Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
The Barcelona Rallycross race was chaotic as everyone predicted: punts, nudges and penalties galore :odd: You need more luck than skill to win :indiff:

And then Lady Luck decided to be on my side :dopey: Thank you kindly for victory and 260 points, my best result ever :lol:

Congratulations! That overtake on the last lap was :chefskiss:

Yeah total carnage in this race, but a LOT of points on offer. A lot happened in those 8 laps, up to P3 quick before T2, then at worst I fell down to P9. But in the end 193 pts for a P6. I take it for such a chaotic race. P4 or P5 were possible with more 'luck', but could have been worse. Only once have I scored over 200 pts in GT7, so this is one of my best results.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-174439~2.png
    Screenshot_20230107-174439~2.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Nations Cup today

Used the Ford Focus RS Rally for this event.

11am Slot
Quali - was so far off the pace. P10
Race - Had a great start made a few spots. Once we hit the dirt it was as to be expected really. Drift here and there going wide, having bad slow exits or another bashing into you. Was up to P5 at one point but really bad drift meant I lost a place on lap 7 and down to P6. Good finish and didnā€™t really feel like going again.

Jumped on my 2nd account this afternoon to run two race and these were way more enjoyable than the first race. The 2nd race was a close battle.

Quali - better Quali time but a P8 start.
Race - again got a great start. Was upto P2 and have a good battle with 3/4 cars. It was all fairly clean racing. Last lap I made a mistake though and hit the final bollard. This cost me 2 places. Instead of a P4 it was a P6 again, but time a much funner race. Ran a Ken Block Livery for this in my Ford.

Main Account Race -

Fun Ken Block Race -

Last edited:
Today's Nations was somewhat of a meme race, so I decided to enter with my alt and got into a small but quite good top split CSA lobby. I ended up having my best ever score in GTWS and a 300+ one at that! I've been wanting to break 300 for a good while, so I am super happy with this result!

T1 was messy but inconsequential, and I made one of my best ever overtakes on lap 3.

Manu at Autopolis was both good and a bit boring. Good in the sense that, in an all A+ lobby I qualified 4th with a very clumsy lap and then ran in clean air the entire race for p3. One more lap and I would have run down p2.

Boring because, except for getting past a GTR before turn 1, I literally didnā€™t get within 2 seconds of another car until the last sector on the last lap when I almost completed the task of running down p2 on the mediums.

240 points though, so Iā€™m not complaining.

Manu at Autopolis was both good and a bit boring. Good in the sense that, in an all A+ lobby I qualified 4th with a very clumsy lap and then ran in clean air the entire race for p3. One more lap and I would have run down p2.

Boring because, except for getting past a GTR before turn 1, I literally didnā€™t get within 2 seconds of another car until the last sector on the last lap when I almost completed the task of running down p2 on the mediums.

240 points though, so Iā€™m not complaining.
Are the mediums fast enough over the hards to make a 2-stop worth it? It was borderline in my one test run but the car just felt horrid on the hards so may risk it.

Are the mediums fast enough over the hards to make a 2-stop worth it? It was borderline in my one test run but the car just felt horrid on the hards so may risk it.
I donā€™t think a 2 stop is feasible. I ran 8h8m but the difference in lap times was around 1-1.5 seconds per lap on average. Not enough to make a 2 stop work. In hindsight I should have done 7h9m in the RSR.

@OJBrit nice to see a familiar name in the lobby for once. Less said about the rest of my race, the better.

(there was a reason I was last, 1 minute behind. Iā€™m not really that slow)

Dropped 1200 DR points with one major f-up, I don't race a whole lot in one go so that'll take a while to recover.

Last edited:
Unbelievable! How the heck is everyone so fast in my lobby? Yeah screw this round, I hated it anyway with the crazy tire wear. Basically last laps on both mediums and hards the tires were almost fully dead. 7 on meds and 9 on hards in opposite order. Bruh, if this keeps happening, I consider just ditching manufacturers series completely. Especially if my pace is still decent in Nations. I find 0 motivation in racing in the back trying to just avoid last place.

Well that was discouraging, I hope others did better, I was in the wrong lobby, even though the DR says I wasn't šŸ˜“šŸ„¶ (I am close to A+ DR, maybe 46-47K? so probably matchmaking was just fine).

