Gran Turismo - The Good Music Thread

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 63 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
There's no real place to put this (overall GT thread) but please move somewhere more suitable if needed.

After getting GTS a few days ago, and being a bit disappointed with some of the "music" (especially that awful re-hash of T-Rexs' 20th century boy which seems to pop up in every race!) I thought it might be fun to list what you think are the absolute best tracks from the GT series.

For me, THE GT track is the intro to GT 1, Manic Street Preachers, Chemical Brothers remix, Everything Must Go..... no idea how to embed a video, let's see if this works.

Any other contenders for "Best of GT music"?

Last edited:
For me, the menu music tends to be a lot better in most GT games:

The only in-race track I actually like in GT Sport is “GET UP” by Young Fathers:

Most of the in-race music currently in GT Sport is a little too butt rocky for my taste, so nothing else really stands out to me.

Sport won my musical heart with the menu music, this one in particular is always a joy to listen to:

But kinda let me down on the racing music side, with old but goldies returning (Daiki Kasho) and new additions that left me "meh". Personally I've always been a fan of Feeder songs while racing in GT, with GT3 nailing the best soundtrack prize overall for me since they also threw in Muse.

"Most of the in-race music currently in GT Sport is a little too butt rocky for my taste, so nothing else really stands out to me."

I love this, from GT6 and GTS but it never comes up in a race!

That’s not a bad one.

I love the Sean Hayes/Mark Farina Dream Machine. I always drive better when that comes on.

The original, Rattlesnake Charm is nice too. More organic, less groove. The remix is better to drive to. I've tried both. :lol:

Sport won my musical heart with the menu music, this one in particular is always a joy to listen to:

But kinda let me down on the racing music side, with old but goldies returning (Daiki Kasho) and new additions that left me "meh". Personally I've always been a fan of Feeder songs while racing in GT, with GT3 nailing the best soundtrack prize overall for me since they also threw in Muse.

Feeder.... they had some great GT tracks!

The menu music in GT Sport is very good, with the exception of that French song. As far as intro music goes, My Favourite Game and Everything Must Go stand alone.

Also Moon Over The Castle is objectively terrible.

None of the game intros give me chills quite like GT1. The first few minutes of the GT5 intro come pretty close, though. That raw materials to assembly line montage, coupled with the instrumentals, is pretty cool. Honorable mention goes to GT2 since I’m a Cardigans fan.

Last edited:
I love the menu soundtrack and don't care for in-race music in GTS. This is one of my favorites and one I associate with the tension of the matchmaking screen, seeing all the scary aliens I'll have to compete against. Brilliant choice of music for such an exciting moment.

Another one I love hearing:

My fav GT song; was in GT5 Prologue originally.

To my dismay, if you enable 'Transmission Mode' in GT Sport, this song plays in the menus!

This is slowly becoming my favorite GT intro theme. GT1 also sounds equally as amazing. I really like how both songs have these sort of ominous feel like you are about to indulge in something that goes beyond racing.

Honorable mention to this intro too, Kaz was out of his mind trying to essentially remake GT2 in just one year with the then new and not-developer-friendly PS2.

Back