Gran Turismo World Series 2025 World Final: Jose Serrano and Team Porsche Take Titles

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 580 comments
  • 277,435 views
It looked like there was inexplicably a lot of lag going on,at least during the Daytona race. Someone at the venue told me the same thing.
 
I am not sure I've seen a red flag in an event other than maybe when they had IT problems a few years back.:

Last one I recall was when the Jaguar VGT was introduced and there was a big pile up at Sardegna Road.
 
Last edited:
What an underwhelming performance by the brand new 296 🤔
Getting rolled by 5 year old machines lol
It looked like there was inexplicably a lot of lag going on,at least during the Daytona race. Someone at the venue told me the same thing.
Lag in a lan race?
 
Last edited:
I couldn't help but be reminded...
gtws.webp

i look up to him.webp
 
Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Watch Live: 2025 Gran Turismo World Series World Final – Nations Cup​

With the Manufacturers Cup portion of the 2025 Gran Turismo World Series World Finals already concluded — and Team Porsche taking a landmark victory — it’s now the turn of the Nations Cup to round out the season...
 
What an underwhelming performance by the brand new 296 🤔
I've noticing that updated Gr.3 cars seem to have a curse on their live event debuts unless you're BRZ GT300 (or Genesis X GR3). 2018 GT-R GT3 only mustered 11th (opening race, grand finals and standings) in 2022 World Finals and 2020 AMG GT3 Evo finished last at 2023 Showdown (though it did bounce back by finishing 2nd at World Finals).
 
Last edited:
I've noticing that updated Gr.3 cars seem to have a curse on their live event debuts unless you're BRZ GT300 (or Genesis X GR3). 2018 GT-R GT3 only mustered 11th (opening race, grand finals and standings) in 2022 World Finals and 2020 AMG GT3 Evo finished last at 2023 Showdown (though it did bounce back by finishing 2nd at World Finals).
So its just like real GT3 cars then :lol:
 
1766298502299.webp


Was NOT expecting them to have the GT-One BOP'd with the GR.1 cars.
 
Viewership 13 500 total, new record for Japanese feed at 5.1K. For the first time since the introduction of the Chinese feed, it wasn't the smallest (not counting live timing feed), Portuguese feed took that honour today. Couple of years ago Portuguese was usually the 4th biggest feed, so they've seen a massive drop.

Congrats to Serrano, and now that I had a prediction correct for the first time in like what 4 years(?), of course I'll get a second in a row :D Granted that it was basically given but you know, still 1 million credits, I won't complain.

Awesome to get the Elantra N TCR :gtpflag:
 
Last edited:
Serrano dominated, 100% earned.

Apparently after his attempted rage quit in race 1 Labouteley "left the building", not sure if it was his choice or not. He may have returned later though.
 
Last edited:
Apparently after his attempted rage quit in race 1 Labouteley "left the building", not sure if it was his choice or not.
I was wondering where Labouteley went. That's not a good look for him if he really did walk out of the grand finals.

I'm watching on a delay and have only just finished race 2, but so far this hasn't been a good reflection on GTWS today IMO. That first race was a farce, completely unbalanced. Labouteley then disappearing for race 2 is embarrassing.

I think I vaguely recall rumours about Gallo being disgruntled with GTWS a few years back and PD giving him an ultimatum to fall in line or never be invited back (or something). If that did happen, I wonder how they'll respond to this.
 
Last edited:
That first race was just silly... If they're going to do something like that, they may as well fully commit to the bit and have a truly custom grid.
 
I think I vaguely recall rumours about Gallo being disgruntled with GTWS a few years back and PD giving him an ultimatum to fall in line or never be invited back (or something). If that did happen, I wonder how they'll respond to this.
I don't recall anything with Gallo, but I know one player (one frequently hit by bad luck in live events, who seems to have transferred this power to Guy Barbara now) had a DNF in a live event - at Monza as I remember it - after coasting around the final lap and parking it, and was subsequently taken aside and told not to do it again.

I think it's public knowledge but I'd want to check first to make sure.
 
