Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,775 comments
Today was a very "brutal intense" Racing session for Round 5 of the GTWS cup.
  • Started a bit late and went for the midday 12pm slot of the GTWS Nations cup race Round 5.
  • Before I did this I did some more TT sesion, with the Jag to see if I could improve my silver medal but to no avial.
  • Did some practice laps in the 787B and could see the pace set by other drivers which was very good.
  • I also tried the Nissan R92CP and the MAZDA LM55 which felt very nerfed in this BOP application.
  • Moved onto the race and changed my car to the Nissan and I felt it would be too 787 oversaturated.
  • I was right as it was me and only 1 other driver using the Nissan among a fleet of 787B racecars, lol.
The race was intense much like other driver members, mentioned here, I started off abit slow to pickup speed in the Nissan but it started to get going after the chaos at Turn 1, late brakers and carnage, then Turn 2 had more carnage as I tried to edge away fromt the pack in 5th positon. I slowly progressed up to 2nd place and held that for like 6-7 laps before the MAZDA's caught up to me on the straight. IT was odd though as the Nissan has more power than the Mazda yet feel more nerfed.

A very intense battle at laps 10-14, after me pitting at Lap 10, was being chased by a turkish guy and spaniard to get me down to 5th but I held my own. Battling back and forth intensly the Nissan was ery good at cornering to me wtih my DUALsense. Almost got pitted and then went in on 2nd time on Lap 20, I think, and then came out swinging off a quick fuel and tyre swap. Chased down the turk guy in the 787B and passed him but then he had hit me into the barrier on the penultimate lap on the reverse corner before the oval, and I had to catch him back up, thankfully the game served him a hefty 5-6sec penalty.

Raced up until lap 24, where I held till the final oval straight and he passed me, but must not have pitted and got served a 1min penalty making him drop 3 places for me to achieve a respectable 4th place! woohoo come on!

Overall a good race and very intense chugging, I always enjoy Daytona over the bog oval races, and felt I held my own against the evil swarm of 787B's. :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240501121541.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240501121613.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240501125614.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240501130133.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240501130355.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240501130436.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240501121541.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240501121541.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240501125641.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240501125641.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 2
First NA GT1 slot....about half A+/S drivers and half A/S, I'm creeping close now, Kudosprime is showing 48,892 DR pts.

Anyway, I didn't do so hot in qualy and ended up in 14th, but considering I had 15 door number I guess that makes sense. Off the start and through the first lap there were a bunch of errors from other drivers running wide/off....I'm guess cold tires were the culprit.

I went with a pretty basic lap 8 (fresh tires because why not) and lap 16 (tires and fuel) pit strategy. Was running as high as 5th at one point and probably could have held on for 6th if it weren't for a couple of mistakes and track limit penalties that nailed me back a few spots to 8th place. Not terribly disappointed since points-wise it won't matter but it upped by DR a tad bit in my quest for A+ rank.

GT1 7pm, 134 pts lobby

Q10 with 1.31.something.

Climbed up to 3 place with 5 lap to go.
Then this happened,

An visible wall there, I was not aware...So be aware!

I usually do the same trick but from the far right, breaking hard in straight line toward the apex.
And wanted to avoid the car on rigtht too...
It did not work as planned, but I gained hands on experience today.

I managed to finish P8 with a damaged car.

Last edited:
Been away for a week, so I jumped in with about 1 hour of practice and a few laps with fuel on 😬. Predictably, my qualifying was terrible and I started 13th in a 330ish points lobby 😅 (2nd split, I guess).

At the start, I was too cautious and fell to 15th 😫. But... to my surprise, the race pace was quite good, I made a smart strategy and climbed 10 (!) positions to cross the finish line in 5th, with 276 points.
Can't complain about that at all.

18f36b1f42e72-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

gtws-nc-rd5-racing.jpg

Just ran the 7 PM GT1 slot in NA. Had door #6, with 166 points up for grabs. I was driving the Mazda 787, like all but two Nissan drivers in my lobby. I qualified Q8 with a time of 1:31.102.

The start of the race was a bit messy. I was hit from behind on T1, taking rear aero damage.

