Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,250 comments
I put in some good practice for this race and with prior experience with 787b. I got my free practice down to 44.898.

GT1 slot 1 Door 10 177 points up for grab.
The Jaguar is pretty fast here on top end. I quali P1 with 45.283, 0.6 faster than P2.

I survive turn 1 and take it cautiously till we get on to the oval. I determined to make a gap so that I can just time trial and not be under pressure. Unbeknownst to me P2/3 bump and pick up aero damage on lap one. I stay out till lap 12 and pit for tires and fuel maintaining my ~10s lead. I finish P1 for 177 points, my best haul yet.

View attachment 1357737

I was really happy with my consistency and only had 1 pen from the bus stop.
Congrats on your win! I'm surprised to see you in a lower point scoring lobby than me. With pace like that you should be A+ easily.

ZEE
I am selective because it take a lot of brainpower to type lol. Also three cup races in one day is mind draining on me concetration.

I would have spoken my mind psot race as he won dirty lol. Is that hard to comprhend Seth?

[Not only one me but others as well. Still in that same race. You should not do yourself what you dislike in others. But I don't want you to serve penalties, just give the position back... just wait. Is all.]

Ok thanks but that is quite rich, what about the racer who won the race, he didnt give up zero positons after pitting me, just carried on to win the race, did you see the video I posted? So explain to me how I feel now at that guy just casually not giving two craps about winning dirty. He could have slowed down and given up the placements but he did not.

If the other guy started to spin you, maybe it was too late for me to react in that instance? if it was given to the guy that hit you first, then he got the penalty thats how the game judged it unfortunatly. I would have to watch the replay again and apologise again if it was all me...or not.

I will Leave it at that.
I get it. We've all been there. Ready to dish out justice. However whatever another driver does to you or how poor their respect is the only thing you can control is your own behaviour. If you knocked someone else out even if it was accidental then you should uphold your own driving standards no matter what has gone on before. You are moaning they didn't wait and are yet unable to do so yourself. The only thing that makes you is a hypocrite.
Wow that is bad! End of the day that invisible wall shouldn’t be there in the first place. Why PD program ed that into the game I don’t know? But then to slam you into the wall due to PD is just bad sportsmanship. Stuff like that needs people banning for a week or two.
It's to stop you going into the pit lane. Why anyone would want to move off the track is beyond me.

Congrats on your win! I'm surprised to see you in a lower point scoring lobby than me. With pace like that you should be A+ easily.
Thank you. I have just really been focusing on the GTWS events and TT with my allocated time. Haven't been doing daily races so my DR slowly creeps up. My race craft and track knowledge isn't up to par yet. I'm better in the lead when I'm effectively time trialing.

I just did some warm-up laps at Fuji. When I biff a lap I start over so I usually don't get too high in the lap counter (read into that what you will :lol: ), but up to lap 4-5 it showed zero chance of weather. Not a cloud in sight on the radar.

1:39.7 thus far but tons to be had, as per typical on the first day. Not sure I'll do this one; the race [GT1] will be over in 20 mins. 😐

Last edited:
I use GT engine but their data is not always acurate. Had a post here about it few pages back. It still says GT 2/3 fuel "off" for the finals.

But I for one hope there won't be rain.
Yeah. I think they just make their best approximation based on the conditions in Free Practice, same as any of us could.

For what it's worth, to me, it looks like the time of day in Free Practice is between the Late Morning and Afternoon settings based on the angle of the shadow from sign above the track in the opening scene. Closer to Afternoon than Late Morning. Not going to be able to exactly replicate it in Custom Races or Lobbies from what I can tell.

It's to stop you going into the pit lane. Why anyone would want to move off the track is beyond me.
Yeah, but there's no good visual clue about the exact point where the track and the pit lane exactly meet each other. Some traffic cones to warn us could do the trick. Also, why not just give us a penalty if we go into the pit lane? Hitting an invisible wall makes us bounce back into the track (where we were already probably trying to avoid other drivers, making it even worse).

1000068398.jpg

Here's where I hit the wall yesterday. Not the optimal line, of course, but I think anyone would expect that to be a reasonable path while trying to avoid another car: asphalt, end of double yellow line, aiming to the inside of the first turn, almost in parallel with the optimal line... In a split second I'm not able to remember there's no way there.

Last edited:
A little noob question about pre and post race chat:
How do i get a players name in the text box, like "@911RSR ..."?
I see the players names above the text box, but when i click them, nothing happens. What's the trick?