Edit: just had to give a test lobby a go in a different car, same settings as in tonight's Autopolis gr3 race. Guess what? Well on mediums the GT-R was only little faster than a McLaren I tried. But on hards, I was 1 second faster than the GT-R on one lap! šŸ˜± Welp, McLaren is my choice next season. Has a very nice balance for a MR car, and lacks the understeer I sometimes get using FR cars. Also McLaren is better on tires than GT-R.

Attachments

• IMG_20230111_204527061_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230111_204527061_HDR.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi all! Pretty fun combo today, unfortunately there are people who dont know how to racešŸ˜
Got chance to get some good points but this guy...

And another part of his "great" moves...

After all I ended in P6, but had a chance for podium I think

Hi all, only got to enter the manufacturers cup on this round, good race, unfortunately a lot of dirty driversšŸ˜’ does anybody know if there will be more rounds in this season, and If not when will we have season 2?

Last edited:
Very annoyed with myself after first attempt. Messed up badly when pitting, hit the button to not change tyres as I wasn't paying attention and thought it said no refuel. Had to go in again on the next lap, so flustered I picked the wrong compound. A 3-stopper is not a good idea. Last place.

As it was a non-racing incident I decided to break my rule and go again. No pace in the Suzuki, qualified 13th, made up some places as people span out, finished 8th. Meh. I like the car and it can be quick, but very track-dependent. It didn't do well with the long sweeping corners here. Don't think I'll be re-signing for next season.

Backup account down in GT3 (still B/S) went better. Qualified 10th in the BRZ. Why do I always pick the tortoises? Mugged off the rolling start by 2 cars. Made up ground on the mediums, could turn tighter and brake later. Still only managed 8 laps before pitting. Horrid on the hards but managed to hold station. 6th place, 50 points which is my top score. Subaru may be an option for a longer proper season - I'm learning in the TT to like the Gr.4 WRX and the BRZ can have its moments.

Hi all, only got to enter the manufacturers cup on this round, good race, unfortunately a lot of dirty driversšŸ˜’ does anybody know if there will be more rounds in this season, and If not when will we have season 2?
No more rounds this season. There's likely to be at least one more short test/exhibition season before the proper GTWS starts up again for 2023.

Very annoyed with myself after first attempt. Messed up badly when pitting, hit the button to not change tyres as I wasn't paying attention and thought it said no refuel. Had to go in again on the next lap, so flustered I picked the wrong compound. A 3-stopper is not a good idea. Last place.

As it was a non-racing incident I decided to break my rule and go again. No pace in the Suzuki, qualified 13th, made up some places as people span out, finished 8th. Meh. I like the car and it can be quick, but very track-dependent. It didn't do well with the long sweeping corners here. Don't think I'll be re-signing for next season.

Backup account down in GT3 (still B/S) went better. Qualified 10th in the BRZ. Why do I always pick the tortoises? Mugged off the rolling start by 2 cars. Made up ground on the mediums, could turn tighter and brake later. Still only managed 8 laps before pitting. Horrid on the hards but managed to hold station. 6th place, 50 points which is my top score. Subaru may be an option for a longer proper season - I'm learning in the TT to like the Gr.4 WRX and the BRZ can have its moments.

No more rounds this season. There's likely to be at least one more short test/exhibition season before the proper GTWS starts up again for 2023.
Thanks, I can recognize myself in some of your experience, well, it was my first try, it was worth for the experience. Would love do have a another try if they would have another exhibition.

Just the one race for me on the manufactures.
Autopolis not really my most fav track and i struggle to hook up a perfect lap/consistent laps.

Quali - 1.47 which was only good enough for P10

Race - Went for the hard/medium strat. Got a great start and made up 2 places in the first 2 corners. A car ahead made an error which gifted me P7. Made a nice gap to P8 and the end of L7 I decided to pit for mediums. What worried me was I was the only car to pit thenā€¦which then made me question have I got this wrong? Turns out most people started on mediums so pitted a few laps later. Lap 9 one of the lead car exited the pit lane and binned into T1. Whilst rejoining the track they cut right across the track which made me take avoiding action on the grass. Lost 4 seconds and also lost the gap the early pit stop made to P7. Lap 10 the car in net last position was on hard tyres and not yet pitted and running in P5. Going through sector 3 they were so slow and decided to defend the position. Obviously the car ahead did nothing wrong and they are entitled to hold their position which is totally fine by me, but I donā€™t know, common sense surely would have been to not fight for position. In trying make an overtake on this car, they ran me off the road on the final corner before they pitted. This cost me 2 positions. Managed to gain one position back in overtakes and gained 1 more by a car ahead quitting so finished in the end P6.

