Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,580 comments
That was a hard fought one. Q'd 2nd on the grid, battled a bit with the leader then took the lead around 1/2 way mark. The guy I was dicing with for the lead caught a penalty and fell back, but he actually caught up after I made a few mistakes and on the last lap came by me when I goofed T5. Then he went a little wide and I got a better drive coming out of T7 onto the back straight allowing me to pull right alongside. We went into the T10 complex side by side but I had the inside line so I ran it in a little deeper to capitalize and we were very close coming up the bridge. I tried to close the door moving to the right and that's when I noticed he caught a 1 sec penalty and we pretty much cross the line at the same time.

That's my first win in a little bit. I felt like this one was kind of in the bag but I definitely had to earn it because I wasn't going near as quick in the race as I was in practice, even out in the wide open without traffic.

IMG_2765.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2764.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone pick a Manu yet in GT1 can tell me the leaderboard car for GV?

ETA - I am not sure if the leaderboards were reset after 1.43. If not, may be a moot question.
Idk, I just pick a personal favorite and try to do the best among everyone else who picked the same. Thinking of choosing Genesis since my folks both own a model from them.

Last edited:
That was a hard fought one. Q'd 2nd on the grid, battled a bit with the leader then took the lead around 1/2 way mark. The guy I was dicing with for the lead caught a penalty and fell back, but he actually caught up after I made a few mistakes and on the last lap came by me when I goofed T5. Then he went a little wide and I got a better drive coming out of T7 onto the back straight allowing me to pull right alongside. We went into the T10 complex side by side but I had the inside line so I ran it in a little deeper to capitalize and we were very close coming up the bridge. I tried to close the door moving to the right and that's when I noticed he caught a 1 sec penalty and we pretty much cross the line at the same time.

That's my first win in a little bit. I felt like this one was kind of in the bag but I definitely had to earn it because I wasn't going near as quick in the race as I was in practice, even out in the wide open without traffic.

View attachment 1333447
View attachment 1333448
View attachment 1333449
Hey we were in the race together! I took 7th… Qualifying was tough for I had people mess up in front of me. During the race, the car got away from me twice.. in the same spot… right before the downhill S section. I could have fought for 5th. I was babying the car also trying not to get a penalty.. but the race was fun! It’s crazy how I felt like I was going fast even though the car obviously lacks power. Congrats on your win!🏆

IMG_7686.jpeg

I'm not quite sure how to approach the next Nations Cup race at Sardegna. I'm guessing the meta is going to be the CLK, but I don't own one, and it isn't available to buy at the Legendary Car dealership. I'd like to do some practice outside of the Free Practice to see how it drives with the weight of gas and worn tires, and to work out pit strategies.

Has anybody done any testing yet? Are the other Gr.2 cars at all viable against the CLK in the 14-lap GT2 race? Or will I have to go with a rental CLK and forego any race preparation besides hot laps in Free Practice?
The CLK was meta at Deep Forest a few weeks back, by a fair bit. Sardegna is a similar track, long wide open straight aways.

I got nuthin'... I dunno, I can TT these cars but can't seem to race them well. GT1, got caught in traffic in qualy, started Q12. The first couple laps were fun and promising, made it to P7 before the straight on lap1. Some good close racing there. But I would fall off the pace, guys with penalties would catch me on the next lap until I was doing laps by myself. Came home in P10.

I did manage a consolation prize of a CRB, however :)

I hope it shows up soon for purchase.
Not until Mar 9, according to this thread.

The CLK was meta at Deep Forest a few weeks back, by a fair bit. Sardegna is a similar track, long wide open straight aways
Yeah. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it can do the fastest lap. It looks like tire wear might play a bigger role in this week's Nations Cup race than it did at the Deep Forest one. How is the CLK on tires compared to the other Gr.2 cars? If it is worse, there might be an opportunity for some of the other cars to run their RS tires longer and come out ahead, even if they have a slower lap time.