A little noob question about pre and post race chat:
How do i get a players name in the text box, like "@911RSR ..."?
I see the players names above the text box, but when i click them, nothing happens. What's the trick?
Once you clicked on the name of the driver you want to mention (the name will not show in the textbox) you type your message and after sending it the name should be infront of your message on the left side

Once you clicked on the name of the driver you want to mention (the name will not show in the textbox) you type your message and after sending it the name should be infront of your message on the left side
Thank you very much! Strange behaviour that a selected name doesn't appear until you send it, but i'll give it a try!

Looks like I'll be free to race on Sunday now. I'm properly sick, so the Mrs is going away later and I'm staying at home 😭 sad face.

Just did one practice lap at Fuji. Top times are 1.46.1, I managed a 1.47.4 with auto gears on my first go. I normally hate this track but it seems to suit the Vantage V8 (the long straight helps!) mid 1.46s are definitely possible if I practice a bit more and I start to feel a bit more human by Sunday.

I'm guessing rain will be a factor much like Suzuka?

I get it. We've all been there. Ready to dish out justice. However whatever another driver does to you or how poor their respect is the only thing you can control is your own behaviour. If you knocked someone else out even if it was accidental then you should uphold your own driving standards no matter what has gone on before. You are moaning they didn't wait and are yet unable to do so yourself. The only thing that makes you is a hypocrite.

Hmmm not quite sure I agree OJBrit. I'm not really "dishing out justice" whatever that may mean. Just highlighting a moron driver. Its a major flaw in the game, where there is no post anaylsis or penalties dished out after the race, just what can be reviewed in replays. The only penalties given are a 1 minute penalty for missing a pit stop but none for poor driving or driving someone off the track.

I mentioned and apologised to Seth, of which he accepted my apology, so I don't get how you want to go and brand me as a hypocrite when I have apologised for it and we settled it.

The winge is about the AMG driver and the real hypocrite is that driver I highlighted in my video, who again drove me off track, went onto the WIN the race and then gobble up points and not care for his "driving standard" and etiquette.

From reading this thread, a lot of drivers had a bad experience in this thread with that Round 5 Cup race.

I have watched the replay of that 12pm race, and reviewed it again, Seth is right, I did bump him, but his car didn't ghost quick enough, and I defo could not avoid him in time at that point, causing me to bump him some more and he span out. The game should have given me a 5sec penalty, but the game didn't do that, which is flawed and unfair, I know.

Sooo.....again, all I can do is apologise for that incident in that race. I dont want to be labelled as a bad driver in this game and try my best to race as clean as possible when racing online.

It is still a game after all, right????

If it's truly random there's still hope.

GT-Engine says there won't be rain. But, I don't know where they get the info... whether it's from metadata or just testing(s).

View attachment 1357614

I just did some warm-up laps at Fuji. When I biff a lap I start over so I usually don't get too high in the lap counter (read into that what you will :lol: ), but up to lap 4-5 it showed zero chance of weather. Not a cloud in sight on the radar.

1:39.7 thus far but tons to be had, as per typical on the first day. Not sure I'll do this one; the race [GT1] will be over in 20 mins. 😐

I'm guessing rain will be a factor much like Suzuka?
:dopey:

Yeah, but there's no good visual clue about the exact point where the track and the pit lane exactly meet each other. Some traffic cones to warn us could do the trick. Also, why not just give us a penalty if we go into the pit lane? Hitting an invisible wall makes us bounce back into the track (where we were already probably trying to avoid other drivers, making it even worse).

View attachment 1357955

Here's where I hit the wall yesterday. Not the optimal line, of course, but I think anyone would expect that to be a reasonable path while trying to avoid another car: asphalt, end of double yellow line, aiming to the inside of the first turn, almost in parallel with the optimal line... In a split second I'm not able to remember there's no way there.
I agree that cones or something should be there rather than leaving it open like that. I can't say that I have ever hit it or the extended tyre stack at T1. Just another strange choice by PD.
ZEE
Hmmm not quite sure I agree OJBrit. I'm not really "dishing out justice" whatever that may mean. Just highlighting a moron driver. Its a major flaw in the game, where there is no post anaylsis or penalties dished out after the race, just what can be reviewed in replays. The only penalties given are a 1 minute penalty for missing a pit stop but none for poor driving or driving someone off the track.

I mentioned and apologised to Seth, of which he accepted my apology, so I don't get how you want to go and brand me as a hypocrite when I have apologised for it and we settled it.

