Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,216 comments
The 4C is actually really quick around here
5 out of top 10 on the leadership board right now is occupied by Alfa Romeos.

I got this livery for the back of my Alfa. Let's see if it hypnotizes my opponents into crashing at the curvy sections. :D
1715710605625.png

Not sure how I tackle this with the Alfa. Mostly I qualify in the top half of the grid and better tires and start on those.

Probably try to start on medium this time so that I can push at the end with a lighter car.

Can you qualify on softs and start on medium? Never switched tires after quali so don't even know if it's possible 🙈 😂

Not sure how I tackle this with the Alfa. Mostly I qualify in the top half of the grid and better tires and start on those.

Probably try to start on medium this time so that I can push at the end with a lighter car.

Can you qualify on softs and start on medium? Never switched tires after quali so don't even know if it's possible 🙈 😂
Yes you can, just remember to get it done (under "settings - car settings", if you've never done it in a lobby screen) as soon as you get back to the lobby screen after qualifying ends - else the ceremonial start will begin after a minute or so and you'll be stuck starting on softs...

When did the Vette become so good on tires? I just did two mock races at DF for Wed, one with the Porsche and one with the Vette. Starting on the RS tires, he Porsche's RR tire was full red on lap 12, despite BB of -4 & -5. The Vette made it to lap 14 before going full red. Here I thought the Porsche was good on tires and the Vette not so much, but it appears to not be the case in my literally one test.

That being said, my overall time in the Porsche was like six seconds faster.
It seems to be a thing only at Deep Forest. I was getting absurdly good tire life in the Corvette the last time this combo was in Daily Race C (and it's lost quite a bit of weight since then). That being said, it's only merely exceptional for an FR - there's still probably quite a few MRs that will keep their tires alive better.

It seems to be a thing only at Deep Forest. I was getting absurdly good tire life in the Corvette the last time this combo was in Daily Race C (and it's lost quite a bit of weight since then). That being said, it's only merely exceptional for an FR - there's still probably quite a few MRs that will keep their tires alive better.
Did a practice lobby last night, started on pole with RS and by lap 12 they were all but dead. There were two McLarens in the lobby who did the swap on lap 15 and even a Supra who did the swap on lap four (started on RMs) so even he did 16 laps on the RS... in the Supra! He did say he's going to do a 15/5 but that's still better than what I could pull off.

I seriously wonder if the Porsche got a tire Nerf in one of the updates; it used to be really good, similar to the McLaren. After 12 laps my times were a few tenths higher than after pitting for RMs. Starting on RMs I am sure you'll get more life from the RSs due to less weight of the car but not that much. Maybe an extra lap.

I'll likely be starting on RMs since I really doubt I'll be qualifying in the top few places so guess we'll have to do it live!

Last edited:
Well. Slot 1 was a bit of a fail.

1.25.5 in qualy was enough for 4th place, so I was pretty happy with that. Started in mediums (since that’s what I did in a lobby and it worked well), and the first half of lap 1 was reasonably calm. I just wanted to settle into a rhythm so I didn’t try and pass anyone…

Up comes the braking zone for the hairpin, and I close very close to the bumper of 3rd, juuuuuuust pulled it up, then BANG. Clouted from behind, killed the guy in front, rear damage and a 5 second penalty. Good times.

Sadly cruised through the rest of the race for P8 and 180ish points. I think I’ll go again….

Attention all Nissan runners

If you're struggling for the last bit of pace in the contract car (2018 GTR), like I was, try the 2013 version - in my hands it was on average 0.7s per lap quicker. It wears the tyres out quicker (12 laps on RS against the 2018's 15) but it generates so much more grip that I was doing 2018 RS laptimes on RM anyway!

It's in brand central rather than legends, and as a bonus is "only" Cr450k (2018 is Cr650k).

Visit your nearest Brand Central Nissan Dealer today etc etc etc.

God, I'm mediocre at Gr.3 cars, terrible at Deep Forest and TERRIBLE at tyre management. Only good thing: two cool moves for my highlights compilation.

Q10, starting on medium tyres with -5 brake bias. I spin at first sector esses in the third lap.