🥇Serrano did it again! Congratulation and thank you for the 1 mill Credits in Christmas present! 🎄😀
 
Last edited:
Was his rage quit in protest against the quality of racing? Cause over these finals these guys haven't been the cleanest.
 
Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Jose Serrano Dominates to Win 2025 Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup​

Just as he has done almost all season long, Spain’s Jose Serrano has overpowered his rivals with a clean sweep in Fukuoka to win the Gran Turismo World Series Nations Cup 2025...
Do they ever share these races as replays so we (and the drivers themselves?) can see/analyse what's actually gone on, or is it just the race feed that's made available?
 
How do we get the credits I stayed up watching Serrano win on a twitch stream? I mean if they are sponsoring twitch streamers that dont normally even play GT7, they should pay out the viewers that have GT7.

edit: nvm, just have to click on the viewers campaign!!
 
Last edited:
Do they ever share these races as replays so we (and the drivers themselves?) can see/analyse what's actually gone on, or is it just the race feed that's made available?
Yes. Iirc it's called Active Viewing or something like that (Edit: it's called Dynamic Viewing.) It's basically replays with commentary included.
 
Last edited:
Having watched a recent Kireth's YT video on most used GT7 view modes, I tried to look up in the stream which view mode these aliens use when racing in the Finals.... And was somewhat still surprised they all seemed to use the bumper view (or the bonnet view, couldn't really tell as they were all wide angle shots of the whole racing line positions). Definitely, not the in-cockpit view.
 
Last edited:
Having watched a recent Kireth's YT video on most used GT7 view modes, I tried to look up in the stream which view mode these aliens use when racing in the Finals.... And was somewhat still surprised they all seemed to use the bumper view (or the bonnet view, couldn't really tell as they were all wide angle shots of the whole racing line positions). Definitely, not the in-cockpit view.
Kireth has a huge discount in logitech site, something like $495 off. I was gonna get it but dont have a rig anyway. LOL
 
Last edited:
Having watched a recent Kireth's YT video on most used GT7 view modes, I tried to look up in the stream which view mode these aliens use when racing in the Finals.... And was somewhat still surprised they all seemed to use the bumper view (or the bonnet view, couldn't really tell as they were all wide angle shots of the whole racing line positions). Definitely, not the in-cockpit view.
Cockpit view on flatscreen is a definite disadvantage for most people I'd guess. I use it, even though I know I'd be/I was faster in bumper view. I'd be amazed, but v v impressed, if any GTWS finalist used it.
I use it because I have to now, just feels more immersive (less like Superman, or a bird, flying around the track) and I'm OK with the slight disadvantage in times; I managed to gold everything in the game, and yeah I've probably lost a few online races I might've won over the years, but it's not something I'm bothered about. Would definitely be in bumper cam if I were vying for honours at the sharp end though.
 
Kireth has a huge discount in logitech site, something like $495 off. I was gonna get it but dont have a rig anyway. LOL
On which video does he gives that code ?

I use it because I have to now, just feels more immersive (less like Superman, or a bird, flying around the track) and I'm OK with the slight disadvantage in times; I managed to gold everything in the game, and yeah I've probably lost a few online races I might've won over the years, but it's not something I'm bothered about. Would definitely be in bumper cam if I were vying for honours at the sharp end though.
VR is your answer if you want the best immersion, cockpit cam but free to move head to better see turns, perfect ☺️
 
Last edited:
On which video does he gives that code ?


VR is your answer if you want the best immersion, cockpit cam but free to move head to better see turns, perfect ☺️
Yeah, I know, I have PSVR2 but rarely use it* as I prefer the pick-up-and-playability of pad, and doing VR with a pad just doesn't feel right (just like I resist using the pad triggers for acceleration and braking...) I do like using it for the showroom now and then, but for driving with it I think I'd need a wheel and seat, and I'm just not prepared to throw away my dignity by going that way - and in case saying that around these parts sets people off, it's just a joke... (probably...)

*Thankfully, it gets good usage from the kids who use it for Resident Evil and Horizon stuff.
 
Back