Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,561 comments

GT3 league won by someone who signed up as a DR C and is now DR A :irked:

Finalists (for now - "Please note this list of drivers is provisional. Drivers may be changed due to unforeseen circumstances" - the banhammer still looms, bound to be some more completely moronic disqualifications)
Inability to travel can also be a factor.

Why do I think a new VGT will be revealed in Montreal? Keeping with the Canadian theme, maybe a Can-Am VGT?

For those of you who've never heard of Can-Am: they made the Maverick. And it's about time GT gets an ATV!
Doesn't Genesis have a Gr.1 version of the VGT ready to be launched?

GT3 league won by someone who signed up as a DR C and is now DR A :irked:
Shocked Futurama GIF

In the Americas, things are even fishier.

Check out the 2nd place in GT2 and 1st in GT3. Methinks somebody was playing under multiple accounts...

Edit: BTW, all three of those top finishers in GT3 are showing as DR A now:
View attachment 1359676
FYI - Shaggy plays all 3 leagues. He finished 9th for Ferrari in GT1.

I’ve done GT2 on my main and GT3 on my alt in the past. I plan to do GT1 on my main and GT2 on my alt in the future. I only did GT2 on my main account this time since I was limited on time to actually race.

There’s nothing wrong with playing multiple leagues. Look the the top 100 players in GT2. Almost all A rated. I assume many of those are A+ capable drivers and second accounts. In fact, just a quick scroll through the names I know who at least 10 of those players are and they are certainly on second accounts.

There’s nothing wrong with playing multiple leagues
Apart from the fact that it is against the rules

Forbidden Actions​

- It is forbidden for a competitor to create duplicate account for PlayStation®Network in order to compete, to increase their chances of qualifying or progressing through the competitions or to disrupt another competitor's performance during a race.

(And yes, I have done it myself on multiple occassions, to try more than one manufacturer each season, but usually in the same league. This time one account was at DR C and the other DR B when the competition started)

Last edited:
FYI - Shaggy plays all 3 leagues. He finished 9th for Ferrari in GT1.

I’ve done GT2 on my main and GT3 on my alt in the past. I plan to do GT1 on my main and GT2 on my alt in the future. I only did GT2 on my main account this time since I was limited on time to actually race.

There’s nothing wrong with playing multiple leagues. Look the the top 100 players in GT2. Almost all A rated. I assume many of those are A+ capable drivers and second accounts. In fact, just a quick scroll through the names I know who at least 10 of those players are and they are certainly on second accounts.
I fully understand that playing under multiple accounts is common practice, but if I'm reading the GTWS overview page correctly it is technically against the rules:

6.POINTS OF CAUTION​

Forbidden Actions​

- It is forbidden for a competitor to create duplicate PlayStation®Network accounts to compete, to increase their chances of qualifying or progressing through the competitions or to disrupt another competitor's performance during a race.
Maybe I'm misreading that, but I'm surprised PD is letting those results stand -- at least for the top-3 finishers. I'd have expected them to at least checked those accounts before announcing them as the official winners.

I play on 3 accounts myself. All are GT2 because I am not going to tank one just to get into GT3 and I do not have the time to get one into GT1 nor the time for the GT1 races.

I do it mainly to try other manufacturers and the credits. My main is the important one, the other 2 are to try lesser used ones.

As far as the rules go, I would think they are more concerned about GT1.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misreading that, but I'm surprised PD is letting those results stand -- at least for the top-3 finishers. I'd have expected them to at least checked those accounts before announcing them as the official winners.
I always assumed it was for the same league. Having two GT1 accounts to disrupt/manipulate points is what they really frown upon.

I fully understand that playing under multiple accounts is common practice, but if I'm reading the GTWS overview page correctly it is technically against the rules:

There was a case when a driver got the points DQ penalty for doing this, though (Bonelli in Nations).

Speaking of rules:

6.POINTS OF CAUTION​

" - Any unsportsmanlike conduct."

