Gran Turismo Sport Pre-Order & Limited Edition Details

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 151 comments
I received a response from Game. They don’t know if the Europe Pack is an exclusive because “it does not state it on our website” and was advised to ask other retailers if they offer it.

They also don’t know if they will be doing the Steelbook Edition and advised to keep checking the website… very helpful and comprehensive :rolleyes:

I received a response from Game. They don’t know if the Europe Pack is an exclusive because “it does not state it on our website” and was advised to ask other retailers if they offer it.

They also don’t know if they will be doing the Steelbook Edition and advised to keep checking the website… very helpful and comprehensive :rolleyes:

This is exactly why I HATE pre-order bonuses containing in-game content. It's just stupid that the biggest fans are the ones having to do all this work to mix-and-match content to make sure they get everything. More Sony's fault than PD, but still...

From the AU page (http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/preorder/), even the Collectors Edition only gets 9 cars. There are 4 packs (x3 cars each) so even with the most expensive version you're going to be missing out. Now, from what I can tell, most of these cars will be in the game, you just have to buy them/unlock them a bit later without the pre-order. The only ones I'm worried about are M4 and AMG GT Safety Cars, so if you want to be really sure, make sure your pack includes those 2.

This is exactly why I HATE pre-order bonuses containing in-game content. It's just stupid that the biggest fans are the ones having to do all this work to mix-and-match content to make sure they get everything. More Sony's fault than PD, but still...

From the AU page (http://www.gran-turismo.com/au/products/gtsport/preorder/), even the Collectors Edition only gets 9 cars. There are 4 packs (x3 cars each) so even with the most expensive version you're going to be missing out. Now, from what I can tell, most of these cars will be in the game, you just have to buy them/unlock them a bit later without the pre-order. The only ones I'm worried about are M4 and AMG GT Safety Cars, so if you want to be really sure, make sure your pack includes those 2.

I totally agree 👍

Apart from the pointless product advice I also don’t trust the info on the GameUK listing. Other sources suggest the Europe pack (and all packs) contains 3 cars and the Golf was “to be determined”. Game list the pack as having 2 cars and don’t mention the Peugeot RCZ or any other pack contents.

I probably used the stealth 787b more than any other car in GT5, but if everything will be available/purchasable in this version then that’s great. I would really like the Audi R18 (Europe pack) and the Pace Car pack from the start though. The only way to get them at the moment is buying the Collector’s Edition from Game although I don’t trust their listing info. It will also be annoying if they sell the packs for £10 from the store as I don’t need all the other Collector’s Edition contents.

It points to some sort of pre-order bonus if the Europe pack isn’t included with the Collector’s Edition or selectable pack with the Steelbook Edition. I will hold off until Game offer the Steelbook or Amazon update their listing to include the Europe pack bonus. Hopefully some info is released on availability of the packs from the PS Store too.

what I think:

pre order Steelbook edition is with 6 extra cars (2 pre order packs) --> 3 cars extra and depends per continent, Europe, Asia=Japan pack and Americas and 3 extra cars are e.g. the pace cars.

pre order GTS Collectors Edition comes with 3 pre order packs. I guess same as above + 3 extra cars. But which extra cars?

Sounds logical or not?

what I think:

pre order Steelbook edition is with 6 extra cars (2 pre order packs) --> 3 cars extra and depends per continent, Europe, Asia=Japan pack and Americas and 3 extra cars are e.g. the pace cars.

pre order GTS Collectors Edition comes with 3 pre order packs. I guess same as above + 3 extra cars. But which extra cars?

Sounds logical or not?

Amazon UK mention “pick from the Pace Car, Japan or America packs” in their Steelbook (2x pack) listing. Both Amazon and Game list the Japan, Pace Car and America packs with the Collector’s Edition (3x pack).

It seems you can’t get a disk version in the UK that includes the Europe pack as standard… Game UK pre-order bonus only and the info on what that includes might not be accurate.

On the UK PS Store, the £60 digital deluxe edition has the 3 country theme packs, the livery sticker pack, and the chrome racing helmet. Pre-ordering this version will also get you the pace car pack and a ps4 dynamic theme, so you get all the content.

It might be daft, but I would prefer a disk version. The PS Store also takes payment immediately which would make it more of a hassle to switch to a better deal later.

If no more options are made available prior to launch then I might end up going for the digital version though.

I imagine this game has been built from the ground up to take advantage of the new NEO hardware plus PSVR,...if that's the case its gonna be an expensive but awesome Christmas this year ;)

Tell me about it. I bought a PS4 earlier in the year for GTS and to hopefully play the beta. Shortly after buying it the Neo was announced and the beta was cancelled :lol:

My only comfort was that I would have at least a few months with GTS before the Neo was released, but now lots of sites are speculating on it being a few months away at a cost of $400 to link in with VR sales. Oh and I have pre-ordered PSVR so I fully expect PSVR 2.0 to be announced after I receive it :lol:

Last edited:
"It seems you can’t get a disk version in the UK that includes the Europe pack as standard…"

Maybe because UK decided to leave Europe and the developers in Japan already had some intel about that? haha just kidding. Hopefully we are still welcome in the UK because almost every year we have our vacation in Scotland or Engand. Mid August again ;)

On topic: it seems to be a big surprise want we get per country/continent once the pre orders will be shipped.