I decided to give the @Zorz strategy (1-11-12) a try. I stopped to repair the damage at the end of lap 1. I came out behind another slow-moving car. They must have been damaged. I easily got by. There were more cars like that in laps 2 and 3 that I was easily able to get past.

I settled into P9 with a good gap ahead and behind, and nothing much happened after that. I picked up positions as other cars pitted. I pitted for fuel and tires on lap 12. When all the pitting was done, I found myself in P6, where I stayed to the finish.

One driver didn't make a second pit, though, so I was promoted to P5, for 138 points. That's much better than I was expecting for the night, so I won't be trying again.

GT3 LATAM, everyone was C / S, but it was Destruction Derby, the same guy who annoyed me at Toyota Cup was here again, already doing a mess at qualifying but actually did the second time and I was the 3rd.

First curve and was bowling I went last, had to do a recovery race and decided to pit on lap 2. When I reach the P10 the carnage was back and they throw me to grass, as shown in the video. The offender quit the race again, but the were other dirty players, since my pit was not sync with other I did the rest of race solo.

Ended in 5th but two drovers ahead didn't pit and my position was P3.
18f369e93ea26-ab868d7eec96612ccc3be8394635f12263aebfdf-816_message_438939688191130_1714608156996.jpg

I went with the meta Mazda 787B for the 7 pm CDT GT3 slot, with 12 points for a win, 9th required to replace one of my 7-point disappointments, and me wearing door #2. My short practice session saw a 1:33.1, so my hopes weren't too high. Neither was the pole of 1:32.2, or that my best practice lap would have put me 4th instead of 15th (the only car to not take a time, with a dropout after qualifying).

The first non-787B was also a Mazda (the LM55) in 6th. Mazdas had the first 9 spots. along with a Sauber, Porsche 919, McLaren, a 9th 787B, and a Bugatti. It was a ho-hum as one of the 787B's went off on turn 5 and I got by the McLaren going onto the back straight. An accordion-fracas in the LeMans Chicane between another 787B and the Sauber (behind a pair of 787Bs that kept ghosting into each other) got me 11th before the end of lap 1.

The next lap, a mistake by yet another 787B in turn 2 got me into the top 10, and a 787B into the tires on turn 6 got me 9th. Unfortunately, by this time, I was starting to deal with something common to endurance racing, but it didn't prevent me from getting by the Bugatti.

I got turn 1 a bit wrong on lap 5, and gave 8th back to one of the 787Bs that had early trouble. Pit stops started on lap 8, and I came in out of 9th for tires, judging that they wouldn't last another full stint. I came out 10th as the car I was chasing also added fuel on that stop, while the Porsche, only a bit ahead of me, had a 3-second pit-lane penalty. The rest of the cars ahead of me, except the now-front-running LM55 and a backmarker 787B, pitted on lap 9, to get me to 8th

Said backmarker came down on lap 10 to get me 7th, while the fast 2 787Bs got by the no-stop LM55. On lap 11, the 787B I had to let by earlier and I swapped 6th as he got turn 3 wrong enough that I could get alongside in turn 6, while I messed up the Le Mans Chicane. Unfortunately for him, he picked up a full second's worth of track-limit penalties, then cooked it in turn 3 the following lap to get me to 6th and the Porsche into the mix for 7th.

The top 5 were all getting away from me, with the 787Bs' 2nd round of pit stops starting on lap 15. I temporarily got up to 3rd as the LM55 finally pitted on lap 16 out of 3rd and the leader going into the pit cycle lost it in turn 2 coming out of the pits. Unfortunately, I lost it in turn 5, dropping back to 6th. I decided to pit then rather than extend the run to lap 19, taking another set of tires and enough fuel to finish.

The Porsche got by me as I exited, and he and I traded 7th for a couple laps while my tires got up to temperature. He had me in the infield, but I had him on the tri-oval. I finally got by for good on lap 21, and cruised to a 6th-on-track finish. I had nothing for the top 4 787Bs, but I would have had something for the LM55 had he made 2 pit stops. In any case, that error got me up to 5th and 10 points, +3 on my bottom finish.

