Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Begins 17 April

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 10,231 comments
It has gear changes. My issue is the stupid battery, I can't keep it charged for more than 3 laps.
Okay so it's not one of those, some hybrids in the game hadve only 1 gear I think. It could be intentional, some cars lose their hybrid after a few laps or later. I wish they all had recharging hybrids like 919 Hybrid or the Toyota TS050 Hybrid. Well we'll see if I do the race or not, if it has gear changes at least might change my mind.

Cos I once drove a Prius hybrid with 1 gear, was horrible abd boring to drive 🤢

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in the minority but I definitely appreciate having more slots available to choose from, especially when my schedule is busy.
You're definitely not. I also appreciate as many slots as possible. My Wednesday evenings are usually packed so sometimes I'm able to take a long lunch and get a race in the early afternoon in. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to do any.

What are you guys doing for QT on manu for this week? Are the ranked times at low 3:40s real or was that from wall riding before it was fixed?
I’m struggling to break 3:50 and will probably get it with more practice but I don’t see ~10sec waiting to be picked up on my current pace.

Last edited:
Righto.

So:

Queued up, assumed by default this combo is just PD laughing in the face of anyone that thought the BoP might be balanced (its not, I honestly don't know how Gr.4 can be used for an esports focused league in its current state). I saw the changes due to wallriding which is really vintage PD 'lets fix a problem by creating a problem that'll drastically screw over anyone trying to actually play the game properly'.

3 turns in I get turned into the wall by a not malicious but silly bit of driving by the other bloke I'm racing with. Damage, last place and 5 seconds for having the audacity to crash. Bloke who did it gives me the 'sorry but I'm just going to drive off like nothing happened'. I catch him anyway, I give him a hip check on my way past to show my displeasure, nothing more. To which (lmao) he brushes the bridge railing and gets 5sec of his own. I actually slightly felt sorry for him, as it basically means you can slap a 5 second on someone just for the fun of it.

Whatever, queue up for another go. Game freezes.

Honestly, if the state of sim/sim adjacent online multiplayer wasn't so dire on PlayStation, I would have binned this game a long time ago. The regression from the highs of GT Sport is baffling.

What are you guys doing for QT on manu for this week? Are the ranked times at low 3:40s real or was that from wall riding before it was fixed?
I’m struggling to break 3:50 and will probably get it with more practice but I don’t see ~10sec waiting to be picked up on my current pace.
No pace here, can’t figure out if it’s the track/car/me. Going to skip it completely.

1st try was good for me, especially after the Code Brown moment happened in lap 1 (03:12) :crazy:

Also, 1st of the non 4WD drivers, so like I said, I take that :lol:

Last edited:
Righto.

So:

Queued up, assumed by default this combo is just PD laughing in the face of anyone that thought the BoP might be balanced (its not, I honestly don't know how Gr.4 can be used for an esports focused league in its current state). I saw the changes due to wallriding which is really vintage PD 'lets fix a problem by creating a problem that'll drastically screw over anyone trying to actually play the game properly'.

3 turns in I get turned into the wall by a not malicious but silly bit of driving by the other bloke I'm racing with. Damage, last place and 5 seconds for having the audacity to crash. Bloke who did it gives me the 'sorry but I'm just going to drive off like nothing happened'. I catch him anyway, I give him a hip check on my way past to show my displeasure, nothing more. To which (lmao) he brushes the bridge railing and gets 5sec of his own. I actually slightly felt sorry for him, as it basically means you can slap a 5 second on someone just for the fun of it.

Whatever, queue up for another go. Game freezes.

Honestly, if the state of sim/sim adjacent online multiplayer wasn't so dire on PlayStation, I would have binned this game a long time ago. The regression from the highs of GT Sport is baffling.
It is impossible to understand what PD are thinking. My only conclusion is that the game is so broken that they know it is futile to even pretend they can make it work.

Group 4 is not remotely BoP’d. Then, as if to emphasize this failing, the only Group 4 race is a sprint where fuel and tyres don’t matter.

