Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,565 comments
Just did a quick race sim w/ the Merc. Did 9 laps on RS and 9 laps on RM, no refuel needed. Better drivers than me I'm sure will be able to make the RS last longer than 1/2 race distance. You could probably run the RM for the whole thing if there wasn't a tire requirement for both compounds. Pit loss is about 20 seconds.

Last edited:
I took a further look - turns out with my current standings, I could be winning over 3.1m credits, so I can’t complain about that. Especially when the season takes place over two weeks, which is the same amount of time that an online time trial is up.

Yes, one year ago. Merc was the meta too.
I think that last time, we were able to play with the downforce, but this time, we can’t.

For anyone already looking passed the rest of the Nations races to the Manu stuff, I just started doing some testing.

Race #1 is as it seems... a Daily C sprint race. And a boring Daily C to boot. After 10 laps in the McLaren, I could barely see a sliver of tire wear. Looking at low 18 minutes times for GT1 in Gr3 I recon.

Race #2 is meh

Race #3 is Bathurst so no.

Race #4 at Nord. GT2/3 will also be a sprint race. Enough tire wear to feel but nothing crazy. Also likely enough fuel; reason I say that is the Lexus was fine but the Jag showed 2.0 laps left as I crossed the line with two laps left (didn't have time to finish the whole thing). Regardless, a bit of short shifting will likely be all that is required.
For GT1 I have not done a six lap stint in the McLaren but it's looking like a three, pit for fuel (and probably tires), three.

Take the Nord stuff with a grain of salt as I still have some work to do there. This is all assuming no rain. But, also not looking to be the most exciting of races (other than the fact that Nord RULES!) as it'll either be a sprint for GT2/3 or a 3-pit-3 for GT1.

Last edited:
Race #2 is meh
This is one race that might be more interesting in the GT2/3 leagues where we are using the Gr.4 cars. With the different drive trains in that category, the tire wear varies drastically. The FF and FWD that I've tested (Alfa, Renault and VW) only made it midway through the race on RS tires. The MRs, on the other hand, had no problem getting to the end (minus one lap for RMs). I expect that will result in lots of different strategies in the race. I'm looking forward to this one most of all, myself.

This next Gr.2 Nations race is a different story. So far, I've been splitting my practice time between Custom Races with the Audi (since I don't own a CLK and can't buy one) and Free Practice laps with the CLK. It isn't working out so well. The gearing and speed differences in the cars are just different enough to completely throw me off when I switch from one to the other. I'll do a practice race in the Audi, then jump over to the CLK in Free Practice and spend the whole session bouncing off walls and spoiling my laps braking in the wrong place. At this point, I'm feeling like I might be best off to give up on the CLK and stick to the Audi for everything.

Last edited:
This next Gr.2 Nations race is a different story. So far, I've been splitting my practice time between Custom Races with the Audi (since I don't own a CLK and can't buy one) and Free Practice laps with the CLK. It isn't working out so well. The gearing and speed differences in the cars are just different enough to completely throw me off when I switch from one to the other. I'll do a practice race in the Audi, then jump
over to the CLK in Free Practice and spend the whole session bouncing off walls and spoiling my laps braking in the wrong place. At this point, I'm feeling like I might be best off to give up on the CLK and stick to the Audi for everything.
I did a little of the same yesterday. I cannot get comfortable in the CLK. The Audi feels more natural to me. I’m hopeful it will be competitive in a top GT2 split. The Audi is fun to drive in my opinion.

I just tuned the CLK for 800PP on hards and ran a WTC800 Sardegna because I need 3 cars to have them all and they cost a total of $60M and I only have $25M. Practicing like i'm a cartoon character with moths coming out of their wallet when they open it up.
If they’re all historic race cars like the Ferrari 330 P4, I’d personally wait, as it’s not like they might show up in another color. Contrast those with the McLaren F1, being the most expensive car that also comes in multiple colors; I nabbed one in Base Silver. My next 20m car will likely be the 330 P4, though, if only because it’s the last of the three I need for the trophy.

In fact, I think there are very few cars remaining that are exclusive to the LCD that I haven’t yet bought in my favorite colors. I don’t have a 911 GT1 Street Version yet, for example, as I’d like it in either white or silver. Then I already had an older Charger in Medium Green, but I also want a black one with the red decals. But I digress.

Anyway, I do look forward to this next round, as it does seem somewhat different from a similar Nations Cup race. I also recall the earlier version of the race having some drivers who picked cars that weren’t the CLK-LM, but even if it’s basically a one-make this time, I still think it’ll be fun - especially with the mandatory tire change.

Last edited:
If they’re all historic race cars like the Ferrari 330 P4, I’d personally wait, as it’s not like they might show up in another color. Contrast those with the McLaren F1, being the most expensive car that also comes in multiple colors; I nabbed one in Base Silver. My next 20m car will likely be the 330 P4, though, if only because it’s the last of the three I need for the trophy.
I need the 20m Alfa Berlinetta, Mercedes 300SL, and Ferrari 250 GTO '62. They're the last 3 cars I need to have every single car.

I need the 20m Alfa Berlinetta, Mercedes 300SL, and Ferrari 250 GTO '62. They're the last 3 cars I need to have every single car.
And lucky for you, all three of those only come in one color. So I wouldn’t feel bad about not grinding for ‘em.