Slot 1: Qualified P5 and was hanging out in the lead pack, even made my way to 4th and on the tail of 3rd, before 3rd got loose and slammed the wall coming back onto the banking, causing me to slam into him and giving me damage on Lap 7. Then like a complete dumb*ss (as usual), I decided to take fuel but not tires when I pitted for damage, weighing my car down and dropping me back behind a driver I had no business being behind. He then for some reason forgot there was a car next to him and turned straigtht into me on the banking and spun me into the wall on Lap 12. Race ruined and 13th place finish, while the car I was directly in front of before my first accident went on to win...probably lost the chance to win after the first contact, but my (far too typical) stupidity cost me a sure Top 5 or possibly a podium afterwards by botching my strategy on my unplanned pit stop.

Slot 2: Moved up a split and qualified 13th as expected. Inevitably I of course got damaged in T1 so I pitted at the end of Lap 1. Got held up by someone who decided it was smart to drive with damage, then punted by an impatient jackass at T1 on Lap 7, giving me damage again. I pitted again for my 2nd stop and changed tires and filled up to go to the end, knowing my race was probably ruined anyway at that point unless everyone crashed. Finished 13th again.

3rd time better be the **************** charm...

Last edited:
LET'SGOOOOOOOO!!!! Back-to-back competition wins!? 2nd win in Dr.A! What a race. I knew I was in for a difficult one with some of the names I was seeing in the lobby (@Pfei lookin' at you).

I pit at the end of the first lap to get rid of minor aero damage from the first corner and ended up catching the backmarkers quite quickly. The whole time I was thinking "Damn, this strategy may end up slowing me down with all this traffic." But, I seemed to make short work of them and was 5 seconds ahead by lap 10. Running in clean air after the backmarkers seemed to really help me as I didn't have many to battle with.

There was another driver who quit around lap 19 - 20 who was within two seconds of me after the second pitstop who I was afraid might take my cake but they made an error and quit. This reminds me that I forgot to save the reply (dang) due to excitement! For the last 5 or so laps I had a 6+ second lead and basically coasted home. What an adrenaline rush!

18f370c7d9851-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f370c70d062-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
18f370c89ea92-screenshotUrl.jpg

I'll report later, but all I need to say now is @A_Higher_Place , holy mother of all living things and other stuff, WHAT A QUALY SESSION!
That quali was nuts! Looking forward to hearing how the race was for you!

Last edited:
Was in a lobby with I think 175 points? Started 3rd, finished 4th (160 points) 4th got a jump at the start using TCS (which I forgot to toggle). I did about a half hour practice, was fairly comfortable, and then used the qualy as a practice session to mimic tire wear. However, I saved fuel in the first stint of the race thinking that might make a difference, and then saw refueling was very fast. No need to save fuel here, but RR wear can make your car jump out, especially around 1 and out of 6 onto the banking.

GT1 North America Slot 2 A/S Lobby

As you already know we had a qualy for the ages, with the top 4 separated by less than a tenth of a second, with me fourth in the Mazda with a 1:30.168, right behind @A_Higher_Place .

Start was a bit hectic but nothing bad. Second lap I brain farted and did an extra downshift in the bus stop, causing me to get loose and cross the exit too far to the left. So not only did I lose time, I also picked up a penalty. After the penalty was served I was hit hard from behind, picking up damage. Pitted end of lap two for tires, repairs, and top off fuel, and came out last. The whole ordeal probably cost me about 5 seconds which you will see later cost me dearly in this lobby.

That first long stint I was probably too conservative, tip-toeing through the bus stop and using TC2 to keep tire wear from catching me out. I should have done a practice race beforehand but barely even found 30' of time to practice this combo.

Did my second stop end of lap 13 for fuel and tires and was 5th when everyone had cycled through their stops. Turned down TC to 1 to get some pace but was passed by a Nissan and finished 6th for 166 points, 15s behind the winner @A_Higher_Place . Congrats to you!

I feel strong at this combo and I should go again now that I have a race under my belt but it's been a long, hectic day. Time for some beer and then bed. I got DR up arrow which is all I care about.

I bumped a couple guys with late braking, feel sorry about that, but I didn't ruin their races (or mine) at least.

