Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,883 comments
When I first found out there was a difference in League setups, this was one of my first thoughts. All kinds of A and better drivers coming "down" to either ALSO do the Gr. 4. or prefer Gr 4. And lose DR to come back down. That's only going to make things harder for the regular B folks like me.
I totally get that, but in Gr.4, I am regular B folk! When I was last in GT2, high B, within a week or two I had A+ drivers in my lobbies. That's brutal! I'm also only doing a handful of races, so won't likely compete for standings or rewards.

Here are the latest test results in my quest to find the best of the least popular Gr.3 cars in Canada from last season's Manu Cup. These ones are for Round 6 -- the 12-lap sprint at Fuji -- ordered by Opt time.

ManufacturerModelOpt timeBest timeTotal timeAvg timeAvg dev
DodgeViper SRT GT3-R '151:39.5321:42.01520:30.5581:42.5470:00.343
HyundaiGenesis Gr.31:39.7301:42.29320:34.9111:42.9090:00.637
RenaultRS.0.1 GT3 '161:40.0781:43.21620:43.4151:43.6180:00.546
CitroenGT by Citroen Race Car (Gr.3)1:40.2981:43.19320:52.0851:44.3400:00.949
SuzukiSUZUKI VGT (Gr.3)1:40.8411:43.04820:42.9261:43.5770:00.518

pubchart

The Dodge was fantastic here. I could drive it faster and more consistently than any of the other cars. This is the third of the five rounds I've tested so far where the Dodge has come out on top, making it the clear front-runner in my mind.

The Hyundai was close in terms of optimal time, but I struggled to drive it consistently at Fuji.

This is one track where the Suzuki felt almost enjoyable to drive. It wasn't fast, but I could get it around the corners at the back end of the track without any drama, which is more than I can say for the Citroen. I was all over the place with that car.

The Renault felt pretty good here, too -- just not very fast.

As always, you can find the raw data in the spreadsheet here. I've also shared the replays from these tests on the in-game gallery.

I had two goes today. First race I started 7th and finished 5th. Highlights included pole starting on hard tyres with no traction control. He was 9th by the braking zone and last by the time everyone left turn 1. I ended up bumped by a guy who got damage and steered into me and was 15th at the same place, so it was a good fightback. I got a penalty for going off the track at Blanchimont by about a pixel when two French guys on the inside wouldn't give up the place, so it was a decent run.

Second go I started 4th. Drove like a bit of a dick for the first seven or eight laps. I went H/M/S in both races, with one lap and then three laps on the hards after I realised in the first race that the stress wasn't worth it. Pitted on lap 3 and decided to fuel and give myself the best chance of clear air... only to come out of the pits right behind a guy who I was stuck battling with for four or five laps. We had a weird coming together out of the top of Raidillon that even after watching the replay I can't explain (might have been lag) and he got damaged and I managed to escape and get some clear running. I ended up about 3 seconds behind 3rd which was annoying, but I suppose I'm happy given I'm still new back and I'm pretty sure this is the longest Sport mode race I've ever done.

First race was a 43:26 and the second was a 43:05 so either the strategy worked much better or it shows the benefit of clear air or practice or probably all three.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_.jpeg

A shame we couldn't use custom liveries.

What a waste of a day. The combination of heavy damage and a grid start with these things is just utter insanity. Whoever came up with that is a masochist. The GTWS finalists might be able to handle racing these things at close quarters but even at very high A, most people clearly can't.

The driving standards I've seen today have been shockingly bad. So many people going into La Source FAR too fast off the grid start or completely overshooting Les Combes on lap 1. The number of people starting on Hards but not thinking through the consequences of their actions is insane as well. How is it so hard to understand that cold Hards + slipstream all the way down the Kemmel Straight + dirty air trying to get it stopped and turned in = BRAKE EARLY. Who cares if you lose a position right at the start, it's a 42+ minute race. JUST BE CAUTIOUS AND SURVIVE.

