Gran Turismo Sport Clutch?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by freedom1104, Aug 1, 2016.

?

Will there be clutch in GTS?

1. I hope yes. and a upgraded clutch model

38 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. Nope. whats the point of a clutch :3

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Sort of. same old on off switch clutch

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. freedom1104

freedom1104

As we all know majority of announced car in GTS are paddle shifting cars.Especially to those who had the th8a shifter or driving force shifter. do you had the same question as mine, will there be any clutching action in GTS? if any, is it the same as the old clutch on off switch ?

till now no such info and news regarding clutch.

VBR, super_gt and mister dog like this.
  2. michael chen

michael chen

I am sorry about my english

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  3. freedom1104

freedom1104

so thats mean clutch is present in the GTS in CJ2016? at least that is a good news. lol

4. michael chen

michael chen

No,I made a mistake ,I mistook “cluch” for “collision”

5. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I don't have the car list memorized but are there any cars on the list that aren't paddle shifters?

6. Heavyduke

Heavyduke

The stock Impreza is one.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  7. freedom1104

freedom1104

miata is another :3

8. Ameer67

Ameer67 Premium

Is the poll asking for our realistic prediction or our hope?

9. freedom1104

freedom1104

both. :3

VBR, Ameer67 and Heavyduke like this.
  10. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder Premium

I voted for what I hope, which is an improved clutch model, but I expect it will be unchanged from GT5 and GT6.

I don't understand why I can't choose to drive with a clutch on all cars - why should it matter whether the car has paddle shifters in real life? Most users of the game will be driving all the cars on automatic, personally I will race online using paddle shifters, but if I am driving in arcade mode I like to use a clutch and H pattern shifter - more choice and less forcing by Polyphony Digital would be nice!

oli440, JulesDennis, VBR and 2 others like this.
  11. Griffith500

Griffith500

Without an upgrade to the drivetrain physics outright, changes to the way the clutch works (in the physics) is unlikely. I've never found that particularly lacking, though; at least compared to the rest of the drivetrain.

Changes to the way it is handled in the control layer would be welcomed; specifically a selectable option for "flat shifting" being allowed or not. That artificial checking of selection events is what causes all the aggro.

Sick Cylinder and freedom1104 like this.
  12. thegt500

thegt500

I'm hoping for a much improved clutch in GT-S and especially GT7. Something along the lines of what pCARS has would do nicely ! Even though some of the more modern race cars in pCARS are paddle shifters, you can still use the clutch to launch off the start line, even slip it if you bog down, or disengage it if you get too much wheelspin.
    I know it may not be the purist way for a modern sequential 'boxed race car, but the added control it gives can make all the difference to whether you stall or spin uncontrollably off the line. It can even help in situations where you find you're in the wrong gear or correct rev range when exiting a corner and can give a little 'clutch kick' to get the revs up to pull you out of trouble, or just plain disengage drive when you're in a lift off oversteer situation to coast a little to regain control.
    I also like to practice a bit of heel and toe down shifting on the H pattern manual cars and find a progressive clutch a must as you can adjust the pressure to avoid a lock up which is near impossible if the clutch is an ON/OFF switch.

freedom1104 likes this.
  13. Robbks

Robbks

Bumping this one up.

Where is the clutch.??

I'm using a G29 and the third pedal does't do a thing..?
    What am I missing?

Johnnypenso likes this.
  14. Chicagopd50

Chicagopd50

I'm also using the g29 with gran turismo sport on ps4.. I can't find clutch and shifter on setting.. the shifter works when I change gears but the clutch does not work, so I can change gears with out pressing the clutch, I want to have the real feeling of clutch making car go into N ... any help ?

Johnnypenso likes this.
  15. kembro

kembro

We have a winner at this stage for on/off switch, clutch pedal, in the demo anyway. No brake lock up feeling and heavy steering concern me too. Been a bit spoilt by other Ffb models lately. Hopefully they'll be improving the handling/ffb with updates.

thegt500 and Johnnypenso like this.
  16. luisgo98

luisgo98

Using the T500 RS on GTS the clutch still feels relatively same as in GT6. I just noticed now I'm able to shift up without letting go of the throttle unlike in GT6 where you couldn't "powershift".

poumpoum likes this.