Qualy: 😱

DSC_4534.JPG

Race Results:

DSC_4535.JPG

DSC_4536.JPG

VR Stream:

Was nice to have another race with @Wannablackbee Tonight.

GT 1 slot 2 and q2 for the start. P1 didn’t shift to second quick enough and I totally flew past him before t1.
Held on to p1 until after lap 9 and pitted for tires and a splash.
Got back to p1 after a couple laps and held it through lap 17 when I grabbed tires and another splash then went on to finish p1. Happy with a midweek victory 🍻

IMG_6970.jpeg
IMG_6974.jpeg
IMG_6971.jpeg

My second and final Nations race (add some Saturday morning slots for GT1 please!).

Pole position but geared up too quickly to start the race - bogged down and lost a position.

Pitted lap 12 while in the lead and came out of the pits in the lead, the overcut worked a treat. Only changed tires.

Pitted lap 16 to only refuel and it was absolutely the optimal strat. Had no issues with tires (even with a sliding rear at the end of the first stint).

159 points banked.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.png
    IMG_0796.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0795.png
    IMG_0795.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Slot 1: Qualified P5 and was hanging out in the lead pack, even made my way to 4th and on the tail of 3rd, before 3rd got loose and slammed the wall coming back onto the banking, causing me to slam into him and giving me damage on Lap 7. Then like a complete dumb*ss (as usual), I decided to take fuel but not tires when I pitted for damage, weighing my car down and dropping me back behind a driver I had no business being behind. He then for some reason forgot there was a car next to him and turned straigtht into me on the banking and spun me into the wall on Lap 12. Race ruined and 13th place finish, while the car I was directly in front of before my first accident went on to win...

Slot 2: Moved up a split and qualified 13th as expected. Inevitably I of course got damaged in T1 so I pitted at the end of Lap 1. Got held up by someone who decided it was smart to drive with damage, then punted by an impatient jackass at T1 on Lap 7, giving me damage again. I pitted again for my 2nd stop and changed tires and filled up to go to the end, knowing my race was probably ruined anyway at that point unless everyone crashed. Finished 13th again.

3rd time better be the **************** charm...

And now the game won't release me (and only me) from the pits for qualifying. Lovely stuff here PD...
Well, since the game wouldn't release me from the pits in qualifying, I started DFL (15th) in Top Split and had no choice but to do a stop-and-go on Lap 1 to get out of traffic. I then pitted again at the end of Lap 11 for full service on my final stop. This was obviously the only good strategy I had to work with (unless I somehow gained the powers of Moses and could move everyone aside at will), but it meant I had to keep a heavier car with that 2nd 13-lap stint I had to do, which undoubtedly killed my lap time and my tires. Ultimately I finished P8 for 243 pathetic points. Even if the game didn't screw me over in qualifying, the best I could've hoped for on pace in Top Split would've been P7, which still would've given me my worst result of the season. So now the combo I was most looking forward to will likely be a drop score after Saturday (but I shouldn't be surprised because I always do terribly at the races I actually enjoy...). You'd think I'd learn to stop trying, but I guess I'm a masochist.

Guess I'm stuck driving those hateful RB POS's to try to do better than that...definitely can't do worse.

I'll be on vacation next week so I'll thankfully miss the first round of Manufacturer's. I really don't even want to do the rest of the season with as terrible as the Corvette drives, since I'll inevitably bin it in every attempt. I love the competition but I don't need this stress, especially since PD clearly don't care enough to do basic quality control on their updates, or even give us non-WT drivers anything worth doing for most of the year. Plus I've lost so much DR with all my botched attempts this season I doubt I'll even be in the same splits as my friends anymore. Maybe now I'll finally get around to actually playing PCars 2, which I haven't done since I got GTS...

Last edited:
Was nice to have another race with @Wannablackbee Tonight.

GT 1 slot 2 and q2 for the start. P1 didn’t shift to second quick enough and I totally flew past him before t1.
Held on to p1 until after lap 9 and pitted for tires and a splash.
Got back to p1 after a couple laps and held it through lap 17 when I grabbed tires and another splash then went on to finish p1. Happy with a midweek victory 🍻

View attachment 1351944View attachment 1351945View attachment 1351946
Congrats for the win!

