Gran Turismo PSP is 10 Years Old Today

I'd have a question to the experts here. I have a Vita that I bought back in 2012 for a single game: NFS: Most Wanted as it was basically 1:1 the same as the PS360 version. I got my time out of it, got Platinum and 100% after that and definitely enjoyed it. I did play a few other games after that but nothing was close to it in terms of experience.

Coming to GT, I played a little bit (maybe around 25-40 hours combined) GT5 and GT6 but as I never owned a PSP, I haven't played GT PSP. I heard that it can be played on Vita, so I got it. Question is, how can I put it on there? I admit, I haven't turned on my Vita in a little while but from memory I couldn't download it. I think I did download it to my PS3 but it's currently offline as we moved and it wasn't a priority to pack it out for various reasons. Is the PS3->Vita transfer via USB the only way to put it on the handheld?

Thanks!

Also: I agree with a previous comment, the Vita would have needed a GT release, it's a really nice little device. Too bad Sony didn't push it hard enough.
You have to buy it from the Vita store, it's under PSP games.

Coming to GT, I played a little bit (maybe around 25-40 hours combined) GT5 and GT6 but as I never owned a PSP, I haven't played GT PSP. I heard that it can be played on Vita, so I got it. Question is, how can I put it on there? I admit, I haven't turned on my Vita in a little while but from memory I couldn't download it. I think I did download it to my PS3 but it's currently offline as we moved and it wasn't a priority to pack it out for various reasons. Is the PS3->Vita transfer via USB the only way to put it on the handheld?

I didn't tried USB, but bluetooth and through wi-fi works alright. Also you always can download it if game in your PSN library.

The official "Content Manager Assistant" for PC doesn't copy games.

Honestly really hadn't played a GT game in a while until GT PSP since GT2 on the PSX. We didn't have a PS2, so I never got to experience GT3 and GT4 when they were new. But after my brother bought me a PSP, I had to get the game. Spent so many nights staying up playing it after my parents told me not to and hours after school playing one on one with a friend over wifi (in the same house). GT PSP certainly helped get me hyped up for Gran Turismo 5's release.

I didn't play the game very much on my PSP (which I still have), but I just discovered PPSSPP on my phone and it really transforms the experience.

On a fairly cheap phone it can run pretty well and looks great. You can also use a Dualshock 4 with customised controls e.g. Triggers for throttle and brake.

This is the game that got me back into gaming. I got a PSP super cheap in 2009, wanted a Gran Turismo game and found out it was coming a few months later. When it finally did I got super addicted to it. Had so much fun there was no way I was not getting a PS3 and GT5 when it came out a year later.

Since then I've been way into gaming when before GT PSP, I rarely played and never payed attention to video games. GT PSP sparked my interest.

Also, GT PSP still has the most challenging AI in the series.

Got this game way back in 2011 when I don't have GT5 and PS3 yet. GTPSP was used to be an average racing game with only basic modes (single-race minus career mode, driving missions, car dealership, local multiplayer and replay theater) until I fully mastered the green hell which made this game the best of all mobile racing games, even to this very day. My PSP defunct 3 years ago but I still have my UMD copy on its case and backup my save file and free DLCs in case I want to resume GTPSP on my smartphone.

I still remembered finally getting all Gold in the Challenges earlier this year. And I played this game since it came out...

Back