A 5 second penalty as the only answer to wallriding is also just laughable. If you clip the wall on entering the bridge (usually because someone pushes to pass) you are likely to get 10 seconds because you bounce into the right wall as well. So 10 seconds of penalty for doing something that probably costs you over a second anyway. It makes an absolute mockery of the idea that this is a well considered and fair e-sport platform.

How hard can it be to just change the geometry of the walls at key spots on the track?

So it’s going to be one of those races is it.

In quite a high rated lobby with a few 2nd split A+ drivers. Qualified 9th with a poor lap. End of the long straight lap 1 have someone in an Aston turn into my rear quarter for some unknown reason and spin me round resulting in heavy damage and 5 second penalty. Limp home in 12th.

Only enough time for one qualy lap too which is a bit annoying.

Last edited:
Interesting race for me. Aston Martin is not bad round here but struggling to get the pace out the car really.
All DR B/S lobby and it was a very mixed grid. 2 GTRs, 2 WRXs, 2 Citroens, SLS, Aston, Honda, 3 Porsche, Jaguar, Corvette, Viper & BMW

Quali - so I head out early and I let by anyone that want to get by. In the last few corners I go to make a gap yet the car behind decides they don’t want a gap and will ride my bumper. So I decide I’m just going to drive my quali lap. Any they make a few touches with me into T2, and then the run down to T3 I’m ahead and they try and send it, this causes us both to lose a few seconds. At this point the car behind is seeing red and makes another move. They make their final move by by pushing to pass me on the grass and I just leave my foot in it and hope to swipe them out too. In fact the car spins and it wipes them out anyway. So we both start at the end of the grid. I probably should have let them go but why should I make a gap before a lap for them to overtake in Quali?

Race - so I was expecting to sent into barriers. At the start we get bunched with a few cars ahead and I think this prevent the punt although they did rear end me. Expecting this I held the brakes to stop a barrier pen. Get through all that and into T3 a few ahead have a small issue, this allows me to gain 2 places, but the next corner the angry quali person decides to send it again on me. I run wide onto the grass an avoid the barriers but I leave with a smile on my face. I see the angry man in my rear view heading head first into the barriers. Back in P15 now, I just get on with the race and try and claw back what I can. End of L1 I make up 2 places via penalty and someone hitting the barriers. End of L2 upto P10 via crashes ahead of me. L3 I make a move for P9 into T3, and I think it was a bit of a dive, so I give the place back. I then make a clean overtake over the bridge on P9. Now upto P5 as a few more ahead crash or quit and also make an overtake in the final sector. Last lap I’m catching P4 but a few small mistakes in crucial parts of the track means I wasn’t close enough to make an overtake.

Overall P5 after a disaster quali and race start. I’ll take that result and 100 points. I think that the best result I could hope for really.

It is impossible to understand what PD are thinking. My only conclusion is that the game is so broken that they know it is futile to even pretend they can make it work.

Group 4 is not remotely BoP’d. Then, as if to emphasize this failing, the only Group 4 race is a sprint where fuel and tyres don’t matter.

A 5 second penalty as the only answer to wallriding is also just laughable. If you clip the wall on entering the bridge (usually because someone pushes to pass) you are likely to get 10 seconds because you bounce into the right wall as well. So 10 seconds of penalty for doing something that probably costs you over a second anyway. It makes an absolute mockery of the idea that this is a well considered and fair e-sport platform.

How hard can it be to just change the geometry of the walls at key spots on the track?

I don’t understand, it may be rose tinted glasses but I swear there was a balance at one stage in GTS where your 4WD and power cars could qualy well and command early phases of the race well, and then your meganes, caymans and 4Cs could meet them at the top by the late phases.

Why we’re getting minimal tyre and fuel usage sprints with such an unbalanced BoP in a competitive multiplayer mode that’s supposed to have real esports implications is just beyond comprehension.

