Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,455 comments
So was same speed in both the LFA and BMW, but more stable in the Lexus. Managed to sneak into a slot early in the day. Got a penalty in qualifying to wnd up starting p12 of 12 in a decent scoring GT2 room. 2 cars ahead bin it at turn 2 lap 1, then 3 at the end of the long back straight. And a comedy from there. Got a penalty when someone with damage tried to defend on the inside at the second toast chicane and rubbed me into the wall, but I still drove back to p2 while everybody else but the winner was a hot mess. Had a great 2 lap battle with the only other LFA.

Run what you're good with but beware the walls.

Question. Does the lobby your matched in have to do with your DR at the start of the race or at the time of entry at the beginning of the season? (Can you improve your max possible points by increasing your DR during the season?)

Last edited:
Question. Does the lobby your matched in have to do with your DR at the of the race or at the time of entry at the beginning of the season? (Can you improve your max possible points by increasing your DR during the season?)
Your DR and SR at the time of the race. I know I'm in top split GT2 when we start getting the DR A drivers in there.

Your DR and SR at the time of the race. I know I'm in top split GT2 when we start getting the DR A drivers in there.
For daily races sure. But cup races? Your getting matched with A people as a B driver for the world series matches??

For daily races sure. But cup races? Your getting matched with A people as a B driver for the world series matches??
The world series league you take part in is determined by your rating at the time you first register to take part in the season, not what rating you are at the time of a given race.

A-rated players in GT2 simply means they got promoted after registering.

The world series league you take part in is determined by your rating at the time you first register to take part in the season, not what rating you are at the time of a given race.

A-rated players in GT2 simply means they got promoted after registering.

Yeah I get that your locked into your DR rating as far as group when you enter. My question was, does your point cap, which is based on the quality of your lobby during the cup races, change based on your current DR rating. For example I'm gt1, A DR. If I increase my DR to an A+ during dailies am I matches with a higher lobby for the nation's cup. Sounds like that is the case.

Last edited:
Yes. Your DR at the time of matchmaking for that specific race lobby is what counts. If you did slot 1 on Saturday and then dropped a load of DR in dailies before slot 2 you would end up getting dropped into a much weaker lobby. It matches based on the DR when the countdown to matchmaking hits zero
Thanks man, that's the answer I was looking for. I've had a tough battle at mid A on the dailies this week and wasn't sure if I should back off before tomorrow's slots. Had a decent turn tonight and ended up better than I'd left it the night before so here's to a decent nation's cup in 18 hours or so.

Interesting race. Enjoyed it for a number of reasons, it was very different strategically to most races because of the barrier penalties. Picked the Lexus because the M3 actually felt too heavy for me and the Lexus suited my style more. I think comfort was more important than outright pace for this race due to the proximity of the walls.

First of all, qualified 11th. Got held up massively on my 2nd flyer in the tunnel hairpin by a guy who was carrying a 1.5s penalty (ugh) which cost me close to 1s. Was 11th but 1.08s off pole, so that could have been the difference between 11th and 2nd. Thanks bud...

Anyway, onto the race. First 3/4 laps or so were a MASSIVE excercise in patience amongst a battle of attrition. I spent the first 3 laps trying to spot those who would try and ram me into a barrier, so was exceptionally slow just trying to make it round in one piece whilst everyone else picked up penalties.

After lap 5 I was in 5th. Spent a couple of laps trying to break the tow behind, which I did, and got the gap between me and 6th upto about 3 seconds.

However then came drama. Some guy who was running high up decided this was his time to drop back and ruin everyone else's race. I caught up to him and the 4th place driver, and saw the loser guy smash the 4th placed driver into the wall and spin him round at the final corner. Fun. Loser guy picked up a penalty himself which wouldn't come in for a lap or so. So I spent an entire lap just hanging back, and when a gap did open up, loser guy would try and ram me from the side so I would hold on the brakes to stop him. Took a bit of damage myself but better than taking a penalty for being crammed into the barriers.