I follow a Ferrari into the first turn, but he brakes earlier than I expected (I think I wasn't especially close), and, since I have no faith in my race anyway, I sacrifice myself into the grass to avoid him.

I spin once or twice more because I've already lost all focus.

After 9 laps I pit for softs and realize I'm P12 and I can reach the Corvette in P11. After some "good" laps I manage to overtake him.

My rear right tyre decides to vanish itself from time and space when there are still 3 laps to go. I drift a lot, A LOT, while the poor Corvette slows down because there's no clear way to overtake me. I think about just letting him pass because I know I'm dangerous and don't want to hit him if I lose control, but he's being sooo cautious there's no real risk.

The Corvette finally passes me in the back straight when there's just 1 lap to go. My rear left tyre decides to vanish itself too, so I spin in the first turn and become DFL, and then spin again in the last turn.

Now I know I should have done more laps with medium tyres, but they were pretty red too when I did my stop.

Decent race. Rediscovered my faith in the game after daily race shenanigans last night.

3rd round after 130 and 157 points so far. 12pm, the lunchbreak lobby (weird that there were no early morning races today before 11?)

Qualified 5th in the Vantage V12. Came out of the pits in a good position, but ended up just ahead of the only guy on the grid significantly quicker than me. Cost me a little time being wary of him, but happy nevertheless. Probably could have got Q3 with a decent lap.

18f7c32495353-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race was fun for the first stint. Started on RM. First lap I got the slightest of touches on one of the cars in front at the hairpin. Got a 2 second penalty for "forcing another driver off track". It was so slight and such slow speed that his car barely moved! I did try and move out of the way when I realised my car wasn't slowing down enough (full fuel load, my mistake entirely. Vid below, not sure how to embed)

Was 3rd after the first corner on lap two as three ahead crashed into each other (the McLaren livery car I hit did the same thing to two of them, but looked like he tried to dive down in between them to avoid them both tbf).

After my penalty, I was in 5th, having a good race with the driver in 6th. He tried a move at the hairpin, I undercut him to get it back, but two laps later he got me.

I pitted end of lap 9 for RS tyres. Settled into a groove knocking out quick laps. Once things settled down after L12/13 or So, I was 5th, and about 5 seconds ahead of the guy I'd been battling and further ahead of those who were previously a second behind when I pitted. Car in front was about 2 seconds ahead but had fresh softs on and pulled away relatively easily, so I was just racing on my own from lap 10 onwards. 5th place secured!

18f7c32650d87-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lovely lovely greeeeeeen Aston Martin. Beautiful car to drive.

18f7c328f5d64-screenshotUrl.jpg

Probably might have nabbed 4th without the penalty, as I would have been ahead on track from the McLaren liveried 911, but tbh he prob would have got me on fresher tyres. So nothing to moan about really. Think the tactics were about right, doing 9RM 11RS. Don't think anything else would have made a blind bit of difference.

127 points, job done. Onto a 15 lap Suzuka sprint on Saturday.

Attention all Nissan runners

If you're struggling for the last bit of pace in the contract car (2018 GTR), like I was, try the 2013 version - in my hands it was on average 0.7s per lap quicker. It wears the tyres out quicker (12 laps on RS against the 2018's 15) but it generates so much more grip that I was doing 2018 RS laptimes on RM anyway!

It's in brand central rather than legends, and as a bonus is "only" Cr450k (2018 is Cr650k).

Visit your nearest Brand Central Nissan Dealer today etc etc etc.
Since I already owned one, I tried the '13 version just for fun when practicing and noticed that it BOP'ed to more horsepower and less weight than the '18, but assumed it was required to use the contract car for racing. Is that not true?

Whilst I enjoy and admire the strategy testing, history tells me it will be worthless for this combo in GT1. The ONLY strat that will matter is the one where you’re lucky enough to not get permanent damage in any of the 3 massive divebomb zones.

The 4C is actually really quick around here, so I can pretty much guarantee my race will be ruined in the first 2 laps by some brain dead moron who wants to brake 20m later than necessary, thus taking out several cars who are actually taking sensible and respectful lines.
Unfortunately I was exactly right. Lap 1 into the hairpin and the hero behind me in an AMG forgot to brake and skittles 3 of us. I had to 2 stop, drove like a genius, reached p9 and then got pit maneuvered by p10 exiting the hairpin on the final lap.