ACC is dead and F1 is F1. I really want to love this game because it’s all I have on PS5 and PD makes it so hard.

Last edited:
I decided to give my Group 4.5 Hyundai a run anyway as it seems like people get lost and confused at this track but I love it. Saw familiar and friendly faces in the lobby but none I recognize from here. My 5 laps of practice come in handy as I leave a second or more on tbe outlap but end up having to pass a Cayman on the qualifying lap. I miss a couple of apexes, but nothing major. End up Q8, and second of the non-4wd cars. The other a viper in p6.

Race starts and someone cocks up the first right hander (turn 2?) And we all bunch up, then someone coming in hot bangs us around a bit. I get through qith no penalty or damage. And I have a great run on the WRX in front. Qe both pass a damaged GTR and I manage to outbrake them into the next corner. They try a couple of corners to get by, but are very aware I have to brake a little earlier so it hinders them. They get by me onto the long straight where 2 ahead tangled and maximize the draft to pass me.

(And screw the BoP!!! A damaged GTR was STILL faster than my Hyundai down the straight.) Anyway, thanks to the damage on the GTR it means I go way inside and outbrake them both into the next turn and move into p5. I make a few small errors not taking perfect lines and the WRX gets by me but we both catch the Viper ahead. Both of ua manage to get by and I have a great battle with the Viper. We bump a couple of times when I screw up my braking and they tap my rear, but it was a great battle. I get a 0.5 penalty and they get past me early in lap 4 so I bump draft them a bit into the penalty spot as a thanks for the clean race. Then heading up the final few turns they get a 0.5 as well. I decide to full attack the last few corners and manage to trim just over 0.7 off as I think they were rattled and I was fired up. Nipped the 1 second barrier just before the line to steal back P5 and take top Non-4wd for the race. And a cool 170 points

Much better than I expected. But even not knowing the track those 4wd cars are beyond stupidly OP. They could miss apexes and screw up corner exits and simply drive away anyway. But still made fun in the race and it beats the lap 6 disco ball from last week. I won't be last in my Manu with 0 points anymore!:cheers:

Ran the first slot, had door #5, qualified as Q5 and finished as P3.
We where 16 people at the go, but only 10 at the finish.
The guy running in P3 on lap 2 spunnout on his own, hit the wall just before the pits then caught back up at T3 (WRX), tried very obviously to dive bomb and use me to make the apex. I delayed turn in and he flew by and head first into the barrier. Emerged with 15 seconds penalty while I drove off with a smile on my face.
Good mix of vehicles.

1861b97ca8790-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_428927975280331_1675499903438.jpg
1861b97b0c981-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_428927972432227_1675499892313.jpg

Went again. Lobby’s a bit more settled in rank this time.

Took my first ever FIA/GTWS pole position!! :cheers:

AEBA842C-29ED-45E9-99AB-7B3FABAFCDC4.jpeg

Time was still a little disappointing, nearly 1.5 seconds slower than my free practice time. But was great to take one of the slowest cars on this track ahead of the 4WDs! As others have said, the BoP is crazy.

Led the entire race but made a tiny mistake heading onto the bridge losing the gap I had and couldn’t stop the WRX getting by down the long straight. Upset not to take my first GT7 win but very happy with 2nd for 200 points.

E55B68D5-E62B-4265-9CAA-A49C58602FF1.jpeg

94169925-6F96-4158-B6A5-235042EBD14D.jpeg

0FB57B5D-5F1B-42E5-BBB3-C6D85E5F1713.jpeg

Last edited:

if you wanna see how screwed up the game is at the moment...
Was watching Chuppagetti's livestream earlier today and he get's totally murdered at the bridge. And guess who get's the penalty....
you might think that after so many years PD would have been able to get a decent penaltysystem and drivers who crash for whaterver reason into a barrier do not get a penalty to add insult to injury!?