I wish I had a CLK of my own so I could answer these questions for myself.

Last edited:
If I'm able to race on wednesday I'll just go with the old NSX and hope for the best. At my current DR there's nothing I could do in a Gr.2 race, even with the meta car, so at least I'll enjoy my favorite one. I may even be faster on the NSX, since I trust I can push the gas pedal (trigger for me) earlier.

Does the DRS in the Audi make a difference? Tried the Gr2 cars I own (SC430, 16' GTR, Audi and the NSX Concept) and from the driving I like the Audi most so far but not really a Audi fan 😅

I did the 7 pm CST GT3 slot. I had #2 with a bullet in a room that was paying 10 points for 1st-3rd, but since I'm rather inconsistent, I skipped qualifying. I shouldn't have because pole was 2:00 flat, so instead, I started 14th, first of two to not take a time.

I started making passes early because all but 3 were either running automatic transmissions or were manually shifting at the redline (and one of the 3 who wasn't waiting for the redline was shifting way too late), but had the game not ghosted the car behind me, I would have been run over in turn 7 on lap 1 as I was avoiding running over another car. In fact, his ghost got into the trunk of the car I was trying to stay off of before his driving aids fully kicked in.

I kept on making time and passes, and by lap 5, after the first sub-2:00 lap of the race (by anybody), I was easily into 4th and about to get into a fight with the leaders.

The fight started a bit earlier than I anticipated, as on lap 6, the leader's automatic transmission got stuck in 3rd on the back straight. That allowed 2nd and 3rd (the other 2 drivers who knew when to shift) to pass him, and he retaliated against 3rd by using him as his brake in turn 10A (that, or he simply didn't adjust for the fact that he was now in traffic). I came to the area just as third place was struggling to get out of the sand, and thinking he was merely slow, I set up for a lane-high entry into turn 10B. He hadn't fully regained control and came up across my nose; fortunately, the game ghosted us, and I grabbed the position.

I went on to get by 2nd (who had the right shift strategy but kept getting penalties) and 1st to run away with my first win on this account. Ten points is ten points, and I got a decent DR boost whilst keeping the maxed-out SR. I had 5 of the 6 sub-2:00 laps in the race, including the fastest.

@Moose78 and @Timm Sheehan, you can rent cars in Nations Cup, so while you won't be able to do tire/fuel tests, you at least can do time trials and race with cars you don't own.

Last edited:
@Moose78 and @Timm Sheehan, you can rent cars in Nations Cup, so while you won't be able to do tire/fuel tests, you at least can do time trials and race with cars you don't own.
Yes, renting is an option but I would rather drive a car I am comfortable with than rush to get familiar with a new car within this short period (3.5 days +/-). I am not good at picking up cars without a lot of practice and not sure there is enough time remaining.

Yes, renting is an option but I would rather drive a car I am comfortable with than rush to get familiar with a new car within this short period (3.5 days +/-). I am not good at picking up cars without a lot of practice and not sure there is enough time remaining.
I hear you, though it worked out for me tonight. Fortunately, I semi-remembered that the Cappuccino doesn't like to be revved. What cheesed me (though not as much as the wasted Daily A race on the Plus account, though that's a story for a different thread) was the fact that I had to burn my stock driver car so I could put a livery on.

2023-2024 Nations Exhibition // Season 3 - Round 2
Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta - Cappuccino
DR A+/S Lobby

Slot 1

I had my fingers crossed that enough people joined this race to keep me in 2nd split, but no such luck. Room opened and Doodle and Cyrus were on the board so I knew I was in the wrong place! Door 11. And I wasn't alone. Fellow GT planet regular @GTWolverine was hanging out in the lobby with me. We said hello and then went out on track to put in a qualifying lap.

I manage to squeeze in a 1:32.8xx which I felt was a great lap, but it was nowhere near the 1:31.4xx or so that Doodle put down. I have no words. Some of these guys are just blazing fast. HOWEVER, it was good enough to start the race in P6!

