Gran Turismo v1.1 Differences?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what's been changed in v1.1 compared to version 1.0. I can't find any info on Google about this. Also, do all the cheat codes still work with v1.1?

mostly bug fixes as far as I know, like the car wash cost bug. Nothing major like content and cars. And no, car garage slots have been moved by +F0 hexadecimal/+240 decimal

If you have 1.0 car garage slot codes, you can add (hex)F0 to each code in the address part (example from 80090000 XXXX to 800900F0 XXXX) and that should do the trick (only for garage slots, other things might have moved a different amount).

mostly bug fixes as far as I know, like the car wash cost bug. Nothing major like content and cars. And no, car garage slots have been moved by +F0 hexadecimal/+240 decimal

If you have 1.0 car garage slot codes, you can add (hex)F0 to each code in the address part (example from 80090000 XXXX to 800900F0 XXXX) and that should do the trick (only for garage slots, other things might have moved a different amount).
The car wash error wasn't in GT2?

According to TCRF, the difference between the two versions is that the prize versions of the Civic CRX Si and Civic (Racer) were called the CR-X EF-8 Si-R and Civic Type-R in v1.0, but were renamed to be the same in v1.1.

It was in the 1.0 US version of GT2 at least yeah.
Didn't know tey "fixed" the names later huh. I guess i never really checked GT1 1.1

It was in the 1.0 US version of GT2 at least yeah.
Didn't know tey "fixed" the names later huh. I guess i never really checked GT1 1.1
They sort of fixed them... they still show the original Japanese names in the replay and entry list menus in v1.1.
Also, I think the car slots are the same between NTSC-U v1.0 and v1.1 (and should be the same with PAL too,) I think it's only the NTSC-J version which wouldn't work, since the two Del Sols in Honda's new car lineup were removed.

EDIT: I saw your post in the hidden things thread, I didn't know for sure if they were just hidden or removed entirely. I'm pretty sure the car codes should be compatible with all versions then. There are some incompatible codes though, if I remember correctly the infinite money code is different in v1.1.

Last edited:
I see.. Kind of a half-assed update to names then. Welp.
The car's are still in the game, but they don't have a menu entry. You can buy them using a buy any car code. Yeah i think the money code is different in GT1 1.1 because my money code doesn't work on it, but does on 1.0 x)
I don't have one for 1.1 however

I've just remembered - NTSC-J probably wouldn't be compatible due to the addition of the 427 Stingray and NB Roadster in the Arcade mode of the later versions.
And apparently this is the money Gameshark code for the v1.1 version:
Code:
8009B8F4 CA00
8009B8F6 3B9A

Back