Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,561 comments
Grid consisted of several Supra's and Ferrari's, one Mazda, one McLaren and one Genesis.
It seems the Supra is the meta here. I might have to give it a try yet to see how it compares to the 650S.

Last edited:
EMEA GT2 low B/S lobby - 65 points race

No tests in previous days as I was sucked in by the time trial. Tried the NSX in the free practice and didn't like it, so when I entered the race I decided to stick with one of the favourites and a car I never raced in - the McLaren.
Few laps in practice before matchmaking - feeling was ok, not very fast car, but quite nimble round the corners, good drive on exits - this I like.

Qualifying wasn't the best, still getting to grips with the car, first lap was clear and my fastest, on the second when I could improve I got held up by traffic in front. P7 in the end.

On the start guy in 5th didn't read the memo and held on to the brakes for a fraction too long - easy gain.
I got Spanish Supra in front, but error in the esses made him earn 0.5 second penalty. After hairpin we were side by side, but I was on the outside so gave him way to the Spoon. Overtook him when he served his penalty
Started lap 2 with 1.5 seconds gap to the group in front, but good run through the esses brought them within 0.5 second. Too fast through Degner and caught some gravel on the left rear, luckily no spin and quick recovery.
I got British Ferrari and French Supra ahead on places 4th and 3rd respectively. Ferrari was struggling with steering (faulty controller or wheel) as he was all over the place in the corners and yet quite fast. Swiss Ferrari (pole sitter) and Belgian Citroen at the head of the race were on another planet pace-wise.

And yet the Swiss Ferrari spun after turn 15 and was overtaken by a bunch of cars (me included).
British Ferrari (the one with steering problems) ran wide on Spoon and that promoted me to 3rd.
I still struggled a bit with finding the braking points with McLaren, so couldn't pull off from the Brit behind me, but French Supra was around one second ahead. Cutting the last chicane ever so slightly earned me 0.5sec penalty, but didn't loose too much to the Supra ahead.

Nations1-chicane.jpg

Behind, the Swiss Ferrari (the one that spun from second place) was on a mission and gained heaps of time clocking 2:11 laps, he was on my back on lap 6 and lap later I braked early and safely to let him pass on the first corner. Sat back and watched as Ferrari closed in on Supra in a blink of an eye and the fight ensued. French Supra was defending heavily and frankly pointlessly as in result he was going slower and let me catch up to them. He was efectively overtaken before the chicane on lap 7 and I tapped him slightly in the back going through right-left corners. Managed to gain some speed in his slipstream on the main straight, took the inside line and braked just enough to get in front. He tried to give chase but I did my fastest time on that lap (12.8) so I opened quite safe gap.

So in front I had nobody to chase, the first two were already far away, no pressure in the back. Nothing left but to bring the 3rd place home.
A podium and 60 points in my debut in GT2 - I am satisfied.

Nations1-result.jpg
Nations1-podium.jpg

Last edited:
EMEA GT2 low B/S lobby - 65 points race

No tests in previous days as I was sucked in by the time trial. Tried the NSX in the free practice and didn't like it, so when I entered the race I decided to stick with one of the favourites and a car I never raced in - the McLaren.
Few laps in practice before matchmaking - feeling was ok, not very fast car, but quite nimble round the corners, good drive on exits - this I like.

Qualifying wasn't the best, still getting to grips with the car, first lap was clear and my fastest, on the second when I could improve I got held up by traffic in front. P7 in the end.

On the start guy in 5th didn't read the memo and held on to the brakes for a fraction too long - easy gain.
I got Spanish Supra in front, but error in the esses made him earn 0.5 second penalty. After hairpin we were side by side, but I was on the outside so gave him way to the Spoon. Overtook him when he served his penalty
Started lap 2 with 1.5 seconds gap to the group in front, but good run through the esses brought them within 0.5 second. Too fast through Degner and caught some gravel on the left rear, luckily no spin and quick recovery.
I got British Ferrari and French Supra ahead on places 4th and 3rd respectively. Ferrari was struggling with steering (faulty controller or wheel) as he was all over the place in the corners and yet quite fast. Swiss Ferrari (pole sitter) and Belgian Citroen at the head of the race were on another planet pace-wise.