Just like with the first two slots, the third slot ended up getting wrecked on lap 1 for me as well. I started P6 and survived turn 1 without damage, but I was pushed off in the process and lost a few positions. After rejoining, I had to lift slightly on the run up to Eau Rouge because I was going to hit the first of two cars who are bumper-to-bumper, only to then get rammed sideways by the car behind me and get suspension damage on my rear right.

Further on, I catch up with the French driver who was being very erratic on slot 1 at Pouhon, who's carrying a 3s penalty and fighting with someone. Ended up hitting him yet again as he made a sudden twitch and wound up with front aero damage. :banghead:

Just like with slot 1, I came in to pit to switch from going 11M-1H-10S to 1M-2H-9S-10S and eventually recovered up to P7 by the end. There was some karma on the way at least. The French driver had a spin coming out of the Bus Stop giving me the position without challenge, and the guy who hit me at Eau Rouge actually pulled left and broke very early, giving the position up on the run down to Pouhon after I came charging up behind him.

Just very, very frustrated and tired. So much practice put into this to figure out how to do the grid start properly, how the car will feel as the tyres wear to make sure I can race it safely, all for nought. And all because of people being complete psychos on lap 1 over and over. Going by my pace in practice races against finishing times, I could have fought for the win in slot 1 and fought for a podium on the other two if not for being taken out. :indiff: P7 wasn't enough to gain any points for me so... yeah.

Slot 1

Slot 3

Last edited:
Today is a great day between watching F1 with its stewards making me appreciate GT7's penalty system, watching the incredible close GT3/4 racing at Sebring & the qualifying at Brands Hatch, and playing probably the best dry race in GT7's history.

My lobby did not let me down when it came to clean racing. There were a lot of contacts but it was clear from my perspective and from replays that everyone tried their best to race clean between botched starts and spinny rear wheels.
1714851845921.png

(I am the one in red-blue-white)

With door#6, I surprisingly qualified a poor 12th. Made me happy as this was a perfect excuse for me to start on the hards. Loads of contacts at the chaotic start but happily no one spun. I had only front bumper damage but I am still thankful that I was not in GT1.

I pit on lap 1 to put on mediums. This race was pretty tough as I constantly battled to keep the car in control. I was hoping to pit on lap 13 but I had to pit on lap 12 due to fuel getting low. My final stint was on softs and I was at -5 BB. I finished the race with these tires:
1714852374606.png

Happily finished the race with zero penalty and zero incidents. 8th felt incredible in this tough race.

This race was incredible because of different strategies thanks to the three mandatory tire compounds, which kept the race busy for me from start to end with loads of chasing/being chased and positions being exchanged, all with different folks and cleanly. Two pitstops definitely seem to make races entertaining (this and the Daytona).

This race made me wonder about a question- do these two choices take the same amount of time?
1. Refuel once with 7L fuel.
2. Refuel twice. First with 3L. Second with 4L.

In real life, obviously, first one will be faster. But does anyone know about GT7? I am asking because ideally I would have loved to refuel a bit at lap 1 to make my mediums stint longer so that I am not hanging by threads on softs at end of the race.

In real life, obviously, first one will be faster. But does anyone know about GT7? I am asking because ideally I would have loved to refuel a bit at lap 1 to make my mediums stint longer so that I am not hanging by threads on softs at end of the race.
that's exactly what I did, just to give myself a little breathing room. The extra little fuel on lap one wouldn't significantly weigh you down.

