Gran Turismo Sport End of Life Announced for January 31 2024

• Thread starter Famine
  • 357 comments
Does this mean I can't do the GT League races anymore?
Screenshot_5.png

Edit: Thanks for the poo, @dirtydog ❤️

Last edited:
Does this mean I can't do the GT League races anymore?
I don't remember it being an offline feature, but if it is going to save your career progress, it is probably going to become one.

Sort of raises more questions than answers.

However it appears that Polyphony Digital will revert this requirement, allowing players to keep access to the “offline” game modes.
This is great news, I was hoping this would be the case. Hopefully this can ease fears that GT7, also, won't be playable once the servers go offline. 👍

Last edited:
Quick question: is every car in GT Sport also in GT7, except Mercedes W08? I remember that the game got updated with some ridiculously priced (like 20 million) vintage cars that I never got to try, are those cars in GT7?

Quick question: is every car in GT Sport also in GT7, except Mercedes W08? I remember that the game got updated with some ridiculously priced (like 20 million) vintage cars that I never got to try, are those cars in GT7?
Yes. Exclude the Fittipaldi EF7 VGT and yes, all cars were ported over (correct me if I'm wrong)
(Of course there's alternate livery cars like the Lewis Hamilton AMG VGT that isn't in GT7)

Last edited:
Well the time has come as I expected.

Guess this means I have a lot of 'work' to do between now and 31 Jan, namely buying all the cars and importing my liveries from Sport over to GT7 so that I still have them so I guess i know what I will be starting this weekend, not to mention the finish of the grind to Level 50.

Well the time has come as I expected.

Guess this means I have a lot of 'work' to do between now and 31 Jan, namely buying all the cars and importing my liveries from Sport over to GT7 so that I still have them so I guess i know what I will be starting this weekend, not to mention the finish of the grind to Level 50.
Same here.

Then again, you can import them over to GT7.
Yes, IF I do have GT7, I can. And IF the car is in GT7 (which is the case for most cars, I know). But they are creating a precedent here by basically saying "You want to keep you liveries and several hours of work associated with them? Just buy our new game (and our new console, because our new game might not be made for your old console anymore)!

Well, it is what it is.

So they finally worked the courage to break the news everyone was expecting huh? About damn time.

And looking at how the current DLC support for GT7 is drying up, given how the scale of updates is shrinking, I can speculate that the development of GT8 must be fairly underway.

About GTS, we being able to still access our garage and career mode is something that surprised me, I thought that my disk was gonna turn into a useless paperweight.

But meh, I don't care about the game anymore, even less now that I will not have my liveries...I should have bought a digital copy, now I don't know if I can find someone willing to buy my disk.

Last edited:
This sounds good if it’s a precursor to GT7. Should get rid of the invitations and give casual players more time to collect all cars, before GT12 servers shutdown.

Knowing they can flip a switch at the end of a game’s life to keep single player content available is a good sign. Still not happy about the online saves to begin with, but it’s not so bad long term if they plan on doing this for GT7 and presumably future titles.

Back