Gran Turismo Rally?

• Thread starter Rustyhole
  • 31 comments

If GT Rally was a separate title, would you buy it?

• Yes - Rally! Rally!

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • No - it's fine in GT7

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 50 58.8%

• Total voters
Canada
Alberta
Rustyhole_PSN
If PD separated Gran Turismo into two games allowing them to cater to each physic demands, would you buy a dedicated off-road GT game - 'GT Rally' as such. Or is it fine as part of GT7.

Curious, as IMO, the off-road physics in GT games has always been horrible. To the point of I never do any thing off-road I don't have to. Licences and the cafe menus but avoid any races, circuit experience or missions.

Last edited:
I would not buy it if it was a series of tracks like we currently have. The rally in GT is something I only do when I have to and it never appeals to me if I just want a quick game.

The rally mode of the Gran Turismo franchise is sucks and it's not fun.

I have a guess. I have a feeling PD only added Rally to justify including famous rally cars like Impreza, Evolution and others. It would have been a moral support to Japanese brands that only dedicate themselves to this sport, such as Subaru and Mitsubishi.

Instead of investing in rally mode, with fictional off-road circuits, I would prefer that PD invest in Rallycross sports competition, adhering to some mixed layouts of real circuits.

Another point that PD could invest in was Shifter racing. She could add real tracks Shifter. After all, every real circuit has a Shifter track next to it.

I wouldn't buy a Rally game made by PD.

If there's one game I'd like PD to make, it's Tourist Trophy 2.

Last edited:
I voted Meh.
For one rallies are normally point to point based tracks not circuits
And when a rally is held their is normally one car on that section of track
GT4s rally effects were damn good.
Long ass dust trails, why not long dust trails in GT7?

I would definitely support MORE Rally in GT7 ... the scraps they give us rally fans is pathetic

I really miss snow personally ... but how bout an actual rally STAGE ffsakes

The idea of a dedicated GT Rally game is really funny to me. Imagine a "rally" game where all you can do is race old rally cars against fictional rally cars, on those goofy tracks, with those wonky physics. I hope rally fans love catching rabbits and hate stage rallies as much as PD does.

Give it to a different dev that can competently compete against games like Dirt Rally under the GT banner and I would give it a go. If under PD than just keep it as a mode in GT but maybe hire some outside consulting to fix its current implementation.

If PD wants to keep dirt in GT, they need to take it in more of a Rallycross direction, think PC2's implementation of it.

Basically it's own little thing, but not too separate from the usual circuit racing.

Last edited:
Rallycross is not as popular as u might think

They added Rally Cross to iRacing years ago and its become a desolate wasteland....u can get races here and there but its anything but popular

I think Rally and WRC is far more popular globally than rallycross .... I feel like neither race nor rally fans are much into rallycross :/

I don't like the choices in this poll. The question is whether I would buy GT Rally as a separate game. The answer to that is no but then the answer on the poll is "No -it's fine in GT7". .....which I don't agree it is. I don't particularly want it in GT and would rather they focus on road racing and road cars, GT, etc.

As others have said, there are already other franchises out there that do it better anyhow. I don't know what GT to bring to the table in that regard to be honest considering what I've seen.

Rallying on dirt - no, GT dirt physics have never been very good. But imagine they did a title with tarmac rally around the world, that would be quite cool. Lots of point-to-point tracks, Isle of Man, new Pikes peak, other hillclimb events -. In the rain, ice, snow. And with the pretty cool Group-B rally cars of GT7.
I'd buy that.

Last edited:
I think it might be interesting of PD to add some real world rallycross tracks to their existing tracks in GT7(Catalunya,spa,and Nurburgring has rallycross layouts,but it would be better to add those tracks if PD fix the off-road physics in GT7 first.)

GT can't get tarmac physics right, so distracting resource to rally is a diversion they should have abandoned long ago, let alone a stand alone that would be so far behind the competition is would be embarrassing.

I would definitely love if someone would make a Horizon type game for PlayStation.
The Crew or The Crew 2 both do a good job, and are often in sales.

Rally has been one of the biggest surprises for me. The driving feel reminds me of older Colin McRae Rally games. Not saying it’s particularly realistic, but the driving experience is fun.

Not interested in the races. Just against the clock. I’d also prefer point-to-point stages. Plus tarmac events. The good old track creator would be ideal for this. You don’t need particularly complex trackside scenery, just elevation changes, so we can creat hillclimbs.

Last edited:
When Sardegna Windmills was the best grinding method, I did that, but I didn't just grind, I went on and tested how the different cars behaved. And it was pretty fun to figure out tuning those cars. This was before the update that supposedly fixed the rally physics.

Physics is questionable at best for rally cars, but, taking into account Dirt Rally thinks tarmac is ice, which exposes it as an EGO engine product (all Codemasters games are like that), I'd say GT7 is a 180 on that, thinking dirt is slippery tarmac. :lol:

Last edited:
Physics is questionable at best for rally cars, but, taking into account Dirt Rally thinks tarmac is ice, which exposes it as an EGO engine product (all Codemasters games are like that), I'd say GT7 is a 180 on that, thinking dirt is slippery tarmac. :lol:
PD seem to think rally must be on dirt to differentiate itself. But for many rallying fans, tarmac rallies, with tarmac spec cars, is the ultimate.

A Tour de Course or Monte Carlo stage would be far more appealing. They could also utilise their dynamic weather tech with changing conditions.

Hopefully tarmac Pikes Peak is actually coming. Plus the Goodwood Hillclimb.

GT can't get tarmac physics right, so distracting resource to rally is a diversion they should have abandoned long ago, let alone a stand alone that would be so far behind the competition is would be embarrassing.

The Crew or The Crew 2 both do a good job, and are often in sales.
You think the crew 2 is fine? I don’t know, I hate the boat races and airplane races and wish it focused on driving solely.

You think the crew 2 is fine? I don’t know, I hate the boat races and airplane races and wish it focused on driving solely.
Agreed the boats and planes suck, but the cars are enjoyable enough and on PlayStation, it's the closest to a FH-like experience.

Back