Wait no. I mean the time spent on refueling itself. Like, tire change probably takes 6 seconds. How much time does it take to put the fuel nozzle on and take it off?
No idea! I hadn't thought of that, I still liked some breathing room. One of my practice sims, I didn't take fuel after lap one and ended the race like you with red angry tires (and had to fuel save a tiny bit, because I didn't put quite enough in)

Not a bad race today. I was determined to make up for my poor showing last time this was a combo.
Unable to use my normal Nations livery for the car I decided to keep a splash of colour and go with the 25th anniversary edition.
Spent a few laps pre race getting my time up and was happy with where I was.
I needed P8 in my lobby to grab a few extra points in my quest for 6th in my local standings and a silver trophy.
Managed P9 on the grid so mid pack, but far enough into it to make a hard stint first not the best, so I settled for my usual in this situation of mediums first and a double pit in the middle for hards.
Start was chaotic:

The German in front was asleep at the lights and luckily I read that so made a slow start as I had to combine full throttle and trying to get around them in one go. I was fine and found a spot on the inside of La Source. The 3 cars ahead did their best impression of Vettle, Raikkonen and Verstappen at Singapore. Red Bulls everywhere and I was suddenly in P5 and chasing another Brit up Eu Rouge. We went in to Les Combes side by side but I made it work into the 2nd part and up to P4. Coming out of the final chicane and a Frenchman had spun so P9 to the podium in 1 lap. It was obvious I was the little medium fish in a big pond of soft fish. Those ahead began to gap me and those behind caught me. End of lap 3 and the Brit from before went alongside at the back straight. We gave each other room including through the final chicane and their superior traction got them ahead out of the corner. I got the slip along the Kemmel but recognising the disparity in strats I bumped them along. They went deep into Les Coombes allowing me to get past again. However they then broke late into Rivage and nudged me wide and they retook the place. I wasn't too happy with that. The Frenchman then got me into Puhon and a German into Fagne. I wasn't too worried as they were on softs and I was going to grab my popcorn expecting fireworks from the three of them. There was contact but not enough for any incidents. I was close enough still into Les Coombes on lap 5 but the Brit broke too much meaning I gave them a nudge from behind. This slowed me enough that I put too much turn in for my speed and the car slid and I couldn't catch it putting me onto the grass on the outside of the corner. I thankfully lost no time keeping her straight and getting off. However the game gave me a 2 second penalty for the minor contact where nobody was hurt except me. I reckon if I gave them a full on punt then I wouldn't have got a penalty. I had lost 1 place from the off with a Spaniard right on my chuff. I held the inside into Rivage but they gave me a nudge mid corner sliding me wide and they got through. I was able to stay with them up to my penalty. I thought they were struggling on worn softs but as I found out later that wasn't the case. I was back with them by La Source on the next lap. Out of the final chicane they went sideways but caught it really well. Or so I thought. Watching the replay now I can see they had countersteer on. However I was able to get past into La Source. But the slip down the Kemmel meant they got me into Les Coombes. Perhaps I should have held back to get the run on them along here. They ran wide into Fagne and I went past again but they shoved me out of the way into Stavelot and got past again. Another driver who I wasn't happy with. I've not had a dirty driver from the country to the south for a while but this one brought back some memories I'd rather forget. I was flashing all the way up the back straight. There was some contact as they were slow in the middle of the chicane and coming out the car went around as often happens with a small bit of contact. I lost a place and was then exposed to another late brake and nudge through Rivage. What is it with that corner!? However a German who had just come out of the pits went wide throug Ickx and I was able to get both cars through the run into Puhon. Due to the fighting behind now I had some time to myself to get my head down. On lap 10 the Spaniard came in and I saw they were on hards hence their struggle for grip. Why the super long stint on the worst tyre? Why hold both of us up with fighting when on the hard tyre your MO should be to loose the least amount of time possible. Just such moronic driving. I caught up to a German who ran wide out of the final chicane so I was up to 3rd on my pit lap of 12. My rears had some life left and I was glad not to run a further lap on them as they were bound to die next lap. I came out P4 with my Spanish friend behind. I decided given the state of the mediums that I would run 2 hard laps not 1 to help the soft stint. I ran a little deep into Rivage on my 2nd lap and allowed them through as they were on the better tyre this time. (That's how you race sensible Mr Spaniard!) I came out P13 behind the Brit from before. I caught and passed them into Fagne. With some clean air I put my head down for my fastest laps of the race and did my usual trick of purple first sectors and rubbish other sectors. A couple pitted across the last 2 laps which put me into 7th at the flag only for 1 driver to not pit twice giving me P6. So I got some extra points to take me to just under 200 for the season. Did I get my goal of silver? I did get 6th but it still gave me a bronze. Talk about moving the goalposts! :guilty:
Still happy with my result and my 2 spins came from light contact upsetting the car so I raced better and the loan car behaved better.
Put my bad result to bed and had my best Nations ever with my total score of 195 points. Also at my highest DR since GTS so some things might be looking up. No doubt my fall shall be imminent!