And yet the Swiss Ferrari spun after turn 15 and was overtaken by a bunch of cars (me included).
British Ferrari (the one with steering problems) ran wide on Spoon and that promoted me to 3rd.
I still struggled a bit with finding the braking points with McLaren, so couldn't pull off from the Brit behind me, but French Supra was around one second ahead. Cutting the last chicane ever so slightly earned me 0.5sec penalty, but didn't loose too much to the Supra ahead.

View attachment 1332336

Behind, the Swiss Ferrari (the one that spun from second place) was on a mission and gained heaps of time clocking 2:11 laps, he was on my back on lap 6 and lap later I braked early and safely to let him pass on the first corner. Sat back and watched as Ferrari closed in on Supra in a blink of an eye and the fight ensued. French Supra was defending heavily and frankly pointlessly as in result he was going slower and let me catch up to them. He was efectively overtaken before the chicane on lap 7 and I tapped him slightly in the back going through right-left corners. Managed to gain some speed in his slipstream on the main straight, took the inside line and braked just enough to get in front. He tried to give chase but I did my fastest time on that lap (12.8) so I opened quite safe gap.

So in front I had nobody to chase, the first two were already far away, no pressure in the back. Nothing left but to bring the 3rd place home.
A podium and 60 points in my debut in GT2 - I am satisfied.

View attachment 1332337View attachment 1332338
Nice result for your GT2 debut.
That's my level. Good to see the Citroen is strong - I may switch back from the Mazda if I can squeeze in a quick test session later.

Last edited:
Bit nervous as it’s my first time participating in GT1, not particularly nervous about my pace or result or anything, I just don’t want to make a mistake and end up ruining someone’s race so I must have done around 100 laps today already getting my braking points fully down!

I’m doing practice quali laps consistently between 2:10.500 and 2:11.00 without feeling like I’m driving on the edge now. Any thoughts how that sort of time will fare in low DR A? No idea if that’s accurate to the pace or if I’m way behind

Bit nervous as it’s my first time participating in GT1, not particularly nervous about my pace or result or anything, I just don’t want to make a mistake and end up ruining someone’s race so I must have done around 100 laps today already getting my braking points fully down!

I’m doing practice quali laps consistently between 2:10.500 and 2:11.00 without feeling like I’m driving on the edge now. Any thoughts how that sort of time will fare in low DR A? No idea if that’s accurate to the pace or if I’m way behind
You will be good bud, and that’s great preparation good luck!

How was the tire wear towards the end of the race? I know Suzuka is traditionally hard on tires. Wondering if this is a true sprint race of 10 qualy laps, or if I need to hold back some to save the tires.

Qualified in P6 and got off the line poorly at the beginning of the race (Wasn’t prepared for the grid start 🙆🏻‍♂️) and had to give up 2 positions into t1 as I had to drivers faster up my inside, so carefully let them through to avoid damage

Once I got the tires warmed up I began catching the two drivers who passed me on turn 1 coming towards the end of lap when one of them ran deep into the chicane and refusing to give up his position, he drove straight back onto the chicane perpendicular to me, pushing me off and giving me damage on lap 1 for the remainder of the race, but made a nice recovery drive from p15 back up to 9th despite having damage on my front left tire

Same guy who hit me also began qualifying ahead of me and immediately ignored the pit exit line at the beginning of qualifying giving himself a 3 second penalty on his out lap, and in his eventual hot lap he ran wide at the 2 degna’s and promptly parked himself on the apex of the hairpin and continued racing the drivers who were still on a hot lap behind me until the finish by going two wide with one of them into 130r and squeezing himself through the chicane from what it looked like in my rear view mirror… so maybe I should have known beforehand not to overtake this guy until I had a clean run at him on a straight

Overall a decent clean race besides that, would have preferred not to take the damage in lap 1 but I don’t think it affected my pace all too much, just meant I had to counter steer on the straights 🤣

Last edited:
I ran the 12 EST GT2 slot in the Americas. Mixed lobby -- mostly B/Ss with a few A/Ss. Mostly McLarens -- that's what I drove, too. I was in door 9. 131 points up for grabs.

Qualifying was okay, not great, with a time of 2:12.6, more than a second off my best time in free practice. It was good enough for Q6, though.