(lap 3 of his first race, incident at about 44+ minutes, replays after his race)

regarding the BoP: in GTS you had a period when the FR cars were much faster then the others but that was compensated in the race by them having a lot more tyrewear. In GT7 a lot of races are tyrewear on +1 and no option to adjust the breakbalance, so the AWD's are so much in favour it is ridiculous. An no attempt what so ever, even after a year, to fix it....Surely someone at PD might at one point notice that the top 100 in laptimes are constantly all WRX's or GT-R's?

Last edited:
if you wanna see how screwed up the game is at the moment...
Was watching Chuppagetti's livestream earlier today and he get's totally murdered at the bridge. And guess who get's the penalty....
you might think that after so many years PD would have been able to get a decent penaltysystem and drivers who crash for whaterver reason into a barrier do not get a penalty to add insult to injury!?

(lap 3 of his first race, about - 2 hours)

regarding the BoP: in GTS you had a period when the FR cars were much faster then the others but that was compensated in the race by them having a lot more tyrewear. In GT7 a lot of races are tyrewear on +1 and no option to adjust the breakbalance, so the AWD's are so much in favour it is ridiculous. An no attempt what so ever, even after a year, to fix it....Surely someone at PD might at one point notice that the top 100 in laptimes are constantly all WRX's or GT-R's?

Ironically I just raced chuupaghetti in the 11pm slot here along with a NZ alien on his Alt. Needless to say they finished 1 and 2 and I finished p4.

Manufacturers 2023 Exhib season 2.

Round [2/3]

GTWS Manu rd 2 2023.jpg

GR4 Nissan.... well ****, talk about the car everyone hates in this round! And driving one would mean that it's my race to lose!

I had the least practice of any rounds this weekend but the track itself was the only thing to learn.

--Qualifying: With only 1 other GTR in my race, I ended up on pole:

1675524375544.png

2nd GTR was +0.328 behind and 3rd was a Porsche Cayman at +1.346 second behind myself. Just showing how this track favours the GTR still.

--Race:

No strategies involved here as we all know, RH for 4 laps? Being on pole, the only strategy was to break away from the pack and run till the end.

after the first sector into the mayhem braking zone corner, i was already 1.450 seconds ahead. The GTR in second ended up 3rd behind the Cayman and pretty much stayed that way till the end of the race. Best lap time of 3:46.831.

1675524759839.png

1675524804165.png

Well, job done I guess? Good points with again the new record amount for myself in a Manu race.

1675524889670.png

The race itself for those who want to fall asleep:

Tried it just as a curiosity and yeah penalty fest / bad driving is real on this track

Qualification went ok , but some people for some reason thought they racing already and been bumping each other ... and it got me too slamed into a wall like couple drivers did thus ended on P11 - also still why the time for qualification is so short?!

Race went like a puntfest , many Caymans were faster but slower around the corners thus many of them were blocking me to go around them with my Renault Megane Trophy - i wish it had better top speed so i can outrun them...
then there was a dude that started killing everybody with GTR , slamming and everything thankfully i ran fast as i could and that ahole had like 20 sec penalty lol
so i ended up in P6 in this cluster**** so i am happy xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Harsh wall penalties destroyed what could have an excellent race.

1st American time slot. Qualified 5th. Race starts and the top 5 pull away. 3 laps of very clean and close racing. A slight bump on the downhill righthander and I skim the barrier. +5 to me for that. I serve the penalty which allows the rest of the pack to catch up with me. Get pinballed several times and end up with +15 seconds before I decide to just stop and let these guys go ahead.

Anyway I understand the need to punish/stop wall riders but it shouldn't come at the expense of people trying to play legit and enjoy the game they purchased.

Anyway I understand the need to punish/stop wall riders but it shouldn't come at the expense of people trying to play legit and enjoy the game they purchased.
This is all I’m saying! For the past few months, this.