Race on my alt account a couple of hours ago.

Door #4, 63 pts for the win, Qualified on P1 by .3s

Thank god for the inside line here. There was a guy in the back who put out a massive divebomb and whiped 4 or 5 cars out. Was lucky enough to not get hit but it was really close.

Don't know how I got a win by over 50s tbh.

I was 4 seconds slower in total then on my main and the point difference was 9 points. Both are low B rated.

20240504_185604.jpg

SOooo.... the FINAL Round today and I got in there early for a good race!

Logged on the game and started to get composed for this final round race and I knew it was gonna be intense due to the nature of the car and the mandotory tyre changes on Spa. I started practicing on the free practice mode, before the 11am slot cam online,
and set quite a nice pace for the RED BULL x2019 and it felt planted on the racing soft tyres.

Then as the entering time closed in, I got ready to partake in my first and only race today. Warm up was fine and then onto the 5 minute qualifier. I did an ok pit out lap, but my 2nd lap I made an error and hit the gravel pit on a turn5-6 and lost so much time making a slow 1:59min time, so I quickly tried to recover my place back up, didnt want to start in 12th is where it was placing me right now. I did push to do a good final lap before the time ran out and got 8th to start off with. Good beans, OK, lets go RACE!

THE RACE:
Intro and flashy fanfare aside, the race start in my group was a massive clusterfudge (see video below) and most guys could not navigate turn 1 and i had to make the opportunity to sneakforward and stay composed n the uphill chicane. I was steadily working my up to 5th and then a few turns later i managed to squeeze in 2nd place. I tried my level best to hold onto 2nd for along time up until ,mypit ion the 10th lap as my tyres rear started to die hard. Switched first to RM tyres now and head back out in 3rd place as a Spaniard flew past me. I held it on 3rd place but then I on lap 16-17 on the last fewturns i hit a bollard and went airborne (see pic) and almost lost two places. The giy behind an italian guy overtook and i had to try an keep pace with him. I managed to do so till I pitted again on lap 22 before switchingto hard tyres and getting out. I chased hard until the ned and managed to finish 4th ,but the 3rd guy had a 1min penalty and i gained a position and finished overall 3rd. Props to the German race leader, he was truealien setting a very fast time around Spa and leave a hefty 40-45 gap between us.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240504111047.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504111135.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504115603.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504115648.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504120726.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504120800.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504121013.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504204834.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240504204848.jpg

Collected my rewards and was real happy in the league that I participated in. I think may have goen up into GT2 for the manus cup coming up? will chk. Look forward to creating some more GOLD in the Manufacturers cup on the 8th MAY. RACE ON LADS! Lets keep it classy!

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS:

Last edited:
I’d do today’s round but I do admit that it intimidates me a bit. Plus, I don’t think that skipping this round will get me out of my current ranges, either. Not to mention that a lady bought me a drink just for moving over one seat while the Kentucky Derby’s on the TV. All the while I mention to a lady-friend of mine that I tried DMing one of Ferruccio’s grand-daughters on Instagram, who happens to be right around my age. Mea culpa!

