plus all race cars/tuned cars from Shift 2: Unleashed
11. 8-16 AI racers on the grid for single player mode.
12. Online gameplay (GT PSP didn't have this, you'll need to play through Adhoc Party on the PS3 to play online).
13. Photo Mode (with all photo mode locations on GT4, GT5 and GT6) plus in pause mode
14. Graphics comparable to some PSVita games such as "The Walking Dead- Season One" and WipEout 2048, but even slightly better
15. Same user interface and font as WipEout 2048

*NOTE: There are many more things that I want to see in GT Vita, but this is all I can list down for now.

Last edited:
Please Polyphony, give us something on the Vita. You don't have to go and design a game from the ground up to be more portable friendly... something as basic as an HD collection containing GT4 and TT would suffice. Actually, it would be fantastic. Sure, nobody's gonna be doing 24 hr endurance races on their commute to work, but does that really matter?

But a GT Vita from the ground up should have the following:

An actual A-spec career mode on par with any of the console-based GT entries, with perhaps the only difference being shorter individual races... not that longer races are an absolute no-no or anything.

All the cars and tracks from GT4, plus as many as you can scale down from GT5/6 to be within the Vita's specs.

Tuning and upgrading... an absolute MUST. One of the main draws of the GT series is a feeling of car ownership, something that the PSP entry completely lacked.

More cars on track... I wouldn't mind if you guys didn't go past 6 cars on track, but you definitely can't stick with 4 for a Vita entry.

Photo Mode would be great, and would actually be a pretty well-suited mode for a mobile entry. Gyroscope/touchscreen functionality could be interesting here...

No random car dealership selection... we should be able to see everything there is to be purchased.

And last but not least, BIKES! Since the only way I think we'd see a full-fledged Tourist Trophy game on the Vita would be an unlikely GT4+TT HD collection, adding bikes to GT Vita would be a fair compromise.

Please Polyphony, give us something on the Vita. You don't have to go and design a game from the ground up to be more portable friendly... something as basic as an HD collection containing GT4 and TT would suffice. Actually, it would be fantastic. Sure, nobody's gonna be doing 24 hr endurance races on their commute to work, but does that really matter?

But a GT Vita from the ground up should have the following:

An actual A-spec career mode on par with any of the console-based GT entries, with perhaps the only difference being shorter individual races... not that longer races are an absolute no-no or anything.

All the cars and tracks from GT4, plus as many as you can scale down from GT5/6 to be within the Vita's specs.

Tuning and upgrading... an absolute MUST. One of the main draws of the GT series is a feeling of car ownership, something that the PSP entry completely lacked.

More cars on track... I wouldn't mind if you guys didn't go past 6 cars on track, but you definitely can't stick with 4 for a Vita entry.

Photo Mode would be great, and would actually be a pretty well-suited mode for a mobile entry. Gyroscope/touchscreen functionality could be interesting here...

No random car dealership selection... we should be able to see everything there is to be purchased.

And last but not least, BIKES! Since the only way I think we'd see a full-fledged Tourist Trophy game on the Vita would be an unlikely GT4+TT HD collection, adding bikes to GT Vita would be a fair compromise.

These are some of the features I want, but no bikes, please. You might ram them with your car and the rider will get eliminated if you're not careful on a car vs. bike race.

Back