Gran Turismo Sport:Multiplayer Domination by the VW in Gr3

• Thread starter KenboZX10r
  • 15 comments
United States
United States
Playing in alot of open lobby Non-Bop Race sessions with friends at Night,I find most of the Gr3 cars are very balanced,(and i have alot of them),I've had Great lap times (for me) using Minkihl's tunes then i play with the gearing and practice.Just finding the VW's are Way Op and No seemingly way to catch them? (This is Everyone that's in the chat? Not just me),Will GT Nerf an issue like this or do i just need to get a Bug? Just a little Frustrated/Love the Game Though..

I wouldn't be surprised to see PD nerf the Beetle in a future update, but I also don't find it unbeatable. I haven't driven it so I can't really say what I think of the car, but I've beaten many Beetles in open lobbies and I've also been beaten by many Beetles. I think because the Groups are relatively balanced between each car, it mostly boils down to driver skill. The Beetle may be marginally better than other options in Gr.3, then when in the hands of a skilled driver, makes it a tough beat. Can be done though.

Like I said I haven't driven the Beetle, mainly because it's a Beetle. I'd much rather drive my F-Type and not win than have to suffer thru constantly seeing a Beetle on my screen for 5 laps. Those who put themselves thru such torture for a 1st place win are likely masochists.

I wouldn't be surprised to see PD nerf the Beetle in a future update, but I also don't find it unbeatable. I haven't driven it so I can't really say what I think of the car, but I've beaten many Beetles in open lobbies and I've also been beaten by many Beetles. I think because the Groups are relatively balanced between each car, it mostly boils down to driver skill. The Beetle may be marginally better than other options in Gr.3, then when in the hands of a skilled driver, makes it a tough beat. Can be done though.

Like I said I haven't driven the Beetle, mainly because it's a Beetle. I'd much rather drive my F-Type and not win than have to suffer thru constantly seeing a Beetle on my screen for 5 laps. Those who put themselves thru such torture for a 1st place win are likely masochists.
The beetle is just super stable and reliable. Very easy to predict that’s all.

The beetle is just super easy to drive. Took a long while to get a handle on the NSX, then I do okay with the FT-1. Jumped in the beetle out of curiosity and crushed my qualifying record by a second on lap 2. Went on to win a Sport race from pole with practically zero effort against the same drivers where I was finishing 4th before.

I have a lot of difficulty keeping up with the beetles. Mostly because I main the Ferrari 458, a car that wants to kill you in every low-speed corner. I used the Beetle once and it did very well and I had no issues with it whatsoever. I'd rather loose every race than not be challenged by my car. I don't want to be driving a computer game inside of a computer game!

The beetle is just super easy to drive. Took a long while to get a handle on the NSX, then I do okay with the FT-1. Jumped in the beetle out of curiosity and crushed my qualifying record by a second on lap 2. Went on to win a Sport race from pole with practically zero effort against the same drivers where I was finishing 4th before.

This is the type of thing that removes any sense of realism and makes the content more of an arcade game when you take a fictional car and place it in a what is supposed to be a class of realistic GR3 cars with real life performance traits and the VW Beetle is a dominating car in the class!

Talk about losing respect for the supposed realistic content within the game does not take much of this to classify the game as arcade rather than a sim!

Look, I HATE All VAG products. I mean HATE them. But I signed up with vw purely on statistics. They have the two best stats in class, braking and cornering. This indicates the ‘Dubsy twins have a distinct advantage for keepin* momentum and late braking. I for one, have enjoyed using and abusing my sponsorship, and GYYYAWD was I laughing during “diesel gate”.

The Beetle is a beast indeed, but in the moment we have races we proper fuel consumption, he's going to be one of the worst. He drinks fuel like there's not tomorrow.

From a few non BOP Gr.3 races I've completed with friends it is obivous that the Beetle (& to a lesser extent the 911 RSR) are clearly ahead of the rest. I prefer to use the Mustang & even with the maximum amount of power the Beetle will just walk away from it & anything else on the straights.

Bizzare to think that the 'joke' car of the field is indeed the fastest.

First, the Beetle is not a 4 cylinder, there is no way they made 500+ hp from a 4 cylinder in a VAG product. It would shatter at start up.

Second, they are IMHO glitches and unfair to use. I race BMW only. I personally own an ///M3 in real life, and drive the M4 and M6 in game. They feel exactly like my IRL car, and they are fast.

I honestly hate seeing the Beetle in races. It seems as if the only people that use them have no real skill, and rely on the car to do the work.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest Posts

Back