Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,317 comments
Was bored on GT7 tonight and I've figured out Manufacturers with a guessing game and taking into account the races we have in Nations

Road Atlanta - Gr3 Gr4
Catalunya - Gr3
Red Bull Ring - weather race - Gr3
Sainte Croix - Gr3 Gr4
Sardegna A - Gr3 Gr4
Autopolis - full - weather race - Gr3
Gr3 for GT1 league and Gr3/4 for GT2 & 3 leagues.

Was bored on GT7 tonight and I've figured out Manufacturers with a guessing game and taking into account the races we have in Nations

Road Atlanta - Gr3 Gr4
Catalunya - Gr3
Red Bull Ring - weather race - Gr3
Sainte Croix - Gr3 Gr4
Sardegna A - Gr3 Gr4
Autopolis - full - weather race - Gr3
Gr3 for GT1 league and Gr3/4 for GT2 & 3 leagues.
I, for one, would be very happy with this if it were confirmed. I could do without the weather, personally, but wouldn't complain too much since it wouldn't be another wet Nurburgring. If the races had decent length with well thought out tire/fuel multipliers, then it would be near perfect for me. Autopolis is probably my favorite track to drive, but I really like all of them on the list.

I'm itching for manufacturers (not doing any nations) to be announced. I'm testing out a few cars; compared to my usual AMG, the 911 and the McLaren are feeling real nice. I beat my best AMG Nurburgring Endurance time in the 911 by a few seconds (almost hit the 8 minute barrier on RH tires) but need to evaluate a little more and try a few less popular choices. I would really like to do it on the actual tracks/tire/fuel setups.

I'm going with even odds that the WT driver caught smurfing in the wrong region gets ignored unless enough drivers affected kick up a stink. Apparently the last time it happened they got a slap on the wrist and still qualified anyway

Brake earlier. You need to be off the brakes (or just about off) at turn in. This is a beautiful car to drive once you find the flow. But it is also unforgiving if you don’t treat it right.
Yes, something about braking and turning at same time does not work well at all

I'm going with even odds that the WT driver caught smurfing in the wrong region gets ignored unless enough drivers affected kick up a stink. Apparently the last time it happened they got a slap on the wrist and still qualified anyway
Oh hear I’ve heard about this but don’t actually know the full details. Am I right that X driver drove in a top split race in the EMEA region?

I've decided to sit this season out. I have a pretty big move happening in June and between everything entailed with that and the reduced slot availability in GT1 (compared to GT2/3), I just can't make a good effort with the time I've got to put into GT7.

Hopefully after the move is settled, I'll be able to get back into GTWS.

Drove a practice race. Went ok. Then we reversed grid. It's nearly impossible to get a good passing spot sorted as most of the places you gain time are single lane only. I was multiple seconds a lap faster than a guy in front but he could easily hold me off since I wasn't willing to punt him. Gonna be a tense but short 5 laps.

But a total load of garbage since the qualifying is longer than the actual race

I can't get a handle on this stupid little car. Did maybe a dozen practice laps yesterday and all I wanted to do was break into the 53s and it didn't happen. Stuck at a 54.02. So many laps had more than enough potential but I'd muck it up somewhere, which is super easy to do.

And yea, five laps? So this race will take like eight-nine minutes? Then GT1 has to wait an hour and 45 mins for the next slot? I quit trying to understand the logic... so much easier when you come to the realization there is no logic involved. I couldn't care less it's a carbon copy of one of the official WS events.

And yea, five laps? So this race will take like eight-nine minutes? Then GT1 has to wait an hour and 45 mins for the next slot? I quit trying to understand the logic... so much easier when you come to the realization there is no logic involved. I couldn't care less it's a carbon copy of one of the official WS events.
Qualifying time is 10 mins....that is hilarious.

Total race time (avg-ish) 9 mins...