How many here have been done dirty by another driver at any point during any of the championships? Thought so. PD doesn't care. I agree with @CMB350 , super high level drivers 90k+ DR that may actually qualify, they'll look into (as we've seen - just recently mind you - with the numerous DQs). As for the rest of us, you know how the story goes.

" - It is forbidden to engage in any activity that grants an unfair advantage to another competitor in an individual race."

So teammates working or practicing together before/during a race is against the rules? Seen it.

In race bump drafting is against the rules? (Yes, I know they looked down on it during the actual event but for the rest of us?) Seen it/done it.

" - It is forbidden for a competitor to exploit unintended gameplay mechanics and issues found in the software to gain any type of advantage."

So going out of qualifying late on the wet Nord race is not allowed because of the track being a lot dryer for the trailing cars due to PD's broken track-drying mechanics is against the rules? Hmmmm... pretty sure most everyone tried to do this. Seen it/done it.

Give GT1 more time slots and have a separate league for the 90k+ DR people (GTX for example) with the three slots; then, police/steward those races accordingly. Been saying it since they took the GT1 time slots away. Give GT1 more slots and I guarantee the amount of A+/A drivers in GT2 drops significantly. Two hours between slots when some of the races last 20 mins? 11:00PM on a Wed. as one of the three time slots available? Give me a break.

There are more alt accounts out there than I think people realize; most of them are just disguised. Having watched some streamers who are a legit mid-A level, high B/low A lobbies are often more competitive than mid-A races (quali times, lap times, overall times that are faster) so take from that what you will. Being a GT1 driver that drops to GT3 is a bit odd to me as there is no real time-slot advantage to do so, but I am not losing any sleep over it either. And, if you want to be optimistic about it, having an A rated driver in a GT3 race means the points will be worth that much more than otherwise... if that's important to you.

I digress... again. At the end of the day, just go out there and race when you can. You'll end up around people with a similar skill-set regardless. PD made the bed and we're laying in it. :cheers:

Last edited:
Speaking of rules:

6.POINTS OF CAUTION​

" - Any unsportsmanlike conduct."

How many here have been done dirty by another driver at any point during any of the championships? Thought so. PD doesn't care. I agree with @CMB350 , super high level drivers 90k+ DR that may actually qualify, they'll look into (as we've seen - just recently mind you - with the numerous DQs). As for the rest of us, you know how the story goes.

" - It is forbidden to engage in any activity that grants an unfair advantage to another competitor in an individual race."

So teammates working or practicing together before/during a race is against the rules? Seen it.

In race bump drafting is against the rules? (Yes, I know they looked down on it during the actual event but for the rest of us?) Seen it/done it.

" - It is forbidden for a competitor to exploit unintended gameplay mechanics and issues found in the software to gain any type of advantage."

So going out of qualifying late on the wet Nord race is not allowed because of the track being a lot dryer for the trailing cars due to PD's broken track-drying mechanics is against the rules? Hmmmm... pretty sure most everyone tried to do this. Seen it/done it.

Give GT1 more time slots and have a separate league for the 90k+ DR people (GTX for example) with the three slots; then, police/steward those races accordingly. Been saying it since they took the GT1 time slots away. Give GT1 more slots and I guarantee the amount of A+/A drivers in GT2 drops significantly. Two hours between slots when some of the races last 20 mins? 11:00PM on a Wed. as one of the three time slots available? Give me a break.

There are more alt accounts out there than I think people realize; most of them are just disguised. Having watched some streamers who are a legit mid-A level, high B/low A lobbies are often more competitive than mid-A races (quali times, lap times, overall times that are faster) so take from that what you will. Being a GT1 driver that drops to GT3 is a bit odd to me as there is no real time-slot advantage to do so, but I am not losing any sleep over it either. And, if you want to be optimistic about it, having an A rated driver in a GT3 race means the points will be worth that much more than otherwise... if that's important to you.

I digress... again. At the end of the day, just go out there and race when you can. You'll end up around people with a similar skill-set regardless. PD made the bed and we're laying in it. :cheers:
Preach it! Could.Not.Agree.More!