Last edited:
EMEA, GT2, mid-B/S, 95 points race

I had no pace to be high in this race. My PB was 53.8 and I matched it in qualifying giving me 9th on the grid.
Decided to start on RH and pit lap 1.
The start went surprisingly well, I was 5th after the first corner, that made me question my chosen strategy for a short moment until I got a big hit from behind on the braking for Les Combes which sent me far off the track. Rejoined 15th.
Pitted for mediums, gained some positions due to people getting penalties or making heavy mistakes.
I ran mediums for 11 laps which in hindsight was a mistake (could squeeze one more decent out of them).
Last 10 laps on softs were ok, I even overtook someone struggling with worn rubber. Gained some more positions with people pitting in the last laps. Climbed back to 6th which I consider very ok given the circumstances, but on the last lap my rear softs were 100% red and I had to turn TCS to 5 to make it to the line. The top 5 were on another level, so ended up being the best of the rest.
Oh, and the victor of this race got 1 minute penalty, but I was loosing that one minute to him and he stayed ahead of me by few hunredths.

GTWS24-Nations6-result.jpg

No points improvement, but at least I saved the DR.

Last edited:
Seeing how rough these starts look to have been, would it be worth it to sandbag quali, start on the hards and pit early?
Personal opinion but nah, I would still qualify to my best.

Turn 1 deceptively gets narrower on the inside (see ZEE and OJBrit's video). Similarly, the road to Eau Rouge gets deceptively narrower as well (see OJBrit's video) and you don't want to be on the right wall's side, due to good chance of spinning out due to friction from the wall.

Just stay on the outside for turn 1 (take a wide turn) and stay there until you're inside through Raidillon and you should likely be fine even if you get rammed into.

Last edited:
GT1 slot 1 in North America. I was in Door #15 in an all A/S lobby, with 166 points up for grabs. I needed to finish to improve my point total, having only done 2 races so far.

gtws-nc-rd6-fantasy.jpg

☝️ The livery I'd have used if I were able. Got to get some mileage out of it.

I qualified Q4 with a time of 1:52.509. I was on pace to improve that on my second flying lap when I came upon a clown with a 2-second penalty puttering around the track at 60 km/h weaving from side to side. Given the 100 km/h speed differential, the resulting collision was quite spectacular and -- obviously -- qualification-ruining.

I started on RH, expecting a lap of chaos and damage before pitting for softer tires. There was plenty of chaos, but somehow I managed to avoid picking up any damage. I lost a few positions along the way, falling back to P9. I went into the pits just behind another driver on hards.

I took a gamble and chose to go with RS tires. That proved to be a crucial mistake. The driver ahead picked RMs. I spent most of my RS stint on their bumper, trying to get by. Finally, they made a mistake on lap 8 and I got a few of clean laps on the softs. Stayed out to the end of lap 11, when I pitted for RMs. I was in P6 at that point, I think.

The RM stint was mostly uneventful. By lap 15, I was back in P6 from the medium-runners pitting. As laps went by, I lost a couple positions to soft-runners, then picked one up from the single driver who pitted for a last lap on hards.

Finished P7 for 124 points and a CRB. Good enough. Not going to try again.

Slot 1, started 10th. Somehow survived the Lap 1 mess on Hards and pitted for Mediums. Had a bit too much fighting during the 2nd stint but made places up, switched to Softs with 10 laps to go. That was probably 1 too many but I just about hung on for 3rd. Wish I had this replay but I ran out of space without realizing it...

Slot 2, I put together a massive 50.4 qualifying lap to start on pole by 4 tenths. Decided to stick with the safe plan and lead from the front with S>M>H. Someone behind me escaped the throng and made up tons of time on his soft stint, so when I pit for one hard lap I came out just behind. No challenge was possible, of course, so it was a 2nd.

2 slots will be enough this time. 270 points and more importantly 20% of the way through A+. How high can I go??

Last edited:
In late private testing, I found my tire breakpoints to be lap 7 on softs and lap 12 on mediums, with fuel lasting 13 laps, so I set up for a 3 RH/12 RM/7 RS run. My fastest laps were actually late in the medium run, in the low-1:56's.