Drove a practice race. Went ok. Then we reversed grid. It's nearly impossible to get a good passing spot sorted as most of the places you gain time are single lane only. I was multiple seconds a lap faster than a guy in front but he could easily hold me off since I wasn't willing to punt him. Gonna be a tense but short 5 laps.

But a total load of garbage since the qualifying is longer than the actual race
So that's going to be the tactic in GT2/3 then. The p words of punt and pit.

I can't get a handle on this stupid little car. Did maybe a dozen practice laps yesterday and all I wanted to do was break into the 53s and it didn't happen. Stuck at a 54.02. So many laps had more than enough potential but I'd muck it up somewhere, which is super easy to do.

Could they give us a carbon copy of the one with the MP4/4 at Interlagos that involved 2 tire compounds? No, we only got that for half a week for Daily Race A (and the race was obviously neutered to accommodate that slot). Instead we get a copy of literally the dumbest live event they've ever done.

I'm enjoying the RA272, and only wish like everyone else that this race was a good length instead of the Daily B they've made here.

I'm glad that between this round, the tuned road cars and the 917, we get some varied vehicles to run this year. Last years Nations where every round but one was a Gr. round was maybe the most boring schedule possible.

I loved this car when it was first put in the game, but I'm really struggling with it here. I'm sure I have used it before at WG but dont remember it feeling so hard to drive. Jim Clarks Lotus in Assetto Corsa is easier to drive than this.

Either way this is going to be one dicey race, the bus stop is going to be carnage.

Last edited:
The whole point of The official E-Sports events is to provide racing which is a cut above the daily races. 5 laps of round 2, over 3 slots in GT1 league is incredibly lazy from PD. We've waited a good few months for the official season, and I just feel like the whole thing is being rushed, so they can continue their celebration of the 0.01% in the World Finals. In honesty, I feel slightly cheated that this championship is only 6 races and the first 2 rounds have been so short. I'm not really a daily race participant, so most of my online competition comes via the Nations and Manu events. This is the way....

Last edited:
A bit of a late post to talk about Rd.1, but here it is.

Something went wrong when I qualified because despite managing a 3:38.4 during free practice, I ended with a 3:39.6. Maybe it's due to my fear of suddenly sliding out with the car? Was it tyre wear? Or was it because I took medicine seconds before the session started? Who knows... I started from 7th.

Race: Lap 1 - Surprisingly, that bump did not damage my car and it went on without incident.

Lap 2 - This is where I found out that the Indonesian (?) behind me was on a bloodlust quest on fighting for positions, in a respectable way of course! It was surprising that I held up for a while...

Lap 3 - This is where the Indonesian (?) managed to make a bold move to gain 2nd from 4th. Sometimes being at the back can be entertaining.

Lap 5 - This was where I would encounter one of the cars that would be somewhat influential to my final position later on in the race. A bit of a bump, but nothing too dramatic. I pitted in after this lap.

Lap 7 - With less than 40 seconds in, that GT-One that I encountered with in the 5th lap made a mistake and went off course. However as it was not shown in the video, the ghosting was only enabled as I was about to nearly hit them.
Not going to lie, I was pissed and annoyed that I got a penalty for it. But later on, that same car made a late brake over the La Florandiere chicane and hit my car. Thankfully no damage.

Lap 10 - Just an interesting way of fighting over positions with that same car from Lap 5 and Lap 7.

While I may ended in 6th, it was actually a fun race all things considered. Too bad that I'm not getting the grips of the RA272 yet until I can get a reasonable time...

I loved driving the RA272 at Monza and at Suzuka during Daily Races but I expected it not to be fun at Watkins Glen. And it turned out to be true. Watkins Glen has a lot of bendy braking lines, the very thing this car is not good at.

I am uncertain whether I am gonna enjoy the GTWS race tomorrow because of the short 5 laps race, meaning it has higher potential of being a bloodbath than a Daily Race A with only SR turned on. I would have preferred a 20-lap race instead of this meme-ish 5-lap race.