I got a good start off the line and picked up a spot to P5 before even reaching T1. The next few laps were pretty uneventful. I did my best to stay with the cars ahead. We were all around the same pace and nobody was making any stupid mistakes. That changed when the P3 and P4 cars decided to go into 130R side-by-side. Unsurprisingly, there was some contact between them and the one on the outside skidded wide, leaving me a clear path to P4, which I took.

gtws-nc-rd1.jpg

From there nothing really changed. With each lap, the gap ahead and behind me was growing. Eventually, all I had left was to put in some decent laps for a P4 finish and 115 points.

That's good enough for me. Won't risk a lower result with another try.

Last edited:
I'll be running my first post GT2 promotion slots from 6pm on tonight. Not sure the painkillers will help with my pace but at least I'm not in as much pain. Going to stick with McLaren for my Nations races because I'm using it for Manu and don't have the energy to learn a new car. If you see me in my white/rainbow/papaya Sky McLaren, heads up lmao (kidding... or am i?).

I do love me some Suzuka though so it won't be all bad.

Have I ever mentioned that Suzuka is my best track? Well it came up trumps again.

Qualified P5 with my only lap. (Sat in the pits just too long.)
Start was beautiful with the 155's 4x4 drivetrain. No TCS needed and it powered into 3rd within a second. I was alongside the polesitter in 2nd (lost out to another 155) but on the outside of T1 was no doing. The first lap was a bit crazy. We were all pretty much nose to tail. The Supra in second goes for it in the hairpin which runs the other 155 a little wide allowing me to sneak past into 2nd. I get alongside the Supra again on the run to Spoon but once more on the outside so have to concede. The now Ferrari behind tries a look into 130R but has to back out of it allowing the pack behind to bunch through the Casio Triangle which leaves us top 2 around 2 seconds ahead at the start of lap 2. More fighting from them gains us more time as we fully pull away. The Supra was 1.5 seconds quicker in qualy than me so it was a case of stick with for as long as possible and aim for a podium. However whilst braking into Spoon they catch the astro and go for a tank slapper giving me the lead!
0ba0540e503d9ced402b7586bbfff331_photo.webp

Now it is a nervous race as I have a 1st to hold onto. Lap 3 and I pick up a cutting penalty at the Casio Triangle. (Seems they have tightened this up a little). After the pen my lead drops to 2 seconds. I have an advantage in that they are fighting and eek out another second. An Italian in a Ferrari eventually makes their way to 2nd and they have the current fastest lap. gulp
They close a little but then they hit a wall. (Figuratively) They can't get any closer than 1.6 seconds and eventually I stretch it back out to 2 seconds towards the end. I hold my nerve and cross for my 5th win!
SHARE_20240228_0652100.jpeg

This is dedicated to Millie our cat who sadly had to be put down on Friday.

A great start to the Nations campaign and a real test of my nerves.

Well, that was an awful result.

I've learned a couple things over the course of a couple FP sessions and two races.

1. As much as I'm not particularly comfortable with Suzuka, I'm not horribly slow. But I'm only fast when other cars aren't around.

2. Leaving room for others only seems to make my race go badly. Mostly because too many others don't leave any room.

GT2
Door 2, Q2.

Worst race I've ever participated in for Nations.

So many people just shoving their way through or blocking passes. I get caught as collateral damage from a lot of other people's shenanigans.

P10. Turned off to the prospect of another race today but I decided to have another go.

GT2

Door 3, Q3.

A bit cleaner, but still a poor result. On Lap 3 I'm in a small cluster of cars. Two McLaren's ahead of me, one about to serve a penalty. An Alfa hot on my rear bumper onto the straight before 130R.

The Alfa appears to be making a move on the inside and I leave room for them but they back off. I'm still wide though and just put my right rear tire past the white line on exit before the curbing. Bye-bye...

18df114567594-screenshotUrl.jpg

I lose it, get hit by the Alfa, nose into the left wall. By the time I rejoin the track I'm P14.

I manage to claw back up to P9, for sightly more points than before.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come this season.

I may well take a break from the game for a while. These Wednesday races are just pure hell for me. Trying to do this after a stressful day at work is just horrible and my DR is in freefall.

