Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,567 comments
Any other Americas drivers jealous of the nationality diversity of the euro region races? Feel like we have USA, Canada, Brazil, and then maybe the odd Argentinian and that's it.

Like I feel using a USA livery in the nations cup would just feel like "yeah, you and all the rest of us bud".
Agree. Maybe PD could figure out a way to incorporate state/province flags into the leader board to give it a bit more variety.

Got into the 5:00 slot and started Q4. Wow! Over the course of the race I lose a position, I gain it back and build a cushion, back to P4. Lap 8 I have a comfortable gap and tell myself, “You can relax a bit. Just don’t overcook T1 and you’ll be fine.” So of course I screw it all up, leave the track and top to P8. Since only 15 people raced I didn’t even gain any DR (which I badly need).

I’d like to go back and do another race, but I’m not waiting around for 1 1/2 hours to probably do just about the same. Thanks PD for this no-strategy sprint. This was unfun. I’m not doing another.

Today was a milestone for me. I finally won an esports seasonal event race at Suzuka. I've won many daily races there, but for some reason, winning a Nations/Manufacturers race has always eluded me. I love Suzuka, but it never loved me back. I managed to break into the 2:09s in quali, which set me up for the rest of the race. The strategy, was to go as hard as possible for 10 laps and hope to break the drivers behind me. There's always that one guy who just won't go away, Today that guy was an Austrian called iron_max_1406 I ended up beating him by a tenth of a second. 270pts and absolute scenes in my living room! A great start to the season.

Attachments

• 20240229_003256~2.jpg
    20240229_003256~2.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240228_192707~2.jpg
    20240228_192707~2.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 5
  • 20970147197573539 (1).jpg
    20970147197573539 (1).jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240229_010532.jpg
    20240229_010532.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
First nation cup DR A race ever, I did not prepare much. I hate Wednesday race, tired after work etc...
Went with the McLaren meta car, break balance -3.
I did Q6,

During the race, I Spin out 2 times,
At beginning of Lap 10, I m down to P10, at the starting lnline straight, I reach up to P9, bump draft him past P8. We both gain a position.

Then we pass a ghost who lost control, It is getting exciting!
I try a move on the the car I bumped draft, passing at the exterior of the curve at 130R, it does not work and the guy behind take the opportunity, I lose a position. Get back at him at the casio triangle, I am about to pass him at the last curve before the finish, but he blocks me left and right like crazy...finish P10, 63 pts

I was too eager at 130R, tried something I never did before, Had I waited for the casio triangle I would have had a better chance ... Oh well...

Overall, it was fun however.

I was done with both of my races by lap 2. This race is cursed.
It’s not cursed: it’s just really ******* stupid for a “World Series” event. I was bored halfway through a ten lap race and couldn’t wait for it to be over because there’s absolutely no strategy. I had more fun doing quali laps! Racing 20 minutes and waiting for 40 or 1:40 (depending on your class) is just . . .

There’s no good way to finish that thought. It defies reason.

I ran the 18:00 slot in North America. Mostly B/S lobby worth 138 points door 13.

It was really uneventful and processional for me in the Supra. Started Q10 within a second of pole in a tight group. Other than a couple of scuffles and mistakes ahead, nothing really happened.

Finished 6th for 108 points, and around 10 seconds from P1.

This was my first sport mode race since since the last GTWS race, but it didn't feel 'special' at all.

First slot didn't go so well. Flubbed my flying lap in qualifying and had to settle for a +4 second laptime that put me 10th on the grid. Got front bumper and front left wheel damage in the first corner and had to do the entire race like that. Moved up to 7th for a minute, but then fell all the way back to 13th or 14th I think. Don't even recall but I think I might have worked back up to 10th by the end.

2nd slot went much better. Q'd OK, 7th on the grid. Quickly worked up to 5th by the end of the first lap I think. Later on picked off 4th and was prepared to settle for that by the finish. On the last lap 3rd spun out going through the Casio Triangle handing the last podium spot to me. I took it and happily ran off into the sunset :D

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

This is probably alot further away than it looks/feel I'm guessing :D

IMG_2755 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Frustrating day today. I'm right on the edge of A+ DR in NA. I had some good practice times, so I was thinking with some solid results I could get there...

Slot 1, a mostly A+ lobby. I qualified 4th and had some great battles in the top 5 until lap 7, when someone decided to shove me into the wall on the back straight for absolutely no reason. Huge car damage and I barely hung on for 11th.

Slot 2, about half A+. Qualified 3rd, and held it until turn 4, when someone turned in about 100 feet early, ran through the dirt and into my side, pushing me off the track where I fell to last. Had the rest of the race to fight my way back up to 6th, getting a little of that DR back.

Slot 3, error during qualifying...

Some early Cappuccino practice and this is looking like a combo that will be decided by track limit penalties. Have fun, everyone!