Was feeling confident during the races but I kept messing it up. 2PM slot Mucked up qualifying by running wide at the fast left after the long straight. For daring to drive across the grass and mucking up my final sector I got 0.5 seconds. However as I could not pass a penalty zone before the end my lap was invalidated. This is where GT massively fails. Give me a 1 second penalty added onto my time. I made the mistake and will hold my hands up to it. But don't scrub my lap in what is effectively a 1 lap shootout. Starting last but 1 was probably good. I missed out on some carnage. Made 2 or 3 postitions before a Merc tapped me and spun me.
6f272fe465a578f8923df4c16c8a0a5e_photo.webp

It looks like he was a bit of a bowling ball in the first few corners and shoved off several drivers judging by the replay. Not dirty just unaware and lacks race savvy. His reward a 2nd place. Mine? 5 seconds for being punted into the barrier. Thankfully it was eventful ahead and I managed P11 when all was said and done. Only a few points more than last week. 3pm slot. Got qualy better this time and put it P4. I was a happy spectator on the 3 ahead going toe to toe. I managed to work myself up to 3rd when one ahead got a penalty. However on lap 3 the car failed to turn in turn 1 and I hit the barrier and spun out. Dropped lots of positions and got the pen plus damage. Finished P8. Usually I'd leave it there. Top 10 and good points (in the 50's), but after this I wanted to go again as I knew I could do well. What a choice this was! Did even better in qualy. POLE! With my fastest lap of the day.
20230204_161145.jpg

Was cautious into t2, or more so than the Cayman behind who made the move.
935f994b18c5275f19b02e3f41390f64_photo.webp

I stayed with them putting pressure on for 2 laps but then they pulled away with some stonking laps. The Cayman seems decent around here. They were well worth the win and I was 5 seconds clear of P3 to come home P2. 69 points and a very happy podium place. Now to sign off and watch the Rugger! 🏉

Edit: Not sure why it lost my pictures when editing?

Last edited:
I can’t think of anything less fun than today’s race. Mine was over before T1 when I got punted into a wall, got a ten second penalty, and everyone else drove off with nothing. Then I had to drive four entirely boring laps just so my “sportsmanship” wasn’t further penalized. What is the ******* deal with this?! Why are wall penalties so harsh when actual bad driving is unchecked?!

This week’s winning strategy: start at the back, plow into EVERYONE in front of you, let them take huge penalties, and drive off for the win.

Just garbage. Thanks PD.

Last edited:
For those who were wondering about the answer to QT question I had earlier in case this helps you figure out if you give this round a shot.

Watched cablemania’s video and in A+
there were 3:50 times in qualifying. With pole being far away from 3:41 ranked times on the boards.

I’ll go practice a bit more and give it a go. Hopefully this helps someone else with their decision so they don’t think low 3:40 is the bar.

Yeah, I've always struggled with St Croix, my pace warranted maybe a P11 at best tonight, but instead P8 due to the chaos around with crashes and wall penalties and what not certainly helped 😏

P7 was even possible, if I didn't end up involved in some fighting. But I still take the 147 pts and run 🏃 I don't understand how to drive here properly, such a weird rhythm to this track. Although I did win my first Nations Cup race here in F1500 T-A in GTS back in the day, when I was B DR.

Hopefully next week will be a good combo, since race 1 at NGP I did not like so I skipped it, and in this one I was lucky to score more than 140 🤞

Attachments

• IMG_20230204_194343914_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230204_194343914_HDR.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20230204_194442982_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230204_194442982_HDR.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 6
Honestly, this Manu sucks. Doesn't feel like a Manu race at all, more like a Daily C. And a short Daily C to boot. 15:XX run time?! And this track sucks. Looks like someone gave a toddler a crayon and a blank sheet of paper for the design. It doesn't flow at all. My new least favorite track in the game.

I ran three of them today: two on the 3 account (Dodge: P1, and P3) and one on the 2 account (Ford: P2).

First race was the 3 account which is still pretty new, so I am just trying to build up some DR. Qualified on pole and was able to walk away winning by ~ eight seconds.

Second race was on the 2 account. Horrid quali lap staring P5. Made it up to P2 and had some good battles in the race.