I had my first slot ruined by a McLaren starting in front of me who botched turn 1, causing several people to get past. I got dived and shoved so lost more positions. The McLaren then got 130R wrong and slammed into me from behind.

I then screwed up my qualifying on the second try, and ultimately made the same mistake as the McLaren, getting 130R wrong then finding the car just won't stop even whilst trying to compensate for it by braking earlier, so I hit someone. I'm currently sat in the pits waiting for it to end.

Last edited:
My first race in GT2 and first place was 90 something points.
Started P11 because I could only do 1 Lap before time ran out. Someone in the front forgot to start or something and I managed to avoid the chaos mostly and was P5 until Lap 6 when I spun twice in one lap. Was back at P13 after that and finished in P10 for a bit over 50 points. P9 would have been possible but the driver in front decided to hit me 3 times in the side and the 4th hit send me in the grass.

Not bad for my fist GT2 race but would have been P7 oder P8 without those mistakes. My heart was pounding like crazy in that race. Need to calm down a bit or I'll get a heart attack 😅

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion (after doing multiple of those 20 lap Race C's) that when someone tries to make a move on turn 15 (the high speed left elbow if i got the turn # wrong) it's every man for himself. Every single other time I've tried to just race close I've been shoved off or spun. Even letting them tuck in front of me, I have people dive bombing from behind and hitting my rear quarter and spinning me. If I try to beat them to the corner, they catch up by using me to brake. I straight up hate that turn and i've gone two wide through the entire rest of Suzuka at some point.

I'm sure it's not even fully on purpose but no one EVER leaves enough room on the outside when they force a move on the inside. Even if I see the push wide coming and try to ride it out without applying any wheel/gas/brake once my wheels touch non-pavement, I end up with an oversteer spin somehow and into the left wall losing a TON of time.

I may well take a break from the game for a while. These Wednesday races are just pure hell for me. Trying to do this after a stressful day at work is just horrible and my DR is in freefall.

I feel the same way. I would rather run both a Nations and Manu race on the same Saturday than do these Wednesday races, especially during busy times of year.

Last edited:
Have I ever mentioned that Suzuka is my best track? Well it came up trumps again.

Qualified P5 with my only lap. (Sat in the pits just too long.)
Start was beautiful with the 155's 4x4 drivetrain. No TCS needed and it powered into 3rd within a second. I was alongside the polesitter in 2nd (lost out to another 155) but on the outside of T1 was no doing. The first lap was a bit crazy. We were all pretty much nose to tail. The Supra in second goes for it in the hairpin which runs the other 155 a little wide allowing me to sneak past into 2nd. I get alongside the Supra again on the run to Spoon but once more on the outside so have to concede. The now Ferrari behind tries a look into 130R but has to back out of it allowing the pack behind to bunch through the Casio Triangle which leaves us top 2 around 2 seconds ahead at the start of lap 2. More fighting from them gains us more time as we fully pull away. The Supra was 1.5 seconds quicker in qualy than me so it was a case of stick with for as long as possible and aim for a podium. However whilst braking into Spoon they catch the astro and go for a tank slapper giving me the lead!
0ba0540e503d9ced402b7586bbfff331_photo.webp

Now it is a nervous race as I have a 1st to hold onto. Lap 3 and I pick up a cutting penalty at the Casio Triangle. (Seems they have tightened this up a little). After the pen my lead drops to 2 seconds. I have an advantage in that they are fighting and eek out another second. An Italian in a Ferrari eventually makes their way to 2nd and they have the current fastest lap. gulp
They close a little but then they hit a wall. (Figuratively) They can't get any closer than 1.6 seconds and eventually I stretch it back out to 2 seconds towards the end. I hold my nerve and cross for my 5th win!
View attachment 1332412

This is dedicated to Millie our cat who sadly had to be put down on Friday.

A great start to the Nations campaign and a real test of my nerves.
Congrats on the win and my condolances for loosing your cat.