Last edited:
Tough final slot NA GT1 A/S lobby. Qualified 7th in the Supra with a 2:10.7 or something. Polesitter was a McLaren with a 2:08.6!!!

Uneventful start, grabbed P6 on lap two, and then it was a train until the end with one or two second gaps. Was closing in on P2-P5 as P2-P4 started dropping time but ran out of laps, 1.9s outside the top 5.

P6, 165 points, and a DR boost. Pretty OK I guess. I suppose the combo didn't gel with me.

Last edited:
Run off the road again on lap 2 this time, what a waste of an evening. No wonder I haven’t done a race in 2 years, definitely wasn’t missing out on anything.

Was watching Z28 stream at work today and saw you in the same lobby. Looked like you Q’d 4th or 5th. Was watching the leaderboard to see where you were at, and saw you were out of the top 10. Guess that’s the reason why. Bummer, man

Last edited:
Frustrating day today. I'm right on the edge of A+ DR in NA. I had some good practice times, so I was thinking with some solid results I could get there...

Slot 1, a mostly A+ lobby. I qualified 4th and had some great battles in the top 5 until lap 7, when someone decided to shove me into the wall on the back straight for absolutely no reason. Huge car damage and I barely hung on for 11th.

Slot 2, about half A+. Qualified 3rd, and held it until turn 4, when someone turned in about 100 feet early, ran through the dirt and into my side, pushing me off the track where I fell to last. Had the rest of the race to fight my way back up to 6th, getting a little of that DR back.

Slot 3, error during qualifying...

Some early Cappuccino practice and this is looking like a combo that will be decided by track limit penalties. Have fun, everyone!

Sorry slot 2 was rough and slot 3 spit you out. I was in both and you may recognize this pass after the chicane where I got dive bombed into the grass by that Supra behind me. I bled dr in both races I did tonight because I spun on lap 9 and finished p14.

In that next lobby that ejected you I ended p12 with 147 point and took 1200 DR loss for the evening. I’m sure you suffered a big hit from getting dropped which sucks.

IMG_6621.jpeg

I ran in a 7 pm CST GT3 lobby, with mid D/S drivers in various machines, including a pair of Silvia Touring Cars and a Genesis, and 16 points for 1st/2nd. I wore door #16, so as usual, I didn't qualify. My practice time of 2:14.6 would have been almost 2 seconds off the 2:12.8 pole set by somebody in a Viper, and would have put me mid-pack.

The disconnects came early, as somebody didn't make it through qualifying. I ended up starting 15th, the only driver to not take a time. It was a slow, but clean race...until I overcooked it to start lap 10 while in P9. I thought I was clear coming back onto the track, and stayed high, but somebody else was rather high in that corner, hit me flush, and (undeservedly) got a 3-second penalty. We waited up for each other while I tried to clean off my tires, then I waited up for him while he served his penalty. He got another penalty for track limits, so I ended up 12th, with 9 points.

Attempt 2 was in a lower-point lobby, with me wearing door #10 and needing to get to 8th to get 9 points. I binned it in Degner on my qualifying lap, so I ran into the pits to avoid taking a time, and started 16th/last, the second of 2 drivers to not take a time. Despite a few mistakes, I did manage 8th, mostly because 5 drivers DNF'ed.

2023-2024 Nations Exhibition // Season 3 - Round 1
Suzuka - Group 4 - McLaren
DR A+/S Lobby

Slot 1

Feels like its been forevor since I raced last. My kid took over my PS5 and I had to save some bills so I could get him one for his birthday. Then, I could have mine back, LOL. His birthday was the 26th, so it was just in time for Nations. Practice went well Monday and Tuesday, but I couldn't decide which car, but finally pulled the trigger on the McLaren since I didn't run off track as much in the Macca.

Before going out on course, I saw I had @Pigems and @Spider-Racer in the lobby along with many other familiar screen names including one infamous driver. I was surprised when a certain name that rhymes with SLY wasn't the culprit in Pigems video above. During qualy I was able to manage a 2:10 flat and was pretty shocked to find myself in P2 to start the race. This quickly turned from an expected mid pack finish to a possible battle for a win!

I had an amazing launch and took the lead in T1. After a failed pass by p2 in Casio and another racer running off track at Spoon, I found @Spider-Racer filling up my rear view mirror. I wasn't stressing as bad as I usually do in the lead, but I couldn't seem to shake my ghost in P2. I managed to hold on with no errors and under constant pressure until lap 9 when @Spider-Racer channeled his inner Sena and put his car in the gap at the hairpin. It was a fair move, he squeezed that sucker right under me. I left too much space and didn't defend early enough after getting lulled to sleep by Spiders kindness, lol.

