Gran Turismo Sport VR Gameplay: Rallying at Sardegna

Its more than moving your head around like ron86 said you need to experience it to feel the difference it makes .....I don't see why they cant have a lower graphics setting so the people with PSVR so if they want to run in VR mode they can and the people that don't want to can still run with the higher resolution. Running in 1080p does not matter to me so everybody has their own preferences but it would appeal to more people if it had more options.....

I think you have to experience VR (properly) for yourself to understand the ,,graphics dont matter as much as the immersion of VR“. Its not only ,,moving your head“ but seeing everything in 3D as your eyes would that gets you into the game world.
Graphics do matter though as it's part of immersion as well. I can't be immersed in something that is so obviously a game because the graphics are so bad. Like I said, there was probably something wrong somewhere and I'll reserve judgment on VR until I try it properly.

Graphics do matter though as it's part of immersion as well. I can't be immersed in something that is so obviously a game because the graphics are so bad. Like I said, there was probably something wrong somewhere and I'll reserve judgment on VR until I try it properly.
The main problem with ps vr arent the graphics but the picture quality, so you have to accept the blurry picture to enjoy the immersion, which was very easy for me! The lightning on GTS in VR will be as great as on the tv screen.

The main problem with ps vr arent the graphics but the picture quality, so you have to accept the blurry picture to enjoy the immersion, which was very easy for me! The lightning on GTS in VR will be as great as on the tv screen.
By graphics I meant overall including picture quality. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between GTS and GT3 based on the demo I had with the PSVR because the screendoor effect was so bad. And unless your VR has HDR, the lighting and other graphic effects won't be nearly as good as the game on a proper HDR screen.

I have seen something like that in some video or images from the VR mode of GTS.
Now I can not find it and I do not remember the source unfortunately:indiff:

In VR the framerate is everything and Sony don't allow vr games that not meet at least 60 fps. Going under 60fps would create sickness.
Keep in mind that it has to render 2 times the game (a screen for the eye with different perspectives) at at least 60fps and with good resolution.
With the actual hardware they already doing miracles in so many games:tup:
It would also please me to have more opponents, but already try GT in VR is a dream come true:P

That will be a great problem for those who suffer from motion sickness:lol:
However, Pcars 2 will be my main game for VR. Actually i'm enjoy a lot the first game in VR and can't wait for the new one.

I'm playing on PC with the PSVR emulated as Vive with trinus

I just hope to see in 2 some improvements like rain, really bad to see with that 2D effect, better driver animations and the LOD from the cockpit that renders only half of the car and looking behind there are completely missing 3D elements that breaking the immersion.

Hi buddy, I have to ask; what are your settings in assetto corsa (Supersampling and in Game settings) with Trinus - PSVR - PC for a really clean experience?. My rig; GTX 970, i7. Thanks.

Hi buddy, I have to ask; what are your settings in assetto corsa (Supersampling and in Game settings) with Trinus - PSVR - PC for a really clean experience?. My rig; GTX 970, i7. Thanks.
My configuration is: GTX 1060 (6GB), i5 4690k (oc @ 4.2ghz) and 16GB ram ddr3

I still have not tried AC it in VR, but with pcars for a smooth experience I have lowered the resolution to 720p with a mix of medium/high details and a max of 20 cars. With more cars, details and resolution(I did various tests up to 1440p and until 1080p is good with with few cars on the track) the framerate becomes really bad and the experience is horrible:ill:
I do not know too much about PC configurations, but for a smooth high-res VR experience I think it needs at least a card like the GXT1070 or even better a GTX1080 (but they cost a lot too much for what I can afford:scared:)

My configuration is: GTX 1060 (6GB), i5 4690k (oc @ 4.2ghz) and 16GB ram ddr3

I still have not tried AC it in VR, but with pcars for a smooth experience I have lowered the resolution to 720p with a mix of medium/high details and a max of 20 cars. With more cars, details and resolution(I did various tests up to 1440p and until 1080p is good with with few cars on the track) the framerate becomes really bad and the experience is horrible:ill:
I do not know too much about PC configurations, but for a smooth high-res VR experience I think it needs at least a card like the GXT1070 or even better a GTX1080 (but they cost a lot too much for what I can afford:scared:)

Yup, GTX 1080 is the beast there! But, let me give my opinion about your VR experience... Go right now for Assetto... Is a way better SIM and, in VR, It has better graphics... Be sure to install a MOD called "Assetto natural graphics Mode"... It is amazing how the graphics near and mid distance improves... For far distance It is pretty nice the same.
Greetings and tnx!