I genuinely think this is THE worst race track in the game. It just constantly goads people into driving like their brains have fallen out.

Last edited:
Ah man. So I went again….

Repeated my qualifying efforts of the previous split, with a 1.25.5 for P3 this time.

And that’s about where the fun ended. Race starts, and I have zero FFB, and go pretty much straight ahead T1. I tried weaving to get some feel, but nothing came back. Ended up having to go on autopilot and reboot the wheel. It recovered, but I was dead last and 10 seconds behind.

P11 (I think) for 130 points and a ruined night.

Has anyone had this happen on a podium f1 before? My friend had a DD Pro and had the issue many times… I guess I’ll start by updating the firmware and hoping that fixes it….

Unfortunately I was exactly right. Lap 1 into the hairpin and the hero behind me in an AMG forgot to brake and skittles 3 of us. I had to 2 stop, drove like a genius, reached p9 and then got pit maneuvered by p10 exiting the hairpin on the final lap.

I genuinely think this is THE worst race track in the game. It just constantly goads people into driving like their brains have fallen out.
I’m sorry to hear mate. You had a heap of pace in FP too.

Since I already owned one, I tried the '13 version just for fun when practicing and noticed that it BOP'ed to more horsepower and less weight than the '18, but assumed it was required to use the contract car for racing. Is that not true?
Nope - as long as it is the correct group and your chosen manufacturer you'll be fine.
I've used the Sylvia in Gr4 for longer than I care to remember (not this season though as gr4 GTR is quicker) and I reckon the 99 skyline might be good at Daytona. One day I'll go mad and use the '84 silhouette in a GTWS round...

I'm planning to take a gt-r gt500 '99. It's very good on straight lines. But I don’t know how it is with the tires.
In my testing it did 14 laps on RS from a full tank. If you start on RM you might be able to change on L5, but I'd play it safe and change on L6.

It was actually faster than the 18 for full race time but slower than the 13.

I didn't know this. At all. I just assumed you had to use one of the two cars they give you. (admittedly I chose Genesis last time, now Aston Martin and I think they only have 1 in each class anyway?)
Aston also has the DBR9 in Gr3. I used that one throughout most of GTWS seasons 1 & 2 (it's been nerfed quite a lot now, the Vantage is much better these days).

Aston also has the DBR9 in Gr3. I used that one throughout most of GTWS seasons 1 & 2 (it's been nerfed quite a lot now, the Vantage is much better these days).
As I recall, that car made a showing a couple exhibition seasons ago in a Gr.3 Nations Cup race at the Daytona Tri-oval in the GT1 league because of its excellent fuel efficiency. The GT2/3 race was shorter, though, so others cars were better there.

As I recall, that car made a showing a couple exhibition seasons ago in a Gr.3 Nations Cup race at the Daytona Tri-oval in the GT1 league because of its excellent fuel efficiency. The GT2/3 race was shorter, though, so others cars were better there.
It did. The 6th gear on that car is quite tall so (which of course helps on fuel), even though it wasn't the fastest car around the track, with some fuel savings you didn't need to pit. Thus, most in GT1 used it.

GT2 was the Supra GT500

Last edited:
Is there a cut off before the event entry or no races at 5pm (UK)? I logged on 10 mins before which I thought was in plenty of time but the next scheduled event is at 6:00, which I can’t make.

Is there a cut off before the event entry or no races at 5pm (UK)? I logged on 10 mins before which I thought was in plenty of time but the next scheduled event is at 6:00, which I can’t make.
GT1 - 6pm, 8pm, 10pm

GT2/3 - Hourly slots from 11am to 3pm, then a break until the 6pm to 10pm hourly slots.

GT1 - 6pm, 8pm, 10pm

GT2/3 - Hourly slots from 11am to 3pm, then a break until the 6pm to 10pm hourly slots.
Thanks, I’m sure it must be published somewhere but I was very confused.

Also, do we have with details of the Daytona round race setup, or is this not published yet?

There's just no race at that time on a Wednesday.

They start hourly from 11am to 3pm, then 6pm-10pm British Summer Time (or 10-2, 5-9 UTC).

Latest Posts

Back