Awful night for me. NA GT1 Slot 2 is the only take I had tonite. Q9, finished P13.

Horrible start. I saw here I am not the only one who forgot to put TCS on rolling start. I lost like maybe 6 places to that. I was a bit unsettled by this and could not concentrate for the rest of the race.

I thought this would be more like an endurance race but the first lap made it seem like a sprint. I saw a lot of contacts and people going off track during the first lap. A lot of agressive drivers that tried hard to pass in the infield rather than wait and use the slipstream before the bus stop. I also saw a lot of contacts in the bus stop as we all been surprised by how much the dirty air would break traction.

I made mistakes and I rear ended someone that was early on brakes on T1 unfortunately causing him rear damage. He tried to push me off track. I let him pass me twice during our battle as he seemed faster than me but he kept overdriving and took himself out.:confused:

I don't remember the last time I had to use TCS 1 for almost a race long. I did not use it in practice time and it was fine but I realized I had to use it to be competitive and compensate for my mistakes. I could not stick that 787 to the ground. Many lessons learned tonite. And one fact I already know. Starting midpack rarely ends well. But that is not going to stop me from trying next Saturday.

Congrats for the win!

Awful night for me. NA GT1 Slot 2 is the only take I had tonite. Q9, finished P13.

Horrible start. I saw here I am not the only one who forgot to put TCS on rolling start. I lost like maybe 6 places to that. I was a bit unsettled by this and could not concentrate for the rest of the race.

I thought this would be more like an endurance race but the first lap made it seem like a sprint. I saw a lot of contacts and people going off track during the first lap. A lot of agressive drivers that tried hard to pass in the infield rather than wait and use the slipstream before the bus stop. I also saw a lot of contacts in the bus stop as we all been surprised by how much the dirty air would break traction.

I made mistakes and I rear ended someone that was early on brakes on T1 unfortunately causing him rear damage. He tried to push me off track. I let him pass me twice during our battle as he seemed faster than me but he kept overdriving and took himself out.:confused:

I don't remember the last time I had to use TCS 1 for almost a race long. I did not use it in practice time and it was fine but I realized I had to use it to be competitive and compensate for my mistakes. I could not stick that 787 to the ground. Many lessons learned tonite. And one fact I already know. Starting midpack rarely ends well. But that is not going to stop me from trying next Saturday.

Sorry to hear that you only had time for one go tonight. Yeah the sliding and spinning cars at the start of Daytona is a common thing and as you saw, a lot get bit by that. The right gear for the start is another thing that pays to get right.

Middle pack is never very good on the infield. Dirty air at the bus stop due to traffic takes planning too. Kudos for sticking it out.

Saturday might get a little pushy as well until it spreads out a bit. Tire compound differences on the first few laps will keep us on our toes!
GL this weekend.

Decided to skip daytona. Wasn't feeling it in the time trial. I did dailies instead and that was a mistake. Should have went to bed instead.
@Bojador Similar story here...but maybe worse

EMEA GT1 Slot #3 - XXX Points Race
Had very limited time for GT7 these days so did not get to practice until 30 mins before the last slot. Best practice lap was only 1:29.9. Quit the lobby at the last second before Quali as I would have been terribily off the pace anyways.

Did one Daily C in my McLaren with 14 M6's and 1 Lexus RCF (Driven by C.Lopez) in the lobby instead and that was indeed a mistake as I finished 13th after making a fool of myself with errors and general lack of race pace.

Not wanting to end the night that way I jumped into the Skoda VGT TT trying to get into 1:34's (from 1:35.1) and that did not happen either.

Should really have gone to bed instead.

Glad to see the Daily Race thread regulars @Moose78 @A_Higher_Place @Dep Fishtail doing well in this race, Well done guys!

After missing the last Nations Cup race i was looking forward to Daytona, but what was PD thinking as they created that race???

I went with the Porsche 919, i know it's not the fasted in an straight line, but fun to drive.
My fasted practive time was a 1:33.5. i saw the leaderboard full of Mazdas, but thought they balance it through the race by tyre wear or something else.