I'm just here for the racing. Sure, there might be some ringers at the top of my grids, but so what?, I personally don't care, ymmv. Most are at my skill level and that's where my race is executed. I look at the standings with my eyes wide open.

There’s nothing wrong with playing multiple leagues. Look the the top 100 players in GT2. Almost all A rated. I assume many of those are A+ capable drivers and second accounts.
Not always. If you are at the top of B before the season starts you are in GT2. You gain DR to become Dr A. You are still in GT2 as an A driver. Yes there will be multi accounts but there are legit A racers in there too.
Well yes and no. If you are in GT3 and racing against an A-level driver then you are not at a similar skill set. If you are forced to battle over 10th with similar drivers with no chance for a podium because they are seal clubbing drivers then that is not fair.

Well yes and no. If you are in GT3 and racing against an A-level driver then you are not at a similar skill set. If you are forced to battle over 10th with similar drivers with no chance for a podium because they are seal clubbing drivers then that is not fair.
That's my point, though. You'll end up near those with a similar skill set regardless. And, like I already mentioned I don't see the reasoning for the DR dropping to be in GT3 as it doesn't offer any sort of time-slot benefit (or any other benefit) over GT2. That's not a hill I am willing to die on. I feel like we're comparing apples to oranges discussing alts being in GT3 vs GT2.

But, it all stems from............
Give GT1 more slots and I guarantee the amount of A+/A drivers in GT2 drops significantly. Two hours between slots when some of the races last 20 mins? 11:00PM on a Wed. as one of the three time slots available? Give me a break.

GT2/3 get 10 opportunities to do the races, every one hour (with a small gap between subsets); GT1 get three opportunities, two hours apart. That extra hour in between is painful if something happens on your first race (punted on lap one (especially with heavy damage); forgot to switch tires at start; dropped by the servers; etc. etc. etc.). I can, and only do, speak for myself, but with the three slots available on a weekday, it might as well be only one. This is all PD's doing by punishing those within the top third of the DR rankings by the taking away opportunities to actually play the game.

That's my point, though. You'll end up near those with a similar skill set regardless. And, like I already mentioned I don't see the reasoning for the DR dropping to be in GT3 as it doesn't offer any sort of time-slot benefit (or any other benefit) over GT2. That's not a hill I am willing to die on. I feel like we're comparing apples to oranges discussing alts being in GT3 vs GT2.

GT2/3 get 10 opportunities to do the races, every one hour (with a small gap between subsets); GT1 get three opportunities, two hours apart. That extra hour in between is painful if something happens on your first race (punted on lap one (especially with heavy damage); forgot to switch tires at start; dropped by the servers; etc. etc. etc.). I can, and only do, speak for myself, but with the three slots available on a weekday, it might as well be only one. This is all PD's doing by punishing those within the top third of the DR rankings by the taking away opportunities to actually play the game.
Even if GT1 was given double the slots at 6 total, the amount of seal clubbing going on would drop drastically I'd imagine.

Not always. If you are at the top of B before the season starts you are in GT2. You gain DR to become Dr A. You are still in GT2 as an A driver. Yes there will be multi accounts but there are legit A racers in there too.
I’m aware, as I am one of those people.
IMG_0918.jpeg

I purposely stayed away from Daily’s to keep myself at a high B until after signing up for Manu. I had no interest in GT1 this season due to lack of slots and lack of time on my part.

As I stated earlier, I know who some of the people are in the top 100 of GT2. They are regular A+/A drivers on their alt accounts. There’s nothing wrong with that as I personally like driving in top splits with higher points in GT2.

And, like I already mentioned I don't see the reasoning for the DR dropping to be in GT3 as it doesn't offer any sort of time-slot benefit (or any other benefit) over GT2.
Well, apparently PD is willing to recognize drivers doing it as league champions, so there is that.

I can't fault A/A+ drivers for dropping down to GT2 to take advantage of the schedule or drive Gr.4 cars. Once PD introduced differences between the GT1 and GT2/3 leagues, they created incentives for this to happen.