All I wanted to do was be consistent and not get any penalties. I stuck to my guns, did not commit any infractions, and picked up a Greddy Pass while fending off a couple assaults from behind on laps 8 and 9 and managed, somehow, to hold on to p5. 305 points!! I was very pleased with that. Cappuccino was actually kind of fun to drive....turning it in early and sliding it to the apex was pretty satisfying when you got it right.:D

Last edited:
I actually enjoyed this race, I knew the racing would be close, so I had to be on my (A) game, when it came to racecraft. My TT time was a 52.776 but I was nowhere near that in quali. A measly 53.6 put me 10th on the grid, in slot 1, EMEA. I had #4 on my door, so I knew I had to work hard to make up positions. Turns out my race pace was better than most of rhe field, except the top 2 guys up front (who were flying) with consistent 54's/53's per lap. I saw people literally getting killed by penalties, and took full advantage of this. By around lap 5/6 I was already in 4th place. To cut a long story short, I caught the guy in 3rd, after he received a 0.5 sec penalty on the final lap, but in my eagerness to pass him, I overcooked the last chicane, before the run up to the bridge onto the straight, and left the right side open for him to retake 3rd. Finished 4th (my door number) with 236 pts and managed to gain 6 places in an A+ lobby. Decided to use this as a banker round. Waiting 1hr 30 mins for a 20 minute race, is just not viable on a Saturday, when my kids are asking me to do activities with them. Currently on 506 pts for the first 2 rounds, so it's already been a fairly successful season, so far. I'll go into the next two rounds hoping to improve on my last round, but I'll have more fun doing it, knowing I've achieved my goal of 500 pts for the 2 counted round. Hope you all had a good race!

Yeah. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it can do the fastest lap. It looks like tire wear might play a bigger role in this week's Nations Cup race than it did at the Deep Forest one. How is the CLK on tires compared to the other Gr.2 cars? If it is worse, there might be an opportunity for some of the other cars to run their RS tires longer and come out ahead, even if they have a slower lap time.

I’ve done a couple of full grid practice races in the CLK and was comfortably able to do 12/13 laps on the softs. There won’t be a wear advantage for the other cars.

NA 8P EST Slot GT2 All B/S drivers
Door 1 Q1 P1 107 points
Was hoping for a lobby with more points up for grabs.
Q1:53.762
Basically just worked to put a gap on P2 and minimize penalties. Gap up to ~2 second on p2 when I grab a 0.5 pen.
Managed to keep the lead and gap up to 4 seconds by end of race. Overall uneventful. While wanting to try again , race is too stressful with track limits.

IMG_2526.jpeg

Last edited:
I hear you, though it worked out for me tonight. Fortunately, I semi-remembered that the Cappuccino doesn't like to be revved. What cheesed me (though not as much as the wasted Daily A race on the Plus account, though that's a story for a different thread) was the fact that I had to burn my stock driver car so I could put a livery on.
Rented on to see how it handled during a QT for Wednesday's race, not bad at all. It felt just like the Audi with matching times (for me).

The cappuccino race was rally fun.
I could only do the GT1 22:00 pm, last slot of the day.
Q9, P5. Everyone around me raced cleanly.

I took advantage of other's shortut penality to gain position.
Some guy taking a defensive inside line at some point, he was probably not used to it and lost control.
Reminded me the importance of practicing breaking points of different racing lines.

I ran two races yesterday and somehow in each one I got stuck behind someone who didn’t seem to realize the race had started. I was already getting mobbed by turn 1 and never could recover. My e they were automatic transmission players? I don’t know, but it was crappy luck for sure. I would have done a third race if I hadn’t had to wait another hour-and-a-half!!! What a dumb set-up.
I'd guess it is because the pool of players in GT1 is smaller than GT2 and GT3. They have to reduce the number of slots to ensure that they have enough players in each one to ensure close matching.
I suppose this is true. But to have them two hours apart is aggravating!
I don't mind there being fewer slots, but why do they all have to be in the evening? A mid-day, a mid-afternoon and an evening slot would be much better.
This is aggravating as well. If they’re going to make us wait an extended time, at least they could give us more options than evening. It makes me want to drop down to GT2 for these races just so I have more options to have fun races that they aren’t giving us in the dailies.