Eventually made it round to the penalty line in one piece and got away, but the drivers behind had caught back up to 0.6s or so.

Lap 8 and 9 I managed to drag the gap back out to 4th place to 3.5s or so, but after starting 11th I was a long way off the top 2, so the last lap was drama free "get her home" type driving.

Eventually, finished 3rd, I didn't pick up any penalties, and I managed to gain 114 points from what could have been a monumental waste of time after the qualy hold up. So now my top two scores are 115 from R1 and now 114 from R3. Very happy, that's my days racing done.

So if anything, this is a lesson in sensible driving and patience - don't be disheartened or frustrated if you're not where you wanna be early on! Drive smart and let others make the mistakes and you'll be okay.

18f0fb3798938-screenshotUrl.jpg

3rd place as the Lexus sunshine in the sky of BMWs!

18f0fce743b35-screenshotUrl.jpg

(Also, I was door 11, so according to Kudos I gained 5% towards A from this race alone. On 78% now)

Last edited:
Better race this time.. servers didn't crash so that's a win by default. Can't make the evening slots today so, once again glad I am in GT2 league.

Wheel of Torture gave me this bad boy..
1713959793816.png

Which I knew would be fun, just because I didn't really see any on the leaderboards.
There was only one other in my lobby, with mostly M3's, a couple LFA's and a couple Ford GT's to round out the grid - pretty much as expected.

Quali'd P9 after I kissed the wall twice on my first lap, ruining both in the process, but managed to climb it back through the race and eventually took the win by 0.072s! Razor thin margins. Lot of fun.

1713959913121.jpeg

I don’t know why, but I was truly awful at this combo.

Door 13 of 13 starters, Q12. Some inevitable carnage in lap 1 and got to p10. A couple of other crashes and got as high as p8 on lap 8. Then copped a 1.5 sec pen for a light tap on the wall and finished p10.189 points is unlikely to count in my final ranking.

A bit of a rant from me though, why on earth are the Oceania GT1 slots on Wednesdays at 4, 6 and 8pm. Those of us on the East Coast who work (almost all of the entrants) can’t do the first two slots. It’s even worse for Western Australian drivers whose slots are 2, 4 and 6pm. Just a mindless decision which minimizes participation.

Hi, can anyone please share a definitive confirmation if on the World Series you only get the points of your last race of the day or if you get the points of your best race of the day?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Last race, if you win the first one and quit the last one you'll score zero points.

Thank you for this!

Started 2nd but finished 6th as I got hit at the start in my only race of the day.. Not sure if I can be paired with a super hard or super easy lobby and make less points even if I finish higher... There's still one more race left here in Japan but it feels like a Russian roulette at this point..

Last edited:
Thank you for this!

Started 2nd but finished 6th as I got hit at the start in my only race of the day.. Not sure if I can be paired with a super hard or super easy lobby and make less points even if I finish higher... There's still one more race left here in Japan but it feels like a Russian roulette at this point..
it's definitely a gamble, i've gambled and won (get into a higher point race and still do better) and also lost (need multiple races to get close to the results from the first race)

EMEA, mid B/S, GT2

First two slots were quite highly ranked (around 90 points), but troubles at qualifying and in-race battles made me loose distance to the front (fortunately never picked a penalty), but still either I slumped by myself or got dropped fair and square with superior pace. Both of them I finished 5th.

Clearly I haven't had enough and tried a third time. Ofcourse I was put in the worst lobby of the day (78 points), but ok, I just wanted to do good at my favourite track. Qualifying lap of 5.0 was good enough for 2nd on the grid. Pole sitter raced a Lexus like myself, there was one Diablo on the grid, rest was blue.
Decided to sit behind the first car, judge his pace and wait for mistakes maybe. Well, didn't have to wait long, the poleman kissed the wall between the tunnels and got penalty on lap 1 - never seen him again. Behind me appeared French M3 and he almost got me on the backstraight with this crazy slipstream (beware of this! the boost is heavy, even advantage over 1 second is not safe). But some slight mistakes by him and my clockwork pace (between 5.5 to 4.8 being my fastest lap) allowed me to build a good margin first of 2, then 3, 4 and lastly 5+ seconds. Then I crossed the line.
GTWS24-Nations3-result.jpg

78 points does me nothing in the standings (at least for now, let's see the next rounds), but a win is a win and it being at Trial Mountain makes me very content.