8 pm CDT came, and I found myself in a rough-and-tumble, based on chat, 15-car D/S room, with 16 points for the win, and me needing 13th in the anniversary #6 to improve upon my other 7-point finish. Pole was 1:55 flat, and my no-time put me 14th on the grid, the first of 2 drivers to not take a time.

It wasn't the greatest racing I ever did. I had speed in the first sector, consistently getting purple times on both the medium and soft tires, but gave it all back and then some in the second sector.

By slow-rolling my start to briefly drop to 15th, I did miss the carnage at the start as 2 drivers (one on soft tires, one on hards) spun their tires off the grid start, a third got La Source all sorts of wrong, a fourth went off on turn 13, and a fifth went off on turn 15 to get me up to 10th. I would have been plowed into by someone coming in way too hot for the first half of the chicane, but he was ghosted. That messed me up in the second half, as I gave 2 spots up by going off, including to the would-be rammer, who had a 1-second penalty for going wide at Blachimont.

That person spun in La Source on lap 2 to give 11th back to me. Another car spun at the exit of the chicane to give me 10th at the line.

At the end of lap 3, I had almost caught 9th, the third driver to start the race on hard tires, when it was time to pit for mediums and most of a tank of fuel. That dropped me to 14th/last (there had been a dropout). I was too far behind to take advantage of 3rd place pitting on lap 5 to switch from softs to mediums.

On lap 6, I cleanly got inside the RH driver who spun at the start at La Source, but since I didn't get a good exit, I let him go. He tried to repay me with not one, but two slams. The first cost me the pass at Les Fagnes, where I let him go after getting alongside on the left coming out of Double Gauche. The second was just after T2, where thankfully he ghosted and I lifted. 3 drivers pitted, including the third RH starter, which got me to 13th.

Carma got to the wrecker at La Source the next lap, as he spun the tires some. I got a 2-for-1 deal as I got by the 2nd car that was just leaving the pits, while I was too far behind for the front-runner who went from softs to mediums. At the end of the lap, a mid-pack car pitting off worn softs got me to 10th, while the car in 2nd came down to switch from softs to mediums and was too far ahead even with the 3-second pit-lane penalty.

On lap 8, I left the door wide open for my fellow serious RH-to-RM racer in La Source while in a 3-way battle for 9th with somebody on well-worn softs. That driver got turn 15 wrong to let both of us by, and he and another driver ended their softs stint at the end of the lap to get me to 9th and hunting down 8th. Meanwhile, another of the front-runners went from softs to mediums well ahead of me.

Another mid-pack driver called it quits on softs on lap 10 to give me 8th. 2nd place somehow made it back to the pits on lap 11 with a completely dead left-rear soft tire, but not only was I too far back to take advantage as I had a bad overall lap, I decided to spin into the left-side wall. It didn't immediately cost me any spots, as 9th was well behind. It did, however, cost me about 10 seconds.

On lap 12, one of the front-runners came in to switch from mediums to hards and fill the tank. I wasn't quite close enough to take immediate advantage.

On lap 13, the leader finally came down to swap mediums for softs, picking up a 3-second pit-lane penalty and losing the lead. The following lap, I caught and passed that front-runner who switched to hards as he struggled in the Les Fagnes/Campus combo for 7th, and the driver on a similar strategy to mine as he came down to swap mediums for softs for 6th.

That did not last long as I needed to pit on lap 15 for my soft tires and enough fuel to end the race. 3rd place had the same idea, though he needed hard tires. He came out 4th, while I came out 9th.

On lap 16, that same former front-runner once again spun in Les Fagnes, and I was there to take advantage and 8th. Meanwhile, the fastest car on the track took advantage of his 3-lap-old soft tires to retake the lead.

The following lap, 2nd place came down for his mandatory soft tires, and I was using clean track and feel-goods to finally get some decent lap times in the 1:55s, as my best mediums lap was in the high-1:57 range.

