Votes: 38 73.1%
  • Nope. whats the point of a clutch :3

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Sort of. same old on off switch clutch

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters
Singapore
Singapore
As we all know majority of announced car in GTS are paddle shifting cars.Especially to those who had the th8a shifter or driving force shifter. do you had the same question as mine, will there be any clutching action in GTS? if any, is it the same as the old clutch on off switch ?

till now no such info and news regarding clutch.

In English:Somebody who went to Chinajoy told us that the physics has been hugely improved from GT6 but the clutch looks still as same as GT6,like E3 build. I think they had used E3 build directly。
中文: 有些去过Chinajoy的人告诉我们物理有明显改进但是碰撞还是跟GT6和E3 build一样,似乎目前还是按脚本碰撞。(我估计就是直接拿E3 build过来参展的)

so thats mean clutch is present in the GTS in CJ2016? at least that is a good news. lol

I don't have the car list memorized but are there any cars on the list that aren't paddle shifters?

Is the poll asking for our realistic prediction or our hope?

I voted for what I hope, which is an improved clutch model, but I expect it will be unchanged from GT5 and GT6.

I don't understand why I can't choose to drive with a clutch on all cars - why should it matter whether the car has paddle shifters in real life? Most users of the game will be driving all the cars on automatic, personally I will race online using paddle shifters, but if I am driving in arcade mode I like to use a clutch and H pattern shifter - more choice and less forcing by Polyphony Digital would be nice!

Without an upgrade to the drivetrain physics outright, changes to the way the clutch works (in the physics) is unlikely. I've never found that particularly lacking, though; at least compared to the rest of the drivetrain.

Changes to the way it is handled in the control layer would be welcomed; specifically a selectable option for "flat shifting" being allowed or not. That artificial checking of selection events is what causes all the aggro.

I'm hoping for a much improved clutch in GT-S and especially GT7. Something along the lines of what pCARS has would do nicely ! Even though some of the more modern race cars in pCARS are paddle shifters, you can still use the clutch to launch off the start line, even slip it if you bog down, or disengage it if you get too much wheelspin.
I know it may not be the purist way for a modern sequential 'boxed race car, but the added control it gives can make all the difference to whether you stall or spin uncontrollably off the line. It can even help in situations where you find you're in the wrong gear or correct rev range when exiting a corner and can give a little 'clutch kick' to get the revs up to pull you out of trouble, or just plain disengage drive when you're in a lift off oversteer situation to coast a little to regain control.
I also like to practice a bit of heel and toe down shifting on the H pattern manual cars and find a progressive clutch a must as you can adjust the pressure to avoid a lock up which is near impossible if the clutch is an ON/OFF switch.

Bumping this one up.

Where is the clutch.??

I'm using a G29 and the third pedal does't do a thing..?
What am I missing?
I'm also using the g29 with gran turismo sport on ps4.. I can't find clutch and shifter on setting.. the shifter works when I change gears but the clutch does not work, so I can change gears with out pressing the clutch, I want to have the real feeling of clutch making car go into N ... any help ?

We have a winner at this stage for on/off switch, clutch pedal, in the demo anyway. No brake lock up feeling and heavy steering concern me too. Been a bit spoilt by other Ffb models lately. Hopefully they'll be improving the handling/ffb with updates.

Using the T500 RS on GTS the clutch still feels relatively same as in GT6. I just noticed now I'm able to shift up without letting go of the throttle unlike in GT6 where you couldn't "powershift".

Back