GTWS24-Nations3-victory.jpg

Door 14, 75 points for the win.

Quali was better then expected at P3 with the only Ford in the field.

18f1089447791-screenshotUrl.jpg

The race was a abolute ******** though. Got rammed a couple of times, got pushed into the wall to get a penalty, pushed into the grass and drove myself into the wall to get another penalty 😅🤦‍♂️

Finished P7 but no improvement.

Got smoked on the straights. Even with slipstream I couldn't close gaps to the LFA and M3.

Well onto the next one 😅

18f1089671c49-screenshotUrl.jpg

Started... oh, somewhere. Didn't make a difference because P2 lagged on the grid and this happened:

Trial Mountain Circuit_.jpeg

Oh hold on I've just realised the ghosted cars don't show up. Including me in the RX-7. It was as much of a shambles as you'd imagine. Spent the first few laps in 5th or 6th then I got sent into the wall at the first corner by a Lexus because I braked and he didn't. Went fine after that minus going into the same wall again myself and then hitting the barrier on the last corner while I was 1.9 seconds ahead of the guy behind, finishing 11th. This show up 15 minutes before the race starts and don't pick the meta isn't a very good system.

Oh, and don't forget:
1713969965703.png

Hi, can anyone please share a definitive confirmation if on the World Series you only get the points of your last race of the day or if you get the points of your best race of the day?

Thank you!
I thought if you do many or all races, the points of that day are totalled and added to what you had from the previous round?
Example: I did three races in round one at lemans, and accumulated a total of 17 points. In round 2 I did three races and accumulated 13 total (4, 5, 4) I now should have 30 points at going into todays first race?

I thought if you do many or all races, the points of that day are totalled and added to what you had from the previous round?
Example: I did three races in round one at lemans, and accumulated a total of 17 points. In round 2 I did three races and accumulated 13 total (4, 5, 4) I now should have 30 points at going into todays first race?
Sorry, that's not how it works. From the official announcement:
Please note, while you may join multiple race slots in a round, only the points from the last race entered will count.

it's definitely a gamble, i've gambled and won (get into a higher point race and still do better) and also lost (need multiple races to get close to the results from the first race)

The gamble is worth if it's early in the day but I got good points from the race I ran and only had one left for the day so I played it safe and banked it.

Last edited:
Wow, this was a surprisingly fun combo. 10 laps of relentless chasing and being chased. As is usual with my lobbies, again a very clean race despite 5+ cars being bunched together heavily in corners thanks to strong slipstream. I even got a CRB!

The grid was mostly BMWs with a Lexus (mine), a Corvette, a Jaguar, and a Ford GT. Forgot to save the replay which could have been useful to take a photo, dang!

Last edited:
That could have been a very good race, but otherwise ruined for me on lap 1. :grumpy:

I'd qualified P3 in the LFA, settled in nicely in the train only to get punted at the end of the back straight by an M3 who hadn't accounted for the slipstream... That gave me damage, and just to add insult to injury the M3 came away untouched and with no penalty! :mad:

The damage made the car feel weird and I just couldn't keep up in the train anymore. It was always in view though, with P1-P5 practically bumper to bumper the whole way. I ended up P6 solely because something led to the rest of the grid falling off. Also got a CRB, which makes me wonder how the game calculates this stuff.

If it knows there was a collision and I got damage but wasn't at fault, why did the M3 not pick up a collision penalty at least?

Last edited:
Back