Not long after that, I lost P2 to in Spoon battling with Spider. With one lap to go, I had no answers for the two in front. Their race pace was just better. In fact, I had to hold off p4 in the final turns to take home the final spot on the podium. I know a lot of folks had a boring race. Not the case for me! It was a great race and really enjoyed it regardless of losing the lead. Congrats to @Spider-Racer for his P2. Well done. Sorry @Pigems wasn't right there with us. Would've enjoyed seeing your door next to mine. 285 points and a podim, so I called it a night.

Did 2 races in my us account. Started on pole on both, bottled the start on the first one by starting on 2nd gear and had to climb from p7 to p2. Didn't make the same mistake on race 2 and lead the race from start to finish. Even got the pole, fastest lap, and clean race stars 🌟

The qualifying was brutal. Had to rely on the last lap to get a lap. On the 2nd race I crossed the line with 0 seconds to open a 2nd qualifying lap 😵

I've outgrown my rating and I am almost DR B ( the bar is completely full) on this secondary account. Still DR C on my main account though. These results would have come in handy 😆

Last edited:
They Nerfed the Toyota GT86, which was already struggling. Not sure what PD were thinking with that one. Looks like Porsche is the Manufacturer to go for now.

2023-2024 Nations Exhibition // Season 3 - Round 1
Suzuka - Group 4 - McLaren
DR A+/S Lobby

Slot 1

Feels like its been forevor since I raced last. My kid took over my PS5 and I had to save some bills so I could get him one for his birthday. Then, I could have mine back, LOL. His birthday was the 26th, so it was just in time for Nations. Practice went well Monday and Tuesday, but I couldn't decide which car, but finally pulled the trigger on the McLaren since I didn't run off track as much in the Macca.

Before going out on course, I saw I had @Pigems and @Spider-Racer in the lobby along with many other familiar screen names including one infamous driver. I was surprised when a certain name that rhymes with SLY wasn't the culprit in Pigems video above. During qualy I was able to manage a 2:10 flat and was pretty shocked to find myself in P2 to start the race. This quickly turned from an expected mid pack finish to a possible battle for a win!

I had an amazing launch and took the lead in T1. After a failed pass by p2 in Casio and another racer running off track at Spoon, I found @Spider-Racer filling up my rear view mirror. I wasn't stressing as bad as I usually do in the lead, but I couldn't seem to shake my ghost in P2. I managed to hold on with no errors and under constant pressure until lap 9 when @Spider-Racer channeled his inner Sena and put his car in the gap at the hairpin. It was a fair move, he squeezed that sucker right under me. I left too much space and didn't defend early enough after getting lulled to sleep by Spiders kindness, lol.

Not long after that, I lost P2 to in Spoon battling with Spider. With one lap to go, I had no answers for the two in front. Their race pace was just better. In fact, I had to hold off p4 in the final turns to take home the final spot on the podium. I know a lot of folks had a boring race. Not the case for me! It was a great race and really enjoyed it regardless of losing the lead. Congrats to @Spider-Racer for his P2. Well done. Sorry @Pigems wasn't right there with us. Would've enjoyed seeing your door next to mine. 285 points and a podim, so I called it a night.

Great Job! Sounds like an epic battle!

I had 2 cracks at the race yesterday down in GT3, 7:00pm and 8:00pm GMT. Race 1 I opt for to drive the 650s. Heading out lap for qualifying, I think I was 6 or 7 out the pits, on the out lap I leave a gap of about 1-1.5 seconds to the driver ahead, to make space for a flying lap. Then at the hairpin, someone named Jorge, in Martini liveried Alfa 155 ( Hi Jorge 🖕), decides to just punt me out the way, like he's in a hurry to get somewhere! My 2 quali laps were average at best, placing me 4th despite it being 2 seconds off my best practice. Horrible start, got swallowed by the pack at turn 1, then bumped and pushed all the way down to 13th. regained several places before eventually finishing 11th.
After such an appalling race one, I jumped straight back in, but this time in the 458. Managed a slightly better QT but again started 4th. This time my start was good, and avoided any T1/T2 carnage. Found myself in third with a 4 second gap to 4th within the first couple of laps. P1 & P2 were clearly faster, but P2 kept making mistakes allowing me to catch and pass, only to be repassed, a lap or 2 later. Fortunately our duel was clean and kept it interesting for the length of the race. Happy with a 3rd, I called it a day.
I checked the leagues this morning and hilariously my measly 33 point haul has me 66th in the UK after round 1!

Last edited:
A very undramatic race report from me. My DR is currently the highest it's been, 39% A, and I believe a bit higher than my speed deserves, so I'm not expecting great finishes in this championship.

Was pleased with my qualifying lap that put me 6th, up to 5th off the line. From there ran a clean race, slipping back three places to faster drivers as the race went on to bring it home in 8th. Overall happy with that result, I simply didn't have the speed to beat any of the 7 drivers ahead of me and got the best result I could.

Back