Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
Sorry I've missed these. I've had a family emergency and haven't really be home. I know you're running these on weekends but I'll be around the next two days if you're online.

Hey, man. No worries. Sorry to hear about your family emergency. Hope things improve.

As for today and tomorrow, I'll be putting in some time from like 5:30-7:00 both evenings since I work during the day. This might be another time slot I explore during the week for those unable to do weekend mornings.

Here’s a video from Saturday's N300 race at Tokyo Expressway (Central Outer Loop). Forgive my use of driver aids and AT. I’m on DS4 too. Also, please forgive the the crudeness of this video. I didn’t trim anything off.

I should have another one posted tonight. And I’ll actually switch the camera around so you can see some of the other players in action.

Last edited:
Good stuff!

Thanks. Your race from Sunday at Tsukuba should be posted tonight.

After a while, and if there's enough interest, I'll add a new series of races to this thread called "J-Sports World Tour." It's essentially the same premise, but it'll feature some of the other (non-Japanese) tracks in the game. I'm in the process of figuring out the 6 tracks I'd like to use. Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that 2 laps on Nurb Nord is too much for this type of race? Would people be satisfied with just 1 lap?

Last edited:
Depending on the group and how close they race. If after half a lap the field is already split apart 2 laps could be just overkill.

Problem is you cannot just open a room and hope it will become something. Strict times and days work better.

If you want more flexibility you need to accept empty rooms. Especially with non Gruppe cars.

Patience !

Problem is you cannot just open a room and hope it will become something. Strict times and days work better.

If you want more flexibility you need to accept empty rooms. Especially with non Gruppe cars.

Patience !

???

I don’t know what you’re getting at. I’m not dejected or threatening to pull the room. I just said I wasn’t going to sit around for an hour+ in an empty room since it starts to get boring after a while. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable if I feel like moving onto something else if there’s been no activity in the room.

I understand the frustration and I agree to sticking with strict times. It's hard to get racing events to take off so the more organized it is the more people can fit it around an already busy schedule.
Weekend are horrible for me as work stops any game time.

Patience !

Exactly and that's something hard for me too.

Maybe start off with the more popular N-class cars that you see people driving the most. Work up to getting more people to join in and then switch up the class ratings once you have some followers.
It's a slow process for N-class racing as many people have abandon road cars in GTS. They are so unbalanced it's hard to get anything other than one make to work well.
I will try to join in on some races if they fall during my gaming times.

There are so many of us who like racing road cars but for some odd reason it's hard to get everyone on board with some kind of organization.

Keep at it. You would be surprised on just how many people don't even click on this section of the site to look up races.

I know there is a lobby racing thread on the main page somewhere. Find it and post your races there to so more people see it.

It was really buried but I found it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp-lobby-racing.376527/

There are so many of us who like racing road cars but for some odd reason it's hard to get everyone on board with some kind of organization.

Keep at it. You would be surprised on just how many people don't even click on this section of the site to look up races.

I know there is a lobby racing thread on the main page somewhere. Find it and post your races there to so more people see it.

Yeah. I know there’s a subgroup of people that are interested in road cars. I don’t think it’s lack of interest. I mean, it seems that way, but if anything, it’s more about getting schedules to perfectly align. And that’s tricky as you’re coming to deal with schedule conflicts and time zone discrepancies. I don’t bothered if the room is light. The only downside is there’s not much to do in a lobby by yourself. If I could mess with liveried or watch replay videos while keeping the room open, that’d be great.

Back