The winge is about the AMG driver and the real hypocrite is that driver I highlighted in my video, who again drove me off track, went onto the WIN the race and then gobble up points and not care for his "driving standard" and etiquette.

From reading this thread, a lot of drivers had a bad experience in this thread with that Round 5 Cup race.

I have watched the replay of that 12pm race, and reviewed it again, Seth is right, I did bump him, but his car didn't ghost quick enough, and I defo could not avoid him in time at that point, causing me to bump him some more and he span out. The game should have given me a 5sec penalty, but the game didn't do that, which is flawed and unfair, I know.

Sooo.....again, all I can do is apologise for that incident in that race. I dont want to be labelled as a bad driver in this game and try my best to race as clean as possible when racing online.

It is still a game after all, right????
There are penalties in the game. In my first race I got 2 seconds for a slight tap into the 2nd hairpin. No harm, no foul but I got punished. Side to side hits are not punished as it seems the game doesn't register them so it is a valid tactic for dirty drivers.
I'm sorry your race was ruined by them, and yes they should have had punishment. However you did moan about driving standards without upholding them yourself. So it did come across as 2 faced even if that is not normally you. (And I hope it isn't).
We're all good. :cheers:

In the past few seasons, PD has been pretty good about having the Free Practice weather match what we'll see in the race. Free Practice is showing sunny weather for the entire race at Fuji. I'd be inclined to expect the same for the race. Of course, PD could pull a fast one and change it on us, but that doesn't seem consistent with how they have been operating lately.

They were never a partner during the life of FIAGTC/GTWS.
Welllll there you go…..never knew that! I just assumed they were always partners 🤣
Not sure how or why I thought that?
Just seen that Mazda is the other partner too. Maybe I was getting the and Nissan mixed up?

I don't want to sound mean, but I've been reading some post race comments about why bother putting in all this time if I get crashed out, or heavy damage is stupid etc. and while I emphasize, I find GT7 let's you get away with it easy. Let me explain.

I know this is not an iRacing forum, but I am going to compare it to iRacing's crash physics and even real life as examples. Yes heavy damage sucks, even if you're just out there minding your own business and get caught in someone else's problem. However, GT7 still let's you drive, albeit at a reduced rate of speed until you come into the pits and fix the damage. In IRacing, arguably a more realistic platform, if you replicate some of the damages in GT7 in IRacing, you're towing yourself in the pits. That's say 1-2 minutes lost. Not to mention that in IRacing some of the required and optional damage time can equate to an hour, as opposed to several seconds in GT7. Is your race ruined regardless, yes and it sucks, but it could be worse. And you're paying a lot more for content in iRacing than you do in GT7.

Now let's go to the pro side. How do you think some of these teams feel when they spent not only hours, but thousands of dollars in investments just to get wiped on lap 1/2 and get taken out. I'm sure they're more frustrated. Perfect example look at the Stenhouse/Busch incident last week, in an exhibition all star race of all things.

I'm not being mean or judgement, just trying to add perspective. You fall down get your butt up and go again!
I think Nebuc75 sums it up fairly well in there response.

Unfortunately PD have conditioned us in how to race in GT7. I know people will say differently here, but GT7 in my opinion is more of an arcade racing game then a sim racing game. Don’t get me wrong it’s still a sim racing game, but the way they set out single player mode and to some extent even the daily races. GTWS for me is the only part the game that doesn’t feel arcadey.
To unlock the Sport Mode, you have to complete licence tests, missions and single player content. The way these races are set out on single mode (cat and mouse chasing), it encourages people to drive aggressively and dangerously as your not racing, your trying to pass x amount of cars to finish P3 or higher.
The other thing that PD have conditioned us too, is ghosting. The most annoying implement on the game. People see others crashing and they know ghosting should take effect and they just keep the foot pinned knowing they will just drive through a car. People don’t react to crashes as they know they have a safety net

I understand your point and I do tend to agree with what you’re saying. I play ACC a lot and the damage model is far superior there. You have light, medium and heavy damage on that game. Also if you pit or port to the pits it factors in a tow time or how badly damaged your car is. GT7 has a fairly quick repair modal. The big problem with GT7 is that it doesn’t represent damage very well. Once you get heavy damage the car is slow and very noticeable slow. ACC I’ve suffered damage and while it is noticeable, the car is only slower once you have significant damage. GT7 it’s on or off.

——————————

Back to Manufacturers. Done a test race last night, and it seems a right boring race tomorrow. I found weak ABS was good for the Porsche.