Last edited:
First race in NA time slot. GT2 DR B SR S
Started P7. Spun on first lap. Finished p14? Lets run that again

Slot 2 12p.
Quali 2nd. Door 12 @Moose78 in the race as well.
Got away cleanly in P2. P1 was clearly faster so no point in trying to catch him. Run my own race and put a gap on P3. Had pressure from P3 for a few laps but he made and error and gap upto 3 seconds. Focused on bringing home that P2 which I did. 126 points so I am very happy.
IMG_2519.jpeg

Last edited:
Posted earlier stating that I was nervous for my first time in GT1 for the nations cup. After a rough first race where I took damage in lap 1 but finished 9th I decided I would try once more

Set a quali time of 2:11.150 which was good enough for P2. I only had 1 lap during quali too as the cars in front of me piled up in traffic and although I was going purple in sector 1 we all had to abandon our laps when we were presumably all red by sector 2

Started on the inside opposed to the outside which was better as I got off slow in the first race and got pushed to the outside of the track

Got a perfect start and caught p1 (Supra) sleeping off the line, and decided to just take it slow through sector 1 as the cold tires after quali really catches you by surprise and by the time we got degna 1 I had pulled out a .900 lead as the 2-3 cars behind me were pushing too hard off cold tires and were dipping into the grass through the Esses.

From there I got the head down and started churning out the laps. Fastest lap I had was 2:11.200 and the slowest was 2:11.800. The supra was quick on the straights but he struggled through sector 1, Spoon and the final chicane but he couldn’t put together a good enough lap to fully close the gap and I ran away with a win with P2 coming in 2 seconds behind me! Probably the best race I’ve ever done!

I had my fastest lap pipped from in lap 9 by the fast Spanish driver in 3rd who I think had he been starting closer to the top would have probably caught me as his lap times were also consistent when he got into clear air.

But overall, I’m extremely happy. My first time racing in GT1, first time in DR A and also my first time winning a World Series Race 😅

Lobby was very polite and friendly too and I think the race was clean overall as I didn’t see many red arrows for SR

What a race and looking forward to the Capuccino at Road Atlanta now!

25667DB1-38E0-409B-A500-26FAFBD0E43F.jpeg

Well, that was an awful result.

I've learned a couple things over the course of a couple FP sessions and two races.

1. As much as I'm not particularly comfortable with Suzuka, I'm not horribly slow. But I'm only fast when other cars aren't around.

2. Leaving room for others only seems to make my race go badly. Mostly because too many others don't leave any room.

GT2
Door 2, Q2.

Worst race I've ever participated in for Nations.

So many people just shoving their way through or blocking passes. I get caught as collateral damage from a lot of other people's shenanigans.

P10. Turned off to the prospect of another race today but I decided to have another go.

GT2

Door 3, Q3.

A bit cleaner, but still a poor result. On Lap 3 I'm in a small cluster of cars. Two McLaren's ahead of me, one about to serve a penalty. An Alfa hot on my rear bumper onto the straight before 130R.

The Alfa appears to be making a move on the inside and I leave room for them but they back off. I'm still wide though and just put my right rear tire past the white line on exit before the curbing. Bye-bye...

View attachment 1332413

I lose it, get hit by the Alfa, nose into the left wall. By the time I rejoin the track I'm P14.

I manage to claw back up to P9, for sightly more points than before.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come this season.
Still, that's an impressive fastest lap you did in practice, especially with a Porsche!! :bowdown: :bowdown::cheers:

Made it back from work on time for a tiny bit of practice and a race. GT2, low B/S.

#14 on the door. Messed up the timing and only managed one quali lap, P11 in the Mazda. Many Supras and McLarens as expected, some Ferraris as well.

Start was quite good in the FWD, held position and got round turn 1 unscathed. Picked off a few on the first couple of laps and was running P6 for a while. A little bit of doorbanging as befitting my livery

IMG_4165.jpeg

but no penalties. Gradually dropped back to P9 as I didn’t really fight moves and made a couple of errors.

53 meaningless points and improvements to DR/SR. A decent return to competitive racing. Not expecting much from Suzuki Saturday as I truly suck in road cars, so concentrating on round 3. Sardegna A / Gr2 seems perfect for the magnificent CLK-LM.

Still, that's an impressive fastest lap you did in practice, especially with a Porsche!! :bowdown: :bowdown::cheers:
My time doing the online time trials pays off there! If only I could have managed a lap like that in qualifying. Would've been good for Q1 in either of my races. In both sessions I got bogged down a bit by traffic.

Back