Also, I wonder how many drivers will remember the mandatory pit for the race at Interlagos? I definitely recall doing a Nations Cup race at Le Mans, where I gained a good number of positions upon finishing because some of the other drivers didn’t get the memo. That said, the Interlagos race does have us use Racing Mediums for a pretty long race, so I could see us needing to pit regardless.

Last edited:
Only really looking forward to the Nordschleife in the Manu cup. I honestly expect nothing but total carnage. Did not race on the Nordschleife in GT7 Multiplayer yet so I can only compare to the times I raced on the Ring and that was in Forza. And it's no secret, that a big part (not all) of the players in open MP there are..ehm.. not so clean to put it mildly. At least in the last couple of games.

But from the races I had in GT7 so far 95% are total clean so I have high hopes for some good races. Will probably be the first race where I run multiple races.

Last edited:
If I race nations, it’ll be on my oceanic alt tomorrow night. I’ll be running the 08’ NSEEEEEX…. Because, well, it’s the best sounding car in the game and has a beautiful cockpit in VR.

I’ll be treating interlagos on Saturday as a test bed for Gr.3 Manu cars

I wonder if the CLK-LM benefits from tinkering with the brake balance, and if so, I am curious as to where I may want to set it. Maybe just a tiny bit towards the front since it’s an MR car, but on the other hand, I think it has enough downforce insofar that I don’t remember worrying about oversteer under braking at all. Might be fine just as-is, right in the middle.

Last edited:
I wonder if the CLK-LM benefits from tinkering with the brake balance, and if so, I am curious as to where I may want to set it. Maybe just a tiny bit towards the front since it’s an MR car, but on the other hand, I think it has enough downforce insofar that I don’t remember worrying about oversteer under braking at all. Might be fine just as-is, right in the middle.
I didn't find much difference....I ended up just putting it 1 or 2 to the rear.

The front right tire is the one that gets chewed the most on this track.

Ooof!
When I look up this thread in the forum I always search for the word "format" at the end of the line and with the changed thread title I was seriously confused, even thought it was deleted when there was no "format" on the front page of the forum.
Travolta Legends GIF by Pixel Bandits

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm feeling a little better about Wednesday's race now that I've decided to go with the Audi instead of the CLK. I got a short practice session in this afternoon and this time instead switching to the CLK for Free Practice after doing my practice race, I did the laps in the Audi. What a difference! I was hitting fast laps right off the bat. No smashing into walls. No missed braking marks. I even bested the fastest lap I'd done in the CLK by a tenth. I'm feeling like the Audi is the right choice for me. I'm going to stick with that.

Ooof!
When I look up this thread in the forum I always search for the word "format" at the end of the line and with the changed thread title I was seriously confused, even thought it was deleted when there was no "format" on the front page of the forum.
Travolta Legends GIF by Pixel Bandits

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I knew I'd catch someone, but I figured since we're in 2024 now the title needed an update.

If I race nations, it’ll be on my oceanic alt tomorrow night. I’ll be running the 08’ NSEEEEEX…. Because, well, it’s the best sounding car in the game and has a beautiful cockpit in VR.

I’ll be treating interlagos on Saturday as a test bed for Gr.3 Manu cars
I did few hot laps tonight, also in VR, and I am torn between the 1 second faster clk and the NSX.

The NSX sound is visceral, the view is better...
I tried toying with the brake balance I can't match the clk. Still very tempted to go with it... If it rains it will be an easy choice. Edit: it can't rain at this track.

One advantage the NSX could have is tire wear maybe? If it can make few more laps with RS tires...
I Can't compare them as I don't the clk to do custom race.

Last edited:
Is this nations cup series only counting your best race of the four or am I reading this wrong? IIRC when the last one was best two races it didn’t grey out one of the races after round 2.

Is this nations cup series only counting your best race of the four or am I reading this wrong? IIRC when the last one was best two races it didn’t grey out one of the races after round 2.
I think the wording changes after Round 3 or 4. It always bugged me. I'd prefer it to be static, like "Best 2 of 4 rounds" or whatever it is.

If 2 rounds count at the end of the season, why it drops the lowest score after Round 2 is beyond me. Maybe there's some coding reason for it, because I can't really think of a logical reason to do it the way they do.

I'm very much regretting my Dodge pick for manufacturers, even if it is only a short exhibition season. The Gr3 Viper is an absolute pig on hards and I'm having a real struggle getting it round the mountain and the nord in my practices. Predicting an avalanche of penalties and crashes. Luckily for anyone else in my races I'll be starting at the back so shouldn't collect any innocent bystanders when I go off to meet Barry. Why couldn't we have some nice softs or mediums for those rounds?

They're just scoring half the rounds. After three it should be the best two scores, as 1.5 rounds rounds up to 2.
I imagine there is some programmer out there who is very proud of their clever idea to use a single floating point value (0.5) to represent the number of rounds to include instead of two integers (2 of 4), saving a whopping 4 bytes of storage.

Thanks guys, I could have sworn last time there was 4 races in a round it counted the first two then started chopping one off in round 3, but am also aware I am losing my mind at this time of year anyway for unrelated reasons. Starting to drop the lower half beginning in round 2 is an odd choice, visually.

e: for completely related life reasons, i am barely able to get in any practice for wednesday races at all. at least with saturday races i can usually get a good chunk of time on track after work on friday. early mid-week i almost don't even have the energy for the race itself.

Last edited:
Back