Last edited:
Welllll there you go…..never knew that! I just assumed they were always partners 🤣
Not sure how or why I thought that?
Just seen that Mazda is the other partner too. Maybe I was getting the and Nissan mixed up?
Nissan were a partner with PD in the original GT Academy events.

Just catching up on some real life GT3 racing Fan. WC europe, at Misano. Which led me to wonder: when are we gonna upgrade to the new BMW, McLaren, Aston and the rest...? From the 8 cars competing in that live race I believe only the Mercedes, Audi, Porsche and Lambo are acurately represented in the game. BMW, Aston, McLaren certainly not and not sure about the Ferrari.

Just catching up on some real life GT3 racing Fan. WC europe, at Misano. Which led me to wonder: when are we gonna upgrade to the new BMW, McLaren, Aston and the rest...? From the 8 cars competing in that live race I believe only the Mercedes, Audi, Porsche and Lambo are acurately represented in the game. BMW, Aston, McLaren certainly not and not sure about the Ferrari.
Agree, it is ridiculous that we have not got the 'new' BMW M4 GT3 car in the game, even though it is a hidious car which front seems to resemble a Capibara a bit. Unfortunately the game also dissapoints in most updates so we are still waiting for several current GT cars and new tracks. And also still waiting for a proper penaltysystem and a decent amount of races in the series. Proper races, not boring sprint races on hard tyres.
Otherwise; the game is a true bliss....

So; spot the difference:

capibara:
1716583587641.png

BMW:
1716583648619.png

Gran Turismo 15 is when we will get new GT3 & GT4 cars probably 🤣

Currently they is only the AMG Evo, and Lexus RCF that are current GT3 race cars. Mustang is back but that an old version. Nissan GTR will be re-entering GT3 but I can’t remember if the 18 spec car is being used or they have a new version.

Audi might be current spec? Do we have the spec 2 Evo in GT7? Or is it the Evo 1?
Porsche is the RSR endurance which was used in WEC, but was still a version too old
BMW now use the new M4
McLaren use the 720S Evo
Ferrari are 3 specs behind, they are on the 296 now
Aston are using the new Vanquish
Lambo used the huracan Evo 2

As for GT4 cars I don’t think anything is current is that class.

I wonder what ever happened to the official FIA license GT7 were trying to secure? I wonder if they are or were some implications from trying to get FIA licensing, that SRO then wouldn’t release the license for current GT cars?

Last edited:
Agree, it is ridiculous that we have not got the 'new' BMW M4 GT3 car in the game, even though it is a hidious car which front seems to resemble a Capibara a bit. Unfortunately the game also dissapoints in most updates so we are still waiting for several current GT cars and new tracks. And also still waiting for a proper penaltysystem and a decent amount of races in the series. Proper races, not boring sprint races on hard tyres.
Otherwise; the game is a true bliss....

So; spot the difference:

capibara:
View attachment 1358106

BMW:
View attachment 1358107
It's not just the BMW, but the McLaren 720, Ferrari 296, Mustang GT3, C8 Vette, 911 GT3-R, Aston Vantage, etc. etc. etc.

The Gr3 cars in this game are woefully out of date.

Can tell we have an uninteresting race coming up in the Manu Cup by how far the conversation veers off from discussing the race...

Anyways, as usual, I feel woefully slow on this track. Last time I checked, I'm almost a second behind the fastest drivers on my friends board (looking at you @flip6981 and @afc5150).

I'm actively trying to convince myself that everything will be fine. It really shouldn't be that hard. Taking an objective look back at the races this season, my lap pace hasn't been a problem at any of them, even when I was convinced that I'd be dogging it around the back of the field. At Interlogos -- where the Dodge is horrible -- I still managed to qualify P4. It seems I just have a tendency to worry.

I've just got to trust the matching algorithm to place me in a lobby of similarly slow drivers... Here's me crossing my fingers.

If you've managed to read this far, I wish you the best of luck in your races. May you do well (if that's your aim), and have lots of fun (which is mine) in this final race of the GTWS 2024 qualifying season. Cheers, all!

Raced on one of my alts and there was no sign of rain or even clouds.

Joined as soon as I could and used the 15mins for some practice (Mitsubishi on this one) and in the race i was about 1 1/2s of my best practice lap. Practice was 1:47.6xx and the best in race was 1:49.0xx

Not sure if that was the weight of the fuel of if I just drove really bad :confused: I mean I know I'm bad at Fuji but that was much worse then I anticipated.

Back