On lap 18, 6th place came down for his mandatory hard tires, making the last stop of those in front of me, but I wasn't close enough to immediately take advantage of that. That pass came at the end of lap 20, as he moved over to let me by.

On the last lap, I caught sight of 6th as he was negotiating lapped traffic in Les Combes. At that point (43:19), the leader took the checkered flag. As I closed on 6th in Les Fagnes, the second driver took the checkered at the 43:50 mark, the third driver came across at 44:01, and the fourth driver came across at 44:06. The driver I was chasing let me go by on the inside at turn 16, and I was the 6th driver across the line at the 44:32 mark.

That wasn't exactly where I was placed as the top 3 drivers all got 1-minute penalties for not taking all 3 tire compounds. Unfortunately for me, the fast driver had a 1:13 lead on me, so he got the final podium spot, while I got 4th. Even had I not made that last pass, I still would have had 4th as the guy behind me was one of 7 among the top 12 who didn't take all the required tires. I thought I screen-shotted the points total, but I didn't. I think it was worth 12 points, which won't improve my post-series rewards any from the bronzes outside my metro area.

That’s a serious gap if they pulled that off. GT1 drivers in a GT2 race maybe?
With the first laps mayhem ( in GT3 lobbies with C RP and S RFP 😏), the 2-3 seconds gap by lap between the leaders and the middle of the pack, the 22 laps and the lack of regularity and consistency ( that's a lot , I know 😁) you can understand the gap at the end of the race...

GT1 NA slot 3: Q4 (1.51,9??), ended P8.

I had a good start on RH. A clean race but a bad strategy.

I pitted on lap 1 for RM and fuel. Around lap 6, I was sent flying in the air from hitting a bollard and lost 2 positons. Around lap 8, I got rear ended at the last chicane by a back marker on RH that had just let me pass. I Had to live with rear damage and I lost a few spots. I thought stretching my RMs until the end of lap 14th was a good idea since I had enough fuel to do it. Wrong.:banghead:

So I pitted two laps after the top 5, fueled and took my RS while losing places. During last lap, I gained a position on a car slowed down by heavy damage. That led me to P8 in the end.

I did not practice enough and I was very careful. I did not push the car so I never got to 1.52. I had a good qualification but not taking any risks cost me a lot in the end. Can't wait for Manufacturers. I had fun but miss those GR3 cars.

For the coming Manu series I am going to focus on doing at least a gr 3 race as I noticed that the last few times I only did gr 4 races. So did some testing and decided on going with AMG Mercedes. Really wanted to join Lexus but can not find any decent speed in their car. I find the AMG to be quite fast but also very stable. Made a bit of a livery and really want to focus on doing at least the Deep Forest race:

1714898577117.png

Last edited:
For the coming Manu series I am going to focus on doing at least a gr 3 race as I noticed that the last few times I only did gr 4 races. So did some testing and decided on going with AMG Mercedes. Really wanted to join Leus but can not find any decent speed in their car. I find the AMG to be quite fast but also very stable. Made a bit of a livery and really want to focus on doing at least the Deep Forest race:

View attachment 1352872
Nice livery. Hope we get to race together!

NA GT2 8p est slot. 159 pts available
Quali P4 ~52.3
I start on the mediums. It starts ok. Bumper cars abound and I slide back a few spots, but expected due to RM. Eventually settle in to a good spot and can put down some clean air laps. Pit at end of lap 12 for hards. Come out in clean air. Do my hot lap and pit for softs. Come out surrounded by 4 other cars! Fighting ensue and I can't use my softs . I end up spinning at end of lap 19 coming out of the final chicane in a 3 way battle for 3rd. I lose ~9 seconds.
I finish P4 when I needed p3 for points improvement. I think second was within reach without the spin.
And hindsight I should have 12m-9s-1h.
IMG_2677.png

LOL just noticed I lost SR

Last edited:
Back