The rest may not matter to you but it does to me and I presume others. A crisp and clear 1080p/60fps is the minimum standard for me these days. Lots of people are rocking 4k these days, others as much as 144 fps, so to come down to the resolution of VR is not going to float everyone's boat, regardless of being able to move your head around or not.

I'm stuck with an old PC that can't run mid-to-late PS2 era games at 800x600, no anti-aliasing, high graphics, without dropping below 30 FPS, so I can't say I identify with your problems.
Even when I had a good PC, 720p with anti-aliasing, at a steady 30 still seemed more than enough. Sometimes I would even sacrifice the resolution for performance/other graphical options, like I did in GTA V and Assetto Corsa. Running at 60 is nice, but is more than that even necessary? My monitor can only go up to 85 FPS anyway, so it doesn't matter. Does it feel smoother if the monitor doesn't display it but the game run in it? Like with up/down/I never know which of these it is/scaling? As in, not as much, but there's still a difference.

Oh and, I'm playing TOCA 3 and it's awesome (well, I hate the difficulty curve. Tarmac races are so easy I can usually win at hard, but then some are really hard, and if the game puts you in an off-road race in the rain, might as well throw the controller at the wall beforehand, at least you won't have to suffer though it). I'm still having fun. I didn't DIE because of the "horrendous" graphics.

[...]My rig; GTX 970, i7

My configuration is: GTX 1060 (6GB), i5 4690k (oc @ 4.2ghz) and 16GB ram ddr3[...]

Oh stop showing off! Even for people that aren't fu... financially problemed... like me, that's still powerful enough to seem like you are bragging by saying that. I'm sorry if you're not. But it's still annoying...

[...]with pcars for a smooth experience I have lowered the resolution to 720p with a mix of medium/high details and a max of 20 cars. With more cars, details and resolution [...] the framerate becomes really bad and the experience is horrible
[...] for a smooth high-res VR experience I think it needs at least a card like the GTX1070 or a GTX1080 (but they cost a lot too much for what I can afford:scared:)

...and you still have problems with graphics. What even is the point of this discussion again? The cheap, most affordable VR experience doesn't have the best graphics in the whole world. Wow. Since when did the weakest, less powerful machine win a gaming generation?

I'm stuck with an old PC that can't run mid-to-late PS2 era games at 800x600, no anti-aliasing, high graphics, without dropping below 30 FPS, so I can't say I identify with your problems.
Even when I had a good PC, 720p with anti-aliasing, at a steady 30 still seemed more than enough. Sometimes I would even sacrifice the resolution for performance/other graphical options, like I did in GTA V and Assetto Corsa. Running at 60 is nice, but is more than that even necessary? My monitor can only go up to 85 FPS anyway, so it doesn't matter. Does it feel smoother if the monitor doesn't display it but the game run in it? Like with up/down/I never know which of these it is/scaling? As in, not as much, but there's still a difference.

Oh and, I'm playing TOCA 3 and it's awesome (well, I hate the difficulty curve. Tarmac races are so easy I can usually win at hard, but then some are really hard, and if the game puts you in an off-road race in the rain, might as well throw the controller at the wall beforehand, at least you won't have to suffer though it). I'm still having fun. I didn't DIE because of the "horrendous" graphics.

Oh stop showing off! Even for people that aren't fu... financially problemed... like me, that's still powerful enough to seem like you are bragging by saying that. I'm sorry if you're not. But it's still annoying...

...and you still have problems with graphics. What even is the point of this discussion again? The cheap, most affordable VR experience doesn't have the best graphics in the whole world. Wow. Since when did the weakest, less powerful machine win a gaming generation?
Well I'm very happy that you didn't DIE because of the horrendous graphics. That would be a first for the gaming world as far as I know.

I wonder what it would be like to drive this in VR?

f7cMX9.gif

I wonder what it would be like to drive this in VR?

It will be the best VR experience you'll ever have the chance of experiencing.
And once you have, you'll never be the same person again. You would have ascended this realm and into another, and morph into a being that humanity has yet to understand, that they have yet to truly comprehend. Then, and only then, will you truly become a race car driver.

Back