Third race was back to the 3 account. Messed up on my quali lap and started P2. I was driving so bad, think I was just fatigued a little and already over this track/Gr4 combo. The guy behind was super pressuring me and eventually got by. Kept him within ~1.0-1.5 seconds but that's where I finished.

By the end of the third race this one seemed more of a chore than enjoyment. Already looking forward to a wet Fuji! Only upside to today's was getting to see my bomb-ass Viper livery.

300af48f5f9f6451c3ef045b1a1afca0_photo.webp

Last edited:
After reading reports from earlier today I wasn't expecting much, I know this track has seen some dirty driving today...I managed to get into 5th due to the ridiculous first lap penalties most of the field got from scuffles I avoided, but had a slower driver behind who had one technique to overtake - divebomb Every.Single.Corner. Such imagination. When they did get ahead (thanks penalty system!) they were annoyed that I resisted being punted into the barrier as I overtook on the outside, and proceeded to carry out a punting vendetta for half the race. They eventually messed up on the final twisty complex through the village and came last, but I wonder - is the game even fun for these people?

I've done the race 3 times now and I keep getting screwed by people ramming me, sending me off the track and I get awarded with a 5 second penalty for my troubles when I hit a barrier. Hopefully, 4 times will be the charm.

This is all I’m saying! For the past few months, this.
Agree it happened to me a stupid guy deciding to overtake me in the first corner which is the craziest place to do that, I touched the wall only a little..5s penalty which means 10s lost as it has to be taken in the long straight 😡

unfortunately a few have to spoilt a great race by finding cheats and exploits in a race. Ive seen a few people wall ride a few corners which has caused everyone to suffer with harsh penalties. I hope these wall riders are not complaining about harsh penalties.
I can’t think of anything less fun than today’s race. Mine was over before T1 when I got punted into a wall, got a ten second penalty, and everyone else drove off with nothing. Then I had to drive four entirely boring laps just so my “sportsmanship” wasn’t further penalized. What is the ******* deal with this?! Why are wall penalties so harsh when actual bad driving is unchecked?!

This week’s winning strategy: start at the back, plow into EVERYONE in front of you, let them take huge penalties, and drive off for the win.

Just garbage. Thanks PD.
Yeah todays race was awful. Unfortunately the harsh penalties abuse by a few idiots who exploited the rules has caused issues for others which then implement other issues for innocent by standers.

Honestly, this Manu sucks. Doesn't feel like a Manu race at all, more like a Daily C. And a short Daily C to boot. 15:XX run time?! And this track sucks. Looks like someone gave a toddler a crayon and a blank sheet of paper for the design. It doesn't flow at all. My new least favorite track in the game.

I ran three of them today: two on the 3 account (Dodge: P1, and P3) and one on the 2 account (Ford: P2).

First race was the 3 account which is still pretty new, so I am just trying to build up some DR. Qualified on pole and was able to walk away winning by ~ eight seconds.

Second race was on the 2 account. Horrid quali lap staring P5. Made it up to P2 and had some good battles in the race.

Third race was back to the 3 account. Messed up on my quali lap and started P2. I was driving so bad, think I was just fatigued a little and already over this track/Gr4 combo. The guy behind was super pressuring me and eventually got by. Kept him within ~1.0-1.5 seconds but that's where I finished.

By the end of the third race this one seemed more of a chore than enjoyment. Already looking forward to a wet Fuji! Only upside to today's was getting to see my bomb-ass Viper livery.

300af48f5f9f6451c3ef045b1a1afca0_photo.webp
Yeah manufactures has been poor so far this year. I hope the proper season we see some great races. Gr4 so far has been the biggest let down as both races been dominated with 4wd cars. Also why was todays race 4 laps with x1 fuel x1 tyre? Add a few more laps at least but also add a bit of tyre or fuel in there would have this race more interesting. As you say this was more like a daily race b of anything.
Hopefully the proper season has better races

Back