Collector's Edition is almost identical to the "Signature Edition" of GT5 (which I bought for £120 on release day).
I'd say I'm not going to buy it. But I would be lying.

I want that Cap:dopey: but i'm not from Spain:grumpy:
gtscap.jpg

http://www.fnac.es/Gran-Turismo-Sport-PS4-Juego-PS4/a1237221
http://www.fnac.es/Gran-Turismo-Sport-Edicion-Especial-PS4-Juego-PS4/a1260775

http://www.fnac.es/Gran-Turismo-Spo...gin=FnacAff&OrderInSession=0&TTL=230120171142

Last edited:
Just preordered the limited edition thru Amazon US! If I understand the GT official page correctly, I'll get the 3-car pack and 500mil credits in from Amazon in addition to what comes with the limited edition correct? It's not pointed out on the Amazon listing, the three car pack is only listed on the regular version.

Wonder what are the 8 cars included with the limited edition? Why wouldn't that be announced already?

Just preordered the limited edition thru Amazon US! If I understand the GT official page correctly, I'll get the 3-car pack and 500mil credits in from Amazon in addition to what comes with the limited edition correct? It's not pointed out on the Amazon listing, the three car pack is only listed on the regular version.

Wonder what are the 8 cars included with the limited edition? Why wouldn't that be announced already?

500mil extra in game credits? Are you sure I can only see 1m on Amazon UK/US?

I was so tempted to get a special steel case disc or the collectors edition, but I decided in the end to get the digital deluxe version with the pace cars on to my HDD. As this game will be played for a while with all the new DLC coming I thought it could sit along side Pcars there to be used any time. Maybe I will pick up a spare copy on disc after 6 months when the prices come down in stores. Anyway deal done-no going back now! £59.99 GBP although I notice it won't be launched until 18th Nov here (UK) Counting down the long days!:cheers:
20160811175128.jpg

Having had to buy GT6 twice, first for the collectors ed and later on as digital download after my blu-ray drive died and I couldn't play the disc. This time around, though I like to have the disc, I don't want to get caught out again if I have a similar problem or someone scratches my disc or any number of things that could happen like that and have to buy it again. At least with the download you only have to purchase it once.

Having had to buy GT6 twice, first for the collectors ed and later on as digital download after my blu-ray drive died and I couldn't play the disc. This time around, though I like to have the disc, I don't want to get caught out again if I have a similar problem or someone scratches my disc or any number of things that could happen like that and have to buy it again. At least with the download you only have to purchase it once.

In the unfortunate case of my PS4 being thrashed or broken or I give in and buy the new Neo, can you just download again to the new PS4 once you have purchased it and downloaded it, I just can't get my head around digital and how you can transfer them to other PS4 etc hopefully nothing will ever happen but I guess they will issue you the download again if it does, I agree with you Nathan I have had many a disc scratched in the past or faulty when I really wanted to play a game after a while, so this is the way forward for me on games I pre-order or know I will play through the year, although looks like I will have to delete a few games before then as I only have a 500gb and even disc games take a good 20-50gb.👍

For anyone bundling a package together for GTS it looks like the PS4 slim is out on 14th Sep and the Neo is pushed back until March… all rumours until official though.

You might be able to buy a slim now though (bit ugly?):

https://www.gumtree.com/p/ps4/sony-ps4-slim-line-new-not-even-in-stores-yet-/1184039852

Speculation it’s a 3D printed fake, but if it is, it’s a very good fake from multiple sellers ;)

http://thisgengaming.com/2016/08/21/report-ps4-slim-to-release-september-14th-worldwide/

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/08/21/rumor-ps4-slim-cuh-20xx-might-have-been-leaked/

Tempted to just go ahead and pre-order the game.

Does the 'Steelbook Edition' have the same things which are contained in the 'Limited Edition'?

Tempted to just go ahead and pre-order the game.

Does the 'Steelbook Edition' have the same things which are contained in the 'Limited Edition'?

Not quite. The steelbook has:

1,500,000 in-game credits
Livery Sticker packs
6 Car Booster pack (Pre-order incentive)
Chrome Racing Helmet
60 PS4 Avatars
Steelbook

Tell me about it. I bought a PS4 earlier in the year for GTS and to hopefully play the beta. Shortly after buying it the Neo was announced and the beta was cancelled :lol:

My only comfort was that I would have at least a few months with GTS before the Neo was released, but now lots of sites are speculating on it being a few months away at a cost of $400 to link in with VR sales. Oh and I have pre-ordered PSVR so I fully expect PSVR 2.0 to be announced after I receive it :lol:

I might have to buy a PS5 at this rate :eek:

Back