That said, I found these tips to help me:
1. BB -2 (towards front) since this is a bit of an oversteer-y car.
2. For mid DR-B mortals like me, I overlap end of braking with 10% throttle to avoid upsetting the weight transfer when it is time to turn in a corner entry.

I also plan to just take it easy and slow instead of rushing to be fast due to the short 5-lap race and expect to make up positions simply by passing spun-out opponents (If I race tomorrow, that is. At the moment, I am thoroughly enjoying the Chappy at Daily Race A.).
1713539809842.png

At the following British Grand Prix, Ginther qualified a strong third, just 0.5 seconds off pole position, but in the race he spun the car before injection issues caused a retirement.[2][3]

Ginther leading the Dutch Grand Prix
Ginther again qualified third at the Dutch Grand Prix, this time within three tenths of pole.[10] He shot into the lead for the first two laps, but then spun twice, eventually finishing sixth to score more points.[2]

If Richard Ginther spun the car we can also! Then he won the Mexico GP after many retirements due to mechanical problems. From Wikipedia.

I wish I hadn't of signed up as GT1 now because after doing a few laps the GT2 chaos lobbies would be right up my street as I can seem to get the round there (one my fav tracks to be fair and it litterally has my name on it)

Plus the additional slots vs 3 although this time round the family will only miss me in the evening for 20 mins 🤣

I used this car sometime with sports soft to race the clubmans at walktins glen. it is IMO way more fun to drive on the sport tires. Its carries slip angles wonderfully and feels super alive to drive.

On race hard tires its tend to tramline on curbs/ snap WAY easier.

I am using -5 brake full front, and CSA strong. Down to a 1:54:641. it so hard to go faster...

So, anybody have any tips to keep the RA272 in a straight line on corner entry? I haven't driven this car in awhile and have lost ma touch
change braking bias toward the front.

Last edited:
If you're struggling to tame the RA272 and may have concerns about racing in it, set up a custom race and try it in race conditions with fuel and tyre wear on. It may give you some confidence.

I'd personally been expecting all hell to break loose tomorrow due to how tricky it is to keep stable in places, but I just found it to be considerably easier to manage with the fuel weight in it.

If you're struggling to tame the RA272 and may have concerns about racing in it, set up a custom race and try it in race conditions with fuel and tyre wear on. It may give you some confidence.

I'd personally been expecting all hell to break loose tomorrow due to how tricky it is to keep stable in places, but I just found it to be considerably easier to manage with the fuel weight in it.
I second this. Even with just tire wear on like for qualifying, it's so much more predictable than in practice. It can still easily kill you if you trust it too much though, so I do still expect absolute chaos. :lol:

Also, 5 laps actually feels longer than it actually is with these cars. Still not long enough for a legit championship race, but those roughly 10 minutes feel closer to 15 in these cars imo.

Just raced slot 1 for GT2 in Oceania. Beware the servers. After qualifying we were snagged on the black title screen for just over 15 minutes. When it started out 14 person lobby was down to 5. Which was fine with me. I blew in qualifying and was p8, almost a second off my practice pace due to wrecking on every lap except my banker.

After the locked screen only 5 of us and I'm starting p4. Finished p3 so it works out. Luckily it's a short race so hopefully you got time to hang in there

Got down to a seemingly respectable 1:53.8 in TT in this thing but I have a feeling consistency in the race is going to be a challenge lol. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

Got down to a seemingly respectable 1:53.8 in TT in this thing but I have a feeling consistency in the race is going to be a challenge lol. Guess we'll see tomorrow.
The race is actually a lot easier to be consistent because of the additional fuel weight, IMO. The problem is there isn't enough time to make up a poor qualifying position. I'm still debating whether to race this one or not, without my wheel (on its way back, supposedly!) I don't think I have the qualifying pace.

Latest Posts

Back