I saw a critique video yesterday that summed up PD as not understanding why we like the game and what we want, and then doubling down on their horrible decisions. It seemed pretty accurate to me. This week all around has been exemplary of that behavior!

I’ve done a couple of full grid practice races in the CLK and was comfortably able to do 12/13 laps on the softs. There won’t be a wear advantage for the other cars.
That's interesting. If anything, it sounds like the CLK might be better on tires than the other Gr.2 cars, then.

I've done a full-length custom race against one rival car for each of the other Gr.2 cars I own (all of them except the CLK and '08 ones), starting on RSs. They were all starting to get slower by lap 8 or 9, and I was pitting on lap 9 or 10 with about 10% left on the right rear tire. They were all still quite drivable at that point, so I imagine I could have stretched it out another couple laps. I'm feeling like the optimum for those cars in the GT2/3 races -- for the way I drive, anyways -- is going to be in the 9RS-5RM or 8RS-6RM ballpark.
Rented on to see how it handled during a QT for Wednesday's race, not bad at all. It felt just like the Audi with matching times (for me).
Same here. I was able to crack into the high 1:33s with it without too much effort, compared to the mid 1:34s that I get with the Audi.

This is aggravating as well. If they’re going to make us wait an extended time, at least they could give us more options than evening. It makes me want to drop down to GT2 for these races just so I have more options to have fun races that they aren’t giving us in the dailies.
This is definitely a thing! I was once in a daily race just after the announcement of a season and I saw normally good A drivers just circling around the back. I assumed they were dumping DR. I don't blame them with the way they've separated the leagues.

Normally GT1 runs much longer races and the two hours accomodates that. Some people also drop DR because they don't want to run the longer races.

Going from a 1 hour intense F1 race to this one within a couple hours was definitely a challenge. Had a difficult time staying focused between corners while waiting for the next one 😂

Qual was decent. Within a half second of my best lap. Put me q6 for a good start position.

The race was really close and clean driving around me. Was as high as p5 but lost contact with the front 4 at the midpoint of the race when there was a bit of paint trading in front of me at t3.

Was maintaining gap behind me until about lap 7 when I was finally caught by 3 cars that were chasing. I cut the chicane and started my downfall picking up a 1 second penalty which was the first one I had.
Three cars overtook me at the penalty line and I gained more company looking for my position.

Pushing in the final laps I picked up one more .5 penalty and in the end landed p8 in a fun and really competitive race. Was happy with how all the drivers around me kept it clean.

IMG_6637.jpeg
IMG_6638.jpeg

Did a few practice laps and yeah, the Merc is definitely looking to be the go to car if you want to run up front. Now just have to figure out the tire strat.

This is definitely a thing! I was once in a daily race just after the announcement of a season and I saw normally good A drivers just circling around the back. I assumed they were dumping DR. I don't blame them with the way they've separated the leagues.

Normally GT1 runs much longer races and the two hours accomodates that. Some people also drop DR because they don't want to run the longer races.
The level of racing was significantly different in an upper level GT2 lobby vs a lower level GT2 lobby.

I did one race on my alt and one on my main. CMB350 account is a smidge from A rating so usual top splits in these events. I struggled in qualifying and only grabbed P6. Finished P5 with some good racing between myself and the A rated players in the lobby. It ended up being a pretty fun race.

IMG_0414.jpeg

I managed a 1:54.1 in qualy on my alt account. Had pole by over a second. Easy pole to win. Never challenged and won by ~10 seconds.

My future goal is to have CMB350 account as GT1 and alt as upper level GT2.

Back