Thought about going again, but decided against it. Think P6 was the best I could achieve in this race. I was 30odd seconds behind P1 and 8 seconds behind P5. Good to be back doing some GTWS, and hopefully the new season not too far away.

In with @Fezzik for the 6pm slot. Armed with a cup of tea and 2 biscuits I was ready to tackle the track. I had moderate success here in GTS depending on the combo. But I do enjoy driving the track. (More-so than the short course)
I managed a decent P4 on the grid with a time 4 to 5 tenths faster than my meagre practice laps. Seeing as I was far up I decided braking away from those behind was the better option and stayed on Mediums.
Start was clean. The Jag in front was over the 90's Supra in P2. It got passed. The in the final uphill before the bridge the Supra forgot to turn. (Not recommended) So I was up into P3 and a podium.
0fd192f53326a9c070e52afb9d1fb982_photo.webp

P1 was too fast. P2 was just a little quicker than me and I pulled a little on P4. In this nice gap I was able to drive my own race and not worry about any pressure and none came from my brain either. Towards the end of my stint the car behind closed a little whilst I did the same to P2. The 3 of us came in on lap 9. Both me and the Jag were on Meds but P4 was on hards. I knew he would have the pace on me so I was now hoping he would bin it at some point.
I stayed ahead for a couple of laps but when the overtake came into T1 I let it happen. They pulled enough time one me for it not to be worth my while to fight. Besides the M6 was fine on the meds but did not like the hards one bit! Another hard to med runner passed me later on too and whilst I made them go the long way around into T3 I again wasn't going to fight too hard. The last couple of laps were a case of keeping it on the road as I had a 15 second gap behind. So P5 in the end for 60 odd points which will become my highest.
Will see what my randomisation process brings for the next season.
@OJBrit nice to see a familiar name in the lobby for once. Less said about the rest of my race, the better.

(there was a reason I was last, 1 minute behind. Iā€™m not really that slow)

Dropped 1200 DR points with one major f-up, I don't race a whole lot in one go so that'll take a while to recover.
I wondered what happened. I checked the replay and saw you did a hard to hard on lap 1. We've all been there. Live and learn and all that. Nice to see you on track.
This was the last one this season. No news yet on when the next will start.

Qualified a second slower than my usual times which could've had me starting the grid in 2nd. The race went pretty good and pushed hard in the beginning to move up from 8th to 3rd in the first few laps. Pit for Hards after lap 8 and came out in 5th then eventually moving back up to 3rd did my best to keep a steady pace with less traction to hold on until the end. Love this track with the Gr.4 NSX and the Gr.3 version seems to be equally as good here too.

Just got off manufacturerā€™s cup 17:00 est.

To the person in a mustang that punted me while entering the pit after I overtook you cleanly in the second to last turn, making me get a pit line crossing penalty, then waited until the hairpin before the end of the lap to give me the place back right before the penalty line:

** off you dirty **

Edit: thanks for cleaning up my mistakes Mods!! Much appreciated

Last edited:
Just got a 2nd place at manufacturers and the 1st guy finished 32s ahead... My race was really clean. Then I remembered some discussion on this thread about alt accounts...

Not fun lol the rest of the field didn't had a chance. The man was 2s faster per lap!

Just got a 2nd place at manufacturers and the 1st guy finished 32s ahead... My race was really clean. Then I remembered some discussion on this thread about alt accounts...

Not fun lol the rest of the field didn't had a chance. The man was 2s faster per lap!
im sure he felt good about himself though!! šŸ¤£

Was not expecting frickin Peugeot to be in 3rd place in the GT1 Manufacturers standings.

its equal 1st in Europe/Middle East.. šŸ¤£

Last edited:

People shouldnā€™t really be using alts accounts for GTWS just to have ā€œfunā€. I know it only an exhibition season and doesnā€™t really count towards anything but youā€™re basically stealing points off people who are genuinely there racing for these points. Ive seen it with a few people who will race on their main account get a result they are happy with and then jump into the remaining races on the alt account just to have fun.

Have to admit, I will hold my hands up and say over last weekend I did use my use my main & alt account to race in the Nations Cup on that rally race. Thatā€™s the only time too when Iā€™ve used an alt account in GTWS.

Last edited:
Back