What bothers me is that PD is officially hailing these drivers as champions of their leagues even when it is obvious what they are doing. There are legitimate C- and B-level drivers that deserve that recognition, in my opinion.

Sure, go ahead and drop into the GT2/3 leagues, but you shouldn't expect to be celebrated as a GTWS champion when you do.

On the other hand, the choices of where to divide DR into letter ranges seems pretty arbitrary. A difference of a few points can put you at the top of one range or the bottom of another. Maybe it would be better if PD just didn't bother recognizing the GT2/3 winners as all. Ultimately the results seem pretty meaningless.

Dstinct_RAIN will pass as Ferrari's Asia driver due to real-life concerns. TenagaZaru expected to be replacement.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I have decided to hand over my representative rights, as given the current situation in my real life, I cannot guarantee that I will be able to perform well in time for the actual event. The reason is below, so if you're interested, take a look. I'm so sorry that I couldn't meet the expectations of those who said they would support me.

Full statement (machine translated and partially human-edited):
I've been thinking about it for the past few days, but I've come to the conclusion that I'm handing over the right to represent Ferrari in the World Series to the next candidate.

I should have just given in quietly, but when the opportunity came my way, I couldn't calmly assess the situation and posted something like "I'm going to be the representative," which turned out to be a betrayal of the people who said they would support me. I am writing this because I wanted a place to apologize for what happened.

By giving up my right to represent the group, I have betrayed the expectations of those who have promised
to support me, and I feel responsible and truly sorry.

As far as I can go, all I can do is apologize.

Many people made this decision based on the post the other day. It is still the right of the representative to betray the I made this decision because I knew that if I didn't calm down and turn back at this stage, I would cause more trouble to people.

I have nothing but regrets about my actions leading up to this decision, but I have no regrets about this decision.

There are two main reasons.

The first is the balance between devices and real life.

I've always used a gamepad, but in the live World Series events I have no choice but to use a wheel. That means you need to practice. However, since I am currently a fourth-year university student and also looking for a job, even if things go well, I will only be able to practice using a wheel for about two months. You need to do well in your job hunting, learn to adapt between controllers in a short period of time, and become a world-class driver in the meantime. If it was an individual match, I would be the one who would lose, but since this is a team match, I would like to avoid involving my teammates in a gamble that has no guarantee of success. Secondly, I have always wondered if I would be able to comfortably represent the national team based on the way I played this season.

To be honest, I wasn't aiming to represent the team, I just wanted to enjoy it, but as a result of some bad luck with other competitors, I was able to earn the right to represent the team by my contributions to global manufacturer points during the season. Given the speed I've shown for Team Ferrari, I'm not the one who should be there this year. I didn't think it was a big burden for someone like me, who was inexperienced and had little experience with minor offline tournaments.

I will take on the challenge of participating in a GTWS live event when I have the skills and time to do so. This does not mean that I will give up on anything in the future. I can convince myself and those around me I will try my best to become the best at what I do.

Lastly, I would like to wish everyone on Team Ferrari success.

Sorry for the unsightly writing.

Last edited:
Ultimately the results seem pretty meaningless.
Every time I get frustrated with Nations or Manufacturers races, I remember to tell myself how meaningless the whole thing really is…
100%! I've said before, none of us are qualifying. We are casuals that like to play a game in between life events.

For those that are attempting to legit qualify, give them their own category and leave the rest of us the opportunity to play the way we always have and always will.

Oh I agree. The whole thing is a mess which PD needs to sort. I doubt they will because the only ones are can complain are the ones benefiting from the current set up. The rest of us have to lump it. And we have to lump unfair races because people who shouldn't be there are racing there. Thankfully my DR is low B so I shouldn't meet any of them.

Oh I agree. The whole thing is a mess which PD needs to sort. I doubt they will because the only ones are can complain are the ones benefiting from the current set up. The rest of us have to lump it. And we have to lump unfair races because people who shouldn't be there are racing there. Thankfully my DR is low B so I shouldn't meet any of them.
If they did the GT1 times at the exact same times as the GT2/3 there'd be little excuse at that point. :D

Back