But they haven't! My race was 1 Porsche 962, 1 Nissan, a McLaren VGT and a swarm of green and orange.
I qualified last, a tenth behind the McLaren.
The race started not bad. The Mazda army struggled thru the infield. They were everywere, facing all directions (for a short moment i thought this will be fun ...). One was even parking on the apax of a corner, that's why i crashed into his back and earned a 4s penalty. then i found out, he wasn't parking, it was doing the normal Mazda cornering speed!
But things changed on the oval, badly! the speed they overtook me was insane! They gained twice the time they lost in the infield on the oval!
So i became second to last, only beating the McLaren.
After the race i checked the BoP for the Mazda. PD even gave it more power! Why? What's the point of a BoP like this?
In Gr. 3 and 4 they manage it quite well. But the Le Mans race already wasn't very well balanced and Daytona killed it! That was a joke! And not a good one!

I hope PD does it better in the Manu Cup!

Agree with all the criticism... but it was a long race with quali and pitstops so I was in.

EU slot one, door 12 and a rubbish qualifying with crashers in front of me and then a slide into the wall had me back in P14. Everyone was in the 787.

You'd think an A+ lobby would be full of slick pro's but at the start three people lost it spinning up the tyres...

IMG_8718.JPG

I was taking it easy but at the bus stop the car in front was so slow I couldn't avoid giving him a tap. We both got bumper damage and I let him past at the exit, served my 3.5 sec penalty and went straight to the pits. Don't know why they went so cautious with a comfortable gap in front and behind, I braked halfway between the 1 and 2 marker so it wasn't late, but lap one I should've been extra cautious.

Damage fixed and was now committed to going long with one more stop on lap 12. TC set to 1 to try and preserve the rears.

Was quite nervous about this strategy but it played out nicely. Others were battling and making mistakes, I made two minor ones but kept getting quicker without much traffic and finished P7.

IMG_8719.JPG

On another day I would have run again as I enjoyed this combo, but will take a decent recovery drive and a solid 195 points... on to the next :cheers:

So now that Nations Cup has officially finished for me, I have to say that was one of the worst Nations in a long time.

So for me time in Gr1 leagues, I have to say having full damage on is a bit of a game changer on GT7. I consider myself a safe driver anyway as I play a lot of ACC and full damage on that game is costly, but on GT7 I’d say I’m a little more reckless. Obviously I try to avoid damage in daily races and in Gr2 but just having the safety blank of damage fixing itself just meant I’d try a few moves. Fully damage though in Gr1, definitely changed my approach and I like it.

Races were fairly dull I thought. I only competed in the Le Mans race and Daytona.
Le Mans - good race on paper, but in principle for me it was awful. The Toyota was not a great car to drive and also I thought the driving standards were fairly poor. Too many taking risks and a lot of people missing the braking points.
Daytona - I came into this race fairly confident as last time we did this race I finished P2 in a mix DRA/B so I knew I could get a good result. Really enjoyed this race, plus the 2 mandatory pit stops helped in making this race interesting with strategies.

Watkins Glen - tried the Honda, and while it was kinda fun to drive, the 5 laps race just seemed a joke. Plus in the practice it was far too easy to lose control of the car
Trail Mountain - I didn’t do the daily race so was unfamiliar with the race. In the time trial the M3 wasn’t bad but I just didn’t enjoy it and didn’t bother racing this.
Lago Reverse - 917 Porsche not a bad car, but lago reverse and that was just a bad experience in testing
Spa - love spa, but hate the RedBull 19s. Not sure why PD love the X19 so much?

Looking forward to Manufacturers now. Always the best championship to race in. Porsche will be my car of choice car.

A 911 at the Nordschleife - for me the best combination possible :D

Yesterday i did 3 training laps at the Nord for Manu Cup. Only to find out that i'm almost 20!!!! seconds behind those aliens!
There was no realy good lap included and i think i could maybe do 4 or 5 secs better, but still i hope not to be in a race with one of those fast guys!

Nevertheless i'm looking forward to this race. See you in the green hell :cheers::gtpflag:

Back